Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384855 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2021
dongc:

So sorry this happened to you...do you mind share more info on this ??
Pictures or even contract(if you don't mind).I have a lengthy post on warranty and guarantee...something that may help others ..
As requested

Pix of some area and d signed contract ( personals erased )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2021
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2021
n3xt:

Price: 280k
Material Thickness: 1.2mm
Frame: 100 x 50mm
Slat: 50 x 25mm

Gate Size (excluding roller height)

Main Gate: 4000 x 1300mm
Pedestrian Gate: 900 x 1300mm

Finish: Stainless Handle, Matt Black

Also doing matt black. Can you recommend best product to use?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
n3xt:

#IbadanBuilders

I saw something almost similar on a wall in Ologuneru, Ibadan some months ago.

Is it that there are no good plaster sand in Ibadan or our folks don’t understand how to do good mix?

This should be done by BABA LATI and crew

Kolashang1 and others professional in ibadan will never handle this type of work.

This is application/ mixture problem
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
Thanks to all who made notable corrections with my designs, I’m currently making modifications.
PLEASE WHO HAVE HEARED OR USED INTERCOLOUR PAINTS?
How durable is it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good afternoon House.

Be careful what you allow your children to watch¡¡¡ Popular comic super hero story “Superman” to promote gay/lesbianism relationship “same sex marriage”

Enjoy the weekend Ahead.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2021
Still at Abeokuta

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/121

Electrical
Cctv
Fire alarm
Smart home
Electric fence
Whole house audio

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good evening my people, let's pause to consider this. Which arrangement of this 6 flats of 3 bedrooms do you think will be more costly to build from start to finish? All flats have same sizes of rooms. Option 1 has 2 flats on each floor, while option 2 has 3 flats on each floor.

Why do you think each type will cost more?

Which do you think will make more rental income for the owner?

If you're renting, which would you love to live in?

We will be assuming that the land for building both houses is the same.

The first 2 pictures are option 1.

The last 2 pictures are option 2.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jumyg: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
spyder880:
Good evening my people, let's pause to consider this. Which arrangement of this 6 flats of 3 bedrooms do you think will be more costly to build from start to finish? All flats have same sizes of rooms. Option 1 has 2 flats on each floor, while option 2 has 3 flats on each floor.

For renting l would love to live in Option 2, also think it will make more rental income for the owner.
For the cost to build l leave that to the engineers in the house.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2021
spyder880:

I beleive Option 2 will cost less. Decking cost.

Rental Income will probably the same.

As a tenant.. Option 2 of course. Up and Down not be small exercise o. smiley

Hajji M.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:25am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

I don't know about the costs involved but personally, I prefer the first option as it looks clean and modest. The later is bulky and that's kind of a turn off for me.

Also the first is cheaper to build when you factor in the cost of the land(priceless in SE), the decking and the roofing costs.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:19am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

Option 2 Sypder880, you no better. The decking alone can cost him additional 2.5million. Please advise the owner not to build 3 bedrooms the rental income is not much different, the tenants may end up sublease the apartment especially if it’s in suit. If he choose the option 1, he can used one of the floor for 1 bedrooms for additional income instead of 3bedrooms.This is my personal opinion from experience, Oga has the final say.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 3:13am On Oct 16, 2021
Laudbtc:
Thanks to all who made notable corrections with my designs, I’m currently making modifications.
PLEASE WHO HAVE HEARED OR USED INTERCOLOUR PAINTS?
How durable is it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:28am On Oct 16, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:32am On Oct 16, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 3:53am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

As a tenant, no doubt option #2.. Dey no dey use suffer suffer do inyanga grin

As a homeowner, hmmm... that's where the real conversation lies;

Lots of calculations on this one,

Let's assume I have 2 plots of land to work with here.
if the area have a high rent, and the I project to have a 100% occupancy rate.. I will go with option #2 and bump the rent a little to offset the cost of land.. the bump in rent will offcourse tip the scale of the project to a premium , high end (if you will)..

I suspect option 2 will take 1 and half plot or so, then with nice landscaping job, decent parking space, I think I will be happy with that both as a tenant and as a landlord.

But if the rent is say 350k per annum, I will go with option 1. Because it is not cost effect to use 2 plots of land and get the same amount of money where I can use only 1 plot and achieve the same income.

There isn't that much difference in decking cost in my opinion... remember option one have 2 decking on 2 flats and option 2 have one decking in 3 flats.

So the difference here appears to be just one decking of one flat, but look again , the extention of the 2 buildings, there's gotta be another decking there to link up the other part of the building... not a full flat decking offcourse but still extra decking. And what about the cost of the land? How does the homeowner recoup?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:08am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

Option 1 will be cheaper to build than Option 2 when you consider the following:

1. Shape | The shape of a building has a significant effect on cost. The complex the shape the more expensive it will be.

2. Size of the footprint | The foundation accounts for almost 30% of your construction cost. The larger the building, the more expensive it becomes when you consider the setting out cost, time to build, material requirement and wastages.

3. Functionality | You’ll have better functionality in a compact and repetitive design than you’ll get in complex layouts. Option 2 will be slower to assemble and maintain when you consider building services.
Building with considerable repetition are economical to produce. Apart from the civil works, the cost of components and fittings is the same for all flats. It’s not the same when you have a complex layout like option 2.

4. Circulation Space | Option 1 will do better here. Think of what it’ll cost to achieve cross ventilation in all rooms.
Option 1 will offer more productive space.

