Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

• My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient (4369 Views)

AIDS And Teen Sex Education / Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina / Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

• My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by comfort3: 12:26am On Mar 29, 2009
Great betrayal
• My husband contracted AIDS and continued to sleep with me – Dying AIDS patient
By HENRY UMAHI (umahi@sunnewsonline.com)
Saturday, March 28, 2009

[b]For the family of Mrs. Ugonna (surname withheld) fate could be cruel. The family is almost at extinction owing to the ravages of the dreaded Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). The woman’s husband died of AIDS a few years ago. Four of her children, including the only male child, also died of AIDS. At present, she is lying critically ill in the village waiting for death.

The illness? AIDS.
However, apart from the fact that the widow has lost her children and on the verge of death, what pains her most is that her husband, who could pass for the harbinger of death, deliberately infected her with the dreaded disease. As she dies piecemeal, she cannot come to terms with the betrayal.

Ugonna’s husband contracted the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) many years ago. He was diagnosed of the disease without his wife’s knowledge. The man hid the truth from his wife and continued having unprotected sex with her. The woman got infected and has developed full blown AIDS. Today, the once beautiful, bubbly woman, who is in her late 30s, is now a shadow of her old self, with death at her doorsteps. She looks gaunt but her spirit remains high.

“I am a victim of love and circumstance. I was betrayed by the man I loved with my whole being and gave my all. It is quite unfortunate. Yes, it is a tragedy,” she said, taking each word at a time.
Saturday Sun gathered that Ugonna’s ordeal began shortly after the demise of her husband nine years ago. Pregnant at the time, she was admitted to the General Hospital in her community when her health began to nose-dive.

Doctors had run tests on her and the tale began to spin. The verdict was that her problem was the same as the one that had killed her husband. Shockingly, she told the doctor she was not aware of the exact sickness that took her husband’s life. The sad news was eventually broken to her.
It was gathered that the development triggered health crises in her. However, she was eventually delivered of a baby boy, the first in seven pregnancies. Unfortunately, the baby did not live long.

Before then, Ugonna had also lost three other female children in quick succession, at infancy. It is believed that the dead children were also victims of the secret shame of their father. However, first three children, between the ages of 12 and 17, are healthy. It is believed that the lucky three were born before the deadly virus reared its ugly head in the family.

Ugonna’s family members are furious that their brother-in-law landed the family in this problem. They consider it as callousness on his part for having concealed the true nature of his sickness from their sister, thereby denying her the opportunity of seeking early treatment and better management of the situation.

With tears rolling down her cheeks, Ugonna’s younger sister told Saturday Sun: “It’s a nightmare for all of us. In fact, our mother was so shocked that she died. Again, considering the stigma associated with HIV/AIDS/, you will see that one cannot adequately quantify what the family has been through. While he was philandering, he did not think about his family. He did not consider it wise to play safe, as they say, at least for the sake of his wife. Even after it was confirmed that he was HIV positive, he still carried on as if all was well, sleeping with my sister and all that. He did not think it necessary to take her, as his wife, into confidence so that something could be done about her case before it becomes late. They were still having children and they were dying; he still didn’t have the conscience to act right.

“All these years, we have been trying to manage my sister at a great cost. We have been objects of ridicule in the village because of this. Even the surviving children are traumatized. As I said before, this is a nightmare. I would never have believed that my brother-in-law could behave the way he did. Even when his business went down, we supported them financially to the best of our abilities. While it is not good to speak ill of the dead I will not fail to say that man is from the pit of hell.”[/b]A source, however, disclosed that when the man was at the pang of death, he made efforts to speak with the wife. But having lost strength and energy, owing to the ravages of AIDS, he was not audible or strong enough to pass his message. No one could tell what he wanted to say.
Meanwhile, Ugonna’s family is appealing to public-spirited individuals and organizations to come to its aid at least for the sake of the three surviving children, whose future looks bleak.

