Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,527 members, 7,847,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:29 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4468733 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (3687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by preggi(m): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
battleaxe:
Hi @Next,
With all the many flaws that people speak of, I want to believe you're truly a good person at heart. Things probably just caught up with you or you used the wrong middlemen and things happened. Not a basis to do the wrong thing but stuff happens.

I've seen mention that you attend RCCG and also seen you quote from Open heavens.

I will like to beg you in the name of whatever it is that you hold dear, what gives you that drive and makes you work hard, please refund whatever it is you made a promise to. There is no price too big to pay to retain your honor and integrity.

Forget whatever associated mud has been slung and if indeed you made a promise, then fulfill it.

Prove people wrong. Let their bets go wrong. Pls do the honorable thing.

Thanks in advance.
Good one bro, real sense in your post.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
How much did you pay for a 3 phase meter. My contact is at agungi the area issuing office and says 68k all in. Does this include egunje me I no know.

My initial foray about 5-6 years ago I paid 85k and 30k of which I latter got to know was egunje but they told me processing fee. At the time I paid 55k as draft and 30k cash.

I also paid during meter installation. They wanted 15k but I paid less than 10k.

@maverick

danowena:

I actually thought after you collect the form for free and you pay the meter fee, you don't pay any money again. One PHCN man in the Lekki environs told me I have to pay 10k per form and I told him to go to blazes. So is this money official or just a back end collection.

Madam gabbytabby, please any comment on this Ma'am?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:29pm On Aug 17, 2016
AZUH:
Something tells me that itswell1, mavverick , egunmojagi , erico2k2 is .......
It should be noted that some of us have Jobs
Even though we have unlimited Internet access . We got to be productive

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thanks.

Seems straightforward. I think we discussed this before by AbdulWastecx.

I wonder why no one has used it yet in here.
Its uneconomical to use a rib or waffle slab for our residential buildings since our residential buildings have span requirements less < 5m.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
olumide4christ:

Here are some pics....many high rise buildings in the Victoria Island area of Lagos are built using hollow clay pot floor slab instead of solid concrete slab.
Its not economical for office complex and apartment buildings with huge span requirements to use solid slabs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
mavverick:
For the avoidance of any doubt, I will suggest that NOBODY should be mistaken, I am not part of any spat going on within this thread. I'm actively reading from the sidelines, just want to set the record straight.

Really?

Was it not because of you that we were fighting Brabus, till he paid you 300K?
You then turn around to insult us when we said you should stop spamming this thread.
You arraigned some of your boys and other fake user-id to attack anyone that cautions you to use any of the threads created for bashing Brabus or demanding a refund

Now, you say you are Buhari, for everyone and for nobody.

This your record is really-really STRAIGHT

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2016
gabbytabby:
How much did you pay for a 3 phase meter. My contact is at agungi the area issuing office and says 68k all in. Does this include egunje me I no know.

My initial foray about 5-6 years ago I paid 85k and 30k of which I latter got to know was egunje but they told me processing fee. At the time I paid 55k as draft and 30k cash.

I also paid during meter installation. They wanted 15k but I paid less than 10k.

@maverick

The 68k is official as you pay it to the bank. But I was told the contractors will not stamp ur form and send it for processing if u don't pay the 15-10k stamping fee. And if u prove stubborn, u may wait indefinitely for ur Meter.
I am not surprised about their installation fee at all.
Ikeja gives the Meter for free. I challenged eko on this when I went to their head office. They said whatever we pay is removed gradually from our bill. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
msogunro:
It's getting real!!!

Just received some pics of the fence construction from my brother-in-law. The excavation doesn't look as neat as I've see on NL, but since I'm not on ground there is not much I can do.

See how close my neigbor's building is to the boundary.

Congrats on ground breaking grin

I miss this part.

The neighbor thing is actually a blessing in disguise. Just place laundry rooms and stuff on that side.

Is he going halfs on the wall?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Excuzeme

when did I attack you ?
I made comments about last page and not excuseme, are you also lastpage?

I don't have any boys o. So everyone that has stood up for common sense and truth is my boy right. Does that mean that you are also my boy ? Because as I know it you once upon a time stood up for those values.

Excuzeme:

Really?

Was it not because of you that we were fighting Brabus, till he paid you 300K?
You then turn around to insult us when we said you should stop spamming this thread.
You arraigned some of your boys and other fake user-id to attack anyone that cautions you to use any of the threads created for bashing Brabus or demanding a refund

Now, you say you are Buhari, for everyone and for nobody.

