Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400103 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:39am On Aug 12, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rotex111(m): 10:06am On Aug 12, 2019
ak22:
are you on WhatsApp?
Yes. I'm on whatsapp; 08067920313
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
westliverenterp:
will 5 million be enough to build 2 units of two bedroom flats in Edo State..
Umarzy:

It should be. I'm an Architect and the design we do determines the cost. If he can monitor the procurement of materials and payment to labourers, then i don't see why N5m should not be enough. And when I said the design should be simple, i mean the rooms will not be luxury inclined. No differential fenestration on the buildings, use of flat roof/low-pitched roof, nothing like concrete fascia or parapet walls, elimination of all elements of architectural brutalism. I didn't add external works. All i said here is from foundation to finishing of the structure.

What's the location in Edo?

There are so many things to consider. Your taste in the design and quality of materials, specification, aesthetics and your construction management skills will determine this.

Besides, you said TWO UNITS of TWO Bedroom flat grin cool

No be small thing my brother

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
Thanks guys for the prompt and professional responses. We have taken your points and will use it on all suspended slabs.

Timtol:

I can advertise you to use it if you don't see it as a waste of money, but the DPM will help you in a way that it will hold the water during casting and after casting.
It helps you to retain the water and through this solidifies not allowing the water to escape and you gonna have a smooth result after the DPM is been removed at a certain day after curing for 28days.
God's speed.
topsy23:

It is necessary boss if you have the money do it once n for all... God will provide for u.

You can also contact us for your complete MEP design drawings and also the installations.

our contact still remain the same 08033653191. 08051750560
whatsapp number 08033643191

You can check our signature for more info

[quote author=topsy23 post=81130060]

cc RedMapleConsult

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
AbbeyLinkoln92:

It may be able to finish it, depending on your taste

Should incase my service is needed. You can contact me.
contact you again with his 5million budgets
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
boay:

What's the location in Edo?

There are so many things to consider. Your taste in the design and quality of materials, specification, aesthetics and your construction management skills will determine this.

Besides, you said TWO UNITS of TWO Bedroom flat will it or not as a QS

No be small thing my brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hello the experience and professionals in the house.

Kindly advise me on the quotation for wiring attached here. The house is a portable 4 bedroom duplex with a Bq. It occupies about 200sqm. I feel the materials is too much and I sense the man may want to buy them in excess and take the rest home since am the one buying them. It is a full conduit. This phase is to draw buy wire and draw it

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
elengine:

Kindly advise me on the quotation for wiring attached here. The house is a portable 4 bedroom duplex with a Bq. It occupies about 200sqm. I feel the materials is too much and I sense the man may want to buy them in excess and take the rest home since am the one buying them. It is a full conduit. This phase is to draw buy wire and draw it

The quote can only be questioned IF the plan of the house is available...

2.5mm and 4mm quantities are okay based on the size of the building and am very sure each room will have AC including sitting room and each toilet will also have water heater...

The only quantity that looks suspicious is the 1.5mm red BUT if external light as included it's okay... Also I noticed that there is no green or yellow colour which is the earth cable in 2.5mm and 4mm cable .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ok. I will get the plan available. As for the green wire, does it mean that he omitted it or there is other ways to handle that

topsy23:

The quote can only be questioned IF the plan of the house is available...

2.5mm and 4mm quantities are okay based on the size of the building and am very sure each room will have AC including sitting room and each toilet will also have water heater...

The only quantity that looks suspicious is the 1.5mm red BUT if external light as included it's okay... Also I noticed that there is no green or yellow colour which is the earth cable in 2.5mm and 4mm cable .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 12:52am On Aug 13, 2019
Jdesigns:
Greetings to all our muslim brothers and sisters

Also, like how much would digging of foundation cost around Ikorodu axis

Thanks in advance

Greetings
The answer to the question you asking is relative.
There is a standard price rate for excavation per cum. Calculate the cum of total foundation excavation from the drawing multiple by the rate. Its going to help you bargain with labour.

My observation..... please on that plan where is the kitchen? What's the rationale behind having the windows less that 1m? even in the sitting room? A whole lot of coordination and spatial issues on that drawing.

My advice, engage a professional, at least for the client's sake.