“Nigerians should please help our sister and her children, as we have exhausted all our resources over the years catering for them,” cried one member of the indigent family.
Ugonna has not come to terms with what has befallen her. She cannot understand how or why the man who met and married her when she was barely 20 years old could be so secretive even to the extent of putting her life in danger.

Saturday Sun gathered that while her husband’s sickness lasted, she was there for him, doing virtually all she could to make his burden light. In fact, on several occasions, she sought financial favours from her immediate family to take care of his medical bills as well as other needs.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/mar/28/national-28-03-2009-01.htm
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 29, 2009
Why do you always got to post shitty news?

I wonder if you ever smile.

Demonic ppl
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by osisi2(f): 12:41am On Mar 29, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Why do you always got to post shitty news?

I wonder if you ever smile.

Demonic ppl

The stupid character named comfort is mohadana of before.
Very saddistic individual ,criminally minded fellow, full of self hate
He only cuts and pastes crime stories
Never contributes to any threads including his own.
He couldnt even make a simple sentence in correct grammar the last time he tried.
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 29, 2009
**osisi:

He couldnt even make a simple sentence in correct grammar the last time he tried.
Like seriously, every thread he post is just plain cruel undecided
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2009
How demoralizing. plz post in the health section angry
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Becomrrich: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2009
This is one of the reason the church should preach the word of God and not preach how they could collect people money. If this man knows the truth. He would not have done this. Can someone post the picture of this man pastor and the church he goes to. You would discover, it is one of this nigeria pastors who claim to be born again and he is a 410,

When you leave the truth and start preaching heresy, soul are lost.
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by DeReloaded: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2009
Depressing. undecided

Sure when she found out about the cheating, she was told to "pray about it"

1 Like

Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by MrCrackles(m): 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2009
Becomrrich:

This is one of the reason the church should preach the word of God and not preach how they could collect people money. If this man knows the truth. He would not have done this. Can someone post the picture of this man pastor and the church he goes to. You would discover, it is one of this nigeria pastors who claim to be born again and he is a 410,

When you leave the truth and start preaching heresy, soul are lost.

grin cheesy grin
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2009
We are talking of a person who has next to no regard for the woman he was married to and you claim a pastor could have changed that? Jeezzz!!! and we wonder why some religious people are considered numknots! Please, the man's actions have absolutely nothing to do with church or pastor. He chose to sentence the woman he married and the children of his loins to death of his own choice. Let us stop passing blame for these things!! We see such happen across all of Africa each day and many of these heartless souls walk free among us. Ever wonder how many murder's you know as an african; murder's that may never be caught or purnished?
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by MaiSuya(m): 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2009
where was the issue of Church mentioned in the article sef?
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by DeReloaded: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2009
I figured by now everyone knew BecomeRich is a lunatic
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Pataki: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2009
**osisi:

Is he/she the same person as: ^muda? I have noticed how this particular fellow raises threads with crime stories towards some set of tribes in Nigeria, and never makes any posts except to use emoticons on the politics section.

When obviously, there is a crime section, and the poster can go post his sadistic stories there.
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by lucabrasi(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2009
@post
this is not a nigerian or african thing as its been made to look like,a man or a woman can subject his/her partner to such either in the united states,the united kingdom or anywhere in the world,its difficult to know if your partner has contracted hiv especially if you have had no cause to suspect him/her
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by blackspade(m): 1:00am On Mar 30, 2009
**osisi:

True, the most I've ever seen written by *comfort besides these cut and paste articles was:

wink
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2009
i even wonder what this has got to do with politics
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Epi: 2:22am On May 05, 2009
AIDS WALK

Date & Time: Sunday, May 17
Time: 8:15am

http://www.aidswalk.net/newyork/
Re: • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient by Becomrrich: 2:55am On May 05, 2009
That is why it is good to test for AIDS. alway do AIDS test.

(1) (Reply)

What Time Do Phcn Offices Close For The Day? / LIVEPURE super Immune Booster , The Solution To Healthy Living. / Botcho Cream & Yodi Pills-breast.hips And Bums Enlargement Tel+27616383496

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.