Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,139 members, 7,845,782 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3081) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4464565 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) (3084) ... (3685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
Thank you for you response sir.

topsy23:

Location of the Septic/Soakaway is not to us but I believe the 100mm pipe is good since the plumber is running a separate pipes for both soil and waste

Other water supply also can not be question because the your location and over tank will determine tye quantity to be used/installed .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2022
*MAK DESIGNS & CONSULT*

Our Product & Services include :

* *Proposed & As-Built Approval standard Building Designs ( Architectural, Structural & Services)✅*

** *Preparation of Cost Estimates, Schedules ( Material+ Labour) to suit the condition of your Project✅*

*** *Management of Building Project for Residential and Commercial Structures✅*

**** *Real Estate Business of all sort* �

Contact/Refer us today�-

WhatsApp/Call - .......080...37641....814
Email- *abiola.kareem85@gmail.com*

Your patronage will not be taken for granted
LET'S TALK BUSINESS��as our portfolio is available on request.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
Successbay:

Hmm..

The main thing is both parties should be honest on their dealings. If a customer wants to buy his/her materials.. let it be and charge at a rate you wouldn't compromise on the quality of job to be delivered, nor make him spend unnecessarily.

The customer should also be considerate in the bargain.

Yea right... Fairness!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shamack: 3:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
ArcToyin:

It can even contain 3 bed. Just mention what you want and let's see if we can work it out.

Can it contain 3 different two bedroom flat?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
rotecch77:

Not only him…N3xt( on his part he needs to do the needful .. very important.

Some important/ notable professionals and home owners just looks away concerning some vital advise/question this days.
The tsunami is coming back to this thread again, I can see that. It happened few years back when I noticed this i started mentioning some names and boom they all came back.
But now… let me just keep muted shaaa.

In other news this our project is on final
Lapse…painting/ compound finishings

This is nicely done. Only now need a lick of paint to really bring out the true beauty.

Just academically speaking, if na my money I will do two things differently:

#1. I will not go for a flat room.

#2. I will fix a ceiling to floor burglary proof downstairs (see highlighted area in red). Why? It is an additional layer of security. In Nigeria, I don't like visitors knocking on my front door directly. Knock on the burglary proof first, then I open door and there is a buffer security zone between myself and yourself instead of you standing right at my door step. Frontage ceiling to floor burglary proof also offers flexibility of use. I can jail the burglary proof and open the door for aeration or breeze as the case may be and still have that sense of security.

But this is just academic. It is a nicely built house.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
Weldone topsy23 for your selflessness. I'm impressed at how you make effort towards answering every question raised here that relates to your area of expertise (and those that do not but you have an idea). I'm sure am not the only one on here observing this.
Never mind, the hand that washed others should also expect to be washed.

topsy23:

Location of the Septic/Soakaway is not to us but I believe the 100mm pipe is good since the plumber is running a separate pipes for both soil and waste

Other water supply also can not be question because the your location and over tank will determine tye quantity to be used/installed .

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
redgem:

For the plumbing?

Yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 3:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
Thanks boss.

twinskenny:

Cc qsfemi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
diordaves:

This is nicely done. Only now need a lick of paint to really bring out the true beauty.

Just academically speaking, if na my money I will do two things differently:

#1. I will not go for a flat room.

#2. I will fix a ceiling to floor burglary proof downstairs (see highlighted area in red). Why? It is an additional layer of security. In Nigeria, I don't like visitors knocking on my front door directly. Knock on the burglary proof first, then I open door and there is a buffer security zone between myself and yourself instead of you standing right at my door step. Frontage ceiling to floor burglary proof also offers flexibility of use. I can jail the burglary proof and open the door for aeration or breeze as the case may be and still have that sense of security.

But this is just academic. It is a nicely built house.

Yes I get you right, I have done many like that for some client while some don’t buy the idea, it’s based on Choice.

Look at the one I did for a Client just of recent.