Thanks all the best
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:50am On Aug 13, 2019
Hello good morning everyone customers and friends
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rotex111(m): 5:18am On Aug 13, 2019
uncompleted two bedroom flat (roofed) built on a plot of land at igoba first gate Akure. price; 1.8m, contact for details; 08067920313
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 5:47am On Aug 13, 2019
AbbeyLinkoln92:
If land is already obtained, 5m will finish the twin 2 bedroom flats. It only depends on the taste of the builder.

Meanwhile i advertise my business when i comment,
Don't get it twisted.

My oga does the N5m includes the electrical,borehole,sockaway, WC, shower,sink and not to talk of painting,building plans approval.
I don't know how N5m will complete a modern two units of bedrooms flats.
The house will have the following, 4 rooms,two sitting rooms,two kitchens,two visitors toilets and minimum of two toilets and not four.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2019
Babs612000:

My oga does the N5m includes the electrical,borehole,sockaway, WC, shower,sink and not to talk of painting,building plans approval.
I don't know how N5m will complete a modern two units of bedrooms flats.
The house will have the following, 4 rooms,two sitting rooms,two kitchens,two visitors toilets and minimum of two toilets and not four.

Am not sure plumbing and electrical is included with the present rate of electrical materials

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2019
elengine:
Ok. I will get the plan available. As for the green wire, does it mean that he omitted it or there is other ways to handle that

The green cable is necessary unless your electrician doesn't want to earth the building... U might decided not to use earth cable for lighting but socket, AC, Water heater and cooker Unit is very compulsory. If not earthed you will be having some electric shock in some equipment like fridge, electric cooker, microwave, kitchen sink etc.... Make sure your house is properly earthed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2019
westliverenterp:
will 5 million be enough to build 2 units of two bedroom flats in Edo State..

My brother kindly follow PROFESSIONAL ADVICE or people that have went through such level before.

To be candid with you if you are planning to build modern structure with this materials ( sandcrate block, cement, reinforcement, tiles, modern wiring and plumbing, aluminum or asbestos roofing, pop or pvc ceiling etc) your 5million is a lot of money but it can only give you cacas and LITTLE PART of the finishing or without any at all.

Let’s forget where the building is going to be build.

Most of the material I mentioned earlier are even more costly in village the only thing you can get cheaper in village is SAND even in some village the cost of getting sand is almost the same with Lagos or any urban city in Nigeria.

Most of these materials are not manufactured in village so don’t expect it to be cheaper

Cost of labour is almost same every where now,
So don’t think I’m building in village or town so all materials and labour will surely be very low compared to urban areas.

DONT Build substandard structure (cacas only I mean ) that will give you problem in nearest future. But when it’s come to finishing you can use Nigeria cheap or low cost materials
Such as Pvc ceiling, Nigeria tiles, nigeria doors, medium quality paint etc.

Don’t use low quality materials for your electrical wiring and plumbing piping work ooo.

Spend your money wisely, low quality thing at times if not all the time in building gives more problem in nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:30am On Aug 13, 2019
elengine:

what make of cable is this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2019
twinskenny:

Yes, those prices seem very cheap, right?

Me, I'm getting quoted N11k for 1.5mm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:54am On Aug 13, 2019
jabolo:

11k for 1.5mm?? almost double of the price

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 10:00am On Aug 13, 2019
Coleman

twinskenny:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kaychiz: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2019
Land For Sale In A University Community, Urgent

I have a 50x100 for sale in Benin city.

Precise location is Okha 1, after Sapele road bypass, around where Benson Idahosa University just opened their second campus.

Asking price is 2m but subject to negotiations.

Pls those interested should contact me asap on 09093111410
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2019
Serious stuff, I know. I'm getting to the bottom of this but I'm told coil lenghts differ sometimes (75m vs 100m?)

Over to the gurus here.

topsy23:

11k for 1.5mm?? almost double of the price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2019
jabolo:

not really prices of coleman cable is a bit on the low for something now

11k for 1.5mm or 2.5mm? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2019
jabolo:
Serious stuff, I know. I'm getting to the bottom of this but I'm told coil lenghts differ sometimes (75m vs 100m?)

Over to the gurus here.

1.5mm is 5500 coleman full coil (100m)

cc topys23

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2019
twinskenny:

not really prices of coleman cable is a bit on the low for something now

11k for 1.5mm or 2.5mm? shocked shocked

1.5mm - I know, very fishy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2019
jabolo:

Over to the gurus here.

