Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4434685 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I hear you loud and clear. Lots of reaching around goes on in Nigeria over real estate sales. Hyper overhyping cool

In the USA we have MLS where all the active real estate listings and sales are listed on. With this a good Realtor will be able to calculate going prices for property in an area in any corner of the USA. Things like closeness to fire station, school district rating, public transport, shopping, etc go in to factor the going $ per square foot. In Nigeria I haven't found this. No one knows. I'm selling a property in Ijebu Ode as an example and all I have to go by i just intuition.

So me I don't participate in that tomfoolery I just go out to the suburbs and buy land in wholesale. I've never bought any land over N500K in Nigeria and I use that as a baseline. Some plots I bought in Elebu, Ibadan for N500K are now selling for N6.5M. These are facts that I know first hand.

As always. What I post is not a bible, just my opinion and doesn't mean its the only way.

N500k land no be land? grin

Land Flipping vs Every Other Real Estate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
ollykay619:
Good day everyone,

Please I am looking to buy land in ibadan, I don't know ibadan very much, but my aim is to get land in a secure and sane area where. My priority is peace of mind. I don't like where touts can easily go and come and they wish.

Please i need suggestions/advice from the elders in the house.

I am just a young man trying to make a life decision. Make una help me my daddy's on the thread.

Hajji Mufutau55
Egunmogaji2
N3xt and all other elders in the house.
E sanu omo yin o
I dobale o

You might want to look at Ologuneru as Baba Egunmogaji2 suggested. That area is like a hub for fresh starters and closer to where it’s happening in Ibadan (Eleiyele, Idi-Ishin, Jericho, Aleshinloye, Polo Club, Recreations club, etc).

If you want sane and secure with moderate budget, I think that area might be it for now. That’s the closest suburb to city life in Ibadan.

And there are fewer gridlock in that area.

But if you’re a night crawler, you need to watch out for that NIHORT area.

_____
I used to know Ibadan like the back of my hand but not anymore. I left 17 years ago only to return in 2018 and I noticed a lot of things have changed.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zagee: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good day house, please I would love to know the estimated cost for a one storey high with a two bedroom apartment on each level. Foundation - casting - roofing. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
ollykay619:
Good day everyone,

Please I am looking to buy land in ibadan, I don't know ibadan very much, but my aim is to get land in a secure and sane area where. My priority is peace of mind. I don't like where touts can easily go and come and they wish.

Please i need suggestions/advice from the elders in the house.

I am just a young man trying to make a life decision. Make una help me my daddy's on the thread.

Hajji Mufutau55
Egunmogaji2
N3xt and all other elders in the house.
E sanu omo yin o
I dobale o

lot's of areas you can buy from:
*elebu new garage
*akobo/ akobo oju-irin
*ile tuntun area- u can access through jericho-idi ishin/eleyele, nihort

and you can also buy properties for renovation/demolition n rebuild at

bodija (new n old)
bashorun
Akobo
jericho- idi ishin
oluyole and lots more depending on your budget.

you can message or call me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
AngelicBeing:
l stand by all my post and I am not walking back from all l said, I am not responsible for how you comprehend my post

A Somali within Nigeria is pretty clear, no room for ambiguity there. We all know what Somalia is synonymous with and it ain't peaceful coexistence. So you stand by calling Northern Nigeria a war zone yet claiming a lack of comprehension on whatever point you were trying to make, good for you. Wonder why you tried to retract your statement in the first place. Stand by your prejudices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
mufutau55:

Is this Dutch (German)... I like the words.. smiley

Hajji M.
It's Dutch spoken in The Netherlands and Flanders in Belgium. The German language is called Deutsch.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Footstradamus:

A Somali within Nigeria is pretty clear, no room for ambiguity there. We all know what Somalia is synonymous with and it ain't peaceful coexistence. So you stand by calling Northern Nigeria a war zone yet claiming a lack of comprehension on whatever point you were trying to make, good for you. Wonder why you tried to retract your statement in the first place. Stand by your prejudices
Point to anywhere in my original post were l retracted my statement?

