Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:53 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4481034 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
omanzo02:

If you didn't have those brands then you felt like the gods of precision haven't answered your prayer.... Those brands are technical drawing icons and still exist till date.

My favorite is 0.5mm which gives a lot more precise line.

I still have over 10 set in the family house. I intend having them and my 1.8m drawing board in the new NextHome office.
I’ll call the corner “Ancient and Modern” grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2020
n3xt:

My favorite is 0.5mm which gives a lot more precise line.

I still have over 10 set in the family house. I intend having them and my 1.8m drawing board in the new NextHome office.
I’ll call the corner “Ancient and Modern” grin grin

You better keep them well, Those are precious educational souvenir..... students and folks of these day don't value legacy anymore......now a Faber Castell grafic set of platinum pencil would cost you about 150k.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
adanny01:

You will need a security door to your stair case then.

You’ve got it Boss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
omanzo02:

You better keep them well, Those are precious educational souvenir..... students and folks of these day don't value legacy anymore...... now a Faber Castell grafic set of platinum pencil would cost you about 150k.

You don’t mean it. Most of the CAD generation don’t even know what it is.

It seems you’re in the line.

Perspective and Elevation Drawings just came to mind now. Before 3D, there’s freehand perspective drawing grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
Before CAD...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2020
n3xt:

You don’t mean it. Most of the CAD generation don’t even know what it is.

It seems you’re in the line.

Perspective and Elevation Drawings just came to mind now. Before 3D, there’s perspective drawing grin

For real, those brands produced for all level of educational sectors.....the professional sectors especially art and grafic cost a fortune.....those brands contributed immensely toward technological education and advancement of western Europe hence they are always patronised. They have made a name.
I got my son that iconic Staedtler metal mathematical set but he preferred something fancy, I got him the fancy one but it didn't last long, nobody ask him to pick up old good Staedtler.
Sure! I am into electromechanical.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I disagree with this definition. At least from an American perspective. A walk in closet has nothing to do with a toilet.
ahah toilet indeed ahahah, I think its the name closet that's throwing em off ahaha

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:05pm On Sep 11, 2020
n3xt:
Before CAD...
We still have those boards at work......I find them very useful if i want spread installation or circuit drawings......seeing what those guy used before and after all the world wars to advance technology gives me chills what must be going on in their heads.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adaba0803(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2020
Pls dm me if you have house for sale anywhere in Lagos mainland For 20m to 25m Very urgent.... 08118888592
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2020
omanzo02:

We still have those boards at work......I find them very useful if i want to spread installation or circuit drawings......seeing what those guy used before and after all the world wars to advance technology gives me chills what must be going on in their heads.

It was hell bro... I have to take a course in steel detailing and workshop drawings. It was a real nightmare. Thanks to revit structures, prota and others

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Question for rental flat owners.

Where did you locate the prepaid meters, centrally or by the units?

For those with solar power, where did you place the equipment, inside the unit or outside?

I thank you in advance.
it placed outside the flat.

Solar panel equipment inside the house close to the junction box
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2020
skup008:

It not interlock ma. It is the new innovation that has more advantages over interlocking.

And yes the price is per square meter.

Thanks.
How much is it per square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
abdulwastecx:

It was hell bro... I have to take a course in steel detailing and workshop drawings. It was a real nightmare. Thanks to revit structures, prota and others

Manipulating those lines, angles and arcs can be nerve racking, above that you must memorised all symbols and represent all sections accordingly (whether solid or cut through)..... This generation are so lucky, CAD programs like ZWCAD, ZW3D, CADPROFI and ZWBRO has made it more easier as long you understand what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2020
Ibk2020:

Please how much can you get me a good floor plan only?

giving you a good floor plan is not a problem. I need to know what you want precisely coupled with your survey plan or site measurement.
I can't do floor plan only, there must be elevations even if it's at a relatively friendly amount
you can send your brief(what u want) to me via WhatsApp or mail n we take it further from there Sir/ma
+234-7081911211
slankonsassociates@gmail.com.

cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

One neighbor here was robbed. They woke up to find out that they slept all through a burglary. Money kept amin the same room they were in and electronics were taken. [b]The 3 Rottweilers slept too and vet had to attend to those as they were comatose. [/b]Was it voodoo or some sort of sleeping gas? I don’t know but I think if it was a duplex the perps would have had a tougher time.

