Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377464 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmadejust(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
cool cool cool cool we make ... We crown homes with windows and doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2019
twinskenny:
cc kolashangone

Thanks Oga Kenny
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nkemjustice:
Good morning my people, please let those in knowledge tell me wood requirements and roofsheet requirements(Aluminum: metrocopo or step tile) for a three bedroom house around Igbesa/Agbara. The side view, back view, front view and measurements are here stated. Thanks a lot.

If you're buying the wood at Atan, I mean good quality wood,
I'm very sure you will spend about 600-650k on woodwork, and about 650-700k if you're using 0.45mm gauge of aluminium.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

I'm very glad you cautious of the integrity of these buildings elements in process of over prolonging (in phases) the construction activities. Most of building defects after commissioning are due to neglected factors such as this.

Work protection is very important in construction, substantial amount of efforts should be put into protecting works in progress otherwise resources, project integrity and value are in jeopardy.

That been said, what you need right now is a program of work, prepared by a certified builder with your cash flow duly consulted.

In addition, the break between phase 3(Its ground floor nt 1st floor) and phase 4 shouldn't be up to 12months, as your have highlighted those walls are going to be loading walls. Likewise 5&6. Anything longer than that, green growth starts to occur on ur block walls and it's bad to Finish a building with that because of aftermath defects.

Please can you kindly highlight the aftermath defects of such?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

A plaza would with fit better, you a chance of going vertical to makeup for the horizontal shortfall
Many thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
For both architectural and constructional works. contact us at [b]For both architectural and constructional works. contact us at [/b]For both architectural and constructional works. contact us at OAK GROUP 08108408732
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
sako28:
Hello house,

Any idea the cost for stamp concrete per square meter.

Thank you
we do it 5000 per square meter
If you are going to buy materials urself we do it 3000 per square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
Gurus inn the house, Pls how many coaches of blocks is recommended after lintel casting?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
bobkezel:
Gurus inn the house, Pls how many coaches of blocks is recommended after lintel casting?
depends on how high u want the height of the head room to be. But atlest 2 courses. I prefer 3
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
bixton:

Please can you kindly highlight the aftermath defects of such?

As in the case of green growth on blockwall, where the roots have penetrated into masonry joints. Its difficult to completely ripped them off the wall before plastering. These root (no matter how small it is) later dislodge blockwall joints, allows water penetration then followed by eventually building defects e.g cracks, spalls.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
bobkezel:

Number of coaches after lintel is dependent on some factors like
1. Use of building as these would specify the headroom that needs to be achieved for the space. Residential buildings, you can have 2.8 - 3.0m from ffl.

2. Type of ceiling finishes: to achieve some ceiling finishes (e.g suspended pop )you need enough clear space after your ceiling level to thus there is need to more number of coaches after lintel.

Just relate your needs with any experienced builder/Engr., you don't have to be generic.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:17am On Oct 08, 2019
Hello people.
Any Quantity Surveyor in the house.
Kindly contact me.. 07038166370. Call or WhatsApp.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Josh929: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2019
Pls anyone know where I can get smooth river rock(like in picture) to buy for a driveway in Lagos/Ogun axis?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Josh929: 7:38am On Oct 08, 2019
Anyone know where I can buy landscape fabric/weed barrier fabric in lagos/Ogun axis
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2019
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2019

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nkemjustice: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2019
KolaShangOne:

If you're buying the wood at Atan, I mean good quality wood,
I'm very sure you will spend about 600-650k on woodwork, and about 650-700k if you're using 0.45mm gauge of aluminium.
What I need is information on wood type and quantity. Eg 2x4 =? 2x2 =? as nogging is also included and quantity of aluminium metrocopo or step tile. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gbenke: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2019
sako28:
Good day everyone,

What can cause this to the paint.
DPC was done at the foundation stage.
Any remedy for this.

Thank you

Sir, check if there are no plumbing leakages. Then two other things. 1) make sure there is no water logging close to the wall outside. 2) if your compound is concreted or whatever and you do not have a roof gutter splashes of water on the wall outside when absorbed by the wall could curse this. This opinions are based on my small boy experience. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2019
Need a professional to install your building's P.O.P ceiling? Screed the walls to make it as smooth as glass? Install all kinds of P.O.P designs like wall demarcation, T.v stand, wine cabinets and the likes? Install Roman arch at the entrance and dinning? Windows and doors art? Pillar and column designs?

Contact us at His Grace Interiors for the best of the best at affordable prices.
Our reputation precedes us, especially here on Nairaland.
You can check all our other threads here on NL for further info.
A trial, I'm sure , will definitely convince you.

You can reach us on +2347069462837 or hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com for further information and enquiries.
We're available 24/7 anywhere in Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justcallmenuel(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2019
I sell solar panels, solar batteries, solar charge controller, installation wires etc at affordable prices. You can reach me on 08168986461
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2019
dejavus:
Whats the general consensus on using Laminate wood flooring in Nigeria? I am curious as to any pros and cons from you experts.

Any one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AyeMaDaFunMi: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
dejavus:
Whats the general consensus on using Laminate wood flooring in Nigeria? I am curious as to any pros and cons from you experts.

Not an expert, but I don't see why not.

The concrete floor needs to be perfectly level and a vapor barrier needs to be put down before the laminate. There are some that are made for wet areas and I think those will be best because of the climate.

