Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! (3636 Views)

NSCDC Apprehends Five Girls, Brothel Owners Involved In Baby Factory Business / Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) / Nine Pregnant Girls Arrested In Enugu After Police Raided Baby Factory (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by jumobi1(m): 6:26am On Mar 31, 2009
lucabrasi is a foolish fool.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 31, 2009
What the woman is doing is illegal in the sense that there are legally accepted ways to run such an organisation amidst constant monitor by the welfare authority.
The issue of keeping girls for procreation is just another press sensation which I will need credible evidence to believe. That those girls gave birth within the doctor's premises is not enough evidence to suggest that they got pregnant at the premises.
Let us not be fast to crucify the doctor, in a country where there is no structure, individuals do sometimes in a bid to help, become entangled.
If the evidence after investigation shows that the doctor did not force or coax the girs to get pregnant but only harboured pregnant teens for the purpose of adoption then the only wrong I see in the doctor is the non registration of the center as a charity organisation that runs such activities and subjecting the premises to constant monitoring by the relevant authorities.
Another question we should ask ourselves is whether the girls were declared missing by parents or relatives? This may go a long way to show that the doctor may have harboured pregnant teens cast away by their kin and kitts.
That she charges money for adoption is not entirely evil if there are no social structures to provide food for the teens but I believe that such should have been regulated by home and women affairs if the center was registered.
As at now, the only wrong I can see is that the center was not registered and therefore not subject to scrutiny and regulation.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 31, 2009
The issue of keeping girls for procreation is just another press sensation which I will need credible evidence to believe.

If this point is not substantial, then lucabrasi may be right considering what children born out of wedluck go through in our community; nigeria.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by comfort3: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2009
:-x
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by superstan(m): 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2009
lucabrasi:

how many times will i repeat myself,please read my comments in its totality and then come to your own conclusions, especially the bolded parts which is the answer to your comment

what you fail to realise is the woman made them have sex in the first place.

he tutors children to sleep together so she can sell their babies to rich punters.

that is extremely despicable.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Kx: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2009
To think that the kids could have been sold to ritualists was stunning.
However,to read a NL member (lucabrasi) say theres nothing wrong with
what the woman did is shocking.
Would ur statement remain d same if those girls and boys were ur sis and bros?
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2009
@ogidiboy
thank you very much,people will rather have a jungle justice mentality without thinking things through objectively,they have same thing here in the uk including the catholic church who has theirs as well
jumobi1:

lucabrasi is a foolish fool.
the only reply i have you you is im really sorry for your condition
@nobillia
dude i was giving up untill i read your comments,nice one!!i think the jungle justice thing is a desease with us nigerians
Kx:

To think that the kids could have been sold to ritualists was stunning.
However,to read a NL member (lucabrasi) say theres nothing wrong with
what the woman did is shocking.
Would ur statement remain d same if those girls and boys were ur sis and bros?

true,but like i have been saying and others on here have as well,the woman clearly went about it the wrong way probably because of the money she ll make,but the idea behind it divorced from the financial aspect is not wrong considering the same thing is done all around the world albeit in a legal way and the catholic church does same as well,the press saying she was making them procreate in the same venue is really hard to believe and should be taken with scepticism untill proven,you know what the press r like in sensationalising stories
nuzo:

If this point is not substantial, then lucabrasi may be right considering what children born out of wedluck go through in our community; nigeria.
not only that,the endemic poverty will easily make the young girls sell their babies willingly apart from the stigma of being an "after one"
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2009
superstan:

[b]what you fail to realise is the woman made them have sex in the first place.[/b]he tutors children to sleep together so she can sell their babies to rich punters.

that is extremely despicable.
are we really and absolutely sure of the bolded?
what we are running on is the press release which we know can border on half truths and innuendos and sensationalism just to sell their papers,unless the compound is in a bush in the outskirts of the town and massive,i dont see how you can get young men and women to manufacture babies and sell off the production line without people knowing,the news just 2 weeks ago of the woman who took a set of twins off a mad woman was made out by the press as if she was a ritual killer,while in actual fact she was just a desperate woman who had no children of her own and was stupid enough not to go through the proper channel,the children said they were taken care of and had a nice time with her in the short time
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by mustafar1: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2009
the comments on here get as he be. Na wa o.

