Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4398170 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 12:18pm On May 05, 2016
This na lagos prices self.

n3xt:
@ duduboy, Iya Ijebu don talk.

20k max per room and that's been generous. If mama vex carry artisan from Oyo town come do work, na total crash you go see.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:59pm On May 05, 2016
gabbytabby:
This na lagos prices self.

Interesting! Some contractor must be so lucky then.

I wish I had such Dasuki free fall. Any client who has paid more than 1.47m for Plastering material, labour and supervision on any of NextHome's project should ask for a refund. Including all the oversized projects twice the size of a standard 4 flats.

Anyway, we really we don't need the Dasuki windfall because it is God that meet our needs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 1:06pm On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

Using 10cm ceiling strip, you'll need 22 lengths including joints. 36 length without joints but there'll be offcuts to use in other areas.

Using 20cm ceilings strip, you'll need 11 length including joints. 18 lengths without joints but there'll be offcuts to use in other areas.

Thanks a lot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mostfavoured(m): 2:27pm On May 05, 2016
Please i have a property in ona-osa, ibeju lekki side and i need about 10 trips of 20Ton filling sand to do the filling.

If anyone of you can get me this quantity of filling sand at a reasonable price urgently contact me on 08024248053.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:41pm On May 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The Ibadan borehole crew are not smiling, N450,000 was the lowest that I could find. It sucks when I keep hearing this low borehole prices in Lagos and South east.
Seriously? ? shocked.So water far like tjat from the face of the earth in that area?mine only cost N90k pump inclussive

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 2:43pm On May 05, 2016
Our Engineers & everyone in the house, I greet you all.

I have some questions around interlocking, I have a lot of utilities buried underground and I am strongly considering interlocking as I feel its flexible and easy to maintain/fix/isolate specific areas in some respect.

1) Is it better to buy it ready made or buy the materials and cast it on site (value for money and quality wise)
2) What is the best mix ratio to guarantee that the finished interlocking stones will be strong and durable (during my research I know its good to mix it with stone dust)
3) Are there any special precautions when doing interlocking, or things that one should be careful with ?
4) Is there a difference in quality between the interlocks that Julius Berger use to build roads and the ones for residential buildings ?
5) Is it still necessary to use DPC nylon to line the base to prevent weed from growing.
6) Are there any other steps that one can take to prevent weed infestation on interlocking.
7) In the Western world, its possible to buy special sand that is used to fill what we call block paving stone, this special sand prevents weed from growing between the interlock stones. Is such needed or applicable in Nigeria ?
cool Is it a good idea to fill underneath with rubble, my concern is that rubble is suspect to movement unlike compacted sand at the base of a filling, and where there is movement, this will disrupt the movement and setup of the interlock stones.

Any other tips.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oladokuntk(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2016
I can supply the paints. what grade? I am with Fine Coat Paints.
n3xt:

Sure there is.

Twinskenny - Give us ballpark figure for the Electricals (rough-ins and wiring to service panels)
Rotecch77 - Give us tiles and plumbings guesstimate
Abdulwastecx, Segzy14, KolaShangOne - Let's have figure for the carcass and plastering
Adeekiti - what should the client budget for the Windows.
Dominionng - Baba, you know what to do. Just give a budget.
Tinotino, sova - food don ready. We need a budget for this kitchen.

Teebawse - please kindly provide the key datas. Cost of sand, granite or Chippings, iron rods blocks in your location. And more importantly accessibility. It may help the guys provide you a near perfect guesstimate.

My benchmark for this build is between N8.5m - N9m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oladokuntk(m): 3:07pm On May 05, 2016
let me sent you my colour chat so you can check it out and make a chioce.
oladokuntk:
I can supply the paints. what grade? I am with Fine Coat Paints.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 3:15pm On May 05, 2016
Via to the house I upload yesterday. I just left the site. The dpc is one block up and block dawn making it two. What can I do? Please anyone has such experience here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PeoplesArmy: 6:46pm On May 05, 2016
oladokuntk:
let me sent you my colour chat so you can check it out and make a chioce.

Please send your colour chart to. Pepa@live.com.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 05, 2016
AZUH:
Via to the house I upload yesterday. I just left the site. The dpc is one block up and block dawn making it two. What can I do? Please anyone has such experience here?

