Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,456 members, 7,846,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4468173 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) ... (3686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

You don’t mean it. Most of the CAD generation don’t even know what it is.

It seems you’re in the line.

Perspective and Elevation Drawings just came to mind now. Before 3D, there’s freehand perspective drawing grin

My 1st 3ds using the projection method was in 97/98...... the method stock like 1+1

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2020
saydfact:

My 1st 3ds using the projection method was in 97/98...... the method stock like 1+1

You’re an elder grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

You’re an elder grin

not really - just early interest grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2020
Nero2424:
Any available experienced tiler in the house? Please do send me a message if your charges are reasonable. Thanks

I’m not a tiler but in our firm (Rotech building concept / Arbo Contractor Ltd ).
We handle construction work/finishing work such as tiling, painting etc.
Our charges are moderate.

Few of our finishing work pics below
You can also check the link below for more pics .

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-finishings-work-i.etilingkitchen-setup

08066619493 call and whatzap

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:55am On Sep 12, 2020
saydfact:

not really - just early interest grin grin grin

This explains a lot.

I give you 5 star for all the excellent contributions so far.

Check out these hot topics by saydfact

DIY: Calculating Materials Needed For Beam And Slab (decking)
https://www.nairaland.com/6099160/how-calculate-materials-needed-beam

DIY: Calculating The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types
https://www.nairaland.com/5420029/how-calculate-quantity-tiles-needed

Converting PDFs to AutoCAD
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2020
rotecch77:

I’m not a tiler but in our firm (Rotech building concept / Arbo Contractor Ltd ).
We handle construction work/finishing work such as tiling, painting etc.
Our charges are moderate.

Few of our finishing work pics below
You can also check the link below for more pics .

https://www.nairaland.com/4269104/showcasing-finishings-work-i.etilingkitchen-setup

08066619493 call and whatzap

I’ll rather work with a reputable company like yours than pick a tiler on the street.
It saves you from headaches and unnecessary worries.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timberwolves(m): 10:00am On Sep 12, 2020
H

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

This explains a lot.

I give you 5 star for all the excellent contributions so far.

Check out these hot topics by saydfact

DIY: Calculating Materials Needed For Beam And Slab (decking)
https://www.nairaland.com/6099160/how-calculate-materials-needed-beam

DIY: Calculating The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types
https://www.nairaland.com/5420029/how-calculate-quantity-tiles-needed

Converting PDFs to AutoCAD

THANKS BOSS.... Appreciate

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

That is one reason we should appreciate the work of those who designed and built our National Monuments (National Theatre, Cocoa House, NECOM Building (NET), Cathedral at CMS, Mapo Hall, Adebisi’s Building in Ibadan and many others.

They’re the real G.O.A.T

Pic 1: The 99 Room Adebisi’s Building, Ibadan built in 1927
Pic 2: National Theatre, Lagos

______
These are the things I’m exposed to at early age. In my late 20s, I joined the Late former Vice President and the former President of NIA, Chief Alex Ekwueme’s team, 1919 Properties and we worked on so many multi-dwelling and mixed-use developments in highbrow Ikoyi, Lagos.

Those were natural talents, architecture were way different and complex than now, and their results have stood the test of time with minimal signs of wear and tear and their durability and substances still rivals modern builds.

Pic1. It's a friend family house that was built in 18th century, it still stands today, look just look at those thick walls..... that's how they overcame harsh winters and summer (warm in winter and cooler in summer)

I appreciate modern technology but I can't resist the curiousity of visiting and getting to learn and understanding how everything started and what they went through to get humanity this far.....it took me to Mercedes (undisputed Daimler - Benz) in Stuttgart where automobile started and Ferrari in Italy who turned the heat up. Like they all agreed, it was not just about making money but National and personal PRIDE.

While we still scramble for petrol and diesel cars others are already moving past that stage and making electric cars the new normal.
Pic2. Mercedes
Pic3. Volkswagen
Pic3. Dashboard of Tesla.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:28am On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

I’ll rather work with a reputable company like yours than pick a tiler on the street.
It saves you from headaches and unnecessary worries.

Thanks bro, I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2020
You are not wrong
Dennis3D:

Building Design is an ART and Science.
Knowing what you are doing is Paramount.

Same CAD software can be used by another to what is not feasible while another can use It to do what is near perfection.

Its out personalities. Not software alone. The individual behind the scene is key. Understanding the softwares and the principles of architecture and bringing the two into sync is key.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2020
Yes!
omanzo02:

CAM is more intriguing! Human has perfected Artificial Intelligence to utmost precision.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2020
Ojo ti pe gaan o? shocked[uote author=saydfact post=93836768]

My 1st 3ds using the projection method was in 97/98...... the method stock like 1+1[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:24am On Sep 12, 2020
omanzo02:

Those were natural talents, architecture were way different and complex than now, and their results have stood the test of time with minimal signs of wear and tear and their durability and substances still rivals modern builds.

