Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385426 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 10:45am On Feb 05, 2016
mavverick:
Once again, a big thank you to all that have waded in with constructive feedback, to all the elders and the new elderstatesman/woman. I am in for peace, however I do not know if Brabus has good intentions on this matter, I am yet to hear from Brabus nor have seen any alert, at least before I can get an alert he ought to have my account number first. As we can all see, I have offered him an olive branch and have been left hanging in the past.

This matter was brought to him over 3 months ago, I think everyone would agree with me that I have been patient enough.

I like to give everyone, the benefit of doubt.

I understand where you are coming from but you have been patient for over three months, according to your statement...... a few days will not "kill" you. Exercise more Patience please.

I am hoping we can do this in a way that "everyone" feels they have won. No Losers.
I understand the "philosophy of Ego" as it applies to the later generation, especially we Africans.

The "Elders" have waded-in, Brabus has promised to surprise all of us.... we can only not try to second-guess him.
In everyman, there is a very "good part", .... no matter how bad some think the person is.

Fingers crossed, again! wink Please be Patient.

Where is that Email, l mentioned Please? We Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the Worst.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Two major factors I see are MONEY and TIME.. Aeons ago, Rich men used Terrazo. Now, its only used for govt projects.. Schools, hospitals etc..

Apart from rubber tiles, Terrazzo should be d next cheaper option. Had it done for about 1900 naira for black n white and 2500 for coloured per sqm. Labour n materials inclusive. Obviously stronger than tiles too..

I like hardwood flooring too on suspended floors since it will be free from moisture or frost, termites, as d case may be. Rugs on a staircase is lovely too

Kindly throw more light on your Terrazzo experience. Were you happy with the outcome? What's the size of the project? Did you need to buy materials or just pay and deliver? What's the time frame normally? When was the project done and where? Are the contractors grounded enough to work away from their base?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 11:59am On Feb 05, 2016
I wasnt giving u any glory, I was only thanking you.. God is the king of all kings... meaning there are still kings on earth and God is their king... your villa get king na just like mine. and you are the king in this context....
Excuzeme:

Abeg, dont put "sin" on my head o!

Give any and all glory to God almighty.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
That will be Nice, I heard those ppl do a lot of crazy finishes....coupled with their weather and stuffs.... with availability of funds.....lets see pls
agarawu23:
[/b] later in the evening, I will show pictures of what I noticed Arabs used in their house and the thickness will shock u cos I never see am for naija before.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
diordaves:

Kindly throw more light on your Terrazzo experience. Were you happy with the outcome? What's the size of the project? Did you need to buy materials or just pay and deliver? What's the time frame normally? When was the project done and where? Are the contractors grounded enough to work away from their base?

Yes I was happy with it. We did about 3 govt primary schools, 1 lecture theater in Polytechnic Ibadan and a factory.
No materials bought. Its all in. Time frame is 3 weeks for a good polishing job. Done over the past 3 years. Working away from base depends on size of project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Now what kind go Egun would I be if I go off and drink all those Oyinbo stuff grin
I always have ogidi emu in the fridge.

Aha! True, true o. Emu ope (Oguro) is one of the best... and if you are in the North then there Burukutu..

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
How true is this story o?

EFCC have charged Monan trading company and others including Mrs. Moji Yakubu for forgery of deed of assignment and the stealing of Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resources Limited’s land in Sango Tedo, Eti-Osa LG, Lagos State.
This is the culmination of a long drawn battle between the plot owners on one hand, and Monan trading company alongside some disgruntled family members (Omoniles) who allegedly aided the alleged forgery and resale of lands already sold and possessed by legitimate plot owners from Legal Partnership Consult, the authentic attorney to Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resouces Limited.
It has been a long walk to seek justice but we, plot owners, have faith that justice, equity and fairness will prevail. We have pursued legitimate route to address the matter and have also warned members of the public not to buy stolen lands from Monan.
In the course of such warnings, we encountered many attacks from the foot soldiers of Monan trading company, even on Nairaland. A respected lawyer on Nairaland is one of them.
Please see Punch report of the proceedings at the last hearing of the case. Case has been adjourned to 11th February for arraignment.

http://www.punchng.com/court-challenges-efcc-on-n800m-land-theft-charges/

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
3strike:

EFCC have charged Monan trading company and others including Mrs. Moji Yakubu for forgery of deed of assignment and the stealing of Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resources Limited’s land in Sango Tedo, Eti-Osa LG, Lagos State.
This is the culmination of a long drawn battle between the plot owners on one hand, and Monan trading company alongside some disgruntled family members (Omoniles) who allegedly aided the alleged forgery and resale of lands already sold and possessed by legitimate plot owners from Legal Partnership Consult, the authentic attorney to Oyetubo Joko Tade Estate Resouces Limited.
It has been a long walk to seek justice but we, plot owners, have faith that justice, equity and fairness will prevail. We have pursued legitimate route to address the matter and have also warned members of the public not to buy stolen lands from Monan.
In the course of such warnings, we encountered many attacks from the foot soldiers of Monan trading company, even on Nairaland. A respected lawyer on Nairaland is one of them.
Please see Punch report of the proceedings at the last hearing of the case. Case has been adjourned to 11th February for arraignment.