Una still never call pro before rain start?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kolnel: 10:41pm On May 05, 2016
AZUH:

Nothing can be done
Especially if the tiles have been installed
Pls do away with those work men that built that house
Get a professional to look at that building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Joyfuljoy87(f): 5:31am On May 06, 2016
Please I need serious and urgent help here! Can someone pls link me up with a bricklayer in sango and also estimate to build a 3 bedroom basic flat with enquire nd a visitors toilet. Plssssssss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Joyfuljoy87(f): 5:32am On May 06, 2016
With ensuite I meant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oladokuntk(m): 9:53am On May 06, 2016
Trying to send the colors online might not give you the correct thing cause of variation in pixels. I am looking at how we can meet and probably see it so it will be a perfect deal. let me have ur contact. mine is 08068183448.
PeoplesArmy:

Please send your colour chart to. Pepa@live.com.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:57pm On May 06, 2016
After serious intervention about the current hike on Granite products we have taken it upon our self to have an agreement with one of the Quarry at Abeokuta we have come to the following prices

AJAH and Environs
For Just N220,000 Get 30tons Granite + 30tons Stone Dust
30tons Granite = N140,000(Single Order)
30tons Stone Dust = N95,000(Single Order)

MAINLAND
For Just N205,000 Get 30tons Granite + 30tons Stone Dust
30tons Granite = N130,000(Single Order)
30tons Stone Dust = N85,000(Single Order)

...Building made Easy
Its all about better Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mimini: 2:48pm On May 06, 2016
Hi, pls can someone tell me the type of cement use for wall screeding. Also the materials it's mixed with, if any. Which cement is best for screeding, white or d ordinary cement? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:06pm On May 06, 2016
[size=14pt]TGIF...Anyone dey share free cold beer today?[/size]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2016
Chekitaut:
After serious intervention about the current hike on Granite products we have taken it upon our self to have an agreement with one of the Quarry at Abeokuta we have come to the following prices

AJAH and Environs
For Just N220,000 Get 30tons Granite + 30tons Stone Dust
30tons Granite = N140,000(Single Order)
30tons Stone Dust = N95,000(Single Order)

MAINLAND
For Just N205,000 Get 30tons Granite + 30tons Stone Dust
30tons Granite = N130,000(Single Order)
30tons Stone Dust = N85,000(Single Order)

...Building made Easy
Its all about better Nigeria.

Do you have a delivery network at Ondo township?

cc: @Egin

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:23pm On May 06, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

In case Chekitaut can't fill that order, check Stoneworks Akure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 3:32pm On May 06, 2016
3strikes:
[size=14pt]TGIF...Anyone dey share free cold beer today?[/size]
Take the extra one on the table, it is chilled grin cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:40pm On May 06, 2016
n3xt:

In case Chekitaut can't fill that order, check Stoneworks Akure.

OK. Noted. Thanks sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 06, 2016
Ummm..nice thick window frames...with double glazing...tasty.

Sitting right next to Ontario Airport and I can't even hear the airplanes cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 06, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Take the extra one on the table, it is chilled grin cool

Bros, small small okay grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 7:10pm On May 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Bros, small small okay grin
grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 06, 2016
4nobody4every1:
grin grin grin

Coworkers and I are going to a TGIF after work to celebrate "Cinco de Mayo" but I'm on my motorcycle today. Hope I don't have stories that touch to tell later grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:27pm On May 06, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Sir, Location and how many tons are you looking at?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 7:33pm On May 06, 2016
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=45376781]

Coworkers and I are going to a TGIF after work to celebrate "Cinco de Mayo" but I'm on my motorcycle today. Hope I don't have stories that touch to tell later grin[/quote[i]Dont drink and ride grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 7:35pm On May 06, 2016
Please I need a conservative estimate of roofing a building 85ft X 45ft.
Everything is basic: Basic aluminium roofing (No stone coated stuffs), Simple and straight design.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:15pm On May 06, 2016
I need an urgent attention to this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 8:17pm On May 06, 2016
Chekitaut:
I need an urgent attention to this.
Dont tell me this building is in Nigeria?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:20pm On May 06, 2016
More pics

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.