Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4487384 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) ... (3690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:34am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:
Some people will just pick a random image on the Internet and assume the quality is 100%
A typical example is this tank tower designed without gusset plate.

It’s tall, grande but not professionally designed.
_____
I just pick the image on the Internet o. Abeg, I’m not condemning any work.

Please elaborate more for learning purpose. I never stop learning o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:35am On Sep 29, 2020
smallsmall:

We are discussing "Safety and Security" and the other guy was trying to paint a rosy, non-existent picture, what sort of pictures would l present (as long as it is not faked) to butress the point that the North of TODAY, is worse than Somalia and Yemen combined.?

Moreover, this same Video is the basis of 'a thread on nairaland' and no one has asked that it should be removed.
The same pitures are in various National newspapers and they have not been censored.

Can you please tell me exactly WHY you want it removed? Is it just because it is graphic?
I want to reason along with your position and will consider removing it, based on a convincing, logical expalnation.

Thanks, for taking a second look at my position as well.

I kuku see the discussion. I’m only appealing on behalf of those of us who cannot stand those graphic image.

Na beg I dey beg baba!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:38am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:

I kuku see the discussion. I’m only appealing on behalf of those of us who cannot stand those graphic image.
Na beg I dey beg baba!

Eventhough the content is true and real, I do not open those kind of graphic videos anymore... I get plenty of them thru Whatsapp everyday. If I keep looking at them, I no go come Naija again lailai. I am too soft.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 2:52am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:

Na beg I dey beg baba!

I feel you Sir and l would have loved to remove it but for the fact that the 'benefit to the COLLECTIVE, always superceeds the inconvinience to the INDIVIDUAL'.
Since the Video will not play unless you click on it, l will suggest you dont go back to that page 1657 or click on it, as a compromise.
At times, we need to show the truth, as naked as it is, to jog our mind to reality otherwise, some would continue to live like the Ostrich which buries its head in the sand, while misleading the general populace. grin grin

I have added the word 'GRAPHIC' tothe post, as a warning to those of us with very soft belle and soft eyes; my own belle and eyes are made of granite stone. undecided grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:53am On Sep 29, 2020
mufutau55:

Please elaborate for learning purpose. I never stop learning o.

Hajji M.

Water is very heavy and as such the design of its supporting structure must be sturdy.

The conventional way of building a tank tower is to weld or bolt at intersections.
However, a gusset plate is a connection at the intersection of two beams or a beam preventing it from bending or buckling at the connection point when it is loaded or force is applied to it.

It acts as short brace and also give more area for welding or installing bolts. Thus making the connection between the 2 steel stronger.

If you check the last tank tower I shared sir, the braces are the angle iron and they have very little welding area (just the tip).
That can never be as solid as a tower reinforced with gusset plate.

Gusset plates not only serve as a method of joining steel members together but they also strengthen the joint which is the koko.

You’ll always see this used on telecommunication towers, bridges and other steel structures.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 3:01am On Sep 29, 2020
rajput4real93:
Good evening nairalanders. Please which is better between internal doors made of hdf and those made of hardwood. The pros and cons of both. Thanks

Go for hardwood doors.
most especially those made with pure iroko not white oo,Melina or masonia woods am sure you will like it.contact me I'll give you the best.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:03am On Sep 29, 2020
smallsmall:

I feel you Sir and l would have loved to remove it but for the fact that the 'benefit to the COLLECTIVE, always superceeds the inconvinience to the INDIVIDUAL'.
Since the Video will not play unless you click on it, l will suggest you dont go back to that page 1657 or click on it, as a compromise.
At times, we need to show the truth, as naked as it is, to jog our mind to reality otherwise, some would continue to live like the Ostrich which buries its head in the sand, while misleading the general populace. grin grin

I have added the word 'GRAPHIC' tothe post, as a warning to those of us with very soft belle and soft eyes; my own belle and eyes are made of granite stone. undecided grin grin

I agree and salute your decision.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 3:06am On Sep 29, 2020
rajput4real93:
Good evening nairalanders. Please which is better between internal doors made of hdf and those made of hardwood. The pros and cons of both. Thanks

hardwood doors are prone to termites, and can shrink as the wood dried up over time.

its construction takes more time than the hdf doors

easy maintenance

they are both good aside that hdf is seasoned and well treated against termite, hence it doesn't shrink or expand overtime

make your choice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:13am On Sep 29, 2020
true2home:
I agree with you Sir...The dynamism of Real Estate is very interesting to say the least in Nigeria!!!. No scarcity but yet we hype everything. I love your style; i refuse to pay more than N1M for any land as well. I am also willing to start in a Suburb as well. We are starter, not follower!!!