- pics 3/4 the duplex ( the purpose of this is for safety)
- pics 1/2 its from internet ( exactly what you have in mind) for security reason

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
Successbay:
Good afternoon sir,

Please share your contact. Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
abuiltech:

Yes

Okay, will go with the 50mm pipe....thanks for the advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2022
I have been wanting to ask this question, how many blocks do they lay a day to term it a day's charge? Is it advisable to pay per block laid or a day's charge?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
redgem:
I have been wanting to ask this question, how many blocks do they lay a day to term it a day's charge? Is it advisable to pay per block laid or a day's charge?
With my own view I think it's okay to pay per block lay than a day charge
Thanks grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

With my own view I think it's okay to pay per block lay than a day charge
Thanks grin

Okay, thank you oh... I was paying a day's charge (100 blocks a day at 15000ngn), I just remembered and decided to ask just incase of next time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joedguy: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
Good evening professionals. I want to knw d cost of building room and parlour self contain
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
Successbay:
Good afternoon sir,

Please share your contact.

Telll:09077504287,07062955047

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joedguy: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
joedguy:
Good evening professionals. I want to knw d cost of building room and parlour self contain
Rooms measuring 11by 11. Thanks in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2022
Good evening everyone

We are still here for your
Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Art works

Best rate and good value for money..

Whatsapp 07088534661

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2022
redgem:

Okay, thank you oh... I was paying a day's charge (100 blocks a day at 15000ngn), I just remembered and decided to ask just incase of next time.

That's =N=150 per block with my calculation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
One heater can be used for the 3 toilet
Successbay:
Good day professionals in the house.

Kindly help me review the quotation for the plumbing works of a 4 bedroom Bungalow (inclusive of a visitor's toilet at the waiting area) and BQ (Room & parlour self contain).

The initial piping for the internal house has been completed before the plastering.
What's left is the plumbing fittings (Internal) and the piping to the waste chamber (External)..

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2022
This plumber want build house for ur head why two separate workmanship
Successbay:
Good day professionals in the house.

Kindly help me review the quotation for the plumbing works of a 4 bedroom Bungalow (inclusive of a visitor's toilet at the waiting area) and BQ (Room & parlour self contain).

The initial piping for the internal house has been completed before the plastering.
What's left is the plumbing fittings (Internal) and the piping to the waste chamber (External)..

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
Successbay:
This is so so so true...

I just wonder why this happens. The mindset of our people.. you pay for workmanship, yet they make you pay more buy quoting excess materials & sometimes wasting them..

here's what actually does happen, artisans usually lure you in with a very cheap labour charge and once you're hooked, they will inflate the materials and recover it double.

Personally, I personally buy my materials unless in a situation the client needs a specific quality of materials that I can't source for and he or she is willing to pay my charges for labour.

Another thing is that our people will gladly buy the quantity of materials needed but will start bargaining on the labour charges so some inflate the materials to make up for the cost of labour

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
Drdreluv:

Check very well ... Only one labour
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2022
redgem:

Hmmm, this is quite expensive o...150 per block laid shocked shocked shocked . Is it due to inflation or your location? Did 50 per block just last year.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output..

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 45,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
Buy this products and have rest of mind. 3years warranty on it

LIPER products with German standard

Check our thread for our installations

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit#112800191

ThanksLet us handle you DB termination and enjoy good cable management

Check our thread for more pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/6980507/distribution-boards-final-sub-circuit#112800191

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:48am On Aug 01, 2022
Happy New month of August

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 12:49am On Aug 01, 2022
My oga...I tire oo

Drdreluv:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 12:52am On Aug 01, 2022
Thanks chief, guess this heater will have to be strategically located.

Drdreluv:
One heater can be used for the 3 toilet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 12:59am On Aug 01, 2022
He actually charged separately for the internal fittings and a separate charge for the external piping.

topsy23:

Check very well ... Only one labour
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:09am On Aug 01, 2022
joedguy:
For A standard Mini flat (a Sitting room,a Bedroom,Dining room,kitchen and two bathrooms)budget 3m_3.5m depends on your taste
For just a room and parlour Self contain(A sitting room,its bedroom,kitchen and one bathroom),budget 2.5m.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:12am On Aug 01, 2022
Happy new month to you all my customers and friends may we all see the end of this month and may this month of August bring us divine favour, health,prosperity and testimony in jesus name amen I wish you all wonderful new month

(1) (2) (3) ... (3078) (3079) (3080) (3081) (3082) (3083) (3084) ... (3685) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.