I repeat for emphasis sake, Northern Nigeria is like Somalia and Abuja is the only place in the North l can live at the moment , l have no apologies, for my post

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
You are WRONG.
The north is now a killing field. We shouldn't deny that. I am from the north and I currently live in abuja.

Footstradamus:

The bolded, i rest my case

The stereotyping of the north as some blood soaked, war ravaged part of the country is wrong. People live peaceful lives and go about their normal lives there, i would have expected better from someone born there but guess i was wrong

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pascal2016: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
ceelog:

I can confirm that the process is cheaper than a strip foundation with chained DPC.
My foundation is similar and its a duplex built by a NL Engineer
That's exactly what my Engr said, that it's cheaper to do structural foundation with pad instead of doing strip foundation with chained DPC. He told me that he will use 12mm rod to chain it all round including the areas that will carry partition wall and DPC will be done on top of the reinforced beams. He further told me that loads will be transferred via the foundation beams to the pad and the house will be strong.
I am only worried because it's a 2 storey building and I have not seen that before.
I will appreciate more lights on this from the gurus on this platform.
Thank you all for your contributions so far.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
Just ignore him or her. I don't think he is in this country. The painful thing is that when south south was boiling, the elders came out to quell it. When kidnapping was a bizness in d east, the state govts came out to crush it. Here in the north, we are denying that we have issues. Oh my God! Abeg, this is a building thread not political thread so i fem.

AngelicBeing:
Point to anywhere in my original post were l retractrd my statement?

I repeat for emphasis sake, Northern Nigeria is like Somalia and Abuja is the only place in the North l can live at the moment , l have no apologies, for my post

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 5:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Point to anywhere in my original post were l retractrd my statement?

No apologies was demanded, your lily livered response to try to retract your initial statement was what was pointed out. We are all entitled to our opinions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
Mayor78:

Surely a two bedroom with one family bathroom, and one visitors toilet comes highly recommended, provides needed privacy, completely ideal, and provides for better use of space and resources. That wasn't the contention, it is having two bedrooms ensuite without provision for the visitors is what is at issue.

If you agree that a visitors toilet is an essential provision in a two bedroom apartment and not an overkill design, I yield with respect.

I didn't disagree nor contested visitors toilets, I am very conversant with the pattern. I only said 3 toilets and 2 bathroom in a 2 bedroom apartment is an overkill demand/design.....I said I believe with 2 toilets(visitors and family toilets) and 1 bathroom the same apartment can function properly with the necessary comfort and privacy irrespective of outrageous renters/market demand or trying build something unique.
It's a matter of owners choices which I didn't contest either. I am being pragmatic, that is just me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
coldcandy:
You are WRONG.
The north is now a killing field. We shouldn't deny that. I am from the north and I currently live in abuja.

The bolded doesn't mean your opinions are valid.

Boko Haram insurgency is limited to certain areas of the north. Banditry and kidnapping is a national menace.

There is no state in Nigeria called the North. We are discussing 19 states, are you arguing all 19 states are now "killing fields", if so you Sir/Ma are a liar and that is my opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Zagee:
Good day house, please I would love to know the estimated cost for a one storey high with a two bedroom apartment on each level. Foundation - casting - roofing. Thanks

You’ll still need to provide the following:

- Land Size (preferably a survey plan)
- Finishing Level (Basic, Midrange, or Luxury)
- Architectural Plan (a plan is needed to give a realistic budget
- Location (a physical inspection of the land might be required to determine the foundation type)

_____
A 2 bed apartment with midrange finishing on two floors in Lagos will cost about +/- N22,000,000:00
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
Footstradamus:

What exactly do you have against en suite bedrooms? Getting a bit tedious coming on here to see you arguing against the same daily. I thought that chapter was closed when it was pointed out to you it all comes down to choice.

Next thing you know you will be advocating communal baths in each street to minimize cost, doing away with the one bath per house entirely

I think you are missing the point lol.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Pascal2016:

That's exactly what my Engr said, that it's cheaper to do structural foundation with pad/plinth instead of doing strip foundation with chained DPC.
He told me that he will use 12mm rod to chain it all round including the areas that will carry partition wall and DPC will be done on top of the reinforced beams. He further told me that loads will be transferred via the foundation beams to the pad and the house will be strong.
I am only worried because it's a 2 storey building and I have not seen that before.
I will appreciate more lights on this from the gurus on this platform.
Thank you all for your contributions so far.

