Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4406522 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emman44(m): 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
We are still working... Sewage Digester... No odour No evacuation

Taiwo. 07066474055
M&E consultant..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Do you need a Project Supervisor or Construction Manager for your Building Projects?
Contact us at OAK GROUP,We are a group of experts in Building Construction. We deliver the best.
You can rely on our jobs. No delay nor untrustworthiness.
uncleteeh@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
shelliz:
Hello everybody. Please what could be responsible for the crack of this foundation wall? Pic below

In construction there's what we call LEP it overturns foundations weather block or cast walls if proper measure is not taken.

Lateral Earth Pressure: is a continuous physical force exerted on the soil right inside foundations horizontally.

That is exactly what cracked up your foundation.

Dubemcapital

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by winetapper: 4:31am On Dec 24, 2019
mrsteel:

Ventilation
Is the land a small one?
yes it's quite a small land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:40am On Dec 24, 2019
okeymadu:

Waoh! I will go beyond threads. This isn't funny. It's almost a year and I've given him several opportunities to redeem self.

I asked him to supply items that he's able to in phases such as cement and sand. He never did.

I thought this was a one off. But no.

One. Whole. Year!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:45am On Dec 24, 2019
rusep:
Morning House,
I just received this quotation from my Capenter to roof my 5 bedroom bungalow house in Kaduna. Please is this quotation ok.
Thanks in advance for your review

Why not buy your wood from Bauchi Its way cheaper.

Spending 1.7million on woodwork of 5 bedroom is a gigantic waste of money!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by intereliate: 6:46am On Dec 24, 2019
Compliments of the season

Please could a charming engineer be nice enough to give estimates for:

1. 1 pilling column
2. Pilling Foundation for 1 storey building (see attached plan)

*****Suggested Pile Column Size (450 to 600mm Diameter by 6 to 9m Depth)

Appreciating your kind gesture

Warm regards

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:55am On Dec 24, 2019
debeey87:
Good day gurus. I have the attached plan for building and have received the quotation below from the brick layer.

NEW QUOTATION

* MATERIALS
1. 3000 BLOCK@200 each _ #600,000

2. 2 double tipper of sharp sand @40,000 - #80,000

3. 1 double tipper of soft sand@32,000 - #32,000

4. 15 tons of granite@80,000 - #80,000

5. 80 bags of cement@2,550 each - #204,000

6. Tank - #45,000

7. Plank - #15,000

8. Water - #30,000

9. Transport - #7,000

TOTAL MATERIALS - #1,093,000

* WORKMANSHIP

1. Digging of foundation - #60,000

2. Casting of foundation - #65,000

3. Settings of blocks - #300,000

4. Casting of lintel - #100,000

TOTAL WORKMANSHIP - #525,000

TOTAL MATERIALS + TOTAL WORKMANSHIP - #1,618,000

Kindly help me scrutinize the area of the workmanship to know if it is reasonable enough and if some of the other items asides cement and block can be gotten cheaper.

Land location is behind Obasanjo farm in Ota ogun state.

Re-negotiate.

Setting of 1 block in OTA is about 60-70 naira. 3000 blocks should be 180,000.

Casting of lintel too can be reduced.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:56am On Dec 24, 2019
megacontrol:
Hello people,

Is a BRC wire mesh or some sort of reinforcement required to make coping above a parapet wall.

See attached picture for a sample.

One engineer says just high proportion of cement with sand will do while the other says BRC is required.

Thanks

A BRC will serve as anti crack. Better safe than sorry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:02am On Dec 24, 2019
davodyguy:

Hello guys.

Finally completed the soil test for this site today.

Machine reached it's final stop at exactly 28 metres deep into the sub structure. shocked

Location is around Ogudu Ori-oke

Like how much should be Budgeted for pile foundation?

Just a rough estimate and not the specific.
saydfact

Hope it's not just one point tested? Sites in that area can have varying pile depths on the same land.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:10am On Dec 24, 2019
ARROBA:
Anyone knows how much it will cost to roof a 2 story building in Owerri with:

Stone coated roofing sheet

I just need an estimate on average the cost of the stone coated roofing sheet, and possibly an estimate of the Labour cost...

What is the best gauge/thickness of the roofing sheet?
Which is the best brand?

