Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! (3631 Views)

NSCDC Apprehends Five Girls, Brothel Owners Involved In Baby Factory Business / Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) / Nine Pregnant Girls Arrested In Enugu After Police Raided Baby Factory (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 1:46am On Mar 29, 2009
Igbos baby factory horror!
•Fresh bodies exhumed
•Suspect runs private mortuary, cemetery
By LAMBERT TYEM, Abuja
Sunday, March 29, 2009

[b]Startling revelation of how Mrs Lillian Achomba, the woman who was arrested by the police for harbouring 42 pregnant teenagers, ran the home where she trains under-aged boys and girls in sexual acts emerged at the weekend with the police fingering some highly-placed Nigerians of collusion.

The X-Squad Unit of the Nigeria Police Force last week arrested Mrs Achomba on allegations of trafficking in pregnant girls whose ages range between 13 and 18 years.
The arrest of the woman followed a tip-off from the people of Umunkpeyi Nvosi village in Isiala Ngwa South Local Government Area of Abia State where she resides.

Speaking exclusively with Sunday Sun in Abuja, the Commissioner of Police in-charge of X-Squad said that the team of detectives dispatched to the woman’s alleged training camp found out that she ran a private mortuary and cemetery where those who die during training are preserved and buried.

According to CP Okorie, when the police operatives visited the cemetery and dug up one of the graves, they discovered a fresh body of an infant lying with its mother.
“We also discovered that the woman is using one private clinic called Mercy Maternity Clinic, Umukpeyi Nvosi, Isilia Ngwa South Council. When we investigated the clinic from the state government, we discovered (it) is not registered,” he said.
The CP also said that the woman camped the girls and young men and fed them at her expense, adding, “she fed the men with Indian hemp to serve as enhancement for them to sleep with the girls in order to get them pregnant.

“When any of them delivers, the baby is sold for N150,000 and the children whose HIV status is negative are offered at prices from N200,000 and above depending on the sex of the child,” the CP explained.
Okorie said the police once raided the camp and ordered its closure but that a couple of months after, the woman reopened the camp. [/b] “This woman is so rich that she bought over all the security agencies in the state as well as having a high connection in the state,” the police chief added.
He said the woman, who hails from Isiala Ngwa South in Abia State, is now threatening the police authorities to pay her N2million compensation for interfering with what she called her business and her fundamental human right via an Abia High Court.
But he said the police would soon arraign Mrs Achomba, Ukandu Achomba and Uzoma Ohuabunwa as prime suspects in the case.

He also frowned at the way lawyers were rallying round the suspects to get them off the hook.
According to him, 30 girls were rescued last week from the illegal camp and that 28 of them are pregnant while one of them, who was delivered of a baby on Tuesday, lost the child a few hours later.
Okorie disclosed that because of the condition of the ladies, the police resolved to return the girls to the Abia State government on Thursday to allow the social welfare in the state take care of them.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/mar/29/national-29-03-2009-02.htm
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Sauron1: 1:50am On Mar 29, 2009
*comfort:

Abia baby factory horror!
•Fresh bodies exhumed
•Suspect runs private mortuary, cemetery
By LAMBERT TYEM, Abuja
Sunday, March 29, 2009

[b]Startling revelation of how Mrs Lillian Achomba, the woman who was arrested by the police for harbouring 42 pregnant teenagers, ran the home where she trains under-aged boys and girls in sexual acts emerged at the weekend with the police fingering some highly-placed Nigerians of collusion.

The X-Squad Unit of the Nigeria Police Force last week arrested Mrs Achomba on allegations of trafficking in pregnant girls whose ages range between 13 and 18 years.
The arrest of the woman followed a tip-off from the people of Umunkpeyi Nvosi village in Isiala Ngwa South Local Government Area of Abia State where she resides.

Speaking exclusively with Sunday Sun in Abuja, the Commissioner of Police in-charge of X-Squad said that the team of detectives dispatched to the woman’s alleged training camp found out that she ran a private mortuary and cemetery where those who die during training are preserved and buried.

According to CP Okorie, when the police operatives visited the cemetery and dug up one of the graves, they discovered a fresh body of an infant lying with its mother.
“We also discovered that the woman is using one private clinic called Mercy Maternity Clinic, Umukpeyi Nvosi, Isilia Ngwa South Council. When we investigated the clinic from the state government, we discovered (it) is not registered,” he said.
The CP also said that the woman camped the girls and young men and fed them at her expense, adding, “she fed the men with Indian hemp to serve as enhancement for them to sleep with the girls in order to get them pregnant.

