Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4502080 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (3694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2019
This what we do and very affordable..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
Adaowerri111:
Good day builders in the house, Can casement windows be stolen after being installed?

Before you install wiring, windows and doors, make sure the house is secure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

Thank you for the compliments.

It is absolutely correct that some dealers would intentionally supply you a variant of the same thing for reasons best known to them.

In this case, for supplying a right swing stainless steel door instead of a left swing even when the supplier had the building plan, i agree the seller made an error. Am unforgivable one at that. That the error is intentional or not is what i cannot prove and i would not assume that he supplied that door intentionally. It is wrong to assume that the seller did intentionally without knowing if he had in stock the left swing door or not. A case of fraud would have assumed the seller did intentionally.

For supplying dented doors, we still cannot assume it was intentional because the doors traveled from Lagos to Edo, they could have been damaged on transit. It is wrong to assume that the seller supplied damaged doors intentionally.

For supplying a wrong pattern or colour of doors, i also think it could be a misconception or miscommunication since it wasn't written on the invoice. When you show me a door sample and i said, yes i love this one, the problem is that i didnt see all the colours and all the patterns. The seller may have not paid attention to the particular colour or the particular pattern but has focused on the particular quality and spec since they all cost the same in that range. I have seen the seller mention Oak, it does happen that due to manufacturing, the shade of oak can be different to the sample or due to a picture the hue will be different to the eyes. There are several possibilities that we cannot also say 100% that the seller supplied the wrong pattern or colour intentionally.

Let me tell you my experiences, I wore a wrong colour of suit on my wedding day. I saw a black one in the boutique and asked him to bring grey for me, he delivered a brown suit 1 week to my wedding and it will take more than a week to get the right one. I have bought the same doors as op before but in my case, i was at the showroom physically. I requested for a right swing turkey door which i confirmed before loading on the vehicle. I bought also 8 panel doors with frames. When they were about to load, i proceeded to check. The 8 doors were the same product but they were 5 different patterns of which 2 were different colours which i rejected. They had to match my demands. The frames also had 3 wrong colours and they were all left swing. I corrected all that too. I bought a lot of tiles by viewing samples at the showroom and where loaded on to the truck from their ware house using the carton colour codes. When i got home, i discovered that my particular choice of kitchen tiles was exactly what i chose but it had 2 vertical lines that didn't exist on the sample. I had 1 whole carton of 6x6 tiles broken diagonally apart from the ones chipped at edges. Every other tile had several complete cartons broken due to the careless driver. On the bathroom floor tiles, i found 1 cartoon that was the same colour but had a no pattern. I found about 2 cartons with different colours. The 5 complete set WC I bought, 1 had a broken flushing mechanism.

The point is, even when i was physically there and made my choice, even double checked before it was loaded, i still had a few things wrong. I rejected some, I accepted some and replaced some (flush mechanism) besides having a lot of cartons of tiles broken on transit without calling the supplier a criminal or fraudstar.

I am not defending the seller nor castigating the buyer or either way, i am saying the transaction cannot be proven as fraud or criminal breach of trust. I am saying its a common error which happens intentionally and non intentionally. The best approach is to reject the wrong supply and manage the ones he can and then encourage the seller by means of subsidy if affordable without insisting on fraud and criminal breach of trust.

You have used the seller, by your experience, is he a criminal or a fraudstar? If you were defrauded by the seller then its even better, we can generally assume he is used to fraud.
It is difficult ignoring you.
Stop making unfounded statements.
There are sufficient evidence to prove the deed was intentional.
I repeat you dont have the facts of the case.
Just let sleeping dog lie.
Attitude like yours could force ones hand to test the law on this case.
Comment by others has shown Nigeria has hope.
@chizagi has expressed regret that counts for something.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
Adaowerri111:

Thanks a lot, but can it be done on a fenced compound
how isolated is this location? sometime is better u do the whole at once.. window electrical piping /plumbing.. wiring fittings and move in.. we did a job around okpanam in asaba within the space of one month the whole wired was stolen.. despite the fact that the place is locked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
3him3n:

It is difficult ignoring you.
Stop making unfounded statements.
There are sufficient evidence to prove the deed was intentional.
I repeat you dont have the facts of the case.
Just let sleeping dog lie.
Attitude like yours could force ones hand to test the law on this case.
Comment by others has shown Nigeria has hope.
@chizagi has expressed regret that counts for something.

