Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386690 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Badgers14:

undecided

Let me share with you how we decide the number of bathroom in a house.

valencia2012 already shared one few pages back https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1635#94140563

There’s an open space on my gate/generator house which I had no plans for.
On a particular occasion, we had a party and some guys found their way to roof top to groove and enjoy themselves.

Getting to the roof top, one of the guys told me “Bros, I think you should have a toilet and a very high rail here o so that when we are charged up we won’t be jumping from the rooftop to the ground or peeing on people downstairs.”

If making everyone comfortable is my goal then that advice sounds novel - even though it’s coming from the high one. grin

The big question remains how many time do I throw such party? Do I really need it? Will the house still be functional without it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I think I've followed That road to Shimawa before

Been a while though

It's a bushy path
Likosi is lively and development had increase in that axis , safe for the road that's not tiled .
Adrons homes has about two estate at likosi now and there's electricity .
Am currently developing my personal property there too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:

Let me share with you how we decide the number of bathroom in a house.

valencia2012 already shared one few pages back https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1635#94140563

There’s an open space on my gate/generator house which I had no plans for.
On a particular occasion, we had a party and some guys found their way to roof top to groove and enjoy themselves.

Getting to the roof top, one of the guys told me “Bros, I think you should have a toilet and a very high rail here o so that when we are charged up we won’t be jumping from the rooftop to the ground or peeing on people downstairs.”

If making everyone comfortable is my goal then that advice sounds novel - even though it’s coming from the high one. grin

The big question remains how many time do I throw such party? Do I really need it? Will the house still be functional without it?

When I built my house I decided how many bathrooms I wanted to be in the house based on how I wanted to use the house. When I build a rental, I conduct market survey and based on what kind of tenant I want to appeal to, I make that decision.

When you build yours, do whatever rocks your boat grin if you live in place where building is heavily regulated by the government, then follow the established guidelines..

Please no one should quote me on this bathroom issue, I am not feeling fine..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
jiday4:

Likosi is lively and development had increase in that axis , safe for the road that's not tiled .
Adrons homes has about two estate at likosi now and there's electricity .
Am currently developing my personal property there too

I just searched for it in the map

It's stating its in Ibafo

I guess before the Deeper life camp ryt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Pascal2016:

According to him, he said instead of doing normal foundation and still chain it at DPC level, that it will be cheaper to dig only the column base 4feet deep and chaining all the connecting beams with 12mm steel reinforcement and then do DPC afterwards.

I can confirm that the process is cheaper than a strip foundation with chained DPC.
My foundation is similar and its a duplex built by a NL Engineer

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

I still don't understand the immediate economic benefits of that rail line? River Niger and river Benue that could create millions of maritime related jobs and industries has not been accessed they deemed it fit to establish a Rail link to Niger Republic, another misplaced priority!

I could agree with you on that too... but does any Politician's decision ever make sense? As long as they can divert some or most of the fund into their pocket; then it is Ok.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
One4me:

With respect Hajji M, l think you have injected emotions and sentiment into your response and completely missed the point of my post.
I did NOT say Nigeria constructed th Rail INTO Niger Republic.
I did NOT say that 'your brother' was better than Buhari or not. I was not comparing Presidents at all, where did you get that from?

You missed the point and l will repeat it for the upteenth time:

MY POINT was whether it is PRIORITY AT THIS MOMENT, SOUND FINANCIAL INVESTMENT POLICY, COMAPRATIVELY WITH THE CALABAR- LAGOS LINE THAT HAS BEEN ABANDONED FOR LACK OF FUNDS, FACTORING OUR LEAN TREASURY, COVID-RELATED ECONOMIC DOWNTURN, TO APPROVE $2BILLION FOR A RAIL THAT GOES FROM KANO TO THE NIGER REPUBLIC BORDER.

That is my very direct and simple point.
If you think it is a BETTER OPTION, A SOUND FIANCIAL INVESTMENT and a PRIORITY AT THIS POINT, just justify your answer, when you say so.

Apologies to your nerves Sir, but l am not responsible for how you feel for making a submission unrelated to the post/question.
I know there is a difference in the use of the word INTO (to go inisde or enter something) and TO (to touch or reach the edge of something) and you are probably mixing up these two words, hence your reference about ENTERING (into) Niger Republic! grin

Have a nice Sunday Sir.