what is right about keeping kids, allowing them knock themselves up and giving the kids out for a fee? my ppeople argue,"the catholic church does it in the west" FA FA FA FOUL! please clarify what u claim the catholic church (or any church or religious organization for that matter) does in the west. rendering a service my toe nail.

when we get smacked with BS for too long we start to see BS as the right thing. geeezzzzzzzz
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 3:40pm On Mar 31, 2009
must_a_far:

the comments on here get as he be. Na wa o.

what is right about keeping kids, allowing them knock themselves up and giving the kids out for a fee? my ppeople argue,"the catholic church does it in the west" FA FA FA FOUL! please clarify what u claim the catholic church (or any church or religious organization for that matter) does in the west. rendering a service my toe nail.

when we get smacked with BS for too long we start to see BS as the right thing. geeezzzzzzzz
first of all,you need to chill out and stop blowing hot,second no one said anything was right about what the woman is doing,all i and some on here have said is simply that
1)how are we absolutely sure that the woman was not just taking babies off already pregnant girls and then selling them on and paying the girls off ,keeping the difference,this is totally different from having men or boys in a compund fertilising girls and then rolling babies off a production line for sale,you honestly think that sounds credible?
2)no one is saying the catholic church condones that act,all i and others are saying is that thew catholic church takes teenage mum s to be in and takes care of them untill they give birth,the girl is now asked to make a choice if she wants to keep the baby or give it up for adoption,i know what i am saying and you can simply google that online,the government in the uk has programmes of these sort as well

3)like i have severally re iterated,but i guess your pre concieved ideas abt my views will not let you see that,the woman has gone about it the wrong and illegal way and should have legalised it as she is providing a needed service,not just for couples in need of children,but helping young mums move on with their lives and babies having a better life that they would have with a teen age mum who doesnt want them

in case you didnt know,ONLY 2% OF CHILDREN IN NIGERIAN ORPHANAGES ARE ADOPTED OR EVEN FOSTERED FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME AND THAT IS A FACT
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
Gawd! shocked
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
Pathetic sad
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by mustafar1: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2009
lucabrasi:

first of all,you need to chill out and stop blowing hot,second no one said anything was right about what the woman is doing,all i and some on here have said is simply that
1)how are we absolutely sure that the woman was not just taking babies off already pregnant girls and then selling them on and paying the girls off ,keeping the difference,this is totally different from having men or boys in a compund fertilising girls and then rolling babies off a production line for sale,you honestly think that sounds credible?
2)no one is saying the catholic church condones that act,all i and others are saying is that thew catholic church takes teenage mum s to be in and takes care of them untill they give birth,the girl is now asked to make a choice if she wants to keep the baby or give it up for adoption,i know what i am saying and you can simply google that online,the government in the uk has programmes of these sort as well

3)like i have severally re iterated,but i guess your pre concieved ideas abt my views will not let you see that,the woman has gone about it the wrong and illegal way and should have legalised it as she is providing a needed service,not just for couples in need of children,but helping young mums move on with their lives and babies having a better life that they would have with a teen age mum who doesnt want them

in case you didnt know,ONLY 2% OF CHILDREN IN NIGERIAN ORPHANAGES ARE ADOPTED OR EVEN FOSTERED FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME AND THAT IS A FACT

i guess its convenient to factor in as many IF's as we wish to make things seem more reasonable. until additional information is presented to counter what is presented by the report. all the IF's are just that IF's. we are simply mixing numerous things and joining those that wont mix with if's and but's.

as per ur postulation about me being biased towards u/ur comments on here. if thats what u think, then sure fire on all cylinders.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Pataki: 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2009
@ lucabrasi,

Since reading your rejoinder to me yesterday, I have kept away from this thread. Not because you made any form of credible response deserving my silence, but your penchant to justify your point reeks of deep seated ignorance, which I truly find nauseating and annoying.

If I were to respond to your hogwash, it would be with 100% anger, and in my perspective, that carries no weight to actually convincing you that you are very much still in the WRONG. If you think legalizing what that woman does makes it totally right in your view, I can say: I am utterly disgusted to know that you are educated in a developed world.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 31, 2009
Pataki:

@ lucabrasi,

Since reading your rejoinder to me yesterday, I have kept away from this thread. Not because you made any form of credible response deserving my silence, but your penchant to justify your point reeks of deep seated ignorance, which I truly find nauseating and annoying.