RT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:18am On Sep 29, 2020
smallsmall:

Honorable smallsmall! Issokay!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 3:32am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:

Honorable smallsmall! Issokay!!!

Issokay! Issokay!! Turn-off your Mic!!! I say Issokay!!!! grin grin grin

Thanks for your unreserved understanding Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:33am On Sep 29, 2020
Building Contractors/Vendors/Service Providers Wanted

Pls don’t contact me.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:47am On Sep 29, 2020
Delivery Truck Urgently Needed!

I need a delivery van/pickup/truck to move some interlocking plastic molds from Ibadan to AP (Gberigbe road) Ikorodu, Lagos.

Nissan Cabstar, Ford Transit (High Roof), Mitsubishi Canter or any of the likes will be preferable.

Budget: N40,000

____
Pic 1 & 2:

A truck slightly bigger than the attached will be fine as I’m adding extra 500 molds to this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 5:20am On Sep 29, 2020
/
Side Note:

Why would some people who want to have clients in diaspora not spend just $100 to open a domiciliary account to make transactions easy for both parties? SMH.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:15am On Sep 29, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Side Note:

Why would some people who want to have clients in diaspora not spend just $100 to open a domiciliary account to make transactions easy for both parties? SMH.

/

Lack of experience.

A typical naija entrepreneurs, artisans or service providers do not understand that even though their ideas and skills matters, the speed and efficiency with which they execute matters more.

I encourage people to spend more on anything and everything that touch the customer.

Eg:

edit: Now Expanded

Airtime/Data - it can be frustrating telling your client/customer “I don’t have credit” or “I don’t have data.”

Internet Enabled-Smartphone - In this age of video calls/chats, your clients deserve more (videoconferencing, walkthrough video session etc)

Tools of Trade - Telling your clients to provide extra fund to hire tools for your job can be funny. Some people would rather use screwdriver instead of cordless screwdriver to install a kitchen cabinet and wardrobes.
Having these tools and a portable generator won’t be a bad idea.

Creditworthiness - if you must ask your client for mobilization for every job, then you might be on your way out of business soon. A good business person must have established relationship with reputable suppliers who can give some items on credit or huge discount.

Business Account - a lot of people (including me grin) do operate with personal account when dealing with client/customers (especially those in diaspora), it’s not too professional. Have a corporate account for your business.

Business Address

Online Presence

Integrity

I don’t blame these people because most people just found themself in business and they’re are being warped into shape by daily experience.

______
As an entrepreneur, you must be able to deliver products/services with tangible and intangible benefits if you want to remain competitive in the rapidly changing world.

Every purchase is/should/and must be an investment - including opening a domiciliary account to ease transactions. grin

#personalopinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:04am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:

Lack of experience.

A typical naija entrepreneurs, artisans or service providers do not understand that even though their ideas and skills matters, the speed and efficiency with which they execute matters more.

I encourage people to spend more on anything and everything that touch the customer.

I don’t blame them because most people just found themself in business and they’re are being warped into shape by daily experience.

______
As an entrepreneur, you must be able to deliver products/services with tangible and intangible benefits if you want to remain competitive in the rapidly changing world.

Every purchase is/should/and must be an investment - including opening a domiciliary account to ease transactions. grin

#personalopinion
Few weeks ago, you said that being efficient in delivery means he either lack skills or he doesn't have enough customers to keep him busy

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:10am On Sep 29, 2020
omanzo02:

The issue is not about beauty or how clean the place is but security. Tourist want come over to see and enjoy how we live, do things, transportation (good or bad it doesn't matter), environment, weather, culture etc.....There is no guarantee that an American or European or potential tourist will visit a remote area without been seen as a potential target for ransom, 419 or been robbed of his valuable.
I have visited places less better or equal to Naija without fear of been harmed or seen as a target because they have a trusted security system that fight and punish crime accordingly.

Yes I agreed with you on this, nobody will like to visit and stay where adequate security to secure life and property is not guarantee.
But come to think of it, does Nigeria has the highest rate of crime in the whole word? The answer is definitely No.
Nigeria rank number 17 on the statistics of crime table
As it’s presently we still have some Asian, European investors here doing fine.
But let’s OFF THE MIC here bcs here is property section so that we will not derail the primary purpose of this beautiful tread.