Convince me. Why have you been economical with the facts?

The guy messed up, what has happened between you two that you are not saying? From your first post, like we've been begging you for details. Spill it lets be in the same page with you.

I have refused to assume or take sides cos i have noticed grey areas in your account and he is not engaging you. Why cant you embrace peace?

By the way, has he installed the doors or not?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

The guy messed up, what has happened between you two that you are not saying? From your first post, like we've been begging you for details. Spill it lets be in the same page with you.

I have refused to assume ir take sides cos i have noticed grey areas in you account and he is not engaging you. Why cant you embrace peace.
You have assumed the position of the seller defence lawyer.
I dont need to convince you.
You lost my trust the moment you expressed bias and displayed poor emotional intelligence as a mediator.
Go master the rule of thumb of mediation.
It is interesting to see you jump to conclusion with limited information.
I have worked with better lawyers.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
3him3n:

You have assumed the position of the seller defence lawyer.
I dont need to convince you.
Your lost my trust the moment you expressed bias and display poor emotional intelligence as a mediator.
Go master the rule of thumb of mediation.
It is interesting to see you jump to conclusion with limited information.
I have worked with better lawyers.

Bros, from your 1st post on the matter, the was very few details, i aked for details. Your reply wasn't detailed and i asked again, but even yet, your details were still economical.

In court, if you dont give details of your case, you will lose not because you are not right but because you are not for coming with details.

When a girl is raped, if she decides not to tell anyone, how will she get justice?

When I see jungle justice, do you expect me to pour petrol and light fire without being sure of what he is accused of. You accuse me of bias because what exactly you expect me to be is to be bias on your own side which i wont. You either state the facts or stop calling someone a fraud or criminal.

The goods he supplied you is worth the amount on your invoice until you reject them. Did you reject? If not, why call him a fraud? If yes, then the ball is in his court and i would not.face you, would then face him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

I have refused to assume or take sides cos i have noticed grey areas in your account and he is not engaging you. Why cant you embrace peace?

By the way, has he installed the doors or not?
Oga you self pipe down na.
You defence and stance is annoying.
Allow the issue die as the buyer as suggested.
No be you buy market, no be you supply market, yet you still dey add salt on injury.
Haba!!!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

Bros, from your 1st post on the matter, the was very few details, i aked for details. Your reply wasn't detailed and i asked again, but even yet, your details were still economical.

In court, if you dont give details of your case, you will lose not because you are not right but because you are not for coming with details.

When a girl is raped, if she decides not to tell anyone, how will she get justice?

When I see jungle justice, do you expect me to pour petrol and light fire without being sure of what he is accused of. You accuse me of bias because what exactly you expect me to be is to be bias on your own side which i wont. You either state the facts or stop calling someone a fraud or criminal.

The goods he supplied you is worth the amount on your invoice until you reject them. Did you reject? If not, why call him a fraud? If yes, then the ball is in his court and i would not.face you, would then face him.
I have no problem with you.
You are not the only one in this forum who have commented for or against. How you approach issues matter so you dont end up complicating the issues.
I dont need you to support me, i go to court i can assure you i have very competent lawyers.
I found it distasteful, insensitive and arrogant telling me i am over reacting. I can react however i chose and you have no right to tell me that.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
this matter should rest abeg.. i hope the supplier is on it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2019
twinskenny:
this matter should rest abeg.. i hope the supplier is on it
Adanny01 just wan add salt on top wound wey dey heal.
Honestly the mans response is so biased and it's beginning to piss me.
I wonder why he has chosen to drink Panadol for another man's headache.
Tueh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2019
jceesquare:

Oga you self pipe down na.
You defence and stance is annoying.
Allow the issue die as the buyer as suggested.
No be you buy market, no be you supply market, yet you still dey add salt on injury.
Haba!!!