Pic1. It's a friend family house that was built in 18th century, it still stands today, look just look at those thick walls..... that's how they overcame harsh winters and summer (warm in winter and cooler in summer)

I appreciate modern technology but I can't resist the curiousity of visiting and getting to learn and understanding how everything started and what they went through to get humanity this far.....it took me to Mercedes (undisputed Daimler - Benz) in Stuttgart where automobile started and Ferrari in Italy who turned the heat up. Like they all agreed, it was not just about making money but National and personal PRIDE.

While we still scramble for petrol and diesel cars others are already moving past that stage and making electric cars the new normal.
Pic2. Mercedes
Pic3. Volkswagen
Pic3. Dashboard of Tesla.

This is for Bro Dangote!

While Elon Musk is disrupting the ecosystem with solar roofs, electric cars and hyperloop, Dangote is building another refinery.

The future started yesterday and we are already late.
The days of brick and mortar is long gone but here we are stucked with vernacular architecture.

____
A couple of diasporans are doing great already tho. The solar market is performing well with lots of new entrants into the market.
I cannot but commend the Greenlight Planet’s customer service team.

Pic 1&2: SunKing Home 120 Energy Hub provides solar power in off-grid homes and emergency situations. Beside my generator, inverter and solar system, I kept one of this for emergency situations.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
for your roofing woods and roofing materials contact me
https://www.nairaland.com/4103704/get-timber-plank-roofing-cheaper
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 1:53pm On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

This is for Bro Dangote!

While Elon Musk is disrupting the ecosystem with solar roofs, electric cars and hyperloop, Dangote is building another refinery.

The days of brick and mortar is long gone but here we are stucked with vernacular architecture.

____
A couple of diasporans are doing great already tho. The solar market is performing well with lots of new entrants into the market.

Pic 1&2: SunKing Home 120 Energy Hub provides solar power in off-grid homes and emergency situations. Beside my generator, inverter and solar system, I kept one of this for emergency situations.

Most refinery are gradually diversifying to industrial chemicals production, I wonder where he will sell or import to, Toyota already stopped production of diesel engine in Europe and all their models now come with half electric and half petrol of minimum Euro6+ engine specifications, 2021 will be a crucial turning point that will see rapid phasing out of combustion engine etc.
Dangote is just being pressured to build those refineries, a smart business man knows the future of Petrol and diesel is bleak, unless he has plan to diversify into industrial chemicals in the future.

I wonder what guide our policies makers decision to embrace outdated, expensive and environmentally unfriendly project.

Could you imagine the amount of energy we could generate if we set up windmills and solar panels energy parks on land and sea? Yeah! I remember, We couldn't because politicians still consider it a complex rocket science......and there are quiet Nigerian professionals all over the world that could make it work back home with the RIGHT SUPPORT.

Soon here, home glass windows will be generating solar power.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
omanzo02:

Most refinery are gradually diversifying to industrial chemicals production, I wonder where he will sell or import to, Toyota already stopped production of diesel engine in Europe and all their models now come with half electric and half petrol of minimum Euro6+ engine specifications, 2021 will be a crucial turning point that will see rapid phasing out of combustion engine etc.
Dangote is just being pressured to build those refineries, a smart business man knows the future of Petrol and diesel is bleak, unless he has plan to diversify into industrial chemicals in the future.

I wonder what guide our policies makers decision to embrace outdated, expensive and environmentally unfriendly project.

Could you imagine the amount of energy we could generate if we set up windmills and solar panels energy parks on land and sea? Yeah! I remember, We couldn't because politicians still consider it a complex rocket science..... and there are quiet Nigerian professionals all over the world that could make it work back home with the RIGHT SUPPORT.

Soon here, home glass windows will be generating solar power.

SOS!!!

I want to go completely off grid and show more people it could be done.
We’ve learnt to survive without Ministry of Water Resources. We can achieve the same with the Ministry of Mines & Power.

I’ll share a video of a project that’s completely off grid shortly. I hope I’m able to find it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

This is for Bro Dangote!

____

This is one of my best sellers.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I know Baba must have it. I’ll come and steal it grin
Interestingly some people will see your stuffs/ideas and won’t know what to make of them grin

I really love exploring great ideas.

I actually bought the device because I want to tear it down, see what’s inside and explore building affordable solar powered kiosk with integrated connectivity equipment & electrical appliances for productive use.