See the list
Country
Crime Index
1 Venezuela 84.36
2 Papua New Guinea 80.04
3 South Africa 77.29
4 Afghanistan 76.97
5 Honduras 76.65
6 Trinidad And Tobago 72.43
7 Brazil 68.31
8 Guyana 68.15
9 El Salvador 67.84
10 Syria 67.42
11 Jamaica 67.20
12 Namibia 66.12
13 Angola 65.74
14 Peru 65.65
15 Puerto Rico 64.75
16 Bangladesh 63.82
17 Nigeria 63.27
18 Bahamas 62.74
19 Libya 62.27
20 Argentina 62.26
21 Kenya 61.73
22 Dominican Republic 61.04
23 Fiji 59.57
24 Zimbabwe 58.86
25 Guatemala 58.59
26 Malaysia 58.55
27 Tanzania 57.80
28 Mongolia 57.47
29 Uganda 56.14
30 Bolivia 56.13
31 Somalia 56.04
32 Costa Rica 55.59
33 Colombia 54.94
34 Kazakhstan 54.81
35 Maldives 54.61
36 Botswana 53.47
37 Mexico 53.31
38 Uruguay 53.02
39 Ecuador 52.66
40 Cambodia 52.18
41 Algeria 50.41
42 Paraguay 49.60
43 Chile 49.60
44 Ethiopia 49.23
45 Morocco 48.97
46 Iran 48.91
47 Ukraine 48.84
48 Ghana 48.64
49 Iraq 48.00
50 United States 47.70
51 Sweden 47.43
52 France 47.37
53 Myanmar 46.93
54 Egypt 46.65
55 Vietnam 46.52
56 Mauritius 46.41
57 Panama 46.20
58 Indonesia 46.06
59 Moldova 46.03
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:14am On Sep 29, 2020
michlins:
Few weeks ago, you said that being efficient in delivery means he either lack skills or he doesn't have enough customers to keep him busy

If a service is Fast and Good it’ll never be Cheap.

Haven’t your heard of “express delivery” or “express service?”
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Prudency045: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2020
bebe2:

IT IS.!!

should i be scared?
There is a pending litigation on the said land. Adeniran Adedokun Ventures Nigeria Limited claims to be the owner of the land.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:

If a service is Fast and Good it’ll never be Cheap.

Haven’t your heard of “express delivery” or “express service?”
oya pay me premium.

In other news, I am learning something new everyday day here and you and many others here are impacting the knowledge
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mantoso(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2020
Hello, I am Seyi Omotoso and I work with Merit Abode Nig Ltd as a property consultant.

You can contact me if you want to find our more about our amazing lands and houses sold at affordable prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:35am On Sep 29, 2020
rotecch77:

Yes I agreed with you on this, nobody will like to visit and stay where adequate security to secure life and property is not guarantee.
But come to think of it, does Nigeria has the highest rate of crime in the whole word? The answer is definitely No.
Nigeria rank number 17 on the statistics of crime table
Many states in Nigeria are bigger than some of the countries listed.

As it’s presently we still have some Asian, European investors here doing fine.
But let’s OFF THE MIC here bcs here is property section so that we will not derail the primary purpose of this beautiful tread.

See the list
Country
Crime Index
1 Venezuela 84.36 28.9m
2 Papua New Guinea 80.04 8.06m
3 South Africa 77.29 58m
4 Afghanistan 76.97 37.17m
5 Honduras 76.65 9.5m
6 Trinidad And Tobago 72.43 1.345m
7 Brazil 68.31 209m
8 Guyana 68.15 780k
9 El Salvador 67.84 6.421m
10 Syria 67.42 16.91m
11 Jamaica 67.20 2.935m
12 Namibia 66.12 2.5m
13 Angola 65.74. 30.81m
14 Peru 65.65 31.99m
15 Puerto Rico 64.75 3.194m
16 Bangladesh 63.82 161.4m
17 Nigeria 63.27 195m
18 Bahamas 62.74
19 Libya 62.27
20 Argentina 62.26

Baba rotecch77, I add the population of the countries in bolded figure above.

63.27% of 195million is higher than 84% of 28.9million.

Though we are number 17 on the list, we still dey top chart after Brazil when you consider the population.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:50am On Sep 29, 2020
ollykay619:
Good day everyone,

Please I am looking to buy land in ibadan, I don't know ibadan very much, but my aim is to get land in a secure and sane area where. My priority is peace of mind. I don't like where touts can easily go and come and they wish.

Please i need suggestions/advice from the elders in the house.

I am just a young man trying to make a life decision. Make una help me my daddy's on the thread.