I am sure if my stance was biased for the buyer, this comment of yours wont suffice. If no be me buy or sell market, which be your own? Abi you own the market? Is the market on Nairaland, why is the matter here?

Remove the name calling until he cant prove it but no, he wants the name calling to stick without fully exploring conflict resolution. Its wrong and i strongly stand against wrong doings.

jceesquare:

Tueh.

The seller is not happy with my comments, the buyer is not happy with my comments too, whose side do you think i am?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
jceesquare:

Tueh.

Come oh, my point in summary is; stop the name calling and go settle amicably.

Is the op against resolving the issue and just wants a pound of flesh?

I had to ask, what exactly does he want? Pound of flesh? Correct doors? Has he asked the seller to right the wrong? Are the doors installed already? What exactly is going on here?

Who has more questions to answer?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

I am sure if my stance was biased for the buyer, this comment of yours wont suffice. If no be me buy or sell market, which be your own? Abi you own the market? Is the market on Nairaland, why is the matter here?

Remove the name calling until he cant prove it but no, he wants the name calling to stick without fully exploring conflict resolution. Its wrong and i strongly stand against wrong doings.

The seller is not happy with my comments, the buyer is not happy with my comments too, whose side do you think i am?
I laugh at your conflict resolution.
You are creating more conflict here.
@jceesquare approach was masterclass.
He proposed 2 options to resolve my grievances and subtly added later it maybe helpful if i can contribute...of course i dont agree to contribute cos that will be reinforcing the bad behaviour.
@chizagi approach was non-confrontational, mature and humble. He cant go wrong with those combo.
However, your body language seems to support the deed while at the same time unwittingly indicting the seller...in your so many contradictions have established intent to defraud.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
3him3n:

I laugh at your conflict resolution.
You are creating more conflict here.
@jceequare approach was masterclass.
He proposed 2 options to resolve my grievances and subtly added later it maybe helpful if i can contribute...of course i dont agree to contribute cos that will be reinforcing the bad behaviour.
@chizagi approach was non-confrontational, mature and humble. He cant go wrong with those combo.
However, your body language seems to support the deed while at the same time unwittingly indicting the seller...in your so many contradictions have established intent to defraud.

grin

See what you are doing to yourself with the bolded.

See how you described someone you called a fraud and criminal. The same person who defrauded and you branded a criminal is non confrontational, mature and and humble.

Why the hell did you come here to call him all the names? Who is confrontational, immature and proud? It is definitely not him!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2019
Adaowerri111:
Good day builders in the house, Can casement windows be stolen after being installed?

Yes,That is why it is advisable to plaster it at the same time it is being installed..That is the only way it can be safe and not stolen

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 10:52pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

grin

See what you are doing to yourself.

See how you described someone you called a fraud and criminal with the bolded. The same person who defrauded and you branded a criminal is non confrontational, mature and and humble.

Why the hell did you come here to call him all the names? Who is confrontational, immature and proud? It is definitely not him!
You see when majority say make peace.
You give peace a chance.
You missing the point again.
One needs wisdom to direct.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
happney65:

Yes,That is why it is advisable to plaster it at the same time it is being installed..That is the only way it can be safe and not stolen

A good opportunity to be back on thread.

True, it is less likely to remove the entire window but dont forget the window panel hangs on screws. The panels will still be stolen if not secured by locking the entire house from access and then locking the windows.

Dont forget, sliding window panels get stolen as long as the window isnt locked from inside. Tbe difference with casement windows is just the screws.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
3him3n:

You see when majority say make peace.
You give peace a chance.
You missing the point again.
One needs wisdom to direct.