“When any of them delivers, the baby is sold for N150,000 and the children whose HIV status is negative are offered at prices from N200,000 and above depending on the sex of the child,” the CP explained.
Okorie said the police once raided the camp and ordered its closure but that a couple of months after, the woman reopened the camp. [/b] “This woman is so rich that she bought over all the security agencies in the state as well as having a high connection in the state,” the police chief added.
He said the woman, who hails from Isiala Ngwa South in Abia State, is now threatening the police authorities to pay her N2million compensation for interfering with what she called her business and her fundamental human right via an Abia High Court.
But he said the police would soon arraign Mrs Achomba, Ukandu Achomba and Uzoma Ohuabunwa as prime suspects in the case.

He also frowned at the way lawyers were rallying round the suspects to get them off the hook.
According to him, 30 girls were rescued last week from the illegal camp and that 28 of them are pregnant while one of them, who was delivered of a baby on Tuesday, lost the child a few hours later.
Okorie disclosed that because of the condition of the ladies, the police resolved to return the girls to the Abia State government on Thursday to allow the social welfare in the state take care of them.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/mar/29/national-29-03-2009-02.htm

STUNNING!!!!
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by tope2000(f): 1:51am On Mar 29, 2009
Jesu kristi shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Sissy3(f): 2:02am On Mar 29, 2009
read this somewhere here long time ago, this is just one of those stories that sends chilies through my spine sad sad sad sad sad

couldn't believe it embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 2:08am On Mar 29, 2009
i dont see anything wrong in what the woman is doing,getting babies off teenage mothers who are neither interested nor ready to be mothers and giving them to childless ppl,but she should have legalised it and done it through the proper channels,she might not make as much as she is making but far less at least then she would have peace of mind, we nigerians are always penny wise pound foolish, lets see what the appropriate authorities guarding the rights of children will do concerning this
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Sissy3(f): 2:11am On Mar 29, 2009
this isn't the whole story, just part of it
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Sauron1: 2:15am On Mar 29, 2009
lucabrasi:

i dont see anything wrong in what the woman is doing,getting babies off teenage mothers who are neither interested nor ready to be mothers and giving them to childless ppl,but she should have legalised it and done it through the proper channels,she might not make as much as she is making but far less at least then she would have peace of mind, we nigerians are always penny wise pound foolish, lets see what the appropriate authorities guarding the rights of children will do concerning this

She trains under-aged kids to procreate. . . . . .That is Child Abuse!!!
100 years ago, she woulda been stoned to DEATH.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Treetop20(m): 2:24am On Mar 29, 2009
this is absolutely disgusting and prenominal
i wonder what is going to become of her
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Pataki: 2:34am On Mar 29, 2009
lucabrasi:

[b]i dont see anything wrong in what the woman is doing,getting babies off teenage mothers who are neither interested nor ready to be mothers and giving them to childless ppl,[/b]but she should have legalised it and done it through the proper channels,she might not make as much as she is making but far less at least then she would have peace of mind,
WoW! (at the statement in bold).
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Mar 29, 2009
disgusting!!!
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 4:46am On Mar 29, 2009
sad
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by jamace(m): 6:43am On Mar 29, 2009

Yep. I agree with you.
She could also would have liaised with a motherless babies home to send the babies to.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by oderemo(m): 8:23am On Mar 29, 2009
allow the social welfare in the state take care of them.

the question is where was the social welfare before this woman started her so called illegal activities.?
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2009
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

She trains under-aged kids to procreate. . . . . .That is Child Abuse!!!
100 years ago, she woulda been stoned to DEATH.
really?would it have been better if she allowed these girls to abandon their babies on the rubbish heap and soldier ants or wild dogs eaten them,which happens often?
like i said if she had done it through the legal channels,then i see her filling a void in the society
Pataki:

WoW! (at the statement in bold).
i dont get you?
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Treetop20(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2009
lucabrasi:

i dont get you?
what bit don't you get?
the fact that you see nothing wrong with
the article? or the fact that you are arguing it?
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2009
@lucabrasi d girls are'nt pregnant till she sets her marijuana-powered studs on them sad
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Pataki: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2009
You said this: (emphasis on the bold),
lucabrasi:

i dont see anything wrong in what the woman is doing, [/b]getting babies off teenage mothers who are neither interested nor ready to be mothers and giving them to childless ppl,

Even when the introduction into the article in the first paragraph stated that: (emphasis on the bold again),
Startling revelation of how Mrs Lillian Achomba, the woman who was arrested by the police for harbouring 42 pregnant teenagers, ran the home [b]where she trains under-aged boys and girls in sexual acts emerged at the weekend with the police fingering some highly-placed Nigerians of collusion.