If I were to respond to your hogwash, it would be with 100% anger, and in my perspective, that carries no weight to actually convincing you that you are very much still in the WRONG. If you think legalizing what that woman does makes it totally right in your view, I can say: I am utterly disgusted to know that you are educated in a developed world.
and if you have cared to follow my many comments on here,i neither care one way or another what you do, or how you feel as im not on here to make friends and dont care if you go red in the face,green or whatever,all i have done is to make an objective and non biased comments based on the issues on both sides of the divide as i have seen it

1.if you think 98% of nigerian children not getting fostered or adopted gives you some perverse joy then go for it.
2.if you think faced with a choice of either leaving a new born baby on refuse heaps like these girls will most probably have done,and the baby getting killed as a result of exposure to cold,dirt or worse soldier ants crawling through their noses,mouths and killing them is better then go for it.
3.or if you think,its better for the children to grow up on the streets joining the millions of area boys,training to become potential criminals,armed robbers and hired killers is a better alternative,then i guess you are the wise one after all and im completely and utterly ignorant for suggesting that people who need babaies and willing to take care of them in a country with zero welfare is a better alternative

its obvious you neither know the situation teenage mothers face in nigeria,neither do you know what new born babies in this situation are going through,while i wont go down the insults road with you,ill suggest you do an indepht research like i have done in the past,then yu will realise that the woman is providing a service,albeit going about it the wrong and an illegal way.

i have resolved to restrain myself from exchange of insults as to me that is totally infantille and throwing a fit of childish tantrums when things arent going your way,if you think im ignorant,show me the ignorant comment and ill defend it,if i cant then i ll agree. not throwing words and insults in the air because i dont happen to agree with you,what then is the purpose of discourse?
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2009
@must_a_afar, I am glad to know that I ain't the only one observing the tremendous amount of IFs thrown in to sort of rationalize the action of the lady in the article above. I just have one word for all this, DISGUSTING!!!
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2009
@must a par
the simple facts of the matter are ,

1.how many children are in the orphanages who have nobody to adopt or even buy or foster them?
answer-98% in nigeria
reason?because of the stigma attached to adoption in nigeria,including the cultural and sociological pressure.

2.how is the woman providing a service?
answer-due to the fact that childless couples in nigeria will rather get a baby in secret,and then tell people their wife has given birth due to number 1 above, they go to this woman or people like her,buys a baby hence all controll and no trace of adoption due to number 1 above again.

3.young girls who have gotten themselves in that situation have a couple of choices

a.keep the baby and contend with societal ridicule from their peers,dropping out of schools,parents driving hem out of the house e.t.c
b.dump the baby in a public toilet somewhere or a refuse dump as so often happens and get eaten by dogs,killed by exposure to cold,soldier ants or become a vagabond and street boy to potentil armed robber or street girl to potential prostitute.
c.sell it to the lady who pays them and sells the baby on to parents in the category of number 2, note for a couple to pay at least 150,000 for a baby means they are prepared to give the baby a better life than he/she will rather have.

what choice will you have a confused girl, pregnant take in that situation, bearing in mind that orphanages are not everywhere
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by DeReloaded: 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2009
Why is everyone acting all surprised, here in America there are shelters, homes what ever you call it where pregnant teenage girls can come in and have there kid and if the decide they don't want the kid then the kid is put up for adoption or a foster home. What's the deference between that and what this woman is doing. All the other mess about her giving the males marijuana is all made up nonsense by the Police. They tried to close her down the first time but it did not work now the making up nonsense.

Dude. Reading comprehension is your friend, not your enemy. Embrace it

What part of these kids KEPT TOGETHER AND TRAINED TO HAVE SEX at young ages for the purpose of selling kids dont you and lucabrasi understand?

All this gibberish of "well at least they dont abandon the kids blah bloody blah has nothing to do with the fact that she's the one pushing these kids into providing black market babies for her benefit
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by mustafar1: 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2009
lucabrasi:

@must a par
the simple facts of the matter are ,

1.how many children are in the orphanages who have nobody to adopt or even buy or foster them?
answer-98% in Nigeria
reason?because of the stigma attached to adoption in Nigeria,including the cultural and sociological pressure.

