Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383891 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:
are u sure about that bro? in this hard nigeria now who still does only one job? i do structural drawings very well, MEP too. i was lucky to have an electrical engineer as a father my electrical drawings are top notch. so wherever the job comes from i eat it like jollof. alot of structures at eti osa ikorodu isolo were designed my me. my drawings go through physical planning without a single comment, my calculation sheet in structures will make u pee in ur pants. i dont even handle contracts unless it will be worth my effort, i reject alot of them. i can sit with my laptop designing, for 6months like a yahooboy grin. i have sold my template for 100k for fellow architects and engineers. sit there and be speaking grammar.

Are you a registered structural engineer?
Are you a registered electrical engineer?
Can you append engineering seal on those drawings you claimed you did?
If no, you are impersonating n u know the rest Sir.

My hand is paining me plz, don't quote me again. Just read n pass

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 4:08pm On May 29, 2021
Horlardorjah:

Are you a registered structural engineer?
Are you a registered electrical engineer?
Can you append engineering seal on those drawings you claimed you did?
If no, you are impersonating n u know the rest Sir.

My hand is paining me plz, don't quote me again. Just read n pass
I'm registered in one of those u mentioned but what difference does it make self, screaming 'arcon" or "coren" around ur street wont do more than earn u respect.

and your hand is paining u grin kpele, try suffing with a laptop, phone browsing is more like a punishment to me, i dont do anything aside whatsapp on my iphone. cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:12pm On May 29, 2021
samoranononi:

Thanks your contribution Sir. I won’t accept this. Maybe I’ll go with the first one and tell him about the corrections. Thanks Sir

Oh, to be certain I would never suggest what to build to you or anyone else for that matter.

It’s only you that’ll live in the house with your family.

Do what makes you happy. Legally.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 4:15pm On May 29, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oh, to be certain I would never suggest what to build to you or anyone else for that matter.

It’s only you that’ll live in the house with your family.

Do what makes you happy. Legally.

Ok Sir. Thanks once again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:
I'm registered in one of those u mentioned but what difference does it make self, screaming 'arcon" or "coren" around ur street wont do more than earn u respect.

and your hand is paining u grin kpele, try suffing with a laptop, phone browsing is more like a punishment to me, i dont do anything aside whatsapp on my iphone. cool

Your iPhone. Is iPhone also part of an achievement Sir? Who is this man? The account number you gave doesn’t Stanley. With what I’ve read so far, you are probably 54 years old boy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 4:55pm On May 29, 2021
kopell:
A friend of mine thought he got a deal, 100k for everything inclusive. By the time he got to know what they were doing on site it was too late. They constructed a bathroom 4 ft by 4 ft, a pillar in the middles of a bedroom, no concentration for ventilation. He ended up pulling the entire building down.

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2186#101501544
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:56pm On May 29, 2021
samoranononi:

Thank you Sir. I appreciate this. The architect even sent me another he designed that I should check it out and get back to him.

Wow!, I prefer this even more than the first. Your architect must be very talented. I've noticed both designs are different from the usual 'boring' rectangular designs with one long straight lobby with 'face me I face you bedrooms' most Nigerian architects do. Your 2 designs are complex, unusual and beautiful.

If you like go and pay another architect again and come back here to share long stories. God is your strength. Well done.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:06pm On May 29, 2021
samoranononi:

Thanks your contribution Sir. I won’t accept this. Maybe I’ll go with the first one and tell him about the corrections. Thanks Sir
Here's a 3 bedroom bungalow I designed as a client requested, you may find it useful or to serve as a guide.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DEGREE2466(m): 5:09pm On May 29, 2021
uncleteeh:

Here's a 3 bedroom bungalow I designed as a client requested, you may find it useful or to serve as a guide.