There we go again......no body won comment cos una no won get banned grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 5:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
3strike:

........Spreads mat with guguru, ekpa, suya and kilishi grin cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by crisisng: 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Na wah o.
Wetin you expect? Abi you think say lawyer no need money too?

All na allegations so far so until proven guilty we go give the lawyer benefit of doubt but pls make una remember say no smoke without fire

3strike:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
3strike:

1) For some of us the threat of Omo Onile is real, according to my Lawyer and I quote "the best way to secure land in Nigeria is possession, fence your land and install a gate, put up a small BQ and put a tenant in there until you're ready to build the main house".

2) Anyone can allege anything, even in a court of law

Whichever Lawyer on NL is insinuated will respond on here I am sure.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oga Excuzeme

The email as requested is mavandco@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Excuzeme:

I like to give everyone, the benefit of doubt.

I understand where you are coming from but you have been patient for over three months, according to your statement...... a few days will not "kill" you. Exercise more Patience please.

I am hoping we can do this in a way that "everyone" feels they have won. No Losers.
I understand the "philosophy of Ego" as it applies to the later generation, especially we Africans.

The "Elders" have waded-in, Brabus has promised to surprise all of us.... we can only not try to second-guess him.
In everyman, there is a very "good part", .... no matter how bad some think the person is.

Fingers crossed, again! wink Please be Patient.

Where is that Email, l mentioned Please? We Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the Worst.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Arnoldfish:
That will be Nice, I heard those ppl do a lot of crazy finishes....coupled with their weather and stuffs.... with availability of funds.....lets see pls
Good evening house

I don't know the English name sha but I know they aren't tiles, marbles or granite. They are locally made.

Very strong and durable.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
3strike:

My usual account was just banned because of the IPOB Pikins grin grin.

Barrister must defend himself in front of the elders. All na allegation. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
@3strike,
Pls can I have your tiler contact details?my Togolese man travelled and I don't know when he's coming back.

Cheers mate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
brabus:
Opinion Takers

I want to ditch the tiles. I wanna consider the alternatives (vinyl, laminated floor, carpet tiles, custom rugs, hardwood flooring, hardscape, etc). What are the drawbacks?

Let's discuss!

My Concern: I'm just sick and tired of doing things the conventional way. Why must it be tiles? What happened to paladina, terrazzo, marble flooring? What happened to stone works? Are we so lazy now? Could dearth of skilled professionals be the reason?

It's interesting you raised this topic,am changing my floor here on Monday to 12mm laminated floor from carpet(rug),I'll post pics after.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
mavverick:
Oga Excuzeme

The email as requested is mavandco@gmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Oga Maverick.

I will reach you ASAP.

Cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sprumbaba:

My usual account was just banned because of the IPOB Pikins grin grin.

Barrister must defend himself in front of the elders. All na allegation. grin grin

Rofl @IPOB pikins! grin grin grin

It's like saying "You dont believe there was a Holocaust",..... you get jailed for just holding that "OPINION"! shocked shocked

Its gotten that bad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
agarawu23:
Good evening house

I don't know the English name sha but I know they aren't tiles, marbles or granite. They are locally made.

Very strong and durable.

Tell us the name you know, ..the any language you know it, we will try to translate it to English so we can all benefit.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
3strike:

Not really, house members have other things to do moreso, one needs to read, cross-check stated facts/opinions so as to make an informed contribution or do you just want us to write "First to comment"? grin grin

Anyway, a line caught my attention there:

The suspects, who allegedly committed the offence in 2013, were also accused of forging several documents to facilitate the alleged theft.

They were accused of forging a Deed of Assignment dated April 28, 2013 “with the intent that it may, in any way, be used or acted upon as genuine to prejudice another person.”

The anti-graft agency, in the 11 counts filed against the suspects, claimed that the suspects violated, among others, sections 279 (1)(2), 278(1)(a) and 258(1) and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011.

This is exactly 'one of the angles' l am focused on.

My interest was on the fact that "Producing a document (APPROVAL/ DEED), which is PRESENTED to IMITATE an Original document (from Govt authorities), meant to deceive another party (Maverick/ Joko Tade Estates) as to its "Originality", intentionally or otherwise, such that it may be used or acted upon as GENUINE, prejudice to a third party" (Maverick/ Joko Tade Estates) !