Like I said mine was a duplex and I did the cost analysis before we took the decision and it was worthwhile. While my land like others around is muddy (laterite) it is hard ground but when it soaks water it swells and dries when it contracts...this my Engr said can cause cracks in foundations seen all around my place using strip.

I brag that my foundation is very solid while my villa people say my house is floating.

I wish Aventures and Abdulwastecx can help confirm if it is suitable for 2 storey but I will advice you contact them privately. They are nice people and will help you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
Footstradamus:

No apologies was demanded, your lily livered response to try to retract your initial statement was what was pointed out. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
Now you are narrowing it to Boko Haram. Oga, ALL 19 states including abuja are now a killing field.
North is north. People use it as it suits their narrative. What is your own narrative?
Why do u find it difficult to accept?
A problem well diagnosed is a problem half solved.

Footstradamus:

The bolded doesn't mean your opinions are valid.

Boko Haram insurgency is limited to certain areas of the north. Banditry and kidnapping is a national menace.

There is no state in Nigeria called the North. We are discussing 19 states, are you arguing all 19 states are now "killing fields", if so you Sir/Ma are a liar and that is my opinion

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
coldcandy:
Just ignore him or her. I don't think he is in this country. The painful thing is that when south south was boiling, the elders came out to quell it. When kidnapping was a bizness in d east, the state govts came out to crush it. Here in the north, we are denying that we have issues. Oh my God! Abeg, this is a building thread not political thread so i fem.

Ok, thanks, l will let it slide for the sanity of this thread, after this response to you l will not dignify him with further responses, even if he quotes me 1trillion times, I hereby activate the ignore button on him cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
coldcandy:
Now you are narrowing it to Boko Haram. Oga, ALL 19 states including abuja are now a killing field.
North is north. People use it as it suits their narrative. What is your own narrative?
Why do u find it difficult to accept?
A problem well diagnosed is a problem half solved.

All 19 states? That is news to me but then again lies are always disguised as facts

Your narrative i guess is you are an embittered southern Kaduna indigene who gets off smearing all Northerners as killers i guess

I generally find lies difficult to digest

Now that's enough of that. Apologies to the building enthusiasts for derailing this thread, I find it hard to keep quiet when people peddle their false narratives. Back to building. Apologies once again

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Michlins:

1. How far for the concrete electric pole molds?

2. Do you "do" water tank stands? Sizes and price range?

/
good evening sir. I totally forgot about the concrete pole stuff that we talked about. Sincerely very sorry.

Yes I do standing tank. What's the height of the building and the number of tanks you want to install. You can hit me up with your details and I will give you my quotation.

Still sorry for not getting back to you about the poles

modified

Here's my contact. Furnish me with the details of the building and I will get you a quotation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

I think you are missing the point lol.

I don't think i am. You argue against properties up for rental having ensuite bedrooms with a visitors toilet, but then willfully ignore the fact that renters are also entitled to taste and generally you can always charge more for a house with all ensuite bathrooms. So far you have not acknowledged any merits of a house having all ensuite bathrooms and your only demerits are cost and overkill.

You actually showed your hand when you agreed with the poster who said "if the tenant has high tastes he should go and build his house" which is an unfortunate mindset to have. Renting doesn't strip an individual of taste.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
You are really shameless. Continue to play the ostrich. The thing u de deny go rich your door soon.
I will not tell you if I am muslim or christian, military or civilian, man or woman, rich or poor. I am from the north. If there is a southern kaduna and a northern kaduna, na you talk am. People like you that creates division for your inordinate gains will soon be found out and judged accordingly.
I love my North!

I REST MY CASE.