2.how is the woman providing a service?
answer-due to the fact that childless couples in Nigeria will rather get a baby in secret,and then tell people their wife has given birth due to number 1 above, they go to this woman or people like her,buys a baby hence all controll and no trace of adoption due to number 1 above again.

3.young girls who have gotten themselves in that situation have a couple of choices

a.keep the baby and contend with societal ridicule from their peers,dropping out of schools,parents driving hem out of the house e.t.c
b.dump the baby in a public toilet somewhere or a refuse dump as so often happens and get eaten by dogs,killed by exposure to cold,soldier ants or become a vagabond and street boy to potentil armed robber or street girl to potential prostitute.
c.sell it to the lady who pays them and sells the baby on to parents in the category of number 2, note for a couple to pay at least 150,000 for a baby means they are prepared to give the baby a better life than he/she will rather have.

what choice will you have a confused girl, pregnant take in that situation, bearing in mind that orphanages are not everywhere

and where in the article did you read,
1. anything about her running an orphanage?
2. that they girls got pregnant and she is doing them a favor by caring for them and then helping them get foster parents for their children?
3. that if she didn't give the babies out for a fee, they get dumped in the refuse pit?
4. that the girls got pregnant out of their own freelancing.
5. that the girls we confused and approached her for help on how to care for or take care of the pregnancy/baby when it get delivered?

are these so called 'facts' you so beat your chest over present in this article(this particular case) or are they the extra you employed to make this movie. "two thumbs up"

if you can respond to these questions with reference to the article. i promise i would prostrate for u on the internet as my way of apologising to u for asking u all these 21 questions.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by DeReloaded: 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2009
must_a_far:

2. that they girls got pregnant and she is doing them a favor by caring for them and then helping them get foster parents for their children?
3. that if she didn't give the babies out for a fee, they get dumped in the refuse pit?
5. that the girls we confused and approached her for help on how to care for or take care of the pregnancy/baby when it get delivered?

are these so called 'facts' you so beat your chest over present in this article(this particular case) or are they the extra you employed to make this movie. "two thumbs up"

I wonder

They call something a BABY FACTORY ie MADE to SELL, he's going on about adoption and whatnot
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2009
must_a_far:

if you can respond to these questions with reference to the article. i promise i would prostrate for u on the internet as my way of apologising to u for asking u all these 21 questions.

I see you don drink your coffee today!! cool
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by Pataki: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2009
lucabrasi:

and if you have cared to follow my many comments on here,i neither care one way or another what you do, or how you feel as im not on here to make friends and dont care if you go red in the face,green or whatever,all i have done is to make an objective and non biased comments based on the issues on both sides of the divide as i have seen it
Very hilarious. It is for the sake of sanity and high respect to your posting in times pasts, that now makes me question, whether you are truly rational and objective on this topic. I am still at loss whether, you just choose to sit at the other side of the divide and postulate assumptions and theories, which do not in anyway, embrace the foundation of this article/report. By the way, I am not in any way importuning for your friendship. So please do not get it twisted.

lucabrasi:
1.if you think 98% of nigerian children not getting fostered or adopted gives you some perverse joy then go for it.
Where in my postings have you deduced this and you can conclusively write such a comment to be directed at me? If your sympathy for adopted kids is blocking your rationale to articulately and objectively weigh this matter, please note, you are not fit for this subject of discourse.

Did you in all sincerity read the article before coming up to make a comment at all? Myself, for the purpose of emphasis and clarity showed you where, the woman was keeping teenage boy and girls from the article and using them to rear up babies, which she thereafter sells to potential clients, you in your haste to post your verbiage skipped that, and you come to state that the only missing thing was her not legalizing her organization.

