Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385305 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Danmas: 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
hello please where can I get standard electric block moulding machine in Lagos. urgent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shelliz: 12:48am On Dec 21, 2019
Hello everybody. Please what could be responsible for the crack of this foundation wall? Pic below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timesup234: 3:11am On Dec 21, 2019
opebiboy:
I am about wiring my house and the cost I got from the electricians brought so far is indeed alarming. the total number coil of wire given to me for a 5 bedroom is up to 17 coils and someone told me it shouldn't be more than 12 coils. The different wires are 2.5mm, 1.5mm and 10 mm. So experts in the house what is the rough estimate. The house is 60 feet by 30. Thanks
let me help you yahoo boy! Buy 2 coils of 2.5mm black, 2 coils of 2.5mm red. 2 coils of 1.5mm black, 2 coils of 1.5mm red and 2 coils of 1.5mm coloured. Then buy 25 yards of 10mm. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
You can get a standard machine in ibadan. He will mould from scratch for you. Dont buy already made..buy from people that will build from scratch and engrave ur name on it.

Danmas:
hello please where can I get standard electric block moulding machine in Lagos. urgent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
KIDfurniture:
You can get a standard machine in ibadan. He will mould from scratch for you. Dont buy already made..buy from people that will build from scratch and engrave ur name on it.

What is the range?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
davodyguy:

Yes,

Stabilizing

Answer is YES.

The method involves taking out bad soil, and importing good ones.. Layer by layer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
saydfact:

Answer is YES.

The method involves taking out bad soil, and importing good ones.. Layer by layer.

Hello Sir

How do I adjust the Foundation of a house.
We already have a foundation but want to change design?
How can we go about it although we invited a Architect already?

But what precautions should we look out for
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
saydfact:

Answer is YES.

Thanks bro.

Like how much will this cost on a 9m by 37m plot of land?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by frozen70(f): 1:28am On Dec 22, 2019
gbadexy:
Regular cement plastering is quite different from cement screeding.
Screeding of either cement or gypsum based is done over cement plaster.
It's a relatively less thick coat used to correct errors on cement plaster to give a very smooth and level surface that ordinary cement plasters can't give.
Cement screeding is stronger no doubt. It's also smoother given the presence of free lime in it.
Water won't also be able to affect it, unlike pop screeding that would swell and peel off when in contact with water. So cement screeding can be used both inside and outside.
Gypsum screeding has some fire retardant advantage at a relatively low temperature, under 250 degree C. Theoretically it supplies oxygen for more combustion at very high temperature above 900 degrees if the fire hasn't been put out. But gypsum screeding has limestone powder as filler and that also releases carbon dioxide at the temperature gypsum releases oxygen.
Back to reality, cement screeding sets slowly. That's the major reason I think it's not widely used by contractors. They need a fast setting plaster to screed and leave the site on time for other jobs.
Paint would also stick well, especially satin on cement screeding and it won't peel off easily.

Pls advise me on which to take

My painter said he will sampaper the wall and prime it with white paint before the real paint

But I prefer, wall screeding with pop

What are the advantages and disadvantages
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by frozen70(f): 1:53am On Dec 22, 2019
gbadexy:

It's possible although it may not be appealing.
Satin being a high sheen paint highlights contours on the wall.
If the cement plaster is smooth, then it can be applied.

Pls why does satin paint peel over time
Is it caused by pop screeding, will it be better on cement screeding or better still paint the wall with satin without screeding
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:05am On Dec 22, 2019
frozen70:

My painter said he will sampaper the wall and prime it with white paint before the real paint

He may sandpaper the wall and apply primer and it would look good.
I think screeding still gives the best finish though.
If you want to reduce peeling of satin, apply a good primer on the sandpapered screeded wall before applying satin.
After screeding, the wall has to be sandpapered and it leaves residual powders on the surface whites rubs off easily. This loose powders prevent the paint from having a strong bond with the wall. If satin is painted on ordinary cement plastered wall, it would not peel off except there is damp issue but you can't apply satin on unscreeded wall. It would look unsightly.
A good primer applied just lightly over the sandpapered screeding would bind the loose powders to the wall and shouldn't rub off the wall easily before applying the satin so that it has a stable surface to bond properly with.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 6:46am On Dec 22, 2019
rotecch77:

Ok that is good
My Oga please u need your help/advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by frozen70(f): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2019
gbadexy:

He may sandpaper the wall and apply primer and it would look good.
I think screeding still gives the best finish though.
If you want to reduce peeling of satin, apply a good primer on the sandpapered screeded wall before applying satin.
After screeding, the wall has to be sandpapered and it leaves residual powders on the surface whites rubs off easily. This loose powders prevent the paint from having a strong bond with the wall. If satin is painted on ordinary cement plastered wall, it would not peel off except there is damp issue but you can't apply satin on unscreeded wall. It would look unsightly.
A good primer applied just lightly over the sandpapered screeding would bind the loose powders to the wall and shouldn't rub off the wall easily before applying the satin so that it has a stable surface to bond properly with.

Thanks very much

Pls should I go for cement screeding even if I am using emulsion paint or satin paint

Will I still get the smooth surface I need like that of pop

Since cement stays longer and doesn't peel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2019
I willl have to ask ....but I can also get you sunshine's number his work shop is in oluyole . Very sure man
ak22:

What is the range?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2019
frozen70:

Thanks very much

Pls should I go for cement screeding even if I am using emulsion paint or satin paint

Will I still get the smooth surface I need like that of pop

Since cement stays longer and doesn't peel
you may go for cement screeding. cement mixed with pop emulsion will give you smooth surface too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DankemzI(m): 9:56am On Dec 22, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, there's a brick moulding machine that doesn't require mortar only fixing of the bricks. Please where can I get the machine, any vendor or consultant here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2019
multikolour:

My Oga please u need your help/advice on a particular roofing sheet can you spare some time

08134166339 watsapp

Ok, I will reach out to you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:23pm On Dec 22, 2019
gbadexy:

you may go for cement screeding. cement mixed with pop emulsion will give you smooth surface too.

Yes you are absolutely correct, opc cement screeding is the best for external wall
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2019
temi4fash:

Hello Sir

How do I adjust the Foundation of a house.
We already have a foundation but want to change design?
How can we go about it although we invited a Architect already?

But what precautions should we look out for

Is it a bungalow? IF yes.... Just do a German floor and change whatever you want to change.

If it's a storey building.. Get an Architect to redesign something that wld maintain all existing columns...

Its possible

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2019
frozen70:

The answer is with you..

How much are you wiling to spend? Offcourse the more expensive one wld look and feel better.. But the other isn't wrong also.

Your choice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by frozen70(f): 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2019
saydfact:

The answer is with you..

How much are you wiling to spend? Offcourse the more expensive one wld look and feel better.. But the other isn't wrong also.

Your choice

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2019
davodyguy:

Thanks bro.

Like how much will this cost on a 9m by 37m plot of land?

I cant say.... needs on site assessments .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ARROBA(m): 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2019
Anyone knows how much it will cost to roof a 2 story building in Owerri with:

Stone coated roofing sheet

I just need an estimate on average the cost of the stone coated roofing sheet, and possibly an estimate of the Labour cost...

What is the best gauge/thickness of the roofing sheet?
Which is the best brand?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Housetop: 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2019
Trip Incentive by Housetop: 7:02pm
Hurry this offer is still valid; Now its not about the discount price or the Holiday trip attached But its an investment opportunity for you.
New Price will be 8.650m by January 2020.
So close the year 2019 with a good investment added to your investment portfolio.

A plot of Land at a promo price + A travel trip to dubai/south africa; its the best way to end this year 2019.
So you can secure 5plots of land and still give your family that desired holiday trip with 5 travel tickets(All expense paid)
For more information

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
saydfact:

Is it a bungalow? IF yes.... Just do a German floor and change whatever you want to change.