Footstradamus:

All 19 states? That is news to me but then again lies are always disguised as facts

Your narrative i guess is you are an embittered southern Kaduna indigene who gets off smearing all Northerners as killers i guess

I generally find lies difficult to digest

Now that's enough of that. Apologies to the building enthusiasts for derailing this thread, I find it hard to keep quiet when people peddle their false narratives. Back to building. Apologies once again

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I'm still going to do it. Even if I have to ask the invitation from Shekau himself.

We are now in your abode...... ibaadannn
The largest city in west Africa
The 1st city to have television station
The second largest city in Africa

The city of Ibadan is naturally drained by four rivers with many tributaries: Ona River in the North and West; Ogbere River towards the East; Ogunpa River flowing through the city and Kudeti River in the Central part of the metropolis. Ogunpa River, a third-order stream with a channel length of 12.76 km and a catchment area of 54.92 km2. Lake Eleyele is located at the northwestern part of the city, while the Osun River and the Asejire Lake bounds the city to the east.

Don’t let’s forget The old settlement area ( brown roof)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
ollykay619:

Thank you sir. I have been in ibadan since March of this year, I am very much on ground. But I don't know places like that and don't really know someone that can take me around.

As for omo onile, that is not the issue, it is a one time thing. My concern is the kind of people that constitute the neighbourhood.

To eliminate that then you have to go to established neighborhoods to do a knock down and rebuild or remodel.

I have issues like that here too in elebu. They’ve turned everywhere to fng shops. And they sell the same and service mostly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Badgers14:

You are a brave soul grin grin

A colleague have been moving mountains for me to move to Nassarawa grin grin I am like, well ehm..... you know ....... grin grin grin grin I might still meander and visit though.. fingers crossed.

You’ll make an excellent politician Sir. You know how to commit uncommittedly cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

It's Dutch spoken in The Netherlands and Flanders in Belgium. The German language is called Deutch.

You meant Deutsch.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Footstradamus:

I don't think i am. You argue against properties up for rental having ensuite bedrooms with a visitors toilet, but then willfully ignore the fact that renters are also entitled to taste and generally you can always charge more for a house with all ensuite bathrooms. So far you have not acknowledged any merits of a house having all ensuite bathrooms and your only demerits are cost and overkill.

You actually showed your hand when you agreed with the poster who said "if the tenant has high tastes he should go and build his house" which is an unfortunate mindset to have. Renting doesn't strip an individual of taste.
Probably you have been reading my comments anti-clockwise grin. To set the record straight.....like I already said somewhere I pointed out that 3 toilets and 2 bathrooms in a 2 bedrooms apartment is an overkill demand/design, that I believe 2 toilets and 1 bathroom will be more than enough to function properly will all needed comfort and privacy.

I also said I am not a fan of all bedrooms ensuite (my choice) because I can't imagine the duration it will be put to use before the kids leave the house, even with guest coming the frequency can never be daily/weekly occurrence, I don't believe in wastage.
I believe anyone is entitled to their opinion or taste but if a renter have an outrageous taste and demand I will politely recommend @true2home idea too: If a tenant is too big for what I have to rent, they are way too big to be a renter; I always advise them to go build their own house.

#peace

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
valencia2012:

You meant Deutsch.

Yes, sure..... Mein fehler, danke.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
omanzo02:

Yes, sure..... Mein fehler, Danke.

Töll. Du weißt schön Bescheid. �

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2020
rotecch77:

We are now in your abode...... ibaadannn
The largest city in west Africa
The 1st city to have television station
The second largest city in Africa

The city of Ibadan is naturally drained by four rivers with many tributaries: Ona River in the North and West; Ogbere River towards the East; Ogunpa River flowing through the city and Kudeti River in the Central part of the metropolis. Ogunpa River, a third-order stream with a channel length of 12.76 km and a catchment area of 54.92 km2. Lake Eleyele is located at the northwestern part of the city, while the Osun River and the Asejire Lake bounds the city to the east.

Don’t let’s forget The old settlement area ( brown roof)

I love this city. If only I can be city manager for a year.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
Design vs Construction
Follow the construction thread here...
https://www.nairaland.com/5955403/new-4-bedroom-duplex-swimming

(1) (2) (3) ... (1653) (1654) (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zzyzxt(m), akeme1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.