Oga Egun, you no go kill persin o. smiley

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga Egun, you no go kill persin o. smiley

Hajji M.

Baba, the thing shook me as I rely heavily on my Dobermans as my second level of defense.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Baba, the thing shook me as I rely heavily on my Dobermans as my second level of defense.

They didn't even give them any meat to entice them.
May be nah Tse-Tse fly did it. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
Life is getting better now because of software.
That is one of the reason why other professional will tell you he/she can produce architectural drawing for you! Software has cause so many ahit for architect(although you will notice the difference when they present the drawings grin)
n3xt:
Before CAD...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
This isgrin too funny grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

They should bark enough to wake you up! But if they too fell asleep to the point the Vet had to be call? That one is strong juju ooo angry grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2020
Abolarin91:
That is one of the reason why other professional will tell you he/she can produce architectural drawing for you! Software has cause so many ahit for architect(although you will notice the difference when they present the drawings grin)

CAM is more intriguing! Human has perfected Artificial Intelligence to utmost precision.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2020
check out our project page..

Electrical
cctv
whole house audio system
Electric fence
fire alarm

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/weve-been-busy-electrical-cctv
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:45am On Sep 12, 2020
omanzo02:

CAM is more intriguing! Human has perfected Artificial Intelligence to utmost precision.

Yep!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:53am On Sep 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

In my opinion a duplex is part of the foundation that I seek for my ultimate protection.

Baba, have you forgotten about our safe room discussion few years ago?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by poseidonsaiz(m): 3:06am On Sep 12, 2020
Just a friendly reminder, fam.

We fabricate all sizes of block moulding machine. Mostly the egg laying type.
Our machines can produce various types of hollow blocks, solid bricks, interlocks, pavers, and curbstones, etc.
It also has functions avoiding mechanical accidents caused by operational mistakes;
Uses multi-shaft rotating and compulsory feeding, which greatly improves the density and intensity of the blocks, and reduces the feeding time as well.
Fabrication time takes 4weeks.
You can call or Whatsapp us on 07011561993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlCFWXp52c

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:11am On Sep 12, 2020
Abolarin91:

Building Design is an ART and Science.
Knowing what you are doing is Paramount.

Same CAD software can be used by another to what is not feasible while another can use It to do what is near perfection.

Its out personalities. Not software alone. The individual behind the scene is key. Understanding the softwares and the principles of architecture and bringing the two into sync is key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:12am On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

Baba, have you forgotten about our safe room discussion few years ago?

I do have a fortified safe room now but after living here for almost two years straight I know that a duplex is safer. For me and how I operate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:57am On Sep 12, 2020
omanzo02:

Manipulating those lines, angles and arcs can be nerve racking, above that you must memorised all symbols and represent all sections accordingly (whether solid or cut through)..... This generation are so lucky, CAD programs like ZWCAD, ZW3D, CADPROFI and ZWBRO has made it more easier as long you understand what you are doing.

That is one reason we should appreciate the work of those who designed and built our National Monuments (National Theatre, Cocoa House, NECOM Building (NET), Cathedral at CMS, Mapo Hall, Adebisi’s Building in Ibadan and many others.

They’re the real G.O.A.T

Pic 1: The 99 Room Adebisi’s Building, Ibadan built in 1927
Pic 2: National Theatre, Lagos

______
These are the things I’m exposed to at early age. In my late 20s, I joined the Late former Vice President and the former President of NIA, Chief Alex Ekwueme’s team, 1919 Properties and we worked on so many multi-dwelling and mixed-use developments in highbrow Ikoyi, Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Engrisaac(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2020
Any available experienced tiler in the house? Please do send me a message if your charges are reasonable. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skup008(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2020
Leezah:
How much is it per square meter

Per square meter.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (3689) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.