If I have irresponsible parents (I’m actually referring to our leaders and policy makers in this context), my job is not to tell everyone how irresponsible theyre but to make a difference.

We should always think of those who can eat but have no food (the poorest of the poor).

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria! Respect To Those Of Us Making It Work In Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
while solar and wind sources are here and the future but huge investment is needed . femi otedola already DE-invested in oil and investing in power energy.again america do have many functional refineries...Targa Resources just built new one in Texas...even Marathon Oil in Garyville, Louisiana. building brand new to add to their existing capacity ...dont forget the Dakota access pipelines ...even with huge disruptions..it is still oil ...investment and leaders with foresight .

n3xt:

This is for Bro Dangote!

____

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2020
dongc:
while solar and wind sources are here and the future but huge investment is needed . femi otedola already DE-invested in oil and investing in power energy.again america do have many functional refineries...Targa Resources just built new one in Texas...even Marathon Oil in Garyville, Louisiana. building brand new to add to their existing capacity ...dont forget the Dakota access pipelines ...even with huge disruptions..it is still oil ...investment and leaders with foresight .

this is what I know,oil will power greater part of this century and even some part of next century too. So Dangote refinery and many others springing up will make overhead and still divest to chemical productions. Remember that Dangote is also producing fertilizers too. If UK is still using coal, many countries will still need petrol and diesel

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timberwolves(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
who ever thinks Dangote is late in his refinery investment does not know what he's saying, do you think oil consumption gonna stop in the near future? My brother wake up oo, stop dreaming, think for yourself, don't let someone do it for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
dongc:

Valid!

However, history has proven to us that period of crisis are often when structural changes accelerate.
The demand for oil is already slowing down before covid and the pandemic seems to have pushed it into a new era. For example, FGN can no longer subsidies fuel, electricity.

Some things will definitely remain the same for a while especially now that activities are resuming (Dangote Refinery, Targa, Marathon and the likes) but investors must be prepared for a flatter growth outlook post-covid.

A combination of weaker economies, changes in consumer behaviour, and government policies could/may put a brake on oil consumption for many years.

This is going to affect a lot of things.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
Go stock up on cement if you have projects next week.

If you can find it, if, it’s N3K.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Go stock up on cement if you have projects next week.

If you can find it, if, it’s N3K.
All is well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
They all know...The rich guys pay heavily to financial planner or investment planners.., they pay people to for see things .the breaking point lies always should we go ahead now or not .off course oil prices were tanking before Covid due opec crisis and many new players with too much oil . again Americans have not been dropping alot lately on those countries...go big or go home ..i wont say a word about subsidy fraud...

all our systems are just way overboard.. just yesterday i had four different government agencies queuing up inside my house .for what exactly borehole drilling .

n3xt:

Valid!

However, history has proven to us that period of crisis are often when structural changes accelerate.
The demand for oil is already slowing down before covid and the pandemic seems to have pushed it into a new era. For example, FGN can no longer subsidies fuel, electricity.

Some things will definitely remain the same for a while especially now that activities are resuming (Dangote Refinery, Targa, Marathon and the likes) but investors must be prepared for a flatter growth outlook post-covid.

A combination of weaker economies, changes in consumer behaviour, and government policies could/may put a brake on oil consumption for many years.

This is going to affect a lot of things.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
Dangbese is coming with big blow....

Antisparm you can continue to ban me, am not surprised...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
michlins:
this is what I know,oil will power greater part of this century and even some part of next century too. So Dangote refinery and many others springing up will make overhead and still divest to chemical productions. Remember that Dangote is also producing fertilizers too. If UK is still using coal, many countries will still need petrol and diesel

It's unlikely oil will power this century to a greater extent,......the gradual exit have started.... Europe have already set the pace in banning certain goods that drive the oil industry (petrol & diesel vehicles) and setting timetable to phase-out some nuclear power reactors.......increase awareness and economic benefits are gradually increasing electric vehicle purchase... ...granted America and Asia will lag behind but would eventually keyed in due to policies changes of trading partners or risk loosing market share to China.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2020
n3xt:

Valid!

Nigeria is too docile for changes and capitalising on opportunities...... COVID-19 would have been a good cover up to penetrate some countries and acquisitions for our own development. China have identified weaknesses and are going hard to acquire ailing and cash strap investment and products. See what has become of them after acquiring some high techs products over the years......they have the money in hand and others need it to survive and they acquired modern 'how to' from it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2020
Granite & Cement hit on high level Sept 15

Gbas gbos...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) (1604) ... (3686) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: psychologist(m), truthbetold22, mexxy1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.