Please, can you help me critic this drawing of a 5 bedroom duplex

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 5:15pm On May 29, 2021
I think this should be okay for him, he should check the dimensions as compared to his plot and adopt.
@ Samoranononi, wetin you dey find again? grin

uncleteeh:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:

I don't own an IPhone or laptop my oga,Shay you will share me from the 20k so I can add up to my IPhone money!
If you belong to one, stick to it and leave others to their field.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:20pm On May 29, 2021
DEGREE2466:

Please, can you help me critic this drawing of a 5 bedroom duplex
This is simple and great.
Observations:
The dinning should be opened to the lobby, instead of a door, introduce an arch so that the staircase will be easily accessible, because as it is, you have confined the staircase, it should be opened to the living room.
Too many doors, the dinning has 2 doors.
Upper floor has for sit-outs, too many doors as well.
You should only put sit-outs on the sides that are opened to the road. Well, maybe you wanna be peeping into Ur neighbours compound grin grin grin
Ur architect did a great job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 5:27pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:
are u sure about that bro? in this hard nigeria now who still does only one job? i do structural drawings very well, MEP too. i was lucky to have an electrical engineer as a father my electrical drawings are top notch. so wherever the job comes from i eat it like jollof. alot of structures at eti osa ikorodu isolo were designed my me. my drawings go through physical planning without a single comment, my calculation sheet in structures will make u pee in ur pants. i dont even handle contracts unless it will be worth my effort, i reject alot of them. i can sit with my laptop designing, for 6months like a yahooboy grin. i have sold my template for 100k for fellow architects and engineers. sit there and be speaking grammar.
shocked

You'll really make it in comedy/entertainment industry. Give it a try.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:34pm On May 29, 2021
samoranononi:

Ok Sir I will.

Please kindly throw this away.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:50pm On May 29, 2021
No insult your client no matter how provoked you're. No curse am sef.

It's better to walk away

Good evening everyone

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2021
samoranononi:

Ok Sir I will.

samoranononi, the truth is with the size of the land and your wish for a three bedroom, the solution is to keep it simple. With the complexity of the land, go back to the time tasted traditional floor plan: living room flowing into dinning with the kitchen coming off it

Look at the first design I have attached. This is the classical Nigerian traditional design for a three bedroom. It rarely fails. Good flow, no dark spaces and highly ventilated. You may use this as a template and do some twicks here and there and with the dimensions as well to fit the land.

The second design, is if you need the ante room badly, then use the playroom as ante room and twick the entrance.

You will notice both design are light and airy with no dark spaces and redundant lobbies here and there which is a waste of space.

This is just to give you an idea and template of what can be achieved if your architects have that innate skill to keep things simple. It's a three bedroom not an airport for crying out loud.

Cut and paste and disrespectful architects everywhere. Architecture is the weakest link in the building trade in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

Wow!, I prefer this even more than the first. Your architect must be very talented. I've noticed both designs are different from the usual 'boring' rectangular designs with one long straight lobby with 'face me I face you bedrooms' most Nigerian architects do. Your 2 designs are complex, unusual and beautiful.

Thanks boss. I appreciate

If you like go and pay another architect again and come back here to share long stories. God is your strength. Well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2021
diordaves:

samoranononi, the truth is with the size of the land and your wish for a three bedroom, the solution is to keep it simple. With the complexity of the land, go back to the time tasted traditional floor plan: living room flowing into dinning with the kitchen coming off it

Look at the first design I have attached. This is the classical Nigerian traditional design for a three bedroom. It rarely fails. Good flow, no dark spaces and highly ventilated. You may use this as a template and do some twicks here and there and with the dimensions as well to fit the land.

The second design, is if you need the ante room badly, then use the playroom as ante room and twick the entrance.

You will notice both design are light and airy with no dark spaces and redundant lobbies here and there which is a waste of space.

This is just to give you an idea and template of what can be achieved if your architects have that innate skill to keep things simple. It's a three bedroom not an airport for crying out loud.

Cut and paste and disrespectful architects everywhere. Architecture is the weakest link in the building trade in Nigeria.

Wow. Thanks so much Sir. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 6:26pm On May 29, 2021
uncleteeh:

Thanks so much boss. I appreciate Sir.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2021
Beframia:

I think this should be okay for him, he should check the dimensions as compared to his plot and adopt.
@ Samoranononi, wetin you dey find again? grin

I’m ok with it bro. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:06pm On May 29, 2021
samoranononi:

Thanks so much boss. I appreciate Sir.
You are welcome sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 7:09pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:
i agree my brother, architecture has indeed been thrown to the dogs [color=#006600][/color]because it wasn't no sane person will even dare post that an architect agreed to do a design, structure and MEP drawings for 25k online, such a person will consider such job a help and will keep quiet about it, thats the reason i changed my mind, that one he already got is his money worth, if he wants the structural et all he should pay for it or look somewhere else.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.
`Changed your mind my foot '

If Architecture hasn't been thrown to a dog like you - as used in the phrase above - You should have backed down when the guy clearly stated he doesn't have enough money for the job , he further explained that it's his first build and doesn't have enough at hand to start the project, but you persuaded him by giving him price reduction even as the reduction isn't ok by u.
Your Desperation shows you wanted the job by all means.

