Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? (2815 Views)

Doctors Cure Leukemia Patient With HIV Injection / A Former Aids Patient Speaks Out On Tv, Atheatos Kosmos / • My Husband Contracted Aids And Continued To Sleep With Me – Dying Aids Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by slap1(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2009
Hi everyone, just trying to quench my curiosity here. I want to know if anyone in the House can make love to an AIDS patient with a condom. Personally, I don’t think it’s a risk what taking but, hey, that’s my opinion. So what do you think? Would you make love to an AIDS patient with condom?
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by dominique(f): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2009
no way. . . yeah yeah condoms are 99.9% safe, who said you cant be part of the 0.1% at risk?
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by macIB(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2009
at your own risk!!!
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by PAININASS: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2009
Yes ofcourse,when there condom there is hope and if she is first class Aids patient i will double the condom
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Chi4nelo(f): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2009
Hell no! even if an offer is made, I cannot. sad
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by agathamari(f): 11:34am On Apr 05, 2010
artificial condoms straight from the factory are only 95-98% effective depending on materials used, natural condoms (sheep skin) are far less effective.  condoms must be stored between 15-25 degrees c.  any higher or lower they loose their effectiveness.  they must be stored below 85% humidity again or they loose effectiveness.  people are advised not to store them in wallets because it is believe even that can decrease their effectiveness (from friction).  when was the last time Nigeria was below 25 degrees c?  are they sold in climate controlled shops?  shipped in climate controlled trucks?  your looking at your average condom having less then a 85-90% effectiveness in Nigeria.  do you really want to take that risk?

PAININASS:

Yes ofcourse,when there condom there is hope and if she is first class Aids patient[b] i will double the condom[/b]
using 2 condoms at once increased the likelyhood of breakage.  one condom alone is far more effective then two
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Spyker: 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2010
N1billion US Dollars, N1Billion British Pounds and N1Billion Euros offered will not make me do it
No amount of money in the world would make me do it. A confirmed case of HIV/AIDS is as good as a delay gun shot.
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by jennyty: 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2010
Not even for d world,
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 05, 2010
Condoms are actually 75% effective so do so at your own risk. Research has shown that the HIV virus is small enough to pass through the pores of the condoms but then the companies wouldnt tell you that would they? Just like Cigarettes and Alcohol, they will kill you but the government gets massive taxes from those so even if 100% of the population had liver disease or lung cancer, you will still see them in the shops.
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by face969: 1:53am On Apr 08, 2010
My good friend did it the other day. Not only is he still healthy, he's now PRESIDENT OF SOUTH AFRICA !

1 Like

Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by tishat(f): 7:23am On Apr 08, 2010
I wonder if someone who is down with Aids as in Aids will have the strenght and urge to have sex even.
Abi una never see one??hisssssssss
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by agathamari(f): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2010
tishat:

I wonder if someone who is down with Aids as in Aids will have the strenght and urge to have intimacy even.
Abi una never see one??hisssssssss
some people with aids go out of thier way to infect others
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by face969: 1:33pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^
Thank u jare !
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by davou4eva(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2010
Bros, u re on ur own
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by manmustwac(m): 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2010
that is a definite NO NO. But then u could be making love to a babe without a condom who dosen't know she has aids.
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by mamagee3(f): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
Seriously, Is this thread required?
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Bobbyaf(m): 9:35pm On Apr 10, 2010
@ poster do you know who an AIDS patient is? Its one who is sick. One who is so sick they can die at any point in time. So why would you ask such a question in the first place? A person is cllassified as having AIDS when their CD4 cell count falls below 200/microL of blood, or if there are disease manifesting-symptoms caused by opportunistic microbes.

Unless you are confusing the terms "an HIV infected person" with a person who has AIDS.

With that said I heard about a story which sounds true enough, of a man who married an HIV-infected person, and who ended up getting children with her. He's had sex with her for the past 10 years without ever once contracting the HI virus. Interesting isn't it? grin
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by chyk91(m): 4:52am On Nov 06, 2010
ha never, what if the condom should bust, never
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Tunsbobo(m): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2010
Any body who intends to have sex with an Hiv infected person(even with a condom) should be prepared to DIE.
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Tunsbobo(m): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2010
Any body who intends to have sex with an Hiv infected person(even with a condom) should be prepared to DIE.
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by MaiSuya(m): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Condoms are actually 75% effective so do so at your own risk. Research has shown that the HIV virus is small enough to pass through the pores of the condoms but then the companies wouldnt tell you that would they? Just like Cigarettes and Alcohol, they will kill you but the government gets massive taxes from those so even if 100% of the population had liver disease or lung cancer, you will still see them in the shops.

The so-called mushrooms studies that have never been verified by independent unbiased ones. As much as we may want to discourage condoms use in the belief, perhaps, that it will somehow check promiscuity and by extension reduce the spread of HIV, resulting to lies only makes their behaviour, the proponents of these fallacies, as reprehensible as those ones they seek to correct.

Bobbyaf:

@ poster do you know who an AIDS patient is? Its one who is sick. One who is so sick they can die at any point in time. So why would you ask such a question in the first place? A person is cllassified as having AIDS when their CD4 cell count falls below 200/microL of blood, or if there are disease manifesting-symptoms caused by opportunistic microbes.

An AIDS patient, or more correctly a person with AIDS may or may look 'sick', and they certianly don't look--in most cases anyway--as though they're about to 'die at any point'. As you rightly pointed out, the factors to consider include CD4 cell count below 200cells/ml for Nigeria--other countries have their own criteria, and/or the presence of an AIDS defining illness.

With that said I heard about a story which sounds true enough, of a man who married an HIV-infected person, and who ended up getting children with her. He's had sex with her for the past 10 years without ever once contracting the HI virus. Interesting isn't it?  Grin

It should sound true, because it actually it is! While the reason behind this phenomenon has not been fully understood, its believed to be partly due to the inability of the person to properly express the receptor that enables the virus bind to and infect the CD4 cell. This means that even if the virus gets into the person, it cannot attach to and hence replicate within the cell, and so the person will never come down with AIDS. This has been observed in some Kenyan prostitutes, who despite their reckless lifestyle don't get infected.

Furthermore, a recent study by some Swiss experts has indeed shown that a man who, through proper the use of ARVs, achieves viral load of less than 40 cells/ml for at least six months, and does not have any STI, cannot, yes mark my words, CANNOT transmit the virus via v.aginal intercourse. (if you're going to quote me ensure you do it properly)
Re: Can You Make Love To An Aids Patient With Condom? by Ofido(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
Am really disappointed in most of you who have postered a reply here.

To the poster@i think is the most unreasonable man of the century.
The poster let ask you a question,
''why do you use Condom while making love?''
Then a second question ''the pple you have slept with on condom, do you know there status?''
even if you know, do you know the last thing there did that month, week or day before you slept with them?
Becos Hiv can not be detected on your system till atleast 4 months.

Answe this question and let me talk with you

(1) (Reply)

Whitice Out Of Her Private Part / Cure For Persistent Back Pain? / Dictamni Chinese Herbal For Treatment Hemorrhoids Cream Anus Prolapse Anal Fissu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.