This your record is really-really STRAIGHT

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Congrats on ground breaking grin

I miss this part.

The neighbor thing is actually a blessing in disguise. Just place laundry rooms and stuff on that side.

Is he going halfs on the wall?

Thanks Chief!

Half ke? Not at all. It's alright though.

If all goes as planned, December will be when some serious ground breaking begins.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
Stamping attracts a fee. Like I said before it's between 5-10k depending on how well you can negotiate.
then installation you just have to settle them. The stamping, there is no official prescribed fee, if you can get a top nepa brass to do it for you, that will be better as they might be useful later on.

danowena:

The 68k is official as you pay it to the bank. But I was told the contractors will not stamp ur form and send it for processing if u don't pay the 15-10k stamping fee. And if u prove stubborn, u may wait indefinitely for ur Meter.
Ikeja gives the Meter for free. I challenged eko on this when I went to their head office. They said whatever we pay is removed gradually from our bill. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
mavverick:
Stamping attracts a fee. Like I said before it's between 5-10k depending on how well you can negotiate.
then installation you just have to settle them. The stamping, there is no official prescribed fee, if you can get a top nepa brass to do it for you, that will be better as they might be useful later on.

Na wa o o. I have to negotiate stamping fee. This country go better true true. mtcheeww
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2016
mavverick:
Excuzeme

when did I attack you ?
I made comments about last page and not excuseme, are you also lastpage?

I don't have any boys o. So everyone that has stood up for common sense and truth is my boy right. Does that mean that you are also my boy ? Because as I know it you once upon a time stood up for those values.

Dont play smart, this is your comment below and l have highlighted where you did so.
Which username did you Email and asked to give you a contact number and l gave you?
Dont forget we still both have the Emails in our box.

mavverick:
Hmmmmn

Interesting.

Are you serious that folks were reaching out to you complaining that you spoiling his business was the reason for them not getting paid. How are you sure that those user ID's are not one from Bosun himself trying to gag you.

I once asked a username here that emailed me for a contact number, and straight away they ran off grin. I have a sneaky suspicion the person is LastPage under a different disguise. I think the creation of new user ID's should not be as easy as the way it currently is, there are things that can be done, it will not eradicate it, but it will make it a little harder. For now, I do not reply any username that emails me, except for the tried and tested and the very few with integrity.

Stop pretending and go straight to the point about who you are referring to, no need to act cowardly.
You did not just Email me for a contact number.
You wanted me to assist you in arresting Brabus.
Did l run-off or did you say that YOU (the complainant) cannot come out of your hiding to testify?

I still have our Emails.

I am sure that everyone here remember that it was me, @Excuzeme, that gave Brabus an altimatum to pay Maverick. You can read it here on page 127 of this thread.
So, how can he now be accusing me of siding with Brabus now, simply because l and many others asked him to take the complaint of the remaining change to the threads created for it and stop spamming this one, after collecting back 300K??

I gave Maverick, certain referrals and phone number to use but l noticed that he were backing-out and not ready to do anything about it. He wanted me to arrest Brabus for him while he remain anonymous and l said l cant (its not my complaint or money).

I noticed that you were trying to hide your person and it got me wondering if l was even dealing with a straight person or someone with a criminal background who cannot show his face before the authorities like EFCC or SFU.
I was asking myself, why does he not want to go to Fraud Section at Milverton, where l refer him to, and is asking me to do everything for him?
How can l help you arrest someone, when you the complainant is not ready to come forward? What and why are you hiding your face?
Even if you are a Londoner, you do come home to build your house so why cant you show face and arrest him when you are around?
But he was not ready to come forward.
So, why should l be the one reporting Brabus when you are not ready to come forward?
Even when Brabus asked him to come forward so they can confront the LASBCA official, he refused to come forward! WHY?

Who then is running

But let me say this. I am very honoured to be compared to Mr/Mrs Lastpage (but l will go for the Mister, judging by the content of writing). Something like that was said in February by Fastshipping or Segzy14 that we have same style of writing but that is not even the issue except that it is foolish to call me Brabus
It is a good thing to be compared to a good person that have always showed a lot of wisdom here, even most of you here have confirmed this in many, many previous post.
One thing is clear, when you Emailed me privately to help you arrest brabus, you did not call me all those names but when l did not allow you to use me for your dirty work, l became your enemy.
Go back to my previous post on Brabus, l was one of the very, very vocal few who insisted Brabus must pay you back.
Everything is still here on Nairaland from around page 125 to 128
I even fought with Egunmogaji (who was a pal of Brabus back then) over your refund matter.
Funny that the tables have turned now (bBrabus and Egunmogaji are enemies while you have turned on me). shocked
You are a very sneaky person and someone that must never be trusted in anyway. angry