Hajji Mufutau55
Egunmogaji2
N3xt and all other elders in the house.
E sanu omo yin o
I dobale o

Well, there are lot of such places in Ibadan. I can take you round if you don't mind. You will easily get locations of your choice.
Beacon at me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2020
smallsmall:

You are certainly LIVING IN DENIAL.
But l understand, you need to hype where you come from, against all available EVIDENCE and LOGIC.

That is very patriotic, in some weird way undecided

You shared a gruesome video of an attack in Borno , one of the 19 states that comprises Northern Nigeria to back up the premise the North of the country is now a "killing field" and "a Somalia within Nigeria". No one is arguing that Boko Haram insurgents isn't a problem in Borno State.

What i don't get is how that now automatically smears the North as a no go area, a place one goes to die. So you mean Kaduna, Kano,Sokoto, Benue, Taraba, Kebbi,Nassaraw, Niger all peaceful and booming states in the North should be avoided because something is going on in far away Borno? That is downright silly and myopic.

And that's the last i will respond to this particular boring topic
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 1stNumeroUno: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2020
Footstradamus:

You shared a gruesome video of an attack in Borno , one of the 19 states that comprises Northern Nigeria to back up the premise the North of the country is now a "killing field" and "a Somalia within Nigeria". No one is arguing that Boko Haram insurgents isn't a problem in Borno State.

What i don't get is how that now automatically smears the North as a no go area, a place one goes to die. So you mean Kaduna, Kano,Sokoto, Benue, Taraba, Kebbi,Nassaraw, Niger all peaceful and booming states in the North should be avoided because something is going on in far away Borno? That is downright silly and myopic.

And that's the last i will respond to this particular boring topic

Did you just add Kaduna, Sokoto & Benue to list of peaceful states in Nigeria? #I'm not here today.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2020
n3xt:

Baba rotecch77, I add the population of the countries in bolded figure above.

63.27% of 195million is higher than 84% of 28.9million.

Though we are number 17 on the list, we still dey top chart after Brazil when you consider the population.

I get you right chief but we can’t judged it that way, the more the population the more the crime look at Brazil for example ( 209m) there population is a bit higher than Nigeria yet there crime is also higher like 5pec than we,
But let’s drop the mic shaa and move on with the purpose of the tread sir.

Meanwhile I love the door you posted here last .
Very unique panel door

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chuksjuve(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2020
rotecch77:
My motive of showing all these is just to remind us all that we have so many beautiful places in Nigeria here where you can live and establish business without much fear once you do your feasibility studies of the area(mainly for visitor or diaspora people who only visited there home town once in a decade.
As you can see Nigeria is not a shit hole.

Here we go again

Anambra state: Igbo kwenu” I hail oo

List of few cities/ towns in Anambra
Awka ; capital
Nnewi
Onitsha
Omor
Agulu
Ihiala
Etc

Anambra; light of the nation “ formal known as “ home for all”

Total Area; 4,844km2

Pictures can be quite deceitful because of the improvement in camera and editing qualities of our photographers,what should be on our mind is :
What is the security situation of that place?
What is the standard of living in that area or state !

So I think it should go beyond just photograph of the area..

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 9:34am On Sep 29, 2020
Get your structural drawings in 1week... Call or Whatsapp.. 0703272894one.. Engr. A.L ONAKOMAYA MNSE, Coren...

Price range from 60k for simple bungalow, duplex and storey building to industrial building and tall structures...200k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:35am On Sep 29, 2020
Good morning. for your roofing woods, woodwork and roofing materials please contact me. God bless you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:42am On Sep 29, 2020
chuksjuve:

Pictures can be quite deceitful because of the improvement in camera and editing qualities of our photographers,what should be on our mind is :
What is the security situation of that place?
What is the standard of living in that area or state !

So I think it should go beyond just photograph of the area..
bros you talk well. I was born and bred in Anambra State Nnewi precisely. The increased pace of crime is unprecedented.

Just last week or thereabouts,one man was shot on the leg after being robbed. This was before it was 8.30pm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2020
michlins:
oya pay me premium.

In other news, I am learning something new everyday day here and you and many others here are impacting the knowledge

For what exactly?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2020
michlins:
bros you talk well. I was born and bred in Anambra State Nnewi precisely. The increased pace of crime is unprecedented.

Just last week or thereabouts,one man was shot on the leg after being robbed. This was before it was 8.30pm.

There is crime and insecurity everywhere my brother, if i show you the statistics for knife related deaths in London you jaw will drop. But some will have you believe you are safe everywhere but the North.

I am also from Nnewi, in fact my village is not far from the place you described as your workshop, police station around that Secretariat side right? I am not comfortable with some of the stories i hear with relation to crime.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) ... (3690) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: debeey87(m), amourdivine, RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.