If it's a storey building.. Get an Architect to redesign something that wld maintain all existing columns...

Its possible

Oh we invited the Architect already.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 23, 2019
Yemtech Plumbing Solutions is a household and office plumber specializing on plumbing repair, installations, maintenance service solutions.

Call us today for whichever service you want

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AreaFada2: 6:31am On Dec 23, 2019
My good people of Nairaland please how much are the following alumaco frame with glass and net: 5 x 4, 4 x 4 and 4 x 2? In various places like Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, etc.

Please how many bags of cement are needed to cement both the inside and outside walls of a three bed room bungalow all en suite? One sitting room
and dining. The dimensions are average, nothing unusually big. I was shocked to hear 85 bags of cement!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2019
Good morning
Aluminium window with burglary or without burglary
Enquiry today
Pls Call:08069609983 Or WhatsApp
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kenosym(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2019
segzy14:

He is a big thief. @lawyer, please do something about the scammer called Chekitaut before more people fall prey. See the thread I opened for the scammer.
https://www.nairaland.com/5486684/fraudster-called-chekitaut

Good morning Segzy, and thanks for this post to warn innocent clients who wants to do genuine business with Vendors here on nairaland from falling prey of the fraudster, Chekitaut. Unfortunately, I had fallen prey already before your post became very clear. I first saw your post when I was about entering business with chekitaut, but at that point, so many still considered him genuine, and you too harsh and being too quick to come online to paint him black for a failed delivery which could have happened due to unforeseen circumstances. So I considered your issue with him as a temporary set back he can quickly correct, little did I know it was deeply rooted in his nature.
I imported a Howo truck from China an gave this guy to manage on 24th October 2019. Although the truck had an accident when an amature was moving it to another terminal for clearing, hence he had to tow it to his base. I paid for the towing, transferred a lot of money to him to fix it, and for more than a month and half this guy keep saying that he was repairing the truck to bring it to the standard he wants, to ensure it will be reliable for his use. The money I sent for the repair of the truck was within the first 2 weeks from 24th October, and those repairs were clear and the parts receipted. For the next one month, he kept claiming he didn't want to bother me, and that he's shouldering the expenses for the repair to bring the truck to his standard, always insisting the truck hasn't started working.
Finally, he accepted the truck started working on 9th of December, and that he would pay me on 13th since our agreement is on weekly payment. He also confirmed to me at the end of that week that the truck worked very well that week but gave no reason why he didn't pay me on Friday as the agreement stipulated. By evening of Monday 16th, of the following week, he picked my call and said he was going home and would pay when he got home. By Tuesday I called and told him to move my truck to Lagos from Abeokuta so another person can take it over, that I was fed up with his lies. That was the last I heard from the guy even as I write. Most time his number doesn't go, sometimes it does without him picking. I've sent WhatsApp and he isn't responding, I've also noticed he stop visiting nairaland.
I was concerned that something might have happened to him, maybe one of his debtors arrested him, until I called segzy this morning and he confirmed he mistakenly picked his call 2days ago thinking he was a client waiting for him for delivery. Hence, I decided to take an action by warning other prospective innocent clients from falling prey to this fraudster. I sure will further follow up by sending the Police/EFCC after him to retrieve my truck and all he owe me.

Its indeed a horrible experience but one that comes with doing business in Nigeria, I hope I don't get involve with this kind of fellow again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:40am On Dec 23, 2019
@kenosym, your type is rare sir.
You still gave him a much needed second chance to pick himself back up and gradually sort old issues but he still did the same to his helper.
You will get your dues back because your intent was to help a total stranger back on his feet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by winetapper: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
Good day bosses in the house. I will appreciate your review on this plan.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrsteel: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
winetapper:
Good day bosses in the house. I will appreciate your review on this plan.
Ventilation
Is the land a small one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1278) (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: baaliyah(m), topsy23, kdaddy, kkonsults and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.