Ok. I guess I have misread your points. I apologized and beg for your forgiveness. No insult to you is ever intended.
But none of this Politician ever made a decision based on what the masses want anyway... their decision is always based on whatever they can divert to their pocket.
God help us o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

It's Dutch not German! Lol
You mean to be telling me Nigerians value privacy more than other part of the world? Please, let not overrate ourselves, we are very good at rigid solutions and wastage.
From your sum up it will be a complete waste of time to make you see things from a philosophical and flexible creative idea behind functionalities and usefulness.

#Peace

Yes we do for one obvious reason, a Nigerian will get more visitors and squatters than most places in the world because of our 1culture and poverty.

I have 4 sisters-in-law with my wife being the eldest. I honestly can't remember all her aunts by name or location. My house accommodates at least one of them each month.

99% of all visitors to my house are females and friends or relatives of my wife, how comfortable do you think I will be when all these friends and family of my wife are in my house without a second or guest toilet?

I had a Romanian expat bosses, most over 65, their homes are mostly 2 bedroom flats. Their cars not bigger than a Kia Rio. Most have 1-2 grown up children both with grand kids. They never gather under one roof or any of the children's. They go on vacations, visiting resorts, hotels and the likes. Every one on his bills. These men told us they cannot imagine the day their children will ask for money. Even if they will consider, it will be formal with signatures.

This subject was brought up on a salary day (when mobile banking wasn't a thing), my colleagues all took time from office to deposit monies to relatives. They just couldn't understand why "we were giving away our hard earned money".

That's the way they are, no free money or privileges but here, you see grand parents in the house of start ups.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

Slaapkamer 1 - bedroom 1
Slaapkamer 2 - bedroom 2
Woonkamer - living room
Badkamer - bathroom with WC
WC - visitors toilet
Kast - closet
Hal - lobby
Open keuken - open kitchen

Is this Dutch (German)... I like the words.. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
mufutau55:

Is this Dutch (German)... I like the words.. smiley

Hajji M.

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
mank1234:

It's not right to talk down obj for being pan Nigerian.
We should rather be condemning Buhari for his nepotism.
It's not also right for us to continue to directly or indirectly support what is not right.
As a leader in property section, we hold your comments to high esteem.
That rail is not of much economic value compared to others envisaged long ago.

We all have our Political and Politician's expectations Sir.
I don't support either OBJ or Buhari. I am not into politics of any kind, more reason I don't like discussing politics.
I don't hold any of our Politician to higher standard.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
adanny01:

Yes we do for one obvious reason, a Nigerian[b] will get more visitors and squatters than most places in the world because of out culture and poverty[/b].

I have 4 sisters-in-law with my wife being the eldest. I honestly can't remember all her aunts by name or location. My house accommodates at least one of them each month.

99% of all visitors to my house are females and friends or relatives of my wife, how comfortable do you think I will be when all these friends and family of my wife are in my house without a second or guest toilet?

Honestly, getting more visitors or squatters is not an excuse to demand nor a reason to make all room ensuite mandatory to attract potential renters.
Like I mentioned earlier a 2or3 bedroom apartment don't require more than 1 bathroom and 2 toilets to function and guarantee comfort/privacy for all permanent or temporary occupants.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
diordaves:
Niger Republic - Railway - Buhari screaming and shouting discussion.
It is always NOT a good idea to respond to a political topic on this forum. It NEVER ends well. Gentleman and ladies please take on board.
Cc Hajji M.

Thank you Oga mi. I have since said my piece and that response was even a mistake and I have apologized.
No more discussions on this for me o. Thanks.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I salute you for the choice of stairs hardware. I totally detest the chrome stuff that has become popular here.

Good luck on your project.

2nded on that chrome sh, it. I totally detest it, however high pitch /steeple roofs take the cake. I feel like demolishing such structures grin grin grin

Why cant people build simple nice roofs like this grin grin.

Anyway rant over.
Different tastes, just like our tastes in women & music differs.

Balance...in the voice of thanos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
Badgers14:

Please no one should quote me on this bathroom issue, I am not feeling fine..

Oopsssiee.. I’ve done gone and quoted by mistake grin

Egun “Likes To Run With Scissors” Mogaji

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
earthrealm:

2nded on that chrome sh, it. I totally detest it, however high pitch /steeple roofs take the cake. I feel like demolishing such structures grin grin grin

Why cant people build simple nice roofs like this grin grin.

