Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry (1146 Views)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by aee(f): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Please I want to know why men get angry when they are hungry
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
an hungry man is an angry man, it is a common saying
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Cutehector(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Because food is better dan sex.
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by kamair237(m): 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
I actually witnessed dis today....
My oldman was very pissed dat his food was not ready on time....

Wat he did ehhh....
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Galacious1: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
Cutehector:
it depends on type of food n d type of sex.
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by thorpido(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
What kind of men?
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by kestolove95(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
Becox his hungry
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by nochildsplay(m): 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ask Peter Edoche. He'll explain in details
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Chidoks(f): 1:06am On Aug 24, 2015
honestly the thing tire me o.their reactions are so unlike them when hungry starting from my dad(God rest his soul) to my uncle and his majesty.that one will so whine and whine until one will think i don't feed him well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by SAMBARRY: 1:27am On Aug 24, 2015
grin cheesy grin grin

nothing to say for now
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by eleojo23: 5:52am On Aug 24, 2015
I will answer it scientifically. Pardon the long answer.

When someone is hungry, there is a drop in glucose.
According to research, the drop of glucose in the brain also causes people to drop socially acceptable behavior, which makes them grumpy and irritable.
A study published recently (in 2014) says that this tendency to let go of socially acceptable behavior when hungry is expressed in greater intensity toward those with whom the hungry person is closest, such as one's spouse or friends.
A hungry person finds it hard, to some degree, to practice self-control because self-control requires energy from glucose, and a hungry person has dropping levels of glucose.
The study also explains that hunger causes the body to go into a glucose counter-regulatory response, which simply means that the brain instructs some organs to release hormones that will increase the level of
glucose in the bloodstream.
These include the stress hormone adrenaline.
Adrenaline is responsible for putting the body in a "fight or flight" mode when a person is caught in life-threatening situations. (Believe me, hunger is a life-threatening situation) grin
So the body copes with hunger by releasing adrenaline and putting it in a similar "fight or flight" mode, making a hungry person snap at others when he or she normally wouldn't.

This applies to both men and women. The reason why men appear to be more aggressive is that their metabolism of food is higher than that of women because of their biological make-up and also due to increased level of physical activity.
We all know that men generally engage in more physically exhausting activities than women.
Oh, you don't think so?
Who is usually called to lift the heavy stuffs around the house? Is it not the man? And you expect him not to be grumpy when hungry? Come on, he needs fuel! gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by focus7: 6:23am On Aug 24, 2015
I don't know about that but I am normally calm when hungry.
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by focus7: 6:29am On Aug 24, 2015
Cutehector:
funny, though you are right but I can be calm when hungry but get angry when sex starved.
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Cutehector(m): 6:31am On Aug 24, 2015
focus7:
funny, though you are right but I can be calm when hungry but get angry when sex starved.
u can be calm wen hungry and get angry wen sex starved..

Just look at ur life.....
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by therealdeal10: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2015
Mhen it's in our nature we lyk food so much trust me u dnt wanna starve us wen dere r plenty of eatables around

Me eehh I tend 2 b so angry n violent at every1 wen am hungry cuz my stomach wuld b making one terrible noise lyk dat cheesy

Jst lyk d saying d fastest way 2 a man's heart is his food grin
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by vikel2104: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
Hahaha, funny replies. cheesy
Lalasticlala, come and take this to F... make we hear answers o!
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Agbaletu: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
The only thing i am still not able to control is hunger. I can even go violent when hunger bites me harder. Nobody messes up or jokes with me whenever i am hungry.
Re: Why Do Men Get Angry When They Are Hungry by Agbaletu: 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
therealdeal10:
Mhen it's in our nature we lyk food so much trust me u dnt wanna starve us wen dere r plenty of eatables around

Me eehh I tend 2 b so angry n violent at every1 wen am hungry cuz my stomach wuld b making one terrible noise lyk dat cheesy

Jst lyk d saying d fastest way 2 a man's heart is his food grin

Lol...just like me.

(1) (Reply)

Your Mom Or Step Mom / Does The Feeling Ever Go? / Is It As A Result Of Old Age Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.