I hope l am not the only one seeing a very close similarity here between the Maverick "Forged/Fake Approval" and this particular case?
undecided undecided

This matter better be resolved amicable and immediately before it is too late.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
euromilion:
@3strike,
Pls can I have your tiler contact details?my Togolese man travelled and I don't know when he's coming back.

Cheers mate.

Baba make i no take the tiler spoil our friendship on NL o. I cant give you those idiot's Number o. You go think say they send them from hell ni.....But God pass them sha.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Excuzeme:

Not really, house members have other things to do moreso, one needs to read, cross-check stated facts/opinions so as to make an informed contribution or do you just want us to write "First to comment"? grin grin

Anyway, a line caught my attention there:

This is exactly 'one of the angles' l am focused on.

My interest was on the fact that "Producing a document (APPROVAL/ DEED), which is PRESENTED to IMITATE an Original document (from Govt authorities), meant to deceive another party (Maverick/ Joko Tade Estates) as to its "Originality", intentionally or otherwise, such that it may be used or acted upon as GENUINE, prejudice to a third party" (Maverick/ Joko Tade Estates) !

I hope l am not the only one seeing a very close similarity here between the Maverick "Forged/Fake Approval" and this particular case?
undecided undecided

This matter better be resolved amicable and immediately before it is too late.

Why do you think I posted it if there wasn't close similarity? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
For anyone else that tracks the development in their neighborhood, at least in Ibadan, Google Maps has a new update.

So go and check out your hood.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
3strike:

Baba make i no take the tiler spoil our friendship on NL o. I cant give you those idiot's Number o. You go think say they send them from hell ni.....But God pass them sha.

No problems my man,I may've to wait for him then.it's so hard to find nice and trustworthy artisan in naija these days.

Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TLAX: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Now back to garage houses for a moment. NL has proved to be a fertile ground to grow ideas and explore imaginations.....speaking for myself.

1. I developed an interest in garage houses after going through Egunmogaji's thread on same. See here: https://www.nairaland.com/2847494/construction-2-bedroom-garage-apartment

2. I consulted Nairaland's own Abdulwastecx (one of the nominees on this thread for NL awards grin) to explore possibilities given certain constraints

3. The following is the outcome

Next Steps: Guru's in the house, put una mouth for this matter.....make we allow Maverick and Brabus rest small grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
TLAX:
Now back to garage houses for a moment. NL has proved to be a fertile ground to grow ideas and explore imaginations.....speaking for myself.

1. I developed an interest in garage houses after going through Egunmogaji's thread on same. See here: https://www.nairaland.com/2847494/construction-2-bedroom-garage-apartment

2. I consulted Nairaland's own Abdulwastecx (one of the nominees on this thread for NL awards grin) to explore possibilities given certain constraints

Next Steps: Guru's in the house, put una mouth for this matter.....make we allow Maverick and Brabus rest small grin

Good. But I will edit the bathroom to be accessible to both the Livingroom and the bedroom not just from the bedroom.
I am sure whoever is lives there will accept guest..

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TLAX: 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
mufutau55:

Good. But I will edit the bathroom to be accessible to both the Livingroom and the bedroom not just from the bedroom.
I am sure whoever is lives there will accept guest..

Hajji M.

You are on point! With limited space for swing doors, i am sure those barn doors i saw on this thread earlier will come in handy. I figure at best one swing door and one barn door will work. Got to figure out how to position it so that the entrance won't have to be through the kitchen.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
TLAX:

You are on point! With limited space for swing doors, i am sure those barn doors i saw on this thread earlier will come in handy. I figure at best one swing door and one barn door will work. Got to figure out how to position it so that the entrance won't have to be through the kitchen.

On my plan by Darynex, I will be using a single barn door in the kitchen.

If you really want to plan, you can just download SketchUp and build your exact model like I did for mine.

This will let you play around with space and stuff. Since your's is elevated then you have greater opportiunity to shift non load bearing wall.

PS: Please excuse my SketchUp work, I'm not quite AbdulWastecx just a simple and humble Hospital Information Manager grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
@Maverick!

Do check your Email.

I left a message for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
you can try my tiler, he's trustworthy to me, dunno if he will be trustworthy to you too...He's togolesse too...and if the area is not big, he might either be quite expensive or starts acting willie willie
euromilion:

No problems my man,I may've to wait for him then.it's so hard to find nice and trustworthy artisan in naija these days.

Thanks anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 07, 2016
TLAX:

Sorry, some other thoughts.

The steps seems overly grand for such a small structure. Consider a single flight or spiral staircase. You can also cantilever out about 2 feet from each side and get a little bit more space on the second floor.

Depending on the situation on the lot you may want to add a small cantilever balcony.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okikigsm: 4:27am On Feb 07, 2016
pls can somebody suggest the cheapest form of roofing.my building approaching this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Godisgreatest1, FemiHKE(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.