Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4449145 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:
Good evening my beautiful people... I want to appreciate you all for all your assistance, you guys are amazing. May God continue to bless us and protect us. Amen

I am done with plastering, which should be next... POP or wiring?

Amin

Wiring, then POP. ✓

Godspeed on your Project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:

Will leave electricals till moving time...just as twinskenny suggested. Sorry to ask, how do they have access to a building that has well secured doors and windows?

They can enter through the noggings since the ceiling is yet to be covered
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

[/b]
Amin

Wiring, then POP. ✓

Godspeed on your Project

Amen... I will go with POP first before wiring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
topsy23:

They can enter through the noggings since the ceiling is yet to be covered

Oh yes, that's true..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orlaryhincah(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
Hi everyone!
Thanks to everyone contributing to the page!

So, I have an issue. Lagos State Building Control Agency have recently painted my site's fence to stop work and call a number written on the paper left behind.

I wanted to know how to get this guy off my back.

Any advice, please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
twinskenny:

You can see the figure I gave you plus labour wasn't even up to engr labour charge alone!!! But it's a small unit get a good electrician to handle it for you . Work with the price I gave you as benchmark. Good luck

Okay bro. Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
MrOkenwa:

The difference is too significant bro. There are good artisans that can do great jobs for you. Besides, you're building a simple structure. Bungalows are not usually complicated to build.
You can get some contacts from redgem. she's willing to assist you. Negotiate with artisans and ask him to supervise them. Pay him for each supervisory job done. Although, he may insist on using his own team.

Don't overlook extra costs in construction. They make up huge sum when put together.

Thanks a lot boss. I will do as advised.

Thanks to everyone. ��
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
redgem:

My project is in Benin, I can assist you with people that worked for me...their prices are quite fair

That would help. How can I reach you please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
debeey87:
Good morning everyone, I need input on labor for the first floor of my build.

Block is estimated to be about 5000pcs and bricklayer has quoted 540,000 naira as labor for setting blocks on the first floor. This doesn't include the pillars or lintel concrete work. What will be a fair price to negotiate per block.

Also, do labor price increase per floor or it's same.

A few factors affect the pricing of a job.
Where is your Location?

The quoted price averages at about #108/Block, which is quite excessive and it should not even be counted per Block.

There is a Bricklayer someone here recommended, some years back. he worked on my place and that of another Nairalander (and non member in Diaspora) and does a very good job and his prices are "reasonable".

If you want a trustworthy and reasonable alternative, leave a message here for me and l will get you his number or if l can still get his links hidden in many past pages on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 1:53am On Aug 27, 2022
joycluv:

1. Why is that guest room door facing the main entrance door. What happens to the privacy of the occupant of that room?

2. The dining, is it a passage or what? The distance between the lounge and the dining is something else.

3. That long passage has no window
4. The visitors' toilet; I personally don't understand why a toilet should open to a public area. Mind you, not everybody knows how to use the toilet. I would personally conceal it from public view.

5. Another issue of concern to me is the accessibility of the staircase. Do you really have to enter the bedroom before climbing the stairs and while coming down, you enter the room first

Note: Am not an architect and would like our architects to put me right.

Points noted. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 1:56am On Aug 27, 2022
BrickDevo:
this plan is not good oh,

The entrance lobby should be demarcated from the living room. An entrance door after the entrance lobby. The outer door if designed well may not be necessary.

The dining in a lobby with no natural lighting and ventilation is not good at all.

Your stair is better if accessed from the wide lobby where you placed your dining seats.

The visitors room if designed properly could be cross ventilated.

Thanks for your contribution.
I have taken note.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 2:31am On Aug 27, 2022
WE HAVE A HOME FOR EVERYONE AT LEKKI PRIDE II*

Everyone deserves a comfortable shelter and a right to quality life irrespective of ethnicity or economic class ☺️

Secure a residence in one of the best residential communities in Lagos. Indeed, *Lekki Pride II is attracting interest from all corners of Nigeria* �

The estate features excellent infrastructure and facilities that make living in the *Lekki Pride II* comparable to what you can find in developed countries of the world �

*Properties available in Lekki Pride II are as follows*
✅ 2 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ - N55,000,000

✅ 2 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex + BQ - N59,000,000

✅ 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex + BQ - N66,000,000

✅ 3 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ - N60,000,000

✅ 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex + BQ - N80,000,000

Initial Deposit - N5,000,000 and spread the balance over a period of 12 months

Don't miss this opportunity to partake in the estate of the moment

Sannunku da zuwa!!!