Nigeria cable is 100m per coil/roll. if the electrician is telling u 75m that means he's using imported cable. All imported cables are not up to 100m and they are not original and even cheaper than Nigeria cable, They are copper coated cables I.e not pure copper and their 1.5mm is almost the size of 1mm.

They have very thick and big insulation but tiny copper conductor..

If you need more info and quantity of cables needed for your project u can contain us on
08033643191, 08051750560
Whatsapp 0833643191
Email : atope23live.co.uk, topselg.engineering@gmail.com

You can visit our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paparazzi82: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2019
Is it advisable to buy rod a month before its use for decking or wait till one is fully ready to deck.
Buying it now, wont rain make the rod rusty?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2019
allCopacetic:

In the absence of the above you can employ what is arguably the best Authentication method.....The ultimate litmus test for authenticity of a coil of wire Is the coil weight. This is because the weight of a given coil of cable is dependent on the three main properties that are typically alterable... The length of conductor, diameter of the conductor, and composition (which determines unit mass). So it easlily reveals the shortcomings in any of those areas

If the diameter is too small, there is a “very noticeable” reduction in weight
If the length is short there is also a substantial reduction in weight.
If the conductor is iron, ( heavier metal than Copper) the coil will be heavier than it should be, if its made of alloy it’ll be lighter.

So armed with a portable digital scale (the kind you can put in a bag)... and information on the approximate weight of a coil of each cable size; you can quickly and correctly ascertain authenticity.

I have come up with an idea...... As time permits , I will provide information on the approximate weight of a number of sizes.I will be arriving at the figures for each size by taking the weight of three randomly selected samples from a pool of about 100 coils , to arrive at an average figure or range, as well as see the degree of variation within the pool. I will be opening a thread documenting the weighting process and results. I will be doing this for COLEMAN cables only It would be nice to have someone else try the same for another brand and post results too.

Over a year Ago. I postulated the bolded as a relatively safe and accurate method that can be employed in verifying the authenticity of cables.
I had intentions of providing the information in red, which was the missing peice of the puzzle but very sadly never got around to it. Time and chance.
I thought I was alone in this line of thought... Fortunately I wasn't.
I am pleased to announce that as of today, approximate weight of each size of COLEMAN cable can now be found on the label(as pictured below).
This was introduced by the Company a few months ago, and is now in full effect

So for any specific size you're buying , if the coil in hand does not weight the same or very close to the factory's stated weight for the specific size ( too high or too low) Then you very likely have some foul play.

Read the post in the link below to understand why it'll be difficult for counterfeiters to work around this.

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/928#66439673

Alot of distributors aren't even aware of the import, but this is big progress in the fight against cable counterfeiting. And a measure that other manufacturers should employ.
Information is power people, Arm yourself

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jdesigns(m): 12:46am On Aug 14, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

Greetings
The answer to the question you asking is relative.
There is a standard price rate for excavation per cum. Calculate the cum of total foundation excavation from the drawing multiple by the rate. Its going to help you bargain with labour.

My observation..... please on that plan where is the kitchen? What's the rationale behind having the windows less that 1m? even in the sitting room? A whole lot of coordination and spatial issues on that drawing.

My advice, engage a professional, at least for the client's sake.

Thanks all the best

Thanks bro
Appreciate your response
The plan was drawn by clients architect and we have been making a lot of amendments to it, the kitchen is there but the entrance door wasn't added. The plan as already been modified to improve on it and correct a lot of errors

Regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ashleysummer: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2019
I have a 8x6 glass greenhouse which I plant up with mainly tomatoes. I have suffered from tomato leaf mould for the last two seasons. So guess I need modern ventilation. Here https://texair.eu/ I read about a new technology for the construction of similar facilities and solutions for creating a microclimate in greenhouse facilities. Quite interesting.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please does anyone know a good mechanic or technician that is familiar with the diesel engine used to drive a concrete mixer.

There is a portable concrete mixer which the engine needs to be repaired/replaced. location is Lekki.

Please advice if you have anyone that can fix this.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mackengift: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2019
1. Type: Tanker vessel
Price (lease): disclose on discussion
Tonnage: 20, 000 tonnage
Note: Q88 available for interested serious buyers only

Note: documents will be only show to interested serious buyers.

For inspection and serious enquiries,contact via call or Whatsapp:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1205) (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BabaChicago(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.