Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,940 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399210 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:27pm On May 06, 2016
back2sender:

Dont tell me this building is in Nigeria?
Info Kenya
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:32pm On May 06, 2016
Chekitaut:
Sir, Location and how many tons are you looking at?

Will inquire and let you know. Thx.

cc: @Egin

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2016
Chekitaut:
I need an urgent attention to this.

What the FVCK is this? This building is not even solid for a bungalow... How come the heavy top has not collapse yet?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:46pm On May 06, 2016
mufutau55:

What the FVCK is this? This building is not even solid for a bungalow... How m=come the heavy top has not collapse yet?

Hajji M.
That is where my surprise comes in.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OCTAVO: 11:20pm On May 06, 2016
Chekitaut:
Scanty pillars. This one is death trap! Funniest thing is that when it's plastered, no one will see the potential death trap that the building is.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 06, 2016
Chekitaut:

Definitely an Ijebu man that self managed his build grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:30am On May 07, 2016
Chekitaut:
More pics
Where is this? when was this pictures taking? It looks like jail house!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 1:28am On May 07, 2016
That 6-storey building in Kenya appears to be a waste of money. I dare not live there.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:10am On May 07, 2016
This a five-storey building constructed on top of an old building is among the 226 structures marked for demolition.

http://nairobinews.nation.co.ke/news/226-buildings-nairobi-earmarked-demolition/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 4:37am On May 07, 2016
I'm actually more intrigued by the neat patterns on the wall of the adjacent building.... Is that concrete ? Almost looks like aluminum composite panels
EgunMogaji:
Ummm..nice thick window frames...with double glazing...tasty.

Sitting right next to Ontario Airport and I can't even hear the airplanes cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:00am On May 07, 2016
allCopacetic:
I'm actually more intrigued by the neat patterns on the wall of the adjacent building.... Is that concrete ? Almost looks like aluminum composite panels

Concrete facade covering a bolted inner frame. It's how they do most commercial structures now in California. They put them up unbelievably quick.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:06am On May 07, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Dont drink and ride

I ended up riding home in the "drink" sad

Who sang "it doesn't rain in California"?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 7:47am On May 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Not cool, very risky to you and other road users, please refrain from it, it is better you ride when you are sober & not under the influence grin grin cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by P291: 10:29am On May 07, 2016
mimini:
Hi, pls can someone tell me the type of cement use for wall screeding. Also the materials it's mixed with, if any. Which cement is best for screeding, white or d ordinary cement? Thanks.
There are many Ma; ABS, JK...you can easily get which one you want in the market thou quality differs.

Cement+ POP emulsion paint+ Bond/Gum.

You can use ordinary cement for your external wall screeding to blend with your plastering, and white for the internal wall as it reflects more light.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 2:27pm On May 07, 2016
Interesting, i get a clearer picture of the process from the second image.
Ease of fabrication/construction is a high point for architectural designs in North America and most of the West.
In Africa we want buildings that are impenetrable and indestructible , and ironically we hardly ever have earthquakes, tornadoes and the rest.
I guess our peculiar security situation would warrant that
EgunMogaji:

Concrete facade covering a bolted inner frame. It's how they do most commercial structures now in California. They put them up unbelievably quick.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 07, 2016
allCopacetic:
Interesting, i get a clearer picture of the process from the second image.
Ease of fabrication/construction is a high point for architectural designs in North America and most of the West.
In Africa we want buildings that are impenetrable and indestructible , and ironically we hardly ever have earthquakes, tornadoes and the rest.
I guess our peculiar security situation would warrant that

What I also like is the fact that they manufacture almost everything offsite. So the traditional messy and noisy building site is minimized.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 3:35pm On May 07, 2016
Which makes alot more sense, as opposed to trucking both fabrication equipment and material to site and back.
"On-site" time would be mostly for fit up or installation; significantly reducing completion time
EgunMogaji:

What I also like is the fact that they manufacture almost everything offsite. So the traditional messy and noisy building site is minimized.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:25pm On May 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The witches have landed lol grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 11:17pm On May 07, 2016
Help . This house has one block up and one dawn for the dpc. Is there anything that can be done to improve on it ? PleAse

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrMcJay(m): 2:08am On May 08, 2016
jossy26:

Thanks for your response, and you are very correct she's actually a big shot in alausa, it's an e c of o so it's got pictures and address I just don't want to barge in on her to sign a document for me when I didn't purchase from her originally, the person I bought it from is just saying she's provin difficult and doesn't know what she want to sign the deed for me

You can choose to pay double consent if the original CofO holder is being difficult.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 30Tons: 2:14am On May 08, 2016
GRANITE? GRANIT? GRANITE?
Contact us now
Still available
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:49am On May 08, 2016
Iron rod selling @ N125,000-130,000/ton
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by battleaxe: 12:57pm On May 08, 2016
@gurus
Please, what is the going/typical rate for say a 1m wide MDF/HDF wardrobe nowadays??

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:56pm On May 08, 2016
Please this house has one block up and one block dawn . We where planning going on landscaping but when we find out . One block was used . We got confused. If you are the contractor to this building what will you do ? Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:08pm On May 08, 2016
AZUH:
Please this house has one block up and one block dawn . We where planning going on landscaping but when we find out . One block was used . We got confused. If you are the contractor to this building what will you do ? Thanks

You need to get professionals in the field to your site and let them take a look, assess and come up with solution. Stop asking for solution through the internet. This is a major problem you have that needs some experts to get involved.

I repeat, get professional to your site to arrest the situation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 2:17pm On May 08, 2016
@fastshipping , thanks do you have one ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:11pm On May 08, 2016
AZUH:
@fastshipping , thanks do you have one ?

Yes, I do. Where is your project?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 5:12pm On May 08, 2016
Delta
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akpuoru: 5:18pm On May 08, 2016
Hi guys, I have an ongoing project in PH. About to do the plumbing. I need an idea on how to make good choices of the PVC pipes and other plumbing materials in the market. I'll appreciate advice on how to get good and affordable materials. Also, a recommendation for a plumber is appreciated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:27pm On May 08, 2016
Akpuoru:
Hi guys, I have an ongoing project in PH. About to do the plumbing. I need an idea on how to make good choices of the PVC pipes and other plumbing materials in the market. I'll appreciate advice on how to get good and affordable materials. Also, a recommendation for a plumber is appreciated.
would have recommend my brother but he is in Lagos...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:28pm On May 08, 2016
AZUH:
Delta

The person I know won't go to Delta. Look for engineers and architects in the state and let them help solve this problem.

Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aduragbemi45(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.