Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393770 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) (3665) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 8:39am On Apr 25
Anyone selling this? What's the current prices?

Door is 3ft

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:43am On Apr 25
We are at Ilesa Osun state

Rounding off the pop of this house.

Baking out cool design as par client request

Let’s talk

WhatsApp only 07088534661

Note real work pictures attached

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:01am On Apr 25
sonnie10:
The purpose of using mm in measurement is for precision. When you begin to have only zeros at the end of every measurement, it does not show precision and lacks attention to minute details.
I would trust a workman that gives a measurement in mm for say 458 x 1189 than another that gave 460 x 1200 for the same window space.
We know plastering will take care of that small difference but again, perfection is always good.
This inattention to little detail is why a window flew off an aircraft midair recently.
I get your point about the importance of paying attention to detals, but then again those 'minute details' as in this case of window sizes are more often than not as a result of human error from the bricklayer. The architectural design will most likely have the window dimensions ending in zeros, but of course it's humanly impossible for the bricklayer to achieve those exact dimensions for all window spaces and frankly achieving that accuracy isn't really necessary. That is why you may have those small differences in 2 or more window spaces that are supposed to be same size.

However, unlike the window spaces that may have different dimensions even for windows meant to be of same size, the windows themselves can be produced to have same size as depicted on paper. For instance 4 windows, all measuring 460 × 1200 can be produced and installed in different window spaces measuring 458 × 1196, 464 × 1205, 470 × 1190 and 450 × 1210 respectively.

This rounding up of measurements by the window guy offers uniformity and better aesthetics in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kelvinae: 9:29am On Apr 25
Dears,

Kindly be informed that as a sales advisor at Axa Mansard Insurance I can handle your individual and corporate insurance. Example properties insurance, travel insurance, health insurance(HMO, life insurance (Bonus life, group life, money insurance, motor insurance (comprehensive and Third party) marine insurance, goods on transit insurance, investment (Money market, new life savings), and other forms of insurance for your need.

All these insurance come with attractive benefits.

Call me or chat me on WhatsApp with this phone number: 08061233831.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:23am On Apr 25
redgem:

This is really beautiful.....love me some flowers and trees

Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:25am On Apr 25
diordaves:

Yes. I see what you have achieved here. This is a domestic open air event centre. Some call it flexible event centre. I can also see the near zero maintenance palm trees. Very nice. One can easily see how the introduction of the trees brings a different dimension to the stamped concrete. You can't beat the beauty of nature.

Homeowners should look more into embracing plants, trees, flowers, herbs in compound solutions and mixing in stamped concrete or interlocking tiles. The fear of reptiles is an unfounded fear.

Thank you very much Sir. The main building and the BQ were surrounded by interlocking tiles.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:27am On Apr 25
sonnie10:

This is very ok. For those that have owned houses with only lawn and garden, they will agree that keeping up with grass is full time job.

Agreed Sir. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25
Valuepaints20:
I saw this on facebook very awesome Gas Cylinder Chamber Ideas 😍👌

I did the same recently. Not bad.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:13pm On Apr 25
Rany4all:
I get your point about the importance of paying attention to detals, but then again those 'minute details' as in this case of window sizes are more often than not as a result of human error from the bricklayer. The architectural design will most likely have the window dimensions ending in zeros, but of course it's humanly impossible for the bricklayer to achieve those exact dimensions for all window spaces and frankly achieving that accuracy isn't really necessary. That is why you may have those small differences in 2 or more window spaces that are supposed to be same size.

However, unlike the window spaces that may have different dimensions even for windows meant to be of same size, the windows themselves can be produced to have same size as depicted on paper. For instance 4 windows, all measuring 460 × 1200 can be produced and installed in different window spaces measuring 458 × 1196, 464 × 1205, 470 × 1190 and 450 × 1210 respectively.

This rounding up of measurements by the window guy offers uniformity and better aesthetics in my opinion.
Your last paragraph is very correct. I did not consider the uniformity. Thanks for pointing that out.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25
JinaduJosefu:

I see where the issue is coming from. You were converting inches to mm....whereas, I clearly stated that my measurements were in CM. To be on the same page, I have attached measurements in mm. I hope this can help.

