Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome (837 Views)

Need Help Wit Some American Seasonal Films / List Your Tv Series That You Wished Were Not Cancelled / Interesting TV Series That Were Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by ebamma(m): 8:19am On Aug 24, 2015
The same issue we have against nollywood is what we savour daily in American serials, which is repetitive storylines,

Some series we love watching , I think started becoming repetitive and predictable include,

1)24: I loved the heroics of Jack Bauer in the first to third season , but from the fourth season, I started predicting what will happen at the end and I was always 80% correct,

Terrorists always succeed in getting nuclear or biological weapons into the United States,

I'm surprised that the always end up having the phone number of the President of the United States,

The might be able to set off a bomb or two with minimal casualties, then as the third bomb that could have had a maximum casualty result is about to go off, Jack Bauer always appears to save the day,

I bet many of us who watched the series have seen this storyline appear in 3 or more seasons.

And don't forget there is always a mole in Ctu,

And even if Jack Bauer is exposed to chemical weapons or shot 5 times he will not even be seriously injured talk less of dying

3 Likes

Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by ebamma(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2015
2)The Walking Dead : The Sheriff Rick Grimes looking for and finally seeing his family after a zombie invasion that killed almost everybody in his city is a good storyline, we enjoyed the 3 seasons of them trying to survive looking for food, meeting bad guys who tried to killed them and take their belongings and all of that,

But from the season 4, the story becomes predictable,

Their food rations will be exhausted some of them will go out looking for food, their camp will be overrun by zombies and maybe a few of them will lose their lives and then the will go looking for a new safe place to stay, the will meet bad guys who will try to kill them,

And don't forget, Rick Grimes is untouchable, he might fall sick, become detached , start acting weird, but death is afraid of Rick Grimes,

I bet this storyline repeated itself for almost the whole series
Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by swiftz(f): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
Grey's Anatomy.

Shonda Rhimes should just end that series abeg. She keeps killing off the good characters and breaking up our favorite couples. Most times, its as if them no know wetin to write again. Repeating storylines.
Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by olajorn(m): 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
Am expecting to see merlin
Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by JUHABACH: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2015
SUPERNATURAL. tbh, the series should have ended in s5, yet they keep milking the show.
Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by Csami(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
Pretty little liars
Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by obixcel(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
Yea u got right on the "24" Series, I'm a fan of dat series,it's d most repetitive series i've ever watched. That's why I'll always prefer the "Prison Break", from d start to d last Season Five, it was unpredictable, loved it all way.
Re: Some American Series That Overstayed Their Welcome by obixcel(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2015
The closest to 24 was MERLIN, haha,Merlin would always come to Prince Authur's rescue every single time, also The land would always be attacked and invaded by witches and wizards from other kingdoms nearby.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Can Somebody Show Me The Link To Download Shuga Season 4 Epi 7 / Leaked Video Of A Policeman Auditioning For A X-rated Movie In An Abuja Hotel / The Jungle Book 2016 Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.