Now you're saying rubbish yen yen yen. -You changed your mind-

You should have shown your worth by rejecting the job

You would have earned even more respect by assisting the guy & just take a pass.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2021
UC92:

Throw this thing inside the waste bin, it is not fit at all.
apologize to the initial guy doing the job and let him do the necessary corrections. Move on with the initial design abeg.
You are right bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:
my brother ignore those clowns talking above. the fool is even saying it with pride that an architect agreed to do a drawing for 10k. only a jobless person will reply him.
Wow! Not cool.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:17pm On May 29, 2021
uncleteeh:

Thank you for doing this for him. I appreciate you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DEGREE2466(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2021
uncleteeh:

This is simple and great.
Observations:
The dinning should be opened to the lobby, instead of a door, introduce an arch so that the staircase will be easily accessible, because as it is, you have confined the staircase, it should be opened to the living room.
Too many doors, the dinning has 2 doors.
Upper floor has for sit-outs, too many doors as well.
You should only put sit-outs on the sides that are opened to the road. Well, maybe you wanna be peeping into Ur neighbours compound grin grin grin
Ur architect did a great job.

Thank you bro

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:49pm On May 29, 2021
Who can fabricate this and install in Enugu?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 9:05pm On May 29, 2021
Such a foul mouthed, ill mannered quack. Tueh

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 10:12pm On May 29, 2021
Make everyone avoid this Stanley guy, it's unprofessional to react this way when you are wrong.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 10:16pm On May 29, 2021
Horlardorjah:

You are so on point.
A professional architect will never do structural drawings himself except he is also a well trained structural engineer or has a structural engineer attach/with his firm to do it.
That Stanley of a guy is not an Architect (registered) probably a draftsman

Bros .... That desperate goat is not even draughtsman. But a Special Fraudster...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 10:28pm On May 29, 2021
stanley000:
are u sure about that bro? in this hard nigeria now who still does only one job? i do structural drawings very well, MEP too. i was lucky to have an electrical engineer as a father my electrical drawings are top notch. so wherever the job comes from i eat it like jollof. alot of structures at eti osa ikorodu isolo were designed my me. my drawings go through physical planning without a single comment, my calculation sheet in structures will make u pee in ur pants. i dont even handle contracts unless it will be worth my effort, i reject alot of them. i can sit with my laptop designing, for 6months like a yahooboy[color=#990000][/color] grin. i have sold my template for 100k for fellow architects and engineers. sit there and be speaking grammar.

Chai Yet another idiot.
Weyreh dey disguise.

Rubbish Talk, you indeed reject a lot of job
& You can't reject a job of #35-45K
Even when the client clearly states that he didn't have enough.

Foolish Man. You still living a fake life grin
Online Rich Man . Audio Life wink

Your stupid ego will destroy you, if you Are not careful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:37pm On May 29, 2021
bixton:

It may worth the amount and it may not. The credentials of the person or firm and their experience in the industry may account for such. Certain times when a potential client is profiled by a contractor to have money then it's an avenue to make you pay above the norm.
But you can always get it for less and even less.
The most important thing is getting a good design that meets modern requirements for human habitation given the land size and shape.
Thanks for nailing it @ bold. It's projects is just like one of mine with additional 2 units of 2 bedrooms. I didn't pay as much as him but I believe to be fair with both clients, if the service charge fee between 500k-700k with seal of all the professionals involved for approval. For many of those that charge 50k-100k will not tell you there will not include any professional seal for approval in their drawing, many of these people are draft men not architect. This price in my opinion fairly represents a structure of 1- 2 1/2 story building. Anything above that may attract additional fee's but it's all based on your negotiation skills. Those fee's does not represent anything close to half that amount for bungalows.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: alphabbey1(m), Anthony223 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.