Does that make any sense to you?

lucabrasi:
2.if you think faced with a choice of either leaving a new born baby on refuse heaps like these girls will most probably have done,and the baby getting killed as a result of exposure to cold,dirt or worse soldier ants crawling through their noses,mouths and killing them is better then go for it.
Please there are orphanages all across the length and breadth of Nigeria. What this woman was doing is no where near an orphanage, rather making teenagers to procreate and she goes off to sell them to her clients. Spare yourself this infantile glory of posting verbiages without having recourse to read articles properly, digest it and analyze before hitting the reply button.

lucabrasi:
3.or if you think,its better for the children to grow up on the streets joining the millions of area boys,training to become potential criminals,armed robbers and hired killers is a better alternative,then i guess you are the wise one after all and im completely and utterly ignorant for suggesting that people who need babaies and willing to take care of them in a country with zero welfare is a better alternative
Rubbish! There are people born with silver spoons in Nigeria who are street criminals, hired killers and armed robbers. Most times as one is made to perceive, it is not only about living on the street. Children have been on the street, who made a total success of themselves. So please spare me this emotional and over-used sentiments that she was taking off potential and future area boys by the despicable act she was rendering.

lucabrasi:
its obvious you neither know the situation teenage mothers face in nigeria,neither do you know what new born babies in this situation are going through,while i wont go down the insults road with you,ill suggest you do an indepht research like i have done in the past,then yu will realise that the woman is providing a service,albeit going about it the wrong and an illegal way.
Well, on the contrary, you know ZILCH of teenage mothers. I have worked with teenagers while in Nigeria. I have experience of volunteering my time and service to orphanages. And in no way, was what that woman doing anything good! What is bad is bad! Stop adding water into your air-basket of argument. It does not make any iota of sense.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 10:14pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

What part of these kids KEPT TOGETHER AND TRAINED TO HAVE SEX at young ages for the purpose of selling kids dont you and lucabrasi understand?

All this gibberish of "well at least they dont abandon the kids blah bloody blah has nothing to do with the fact that she's the one pushing these kids into providing black market babies for her benefit

you have started with your infantille outburst this year again,if you dont have anything sensible to say,i suggest you please step aside and either refrain from replying my comments or ignore me totally,on a public discourse learn to accept that people are bound to have different opinions,unless you want everyone in the whole world to think like robots or for everyone to agree on the very same thing on all issues,ill appeal to you to ponder on this before spitting out your bib next time when people disagree with you,if you direct insultive comments at me again,ill simply ignore you and move on.

to address your comments this time,i said that i believed this fact was just sensational reporting,how can a group of men and women be in a compound being forced to have sex and manufacture babies as if it was a production line and they wouldnt be found out?even the celebrated case a couple of months ago was of teenage mothers who were already preggies who came to the clinic to have the babies and sell em for an agreed fee.
if you cared to read my comments earlier,actually my first comment,i said what she did wasnt right,but she is providing a service and would have been better if it was legalised and done properly to find out the reasons informing my stance,read the comments i posted in reply to must a par
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2009
must_a_far:

i dont need to answer either your 5 or 21 questions simply because

like i asserted in my earlier reply to you,this is an issue i probably know about than even the reporter, as it is a topic of intellectual interest to me and i have read extensively and researched extensively on this. i dont need an article of 600 words to form my opinions and ill advice you to do the same and not base your opinions on an abstract, go and ask people who are involved in charities for young mothers and children in nigeria what the sociological effects are for "an after one girl"ask the reasons why couples prefer outfits such as that woman's and are ready to part with large amounts of money,rather than a registered or known orphanage to adopt, or simply show anyone the five pointers in my comments then you will start to understand
a.why the girls go to the woman willingly to sell their babies
b.why couples will rather go and purchase a baby from her and others
numbers 3 to 5 of your questions can be verified like i said earlier by doing some researches yourself,dont use a reporter who is neither on ground to know what is happening,i hope you realise that he is simply writing to sell his paper and this can not and never be classified as a proper intellectual or academic piece of article.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by OgidiBoy(m): 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

Yes madam what ever you say my queen, I don't see the point for the childish insults though. What's wrong with me or anyone in this forum airing out what the think. If you disagree with what I posted fine post your own point of view , I really don't see the need for the childish insults. The last time I checked NL was still a public forum.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by DeReloaded: 10:58pm On Mar 31, 2009
Why bother replying to "childish insults"

Be glad I didnt respond the way I usually would esp since you two are trivializing such a disgusting/serious issue and turning it into something completely different.