@Rany4all
FRAMELESS PARTITIONED
SIZE. ------------ PRICE.
(1)460 x 2270--95k
(2)1810 x 2290--290k
(3)490 x 1780--85k
(4)890 x 2090--110k
(5)440 x 2090--90k
(6)440 x 2090--90k
(7)890 x 2090--110k
(cool2090 x 2010--340k
(9)1200 x 1860--118k
(10)510 x1610--78k
(11)2370 x 1200--200k
(12)1810 x 1330--160k
(13)590 x720--30k
(14)1200 x 1830--110k
(15)590 x 1830--90k
(16)590 x 1830--90k
(17)490 x 1630--78k
(18)1200 x 1860--118k
(19)1200 x 1910--130k
(20)510 x 1630--78k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25
Updated thread on guide to painting application rates:

https://www.nairaland.com/7223430/simple-way-determine-painting-charges#129625769

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Port443: 4:58pm On Apr 25
Please guys, I need someone in abuja that can do "window hood" exactly the way it is in this picture and pillar finishing similar to the one in the picture below. Please the person should be in abuja please. I need exactly what you can see in the pics below, I don't want the "what you ordered vs what you got scenario. Help a nigga

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 6:34pm On Apr 25
I need someone who can install 4 sliding glass door shower and 4 shower rods at Ikorodu.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:24pm On Apr 25
mufutau55:

For me, I wanted an area where I can do “Owambe” and entertain hence the stamped concrete of almost one plot.

Hajji M.

Sir, Permit me to ask how much does it cost to plant a piece of this? The trees I mean 🤷‍♀️
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 8:16pm On Apr 25
Are you an engineer, builder, site supervisor or it's your personal house and you want Good qualities of woods at affordable prices. Be it roofing or decking woods or even marine boards, please contact A.A. OMOARISE GLOBAL RESOURCES [/b]for your maximum satisfactions. Call and WhatsApp [b]08032339807

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:17pm On Apr 25
Olumighty123:

Sir, Permit me to ask how much does it cost to plant a piece of this? The trees I mean 🤷‍♀️

The Dwarf Coconut trees were planted when small and it cost around 2k per tree then, not sure of now. I also bought black soil that was used to plant it, about 5 cement bags around N50k or so. Not expensive at all. I also planted some SourSop trees but they died at infancy so I replaced them with more coconut trees.
Hope this helps. They were planted about 3 years now.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bet9ja(m): 12:47am On Apr 26
gentlesoul83:
Are you an engineer, builder, site supervisor or it's your personal house and you want Good qualities of woods at affordable prices. Be it roofing or decking woods or even marine boards, please contact A.A. OMOARISE GLOBAL RESOURCES [/b]for your maximum satisfactions. Call and WhatsApp [b]08032339807

Please whats the price for both solo and full

2x2 = 80
2x3 = 155
2x4 = 155
2x6 = 10
3x4 = 6
fascia board = 21
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 6:48am On Apr 26
mufutau55:

The Dwarf Coconut trees were planted when small and it cost around 2k per tree then, not sure of now. I also bought black soil that was used to plant it, about 5 cement bags around N50k or so. Not expensive at all. I also planted some SourSop trees but they died at infancy so I replaced them with more coconut trees.
Hope this helps. They were planted about 3 years now.

Hajji M.

Thank you for the break down sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 7:09am On Apr 26
bet9ja:

Solo price per unit
2x2 = 700
2x3 = 900
2x4 = 1300
2x6 = 2500
3x4 = 2509
fascia board = 5000

Full price per unit
2x2 = 1000
2x3= 1500
2x4 = 2000
2x6 = 3000
3x4 = 3000
Fascia board = 5000

For more enquiries please call 08032339807
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 8:55am On Apr 26
Chat me now for wood supply on payment on delivery 0809921250 . For variious types of wood logs
bet9ja:

2x2 = 80
2x3 = 155
2x4 = 155
2x6 = 10
3x4 = 6
fascia board = 21
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 11:50am On Apr 26
pawn89:
some more that shows he deleted the conversations and notice he changed his display picture

LMAO, I was seriously laughing when I saw your post sir..The truth is, I used this same guy about two years ago to supply all my roofing material, I can't remember the figure but it's over 3 million then and it's POD!! To be frank, he came with alot of funny funny behaviour like this but I just ignore him, my own is DELIVER and get PAID and I honestly don't know how anyone would CHEAT me with that arrangements.. You're not getting a Kobo until materials get to my site and it's confirm..He was DISTURBING just like this but I kept my cool ..To be honest, he did delivered then, exactly what I wanted, got paid fully as promise, as expected started asking for some tips because according to him he miss d road and travel longer blabla so I think I added a little for gas...The guy na funny werey and I think he has some MENTAL ISSUE..Infact I store his name as WEREY ROOF SUPPLIER....I also noticed his price are kinda of cheaper than anyone here and even in d open market, almost two years now and I think he has not changed...Like I said, I still don't know how anyone would CHEAT me with POD!!! It's even safer for me, especially because am d busy type, than going to the open market..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 2:06pm On Apr 26
Tiles dealers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 2:15pm On Apr 26
dapotemi:

LMAO, I was seriously laughing when I saw your post sir..The truth is, I used this same guy about two years ago to supply all my roofing material, I can't remember the figure but it's over 3 million then and it's POD!! To be frank, he came with alot of funny funny behaviour like this but I just ignore him, my own is DELIVER and get PAID and I honestly don't know how anyone would CHEAT me with that arrangements.. You're not getting a Kobo until materials get to my site and it's confirm..He was DISTURBING just like this but I kept my cool ..To be honest, he did delivered then, exactly what I wanted, got paid fully as promise, as expected started asking for some tips because according to him he miss d road and travel longer blabla so I think I added a little for gas...The guy na funny werey and I think he has some MENTAL ISSUE..Infact I store his name as WEREY ROOF SUPPLIER....I also noticed his price are kinda of cheaper than anyone here and even in d open market, almost two years now and I think he has not changed...Like I said, I still don't know how anyone would CHEAT me with POD!!! It's even safer for me, especially because am d busy type, than going to the open market..
You've got a valid point there about not being cheated since it is PoD....
The issue is the time wastage and potentially missing on a good deal because you are waiting for a time waster.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 3:32pm On Apr 26
Blessedsunny2:
Tiles dealers

How much are these tiles going for today? Per piece? And per sqm? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 5:24pm On Apr 26
speak2bella:
Hello people, please I need your honest advice on how to remedy this sockaway project. The person is trying to build a precast sockaway because the soil is sandy. However, while trying to dig the ground so the precast sinks down, it cracked and why trying to figure that out, the side starts to compress.

I will be in the comment section to read your honest advice. Many thanks great minds.

In my own opinion, you will have to breakdown that Long Part of the Precast that is collapsing, no two ways about it.
Break it, retrieve your Iron Rods and redo it (Sink the smaller side first and then sink the new longer one.
Sorry about the waste of money but it is better than having a problematic Soak-away in the ground.

What caused it?
Let me hazard some guesses, from what l can see in the picture.

1) The Precast Walls are Too-Thin. There is a minimum spec for such Soak-away and l think the thickness should not be less than 18cm/1800mm/ 7inches.

2) The Precast was not properly Cured/Dried, before trying to submerge it. The surrounding ground Sand around the Precast will continue to exert external pressure on the Walls of the Precast and if it is not properly cured/dry, the pressure becomes too much for it to withstand and it will collapse. Ideally, you should allow concrete to cure for 21days before loading it (or 15days at the very least, if you water it constantly and it wont be carrying direct weight).

3) Wrong or Poor Mix Ratio. To get the best strength, each mix of Cement, Sand and Granite follow a particular order, depending of where the Concrete is to be used. If, as l suspect, the Sand is too much, or the Cement is not enough or Water is not enough in the mixture, it may not set properly and will buckle under the weight of the external pressure.

4) Finally, for "Long Walls" that will be under Pressure like the long side walls of a Precast Soak-away, l think it is usually good practice, to institute "Cross Columns" from the inside, at the Centre Precast.

Can l also suggest, as told by my "Bashy Builder" some years back, using STONE DUST in place of Sand, for Concrete Casting, gives a very strong result, I have tested this and found it to be true. With it, your Columns and Beams can be leaner but they are much more stronger.

It was when Artisans needed to Chisel a place, to fix a Door that was made too big by inches but we felt we should not reduce the Door but Chisel the Concrete Wall so it can fit in, that we realized that the Concrete made from that Stone Dust, is like steel, Chisels were just breaking and it showed us pepper. grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:29pm On Apr 26
Blessedsunny2:
Tiles dealers
Do you have this color?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 7:24pm On Apr 26
Contact us for your Architectural Designs and Construction Services

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:59pm On Apr 26
sonnie10:

Do you have this color?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeememman(m): 9:47pm On Apr 26
sonnie10:
The purpose of using mm in measurement is for precision. When you begin to have only zeros at the end of every measurement, it does not show precision and lacks attention to minute details.
I would trust a workman that gives a measurement in mm for say 458 x 1189 than another that gave 460 x 1200 for the same window space.
We know plastering will take care of that small difference but again, perfection is always good.
This inattention to little detail is why a window flew off an aircraft midair recently.
It is at finishing stage which window installation is part of that imperfections from masons/bricklayers are corrected. Irrespective of the minute difference in measurements of windows of similar sizes, such windows should be fabricated @same size to achieve uniformity. My humble opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TeetoBolt(m): 8:08am On Apr 27
Guys I need your help, my engineer is telling me that my foundation will be this tall due to swampy area, I am scared of the amount I will spend, any suggestions please

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 8:12am On Apr 27
TeetoBolt:
Guys I need your help, my engineer is telling me that my foundation will be this tall due to swampy area, I am scared of the amount I will spend, any suggestions please
what does the structural drawings say ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3659) (3660) (3661) (3662) (3663) (3664) (3665) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: stnkembu(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.