Majority Peace

Am I @ war with anyone?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
you are still here making issues difficult...did you speak with the supplier ?how do you know or judge his intentions ?the buyer made it clear of deviations from agreed entities..buyer did not get what he paid for ;
1. were they erroneously sent ??
2.how did supplier find out this error ?
3.suppliers initial statements tends to show he knew what did by insinuating 2 doors while buyer said it was 14.
4.were there concrete effort to fix this before buyer decided to come here

5 .it is above us now...

how about take a break let it play out..you are trying to mediate but you are not actually doing that....

adanny01:

Thank you for the compliments.

It is absolutely correct that some dealers would intentionally supply you a variant of the same thing for reasons best known to them.

In this case, for supplying a right swing stainless steel door instead of a left swing even when the supplier had the building plan, i agree the seller made an error. Am unforgivable one at that. That the error is intentional or not is what i cannot prove and i would not assume that he supplied that door intentionally. It is wrong to assume that the seller did intentionally without knowing if he had in stock the left swing door or not. A case of fraud would have assumed the seller did intentionally.

For supplying dented doors, we still cannot assume it was intentional because the doors traveled from Lagos to Edo, they could have been damaged on transit. It is wrong to assume that the seller supplied damaged doors intentionally.

For supplying a wrong pattern or colour of doors, i also think it could be a misconception or miscommunication since it wasn't written on the invoice. When you show me a door sample and i said, yes i love this one, the problem is that i didnt see all the colours and all the patterns. The seller may have not paid attention to the particular colour or the particular pattern but has focused on the particular quality and spec since they all cost the same in that range. I have seen the seller mention Oak, it does happen that due to manufacturing, the shade of oak can be different to the sample or due to a picture the hue will be different to the eyes. There are several possibilities that we cannot also say 100% that the seller supplied the wrong pattern or colour intentionally.

Let me tell you my experiences, I wore a wrong colour of suit on my wedding day. I saw a black one in the boutique and asked him to bring grey for me, he delivered a brown suit 1 week to my wedding and it will take more than a week to get the right one. I have bought the same doors as op before but in my case, i was at the showroom physically. I requested for a right swing turkey door which i confirmed before loading on the vehicle. I bought also 8 panel doors with frames. When they were about to load, i proceeded to check. The 8 doors were the same product but they were 5 different patterns of which 2 were different colours which i rejected. They had to match my demands. The frames also had 3 wrong colours and they were all left swing. I corrected all that too. I bought a lot of tiles by viewing samples at the showroom and where loaded on to the truck from their ware house using the carton colour codes. When i got home, i discovered that my particular choice of kitchen tiles was exactly what i chose but it had 2 vertical lines that didn't exist on the sample. I had 1 whole carton of 6x6 tiles broken diagonally apart from the ones chipped at edges. Every other tile had several complete cartons broken due to the careless driver. On the bathroom floor tiles, i found 1 cartoon that was the same colour but had a no pattern. I found about 2 cartons with different colours. The 5 complete set WC I bought, 1 had a broken flushing mechanism.

The point is, even when i was physically there and made my choice, even double checked before it was loaded, i still had a few things wrong. I rejected some, I accepted some and replaced some (flush mechanism) besides having a lot of cartons of tiles broken on transit without calling the supplier a criminal or fraudstar.

I am not defending the seller nor castigating the buyer or either way, i am saying the transaction cannot be proven as fraud or criminal breach of trust. I am saying its a common error which happens intentionally and non intentionally. The best approach is to reject the wrong supply and manage the ones he can and then encourage the seller by means of subsidy if affordable without insisting on fraud and criminal breach of trust.

You have used the seller, by your experience, is he a criminal or a fraudstar? If you were defrauded by the seller then its even better, we can generally assume he is used to fraud.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2019
dongc:
you are still here making issues difficult...did you speak with the supplier ?how do you know or judge his intentions ?the buyer made it clear of deviations from agreed entities..buyer did not get what he paid for ;
1. were they erroneously sent ??
2.how did supplier find out this error ?
3.suppliers initial statements tends to show he knew what did by insinuating 2 doors while buyer said it was 14.
4.were there concrete effort to fix this before buyer decided to come here

5 .it is above us now...

how about take a break let it play out..you are trying to mediate but you are not actually doing that....

