Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Relocating To America - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relocating To America (1713 Views)

Relocating: Household Items For Sale / Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / Advice For Relocating To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To America by jinggles(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,
I need your opinion on this. My name is Ada and work in a bank. I'm having issues trying to decide whether to relocate to America or not. Let me paint the scenario for you. My current grade is ETOP but I have the opportunity to study nursing in America and yes I have a background in science . I'm married I have no kids yet but I'm expecting. I need your help on deciding whether to take this opportunity or
not. undecided
Re: Relocating To America by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
That you have no kids yet, does not mean you can or cannot go...your husband should be involved in this.
Re: Relocating To America by osaslord500(m): 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
U should go if you are financially stable.
Re: Relocating To America by pickabeau1: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
Whats ETOP?

@ jinggles
Re: Relocating To America by bukatyne(f): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
jinggles:
Dear Nairalanders,
I need your opinion on this. My name is Ada and work in a bank. I'm having issues trying to decide whether to relocate to America or not. Let me paint the scenario for you. My current grade is ETOP but I have the opportunity to study nursing in America and yes I have a background in science . I'm married I have no kids yet but I'm expecting. I need your help on deciding whether to take this opportunity or
not. undecided

Are you relocating with your husband?
Re: Relocating To America by jinggles(f): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
Bukatyne thanks for your response. He doesn't have the papers yet. But I want to file for him when u get there.
Re: Relocating To America by jinggles(f): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
ETOP : is executive trainee on probation.
Re: Relocating To America by pickabeau1: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
jinggles:
ETOP : is executive trainee on probation.

Why do u want to study nursing?
Re: Relocating To America by raumdeuter: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Would you have papers when you get to America
Re: Relocating To America by bukatyne(f): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
jinggles:
Bukatyne thanks for your response. He doesn't have the papers yet. But I want to file for him when u get there.

Is it foolproof that when you get there, you can file for your husband? If yes, What is the timeline?

Is there a job/source of income waiting for your husband as you intend to study? If no, do you have enough savings to sustain you till you find your feet?

Is your admission and papers sure?

What do you want to build a career in?

What does your husband currently do? General response is OK.
Re: Relocating To America by gidjah(m): 3:32am On Aug 25, 2015
Though with rigor,you can also achieve ur America dream over here too,you want to expose your husby to temptation abi?,you want to go raise your kids in the states abi?,can you cope with raising kids in the American way?can you cope when their culture starts manifesting in them?.All d same,if you are that financially comfortable,pls ensure you have all lines well drawn out between you and oga,ensure he is deep into this and not your idea,else...seem he is not too bouyant.
Re: Relocating To America by Blueberryblast: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
Re: Relocating To America by Miami11: 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
Do you have reliable family support in US, you will need people to help you with babysitting, job seeking, driving and all that.

It is not easy in this country as a newbie and with a baby, trust me, plan adequately

(1) (Reply)

6 Very Annoying Things Nigerian Uncles Do [photos] / Shocking: Picture Of 52 Year Old Driver Caught With 14year Old Oga Daughter / The 5 Big Mistakes Our African Parents Made While Raising Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.