For more information, please call Emmanuel on +234 8038781738

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 2:31am On Aug 27, 2022
More..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2022
Coiner:

The engineer handling the building here in Benin gave the following quotes:

Pre-plaster plumbing: 180k
Complete Electrical piping: N250k
Plastering (range): 700k.

His fees are high. I spent lesser (400k) plastering my 4 bedroom bungalow in Benin. This includes both supervisor fees and labour for the job.
The guys who did the job were from Cotonou and I was very pleased with the outcome. If I have met them directly, I would have spent lesser than that.
I can also help you with their contact if you won't mind.
Even for my pop, my engineer told me it would cost me about about 1.4m. I met some Togolese guys, working in an hotel, after taking their leader to my site, he gave me an estimate of 800k with beautiful designs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 7:59am On Aug 27, 2022
Their work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:41am On Aug 27, 2022
This is real as you can see, thanks for your patronage Mr akin mudashir kumoye

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:37am On Aug 27, 2022
orlaryhincah:
Hi everyone!

So, I have an issue. Lagos State Building Control Agency have recently painted my site's fence to stop work and call a number written on the paper left behind.

Any advice, please?

Where in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2022
Coiner:

That would help. How can I reach you please?

Send me a dm or just drop your number and I'd message
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2022
orlaryhincah:
Hi everyone!

Any advice, please?

Try to call them but if you have all your approvals I don't think you will have much issue with them..

Lagos state is looking for money by all means now. Election campaign is coming ..

If you want to pay any money make sure it's a right channel don't give PR or egunje to people that will not solve the problem ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2022
Twostep:
Good evening my oga’s on the house, kindly help me vet this quotation.

Also after roofing, in what order does building process take till completion.

Thanks in anticipation!

We available for painting job
Quality to your doorstep
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 12:09pm On Aug 27, 2022
One4me:

A few factors affect the pricing of a job.
Where is your Location?

The quoted price averages at about #108/Block, which is quite excessive and it should not even be counted per Block.

There is a Bricklayer someone here recommended, some years back. he worked on my place and that of another Nairalander (and non member in Diaspora) and does a very good job and his prices are "reasonable".

If you want a trustworthy and reasonable alternative, leave a message here for me and l will get you his number or if l can still get his links hidden in many past pages on this thread.

My location is Sango otta.
If you say it shouldn't be counted per block. What measure should you use to cos I feel that is cheaper. I want to continue the bricklayer, just want to negotiate a fair deal with him except he doesn't agree to it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orlaryhincah(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2022
somehow:

Where in Lagos?

Ayobo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2022
Done with this project in abeokuta...

Thanks Mr okenwa for the second opportunity.

Pop & screeding.

In this project we screeded the slate ceiling nicely.. you will never know

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 3:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
princenomics:

His fees are high. I spent lesser (400k) plastering my 4 bedroom bungalow in Benin. This includes both supervisor fees and labour for the job.
The guys who did the job were from Cotonou and I was very pleased with the outcome. If I have met them directly, I would have spent lesser than that.
I can also help you with their contact if you won't mind.
Even for my pop, my engineer told me it would cost me about about 1.4m. I met some Togolese guys, working in an hotel, after taking their leader to my site, he gave me an estimate of 800k with beautiful designs.

Please let me have their contact. Both the plaster and POP guys. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2022
redgem:

Send me a dm or just drop your number and I'd message
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
bolu1986:

Pop & screeding.

well done boss, I can see my hand work there, dats my boss man project,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
bolu1986:

Pop & screeding.

I have nothing but admiration and respect for people that handle their jobs the way you are doing.
As usual, your guys cleared the mess before they left the site. Good one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
Adedward:
well done boss, I can see my hand work there, dats my boss man project,
Yes bro, you did the aluminum windows. You did a nice job too.
It's madam's project ooo grin.
She's one of the ardent followers of the thread, with no single comment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:31am On Aug 28, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Yes bro, you did the aluminum windows. You did a nice job too.
It's madam's project ooo grin.
She's one of the ardent followers of the thread, with no single comment.
thanks boss, yes I know dats she is the one, but I don't know she is member here at all,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Youoareofoolish: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2022
Dennis3D:
Good evening good people.

We are pleased to show you a tip of what we are up to at the moment. If you don't mind. You can watch and follow our thread so we don't derail the purpose of this one.

https://www.nairaland.com/7139168/owerri-project-4-duplex-4

these roofs that are reaching heaven are waste of free open upward space, resources and also useable space. tufia!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beauty16: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2022
Please make someone do giveaway for me abeg things are hard no amount will be too small

(1) (2) (3) ... (3111) (3112) (3113) (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: collab, Stamford007(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.