And you are still telling me:
lucabrasi:

i dont get you?

Dude, something is wrong somewhere. If you believe her despicable act should have been legalized, I am more afraid of your views.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 11:08pm On Mar 29, 2009
:-x
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2009
@pataki
lucabrasi:

the bolded parts are the answer to your questions,i never said she was justified,all i said was that she is providing a service. when seen in the context of a country where only 2% of all motherless or fatherless children are adopted,i not only made these comments but clearly stated the solutions or the correct and justifiable way she could have gone about it so what seems to be the issue here, that she should have left the babies to die?
yes she is getting paid for it and also doing some other horrible stuffs which is despicable,but that doesnt change the fact that parents who need children,and are willing to pay loads for them have an avenue where they can rescue a child destined for the streets and armed robbery
Treetop20:

what bit don't you get?
the fact that you see nothing wrong with
the article? or the fact that you are arguing it?

again,the answer to what im on about is in the bolded part of my original comments,dont judge from your incorrect and abstract understanding of my comments,read it in its entirety
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 2:27am On Mar 30, 2009
;d ;d
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by kritikul(f): 6:12am On Mar 30, 2009
Please are the parents of these teenagers aware of where their whereabouts and what they do? Are they the ones that sell their children to this woman? This is really shocking shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by meexteriox(m): 8:10am On Mar 30, 2009
Stories that touch the heart.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by ekpakpo: 9:34am On Mar 30, 2009
what a country!!! God help us, no may we help ourselves
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by spikedcylinder: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2009
It appears as though this woman is trying to maximise profit by feeding marijuana and all sorts to the kids and also giving them the free will to have unending sexual intercourse. Kids will do this with or without the woman's help won't they? I mean, it hasn't been stated anywhere that the girls were kidnapped, they were there voluntarily.

Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by davedesire(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2009
This is offcourse the handiwork of a pooverty striken economy. When you can not give good and quality education to the younger generation, what do you expect?

May God see us through this awful state.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by JustGood(m): 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2009
Pathetic sad

Where are the parents to the boys and girls?
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by ud4u: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2009
Quote from: lucabrasi

You don't see anything wrong in somebody keeping boys and girls for purpose of procreation for his selfish purpose. To start with where did she got so lots of teenagers from because from the story they are not from that town, though from the story there is nothing like kidnap mentioned but my friends, these tenegers can be charmed, it may sound funny but sometimes is real.

Wonders shall never end.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2009
sad
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2009
ud4u:

Quote from: lucabrasi

You don't see anything wrong in somebody keeping boys and girls for purpose of procreation for his selfish purpose. To start with where did she got so lots of teenagers from because from the story they are not from that town, though from the story there is nothing like kidnap mentioned but my friends, these tenegers can be charmed, it may sound funny but sometimes is real.

Wonders shall never end.

how many times will i repeat myself,please read my comments in its totality and then come to your own conclusions, especially the bolded parts which is the answer to your comment
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 31, 2009
@topic

Despicable!!!
Wonder why sane a human being will mistaken such a dastardly act as a service to the community.
F.Y.I, those kids were brainwashed to have sex and then children for money.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by OgidiBoy(m): 6:17am On Mar 31, 2009
Why is everyone acting all surprised, here in America there are shelters, homes what ever you call it where pregnant teenage girls can come in and have there kid and if the decide they don't want the kid then the kid is put up for adoption or a foster home. What's the deference between that and what this woman is doing. All the other mess about her giving the males marijuana is all made up nonsense by the Police. They tried to close her down the first time but it did not work now the making up nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Lady Slapps U In Public! / Moment Endsars Protester,anthony Onome Walked On The Street After He Was Stabbed / Usifo Ataga: A New And Shocking Insight Into How He Actually Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.