Best brands? Wichtech . Tilcor, Metro.
Best guage- 0.45mm (reduced weight)
Possible labour cost- 40-50k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:13am On Dec 24, 2019
@gbadexy Oga, Hope you have not closed for the year oo?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2019
KolaShangOne:

Hope it's not just one point tested? Sites in that area can have varying pile depths on the same land.
3 points
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2019
KolaShangOne:
@gbadexy Oga, Hope you have not closed for the year oo?
No sir oga mi. Only on major holidays.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 8:30am On Dec 24, 2019
Oh no ..not again .. this same chekitaut guy.. this guy must be a hardened criminal. Omg... this guy must be a yahoo plus full member.

okeymadu:

Waoh! I will go beyond threads. This isn't funny. It's almost a year and I've given him several opportunities to redeem self.

I asked him to supply items that he's able to in phases such as cement and sand. He never did.

I thought this was a one off. But no.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mgbadike80: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2019
Two plots of land available at Nka, Nsugbe(Onitsha) at 3.5m per plot, two self contained units on one plot as a boys quarters, direct brief from the seller.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatunde1808(m): 9:12am On Dec 24, 2019
Do you need a professional website developer?

Build your easy to manage, tractable and long lasting website from scratch and not WordPress today!

contact us for ;
Blog website, Business website , Company website, Betting site, Real estate, E-commerce ( online store like Jumia or Jiji), etc. We deliver on the stipulated time frame.

All at budget friendly price.

Basic Benefits:

1.)Domain name.
2.)Unlimited Hosting (1year) with unlimited email and lot more.
3.) Free SSL.
4.) Free site maintenance (1 year).
5.) Built from scratch and not WordPress.
6.) Standard Admin panel with login access.

Available for both short and long term contract.
nine five five zero
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omololu251(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2019
I will revert on this.

You can WhatsApp me on : 08052831695

intereliate:

1. 1 pilling column

Warm regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2019
Good morning all. i just finished roofing my house and i want to put windows and doors before wiring and plumbing is there no be problem?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:24am On Dec 24, 2019
Nbg4real:
Good morning all. i just finished roofing my house and i want to put windows and doors before wiring and plumbing is there no be problem?
good step
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Conceptman: 11:34am On Dec 24, 2019
Nbg4real:
we can handle your windows if you don't mind. You can reach my WhatsApp sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2019
twinskenny:
good step
thank you Sir. I thought it is a bad approach and i want it that way, that is why I asked. I'm Happy you regarded it as good step.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
Hello builders in the house. Please am in a cross road, I need your sincere input on the workmanship and supervision cost estimate (excluding materials) for :
1. Block work from dpc to two courses after
Lintel.

2. Decking.

Please note it's a standard half plot and the design is duplex with two 2 bedroom flats behind. Location ogun state.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rusep: 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
KolaShangOne:

Why not buy your wood from Bauchi Its way cheaper.

Spending 1.7million on woodwork of 5 bedroom is a gigantic waste of money!

Thanks for your advice, I got it at about 1m naira. The wood work is starting tomorrow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2019
winetapper:
Good day bosses in the house. I will appreciate your review on this plan.

All. Things. Considered.

The. Design. Is. Okay.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
chimexdnice1:
Hello builders in the house. Please am in a cross road, I need your sincere input on the workmanship and supervision cost estimate (excluding materials) for :
1. Block work from dpc to two courses after
Lintel.

2. Decking.

Please note it's a standard half plot and the design is duplex with two 2 bedroom flats behind. Location ogun state.
Thanks.
share the floor plan with me. 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
tevanso:
share the floor plan with me. 08060506857

Am sorry, I don't have access to it at the moment, what am after is a rough estimate on workmanship for these stages.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
chimexdnice1:

Am sorry, I don't have access to it at the moment, what am after is a rough estimate on workmanship for these stages.

You cant get an estimate WITHOUT sharing the floor plan for knowledge of how much block / work is involved....

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
saydfact:

You cant get an estimate WITHOUT sharing the floor plan for knowledge of how much block / work is involved....

Goodluck
oil dey ur head boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
addexx:

I just want to know the minimum amount it would cost to get a decent finishing

3m

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
saydfact:

IF what you've been advised to use is pile foundation (IF), you'll need more than a rough estimate, you'll need a structural engineer doing a detailed design and a Q.S for cost advice based on that design.

Goodluck

Get a QS here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
intereliate:

1. 1 pilling column

Warm regards

Engage a QS to do estimate for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1279) (1280) (1281) (1282) (1283) (1284) (1285) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.