I am happy that Brabus have paid you 75% (300K) of that money but l wish l was never a part of those who pressure him to pay you.
You can use all your fake i'd's to try to pressure him to pay you more but it is up to him.
You don grow teeth now, go and arrest him and let us see if you can (without showing your face) , as @AZUH has said. undecided

I dare you to go to the Police, at this stage.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 12:58am On Aug 18, 2016
I wont reply to this matter HERE anymore so as not to derail the thread.
Choose one of those Brabus bashing threads that was setup and let us go there to iron this out.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 18, 2016
podosci:

Its uneconomical to use a rib or waffle slab for our residential buildings since our residential buildings have span requirements less < 5m.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

Thanks Chief!

Half ke? Not at all. It's alright though.

If all goes as planned, December will be when some serious ground breaking begins.

I think I'll be on the ground then to redo my "Abule Orule" and do the main house roof also, maybe I'll get an invite. I don't generally forage past gate area.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2016
I want to share this video with our esteemed builders in the house. It's length no doubt so put that into consideration.

Please look at the foundation, round beam, wiring and lintels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPkqId3D8pU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 1:35am On Aug 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I think I'll be on the ground then to redo my "Abule Orule" and do the main house roof also, maybe I'll get an invite. I don't generally forage past gate area.

You're invited anytime boss. Just don't try to steal my boulders!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

You're invited anytime boss. Just don't try to steal my boulders!! grin grin

My plans have been foiled grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:26am On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

Re: the alakuta's you mentioned sometime ago. My people have asked around and haven't been able to locate any alakuta's.
If anyone knows of alakuta's (manual boulder breakers) in Ibadan or that can travel to Ibadan, please let me know. Ese!!

May be they don't exist anymore... you know everyone in Nigeria nowadays want to get rich without working for it...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:32am On Aug 18, 2016
@ Excuzeme, gradually the truth is unfolding.

He can't prosecute Brabus whose office is just 5 minutes away from his house. But can he?

He can't contest fake approval with the Lagos state official whose office is just 5 minutes away from his house.

I didn't expect anything less because I've dealt with him before.

Well, can I say it's really God at work. Thank God you made me to pay him what I've paid so far and thank God he didn't disappoint by making you an object of ridicule while trying to tell him to stop his incessant attack on me along with his cyber gangs.

God is great!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 4:32am On Aug 18, 2016
3strikes did his fairly recently so maybe he can shed some light. A.neighbour of mine also told me 69k but he was yet to collect it as at 2 weeks ago.

My suggestion is to pay your 68k then take the draft and all paperwork to agungi for processing. Give them 5 weeks then go back to halla if necessary.

danowena:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:40am On Aug 18, 2016
battleaxe:
Hi @Next,
With all the many flaws that people speak of, I want to believe you're truly a good person at heart. Things probably just caught up with you or you used the wrong middlemen and things happened. Not a basis to do the wrong thing but stuff happens.

I've seen mention that you attend RCCG and also seen you quote from Open heavens.

I will like to beg you in the name of whatever it is that you hold dear, what gives you that drive and makes you work hard, please refund whatever it is you made a promise to. There is no price too big to pay to retain your honor and integrity.

Forget whatever associated mud has been slung and if indeed you made a promise, then fulfill it.

Prove people wrong. Let their bets go wrong. Pls do the honorable thing.

Thanks in advance.

I really want to thank you for this and May Gid bless you real good.

Do you really think the money in question is the problem here? No!

I've given Maverrick the condition for payment so its no longer my choice again.

I know God will take care of everything. It's only matter of time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:50am On Aug 18, 2016
Excuzeme:

Dont play smart, this is your comment below and l have highlighted where you did so.
Which username did you Email and asked to give you a contact number and l gave you?

Stop pretending and go straight to the point about who you are referring to, no need to act cowardly.
Did l run-off or did you say that YOU (the complainant) cannot come out of your hiding to testify?

I still have our Emails.

I am sure that everyone here remember that it was me, @Excuzeme, that gave Brabus an altimatum to pay Maverick. You can read it here on page 127 of this thread.
So, how can he now be accusing me of siding with Brabus now, simply because l and many others asked him to take the complaint of the remaining change to the threads created for it and stop spamming this one, after collecting back 300K??

I gave Maverick, certain referrals and phone number to use but l noticed that he were backing-out and not ready to do anything about it. He wanted me to arrest Brabus for him while he remain anonymous and l said l cant (its not my complaint or money).