Adoption ko. Abduction ni.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 11:33pm On Mar 31, 2009
Pataki:

Very hilarious. It is for the sake of sanity and high respect to your posting in times pasts, that now makes me question, whether you are truly rational and objective on this topic. I am still at loss whether, you just choose to sit at the other side of the divide and postulate assumptions and theories, which do not in anyway, embrace the foundation of this article/report. By the way, I am not in any way importuning for your friendship. So please do not get it twisted.
in answer to your question,yes i am rational and objective, how?
by not blindly subscribing to an abstract written by a reporter,not a political scientist or sociologist,by thinking outside the box and looking at issues both from the government point of view,from the demographics represented by the childless couples and asking myself why they will rather prefer to buy a child in the black market as opposed to a registered orphanage,and lastly by giving the woman the benefit of doubt as the article neither explained her life and if she knew about a legal way of going about it or not e.t.c
every single assertion i have made on here can be verified by you if, you care to do an independent research on your own like i have done in the past on these issues,do not base your assumptions and facts on a 600 words article which has absolutely no scientific backing at all, this is what i was taught in university, thank GOD the feeling s are mutual on the friendship side smiley

Pataki:

Did you in all sincerity read the article before coming up to make a comment at all? Myself, for the purpose of emphasis and clarity showed you where, the woman was keeping teenage boy and girls from the article and using them to rear up babies, which she thereafter sells to potential clients, you in your haste to post your verbiage skipped that, and you come to state that the only missing thing was her not legalizing her organization.

Does that make any sense to you?

rather,i should be asking you if you read my comments and perfectly understood them before your retort?there was no time that i didnt acknowledge what the article said about that,maybe the difference between us is that while you chose in your own wisdom to believe it hook,line and sinker,i chose to think outside the article and seperate facts from sensational journalism which you will agree with me abounds in our country simpy because no one sues for libel and they have to sell their papers.
in case you didnt read my first comments,i said that while i dont condone(not in these exact words)what the lady did,she was providing a needed service namely a private and anonymous avenue for couples who cannot have children and due to societal stigma do not want anyone to know they are adopting to get babies.on the other hand she is providing a service for young mums to be who are mostly from deprived backgrounds and have no wherewithal to take care of a baby, and i added that catholic churches do this by taking teenage mums in and taking care of them till they give birth and allow them to make a choice as to keeping the baby or not.again i said it clearly that she could have done it legally and through the proper channels as is done in the western world,in case you dont believe that as well,i can avail you oif a couple of websites in the uk where they cater for young,unmarried teenage/young mothers to be

hope that makes more sense to you?lol cause i certsinly am not the ones writing without"sense"
Pataki:

Please there are orphanages all across the length and breadth of Nigeria. What this woman was doing is no where near an orphanage, rather making teenagers to procreate and she goes off to sell them to her clients. Spare yourself this infantile glory of posting verbiages without having recourse to read articles properly, digest it and analyze before hitting the reply button.

of course there are,but ask yourself this question,how come many couples prefer to go the black market route than the registered orphanages?
how come only 2% of children in orphanages are adopted leaving 98% neither fostered nor adopted?
please check out these facts on adoption in nigeria presently to show im not picking figures off the air,
ill reiterate for the umpteenth time,NOWHERE HAVE I SAID SHE DID THE RIGHT THING,all i said right from the get go up untill now is that while she wasnt going about it the right way,she could have  legalised it and done it through the proper channels and i still repeat that she was providing a service
Pataki:

Rubbish! There are people born with silver spoons in Nigeria who are street criminals, hired killers and armed robbers. Most times as one is made to perceive, it is not only about living on the street. Children have been on the street, who made a total success of themselves. So please spare me this emotional and over-used sentiments that she was taking off potential and future area boys by the despicable act she was rendering.
Well, on the contrary, you know ZILCH of teenage mothers. I have worked with teenagers while in Nigeria. I have experience of volunteering my time and service to orphanages. And in no way, was what that woman doing anything good! What is bad is bad! Stop adding water into your air-basket of argument. It does not make any iota of sense.
oookie,are you now justifying the dumping of babies on the streets??yu see i have given you the benefit of doubt to clarify yourself before making my comments on this,does the fact that there have been sucessful people from the streets enough justification?
again ,ill rephrase my question,
would it have been better to drive these pregnant teenage girls out to fend for themselves and the risks associated with that which i have severally highlighted or for her to connect these girls LEGALLY,GOING THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS with couples who do not want society to know they have adopted?
i really doubt that you have in nigeria,because there is no indication that you know the situations there,it is a fact that babies are abandoned on refuse heaps and soldier ants crawl up their nosese and mouths e.t.c and kills them,exposure to cold e.t.c this is a fact!