Personally, I wouldn't use laminate flooring because it is not as durable as tile.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
beamNIGERIA:

As in the case of green growth on blockwall, where the roots have penetrated into masonry joints. Its difficult to completely ripped them off the wall before plastering. These root (no matter how small it is) later dislodge blockwall joints, allows water penetration then followed by eventually building defects e.g cracks, spalls.....

Your statement best stands out as an assumption and not verifiable and one of those building construction myths peddled.
The time factor/time line stated by AyeMaDaFunMi on his originating post is in order and will not bring any defect on the structure.
The only phase he needs to limit the time between the roofing wood frame work and the installation of the roofing sheets. It's either they are both done and considered as a single phase or the time interval between both should not be more than 3 months.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
bobkezel:

For rental, I do three coaches. For personal (retirement) home, I will go four.

Four coaches bring out the beauty of the POP design and make your living room more majestic with an illusion of space.
Art work on the wall display better just like the effect on museum walls This also improves the air flow and make the home cooler. Three coaches are awesome but four coaches are extraordinary with a master finish.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Going by four coaches, what does that bring your effective headroom to? over 3m?

Have you seen any residential build go beyond four coaches?

For some time now, we have been considering a really high headroom design for an upcoming project.

diordaves:

For rental, I do three coaches. For personal (retirement) home, I will go four.

Four coaches bring out the beauty of the POP design and make your living room more majestic with an illusion of space.
Art work on the wall display better just like the effect on museum walls This also improves the air flow and make the home cooler. Three coaches are awesome but four coaches are extraordinary with a master finish.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2019
If there is anyone here that can supply sharp sand to Opebi Ikeja please reply with your rates for a fully loaded china truck.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2019
I need phone and WhatsApp no of an architect that can put together full set of drawings for a family of mine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 11:19am On Oct 09, 2019
Ladies and Gents, some Months ago, l introduced a Builder who worked for me in building one of my house, on this thread.
He was very dilligent and honest in his work moreover, l found him cool-headed and very mature and most of all, he knew what he was doing.

So, l said: Let me expose this Builder to others who have been lamenting over their rogue builders.
I wasn't expecting anyone to believe me because l was using my alternate i.d (just for confidentiality reasons and nothing more) but somehow, some people could see that my opinion and recommendation of this builder was damn hinest and with no ulterior motive.

So, some Nairalanders gave him the chance to see if l was right and this builder was really what l claimed he was (or maybe l was just another scammer with alternate i.d. grin ).

A few months down the line, the kind of REPORT l was getting from the people who took a chance on him, made me really glad that l did what l did and l want to use this opportunity to thank Nairalanders who beleived in what l said and showed faith.

I am also happy that the Builder (BashyBuilds) has not disappointed me with his Customers, from what they are saying about him.
I want to encourage more people to give him jobs and report back to this house (as we use to do in the early days) because we need to encourage good, trustworthy and reliable builders on this forum such that pur projects can go on smoothly with peace of mind and at reasonable cost.

He has opened a page for himself on this property section to show his own works

https://www.nairaland.com/5460095/bashy-builds-delight-house-owners

A good Name is Better than Sudden Riches.
BashyBuilds
, keep it up and dont ever forget how you started and that strangers showed trust in you. Dont disappoint anyone.

I repeat his details below.

BASHY-BUILDS
Phone
: +234 708 860 8044, +234 814 094 7696
WhatsApp: +234 708 860 8044

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2019
Below is one of the Report l read about him, from one of the nairalanders that gave him a job to do

Mightymiracle:
Yeah!!!! Am one of the living witness to the marvelous jobs being done by BASHY-BUILDS (Mr. Bashiru). He is very respectful, easy going and pay attention to details. I picked his contact from the properties section through a TESTIMONIAL Post by OnMyHonor, . After few calls, we sealed a deal and before you know it, the project was delivered. the most surprising aspect of it is that, BASHY-BUILDS charges you a reasonable amount for his services, which you will be very delighted to pay. Though the project is a small bungalow but he did a very wonderful job and other people that have come around for other things attested to it. I therefore recommended BASHY-BUILDS for those clients who are looking for a RELIABLE and TRUSTWORTHY BUILDER to execute their dream House..

Is that not wonderful, coming froma Client, to a builder?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2019
Below is another Nairalnader Customer of this Builder, testifying to his work and character.

SAMJOSH1:
I am a beneficiary of the good works that Mr Bashiru is doing. I consulted him as a result of your write-up here and its has been good experience. The skills of a man indeed makes room for him to stand in the midst of kings.

If he has worked for you, please let us know and give your own review of his performance.

Once again, thanks to all those who took my word and gave him a trial. Give him more jobs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nkemjustice: 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2019
Please my people, I need information on this.
Nkemjustice:

What I need is information on wood type and quantity. Eg 2x4 =? 2x2 =? as nogging is also included and quantity of aluminium metrocopo or step tile. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2019
megacontrol:
Going by four coaches, what does that bring your effective headroom to? over 3m?

Have you seen any residential build go beyond four coaches?

For some time now, we have been considering a really high headroom design for an upcoming project.

If the structure is in the form of a storey building you can do 4 course(3 course+Decking beam).
If its just a ground floor structure, 3 course is okay and due to installation of POP you can run the nogging the unconventional way. If one does 4 course and runs the nogging on the wall is no different from doing 3 and running the nogging the unconventional way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1235) (1236) (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Prinzton(m), jeffkennedy and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.