5. Security | Option 1 will also do better here.

6. Curb Appeal | The importance of curb appeal can’t be overemphasized. It is the first impression of a property before most tenant will even step inside. A taller building would appeal more than a dwarf building.

The aesthetic look of the exterior gives your target market what to expect at the other side of the front door.

7. Finishing | I won’t be able to dwell on this but it’ll cost you more to do the POP of Option 2. It’ll also cost you more to do plumbing in Option 2. Even the cost of your concrete fascia, roofing woodwork, roofing sheets/tiles, etc.

8. Value | Option 1 has higher resale value when you consider the ample space left for parking and the number of storey

I hope this will help your client make an informed decision.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ApolitiCal: 5:15am On Oct 16, 2021
Please house, is ojaagba needed in a house that has concrete fascia?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 6:00am On Oct 16, 2021
There might be the temptation for the owner to go for the first option. It looks more imposing and him people go dance better atilogu in front of it. Oga all na ego. grin

Option 2 is more likely to cost less to build, less to maintain and have better occupancy rate so better rental income as it will appeal to wider range of people.

spyder880:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 6:07am On Oct 16, 2021
ApolitiCal:
Please house, is ojaagba needed in a house that has concrete fascia?

Ojaagba no be that iron wey them dey take hold roof down? Wetin concern am with concrete fascia matter except you want to use iron rod wey them attach while doing the last lintel casting instead of it and even then the carpenter will still use some Ojaagba only that it will be a lot less.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2021
Thank you my people for your well thought out, knowledgeable replies. This is what makes this thread and indeed this section special and priceless.

Special thanks to all of us who contributed very wonderful analyses and comparisons. Oga mi Mufutau55, Jumyg, Michlins, kopell, Badgers14, n3xt, sister gabbytabby, May God bless you all.

About the options, we prepared a building plan for option 1 and were ready to hit the site. But then the approval authorities told us we cannot build option 1 in the zone due to the zone being marked a low density zone. So we have to plan and prepare the drawings for option 2. But then again, I became afraid that the budget of option 1 wont complete option 2. The rents in this zone is very high, at least N800,000 for a unit, and might rent higher if the finish is superb.

I learnt immensely from all your contributions, thank you all.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2021
Building drawing
Building construction
Renovation work
Finishing work
Estate rd
Water treatment plant

@Arbo contractor Ltd ( Rotech building concept)
We are always available to handle your project with rest of mind

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:18am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

I don't know about building and cost but I prefer option 2 also.
My mum would never visit me if I stayed at the top flat of option 1.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:
Thank you my people for your well thought out, knowledgeable replies. This is what makes this thread and indeed this section special and priceless.

Special thanks to all of us who contributed very wonderful analyses and comparisons. Oga mi Mufutau55, Michlins, kopell, Badgers14, n3xt, sister gabbytabby, May God bless you all.

About the options, we prepared a building plan for option 1 and were ready to hit the site. But then the approval authorities told us we cannot build option 1 in the zone due to the zone being marked a low density zone. So we have to plan and prepare the drawings for option 2. But then again, I became afraid that the budget of option 1 wont complete option 2. The rents in this zone is very high, at least N800,000 for a unit, and might rent higher if the finish is superb.

To me I will go for option 2 from experience

1 cost of Foundation of option A ( 2 story Bld will be higher
2. Cost of the 2 slab will cost more
3. Cost of working on higher height is usually high.
4. Cost of finishes ( plastering, Mep work, roofing, water tank stand will definitely higher to option B( A story Bld)
5. Cost of approval from govt for the higher building is alway much more than A story building.
6.You can still modify the shape of the option B to look more appealing as option A
7. Maintenance of option A will be higher compare to Option B

In conclusion the targeted cost for option A will finished option B

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

Special thanks to all of us who contributed very wonderful analyses and comparisons. Oga mi Mufutau55, Michlins, kopell, Badgers14, n3xt, sister gabbytabby, May God bless you all.

I didn’t have answer as I don’t do multi story just “padlock bungalows” but wanted to commend you on thought provoking and educational posts that you always make.

You even managed to drag Hajj to post. An impressive feat grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2021
Pls who has experience with this. My sweethome water heater is not getting as hot as i wish even though it's set in high.
2. My shower set has a very low hot water pressure. Very discouraging to use
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I didn’t have answer as I don’t do multi story just “padlock bungalows” but wanted to commend you on thought provoking and educational posts that you always make.

[b][/b]You even managed to drag Hajj to post. An impressive feat grin

Yes o

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iclass1: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2021
Good morning great people,
Please house, how do I go about or achieve this (block column with concrete in it) I saw it somewhere and am interested in doing same. Thank you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2021
spyder880:

From MEP point of view,I will go with option one.
When you have a structure like this,it's very easy do the designs of your systems.you don't have too many complicated systems.
For Electrical circuiting, lighting and power is as simple as possible.
Your water distribution system is also well planned.that cannot be compared with structure 2.
In all you will have better functionality and maintenance in building 1 compared to 2.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2021
walexProjects:

From MEP point of view,I will go with option one.
When you have a structure like this,it's very easy do the designs of your systems.you don't have too many complicated systems.
For Electrical circuiting, lighting and power is as simple as possible.
Your water distribution system is also well planned.that cannot be compared with structure 2.
In all you will have better functionality and maintenance in building 1 compared to 2.

Complicated is the right word. The middle flat will always be at disadvantage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.