Anyway rant over.
Different tastes, just like our tastes in women & music differs.

Balance...in the voice of thanos

Excuse me Sir please before you step down from the soap box Sir, can you share your thoughts on en-suite and visitors toilets? cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Excuse me Sir please before you step down from the soap box Sir, can you share your thoughts on en-suite and visitors toilets? cheesy

Kind sire,
I already shared my tots several pages ago.

For commercial build, you build according to land cost/projected tenants.
A 2br letting for 1m naira surely deserves all rm ensuite and visitor toilet

2br going for 150k, surely doesnt deserve a visitor toilet, nor ensuite rms

Personal residence, sure deserves a visitor toilet, for a duplex with dual sitting rooms up and down, depending on the quality&volume of projected visitors, then a 2nd visitor toilet may be considered, or such special guests who grace the sitting rm upstairs could use the toilet in the study upstairs as well.

Again, all na taste, me like average woman with well defined curves, some like bony, others hippo. Good for us all........ Balance!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Oopsssiee.. I’ve done gone and quoted by mistake grin

Egun “Likes To Run With Scissors” Mogaji

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Saintdupsie: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Thank you so much for your response.
It is only one kitchen however I requested for one cooker unit and other points for "fridge, microwave etc" and they decided to use two. According to them, other appliances are powerful as well.

Based on your reference, D4 is apparently wrong to use. Meanwhile we paid for a D16. It's time to drag him.

twinskenny:

Never heard of that brand before..

Looking at number if Ac and water Heater you will definitely need a D8 3phase dB

How many kitchen do you have? Why two cooker unit?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nezzjnr:

I just searched for it in the map

It's stating its in Ibafo

I guess before the Deeper life camp ryt
Likosi is far from Ibafo, it's actually after Deeper life camp . The bus stop is Lotto ,then turn left straight up to RCCG New Auditorium
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
jiday4:

Likosi is far from Ibafo, it's actually after Deeper life camp . The bus stop is Lotto ,then turn left straight up to RCCG New Auditorium
Ohhhh
I know Lotto

Actually a straight road down ryt... I know lotto perfectly well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pragmatistm(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hollo people.

Please we are doing a survey on solar energy system in Nigeria. Kindly help us to complete this google form in three minutes.

https://forms.gle/94cPcGWzs9tQDXG99

Thanks for your time.

Kindly help to forward to other groups.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Pompoms:
Hello sir.
Can you share the brand name or picture, please?
Most of the ones I see on Amazon have mixed reviews.

My product is VOSS. A colleague at work (pest control) confirmed the effectiveness of the attached brands.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pragmatistm(m): 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hello people.

There are concerns on why solar energy does not last in Nigeria. Thus we want to find out from Nigerians their opinion on this issue.

Please we are using a survey form on solar energy system in Nigeria. Kindly help us to complete this google form in three minutes. Just click the link below.

https://forms.gle/94cPcGWzs9tQDXG99

Thanks for your time.

Kindly help to forward to other groups.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2020
omanzo02:

Honestly, getting more visitors or squatters is not an excuse to demand nor a reason to make all room ensuite mandatory to attract potential renters.
Like I mentioned earlier a 2or3 bedroom apartment don't require more than 1 bathroom and 2 toilets to function and guarantee comfort/privacy for all permanent or temporary occupants.

Who said anything about mandatory?.

Its always a landlord's choice to build what is affordable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:

Baba if other states are doing what LAGOS state is doing and stop depending so much on FG, we will have decentralize the center.

The skyline is changing very fast in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDP7LSC8yk

Below are proposed.

Don't compare Lagos to other states in Nigeria... Lagos alone is 33 states combine.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
n3xt:
#thisislagos

Picture Credit: Skyscrapercity

Where is this , Inagbe resort ?

Looking for a place for a little R and R
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by xzibukz(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hello everyone.
Pls kindly advise on the proposed floor plan, thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
xzibukz:
Hello everyone.
Pls kindly advise on the proposed floor plan, thanks.

look good except that your sitting room chairs backing the main entrance door

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
we are current in abeokuta for whole house, cctv, fire alarm, intercom & video door bell installations

check our thread for progress prictures

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/24
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
twinskenny:

look good except that your sitting room chairs backing the main entrance door

I am sure it will be re-arrange to back long wall to face the dinning area when the building is completed.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1650) (1651) (1652) (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.