Your no 5 has said it all.

The person who brought this issue here is the one who should answer the questions or sort it.

Forget, it has played out already. Its either the accuser answers the questions or he lets it slide. His choice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
adanny01:

Majority Peace

Am I @ war with anyone?
Of course you know those first two statements arent referring to you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3him3n: 12:02am On Jun 18, 2019
adanny01:

The person who brought this issue here is the one who should answer the questions or sort it.

Forget, it has played out already. Its either the accuser answers the questions or he lets it slide. His choice.
Seems you deliberately trying to be mischievous.
Are you not the defence lawyer of the seller again?
So all the statements you have made about the transaction were self fabricated?
Im seriously interested in understanding how you tick?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 12:17am On Jun 18, 2019
chizagi:
You paid me for 17 units of doors and i supplied 17 units of doors, but one door out of the 17 units was not the exact design you chose, that does not make me a scammer. I have never scammed anyone in my life or in this forum, so many people have patronised me on this forum and are always satisfied. This is totally unfair sir, let God be the judge.

Why dont you just correct whatever "mistake" you did and spare everyone, including yourself, all these embarrasment?
Just replace whatever is bad/wromg in what you supplied and that will be the end of the argument. God has nothing to do with this.
Buyer will thank you and you can expect a repeat order.
What exactly are you still dragging sef?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 12:44am On Jun 18, 2019
blacksta:

Oga .. Can you supply me paint ... I checked out Dulux .. too expensive ... Please what are my options ..

Thanks

Buy Paint from that supplier. ( @gbadexy )
Not just me, but l am sure everyone that matters on this thread, will confirm that he is honest and his Paints are good for the money.
I used his paints and it is still good till today.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 4:16am On Jun 18, 2019
My people hail oo yah for those that don't know me l Deal With All Kinds Tile ,Marble, Granite, Granite, Sanitary Wares,And Doors, Equally I Have Professional Installer,you Can Take Look Of My Picture, If There Is Anything You May Need To Know Concern All I mentioned Feel To Ask Me Am will To Explain, You Can Reach Me Up With No 09085212244
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:27am On Jun 18, 2019
just take a break ..you are not part of the solution...please ! please! please..stop dragging it doesnt look good .

adanny01:

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaowerri111: 5:04am On Jun 18, 2019
happney65:

I am thinking of getting it plastered immediately after installation, Can the windows be stolen if plastering is done together with installation?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:01am On Jun 18, 2019
OnMyHonor:

Buy Paint from that supplier. ( @gbadexy )
Not just me, but l am sure everyone that matters on this thread, will confirm that he is honest and his Paints are good for the money.
I used his paints and it is still good till today.
Thank you very much sir for the confidence reposed in me and the recommendation.
I've supplied him the paints and it has been painted already.
https://www.nairaland.com/5248372/picture-ongoing-painting-rebuilt-propertylanders

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 8:05am On Jun 18, 2019
Adaowerri111:

I am thinking of getting it plastered immediately after installation, Can the windows be stolen if plastering is done together with installation?.

Yes that is how should be done as it cant be stolen that way..Bricklayer on standby,They Install it and the bricklayer plasters it at the same time..In that way,It cant be stolen..But if installed without the plastering,It can be easily removed..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2019
Dfameguy:
My people hail oo yah for those that don't know me l Deal With All Kinds Tile ,Marble, Granite, Granite, Sanitary Wares,And Doors, Equally I Have Professional Installer,you Can Take Look Of My Picture, If There Is Anything You May Need To Know Concern All I mentioned Feel To Ask Me Am will To Explain, You Can Reach Me Up With No 09085212244

Your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2019
happney65:

Yes that is how should be done as it cant be stolen that way..Bricklayer on standby,They Install it and the bricklayer plasters it at the same time..In that way,It cant be stolen..But if installed without the plastering,It can be easily removed..

This happen everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (3694) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ishadfurnitures, greenmoney001, gbadexy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.