it is a fact that adopted children will suffer the stigma all through their lives if people know in a typical nigerian society,if the child does anything wrong people will ascribe that to his/her being adopted also the parents will bsuffer the stigma associated with this as well, this is a fact!

it is also a fact that couples go to the black market to buy babies because they do not want to be associated with the stigma of adoption,neither do they want the mother or anyone connected with her to trace them back to claim the baby when he/she is grown up

an example is christopher kolade,have you ever heard of his children ever like you hear about other children of his peers?no,they are adopted and the stigma is there,i know this for a fact,not speculations
i could mention at least two prominent people who have adopted but kept it silent even as the children are gron up and accomplished now
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 11:38pm On Mar 31, 2009
DeReloaded:

Why bother replying to "childish insults"

Be glad I didnt respond the way I usually would esp since you two are trivializing such a disgusting/serious issue and turning it into something completely different.

Adoption ko. Abduction ni.
and im supposed to be scared of the bolded??lol you honestly have no idea,i had to reply this cause it was so hillarious, the way you usually would lol lol lol
OgidiBoy:

I don't see the point for the childish insults though. What's wrong with me or anyone in this forum airing out what the think. If you disagree with what I posted fine post your own point of view , I really don't see the need for the childish insults. The last time I checked NL was still a public forum.
exactly!!once you disagree with "them"ou are automatically seen as a gargoyle mouthing off,maybe we should all type yes or i agree soon as anyone posts a thread so it ll all be uniform and in agreement, honestly most of us are abroad but we really need to learn a whole lot more from westerners and the way they do things
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by DeReloaded: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
lucabrasi:

and im supposed to be scared of the bolded??lol you honestly have no idea,i had to reply this cause it was so hillarious, the way you usually would lol lol lolexactly!

Are you OgidiBoy? Switching between screen-names? If not why are you replying to what I posted to him?

Answer man a far's question and stop babbling. Who's asking you to be in agreement. You are DEVIATING FROM THE TOPIC. The topic is about a woman who is making underaged kids make babies for business, you are giving us epistle about adoption and motherless babies. Nonsense.
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by OgidiBoy(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2009
DeReloaded:

Are you OgidiBoy? Switching between screen-names? If not why are you replying to what I posted to him?

Answer man a far's question and stop babbling. Who's asking you to be in agreement. You are DEVIATING FROM THE TOPIC. The topic is about a woman who is making underaged kids make babies for business, you are giving us epistle about adoption and motherless babies. Nonsense.

hmmm! is someone scared of lucabrasi? the last time I checked, a statement was directed to Ogidiboy and lucabrasi and not just Ogidiboy grin grin

DeReloaded:

Anyways I don't get into little online fights around here with anyone on here it's not my style call me whatever it don't face me. I'm more of the come say shity to my face guy grin grin
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by DeReloaded: 1:22am On Apr 01, 2009
*rolls eyes* Try that again in English
Re: Abia igbos Baby Factory Horror! by lucabrasi(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2009
DeReloaded:

lol lol see me ,see something, lol just because the man and i agree on an issue,then i must be the one switching user names lol
you think my life is that sad to sit down behind a computer switching ids?
deviating from what topic?in case you didnt realise,articles of this sort is meant to serve not only as highlighting pertinent issues but as a catalyst for change and provoking discussions e.t.c
why didnt everyone concentrate on only the child witches in akwa ibom after the story came out,but instead the story brought a focus on disadvantaged children in nigeria,you see how this works?
so it might seem like an epistle to you because you are clueless on what is going on there,but adoption,motherless babies e.t.c are all inter connected with what the article reports
OgidiBoy:

hmmm! is someone scared of lucabrasi? the last time I checked, a statement was directed to Ogidiboy and lucabrasi and not just Ogidiboy grin grin
exactly what i thought as well,untill she brought out her own sherlock holmes anti thesis that i was switching usernames lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gist Lover, Awkuzu SARS And SP Princess Nwode: The True Story. / A Lady Slapps U In Public! / A Bike Man's Head Crushed By A Julius Berger Truck In Ajegunle(graphic Img)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.