I noticed that you were trying to hide your person and it got me wondering if l was even dealing with a straight person or someone with a criminal background who cannot show his face before the authorities like EFCC or SFU.
I was asking myself, why does he not want to go to Fraud Section at Milverton, where l refer him to, and is asking me to do everything for him?
How can l help you arrest someone, when you the complainant is not ready to come forward? What and why are you hiding your face?
Even if you are a Londoner, you do come home to build your house so why cant you show face and arrest him when you are around?
So, why should l be the one reporting Brabus when you are not ready to come forward?
Even when Brabus asked him to come forward so they can confront the LASBCA official, he refused to come forward! WHY?

Who then is running

But let me say this. I am very honoured to be compared to Mr/Mrs Lastpage (but l will go for the Mister, judging by the content of writing). Something like that was said in February by Fastshipping or Segzy14 that we have same style of writing but that is not even the issue except that it is foolish to call me Brabus
It is a good thing to be compared to a good person that have always showed a lot of wisdom here, even most of you here have confirmed this in many, many previous post.
One thing is clear, when you Emailed me privately to help you arrest brabus, you did not call me all those names but when l did not allow you to use me for your dirty work, l became your enemy.
Go back to my previous post on Brabus, l was one of the very, very vocal few who insisted Brabus must pay you back.
I even fought with Egunmogaji (who was a pal of Brabus back then) over your refund matter.
Funny that the tables have turned now (bBrabus and Egunmogaji are enemies while you have turned on me). shocked
You are a very sneaky person and someone that must never be trusted in anyway. angry

I am happy that Brabus have paid you 75% (300K) of that money but l wish l was never a part of those who pressure him to pay you.
You can use all your fake i'd's to try to pressure him to pay you more but it is up to him.
You don grow teeth now, go and arrest him and let us see if you can (without showing your face) , as @AZUH has said. undecided

Baba Excuzeme, I have to quote this as it is very vital.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by destruction11: 6:00am On Aug 18, 2016
Mavverick , I know pride won't make you hug a brother from another mother in public. grin Agarawu take ties very serious o . smiley does bro sukanmi Agoro ring a bell in your head? wink I was on phone with him yesterday tho I don't care about you but I just want to be sure you are from that same family. The Agoro's aren't dumb okay? Smart up and be MAN.

after knowing you are a family I know even if I dont know you in particular cos agoro's is a big family, i won't change my words cos agarawu doesn't "eat" his words........ I wasn't bias, i was on the right side.

Excuzeme has said it all, only criminals will be scared to use forces on a debtor and i have said it that your way no pure thats why u cant challenge brabus offline instead of using your cyber thugs and i can see your boss (3strikes) and the BBM crew member as a whole has been recruitting new members and resurrecting old account to attack US here. Lol i have members too but they fight for the right and not the wrong.

Do with the 300k brabus paid and let go of things that won't yield positive result because I still stand with brabus. He has paid you 300k and yet you still frustrate him both offline and online because of 100k sending thugs and riff raffs to derail this thread everyday........what if he didnt pay at all nko? You will bring this forum down Grow up bro and be a good boy wink

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 6:53am On Aug 18, 2016
Excuzeme:

I still have our Emails.

Who then is running

Wow !!! so much revelations in this write-up, l wish things can come back to normal here to what the thread was all about originally?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:02am On Aug 18, 2016
n3xt:

Baba Excuzeme, I have to quote this as it is very vital.
Bosun in the Name of God make sure you do not pay 1kobo more. cool

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2016
Sometime we should let go and let God.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:
It's getting real!!!

Just received some pics of the fence construction from my brother-in-law. The excavation doesn't look as neat as I've see on NL, but since I'm not on ground there is not much I can do.

See how close my neigbor's building is to the boundary.

shocked shocked I never knew your neighbor's building is this close. It's good as you define his boundary for him now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 8:00am On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

Very rocky. They've been digging for two full days now. I was told some areas were extremely difficult to dig.

Re: the alakuta's you mentioned sometime ago. My people have asked around and haven't been able to locate any alakuta's.

If anyone knows of alakuta's (manual boulder breakers) in Ibadan or that can travel to Ibadan, please let me know. Ese!!
About the stones, I think have asked about your intentions on it b4.

You will need people dat use jackhammer so dey can finely cut the stones to aggregates which will be very useful for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 18, 2016
I ask the following question to all waring parties with the outmost of all seriousness.

How can we put our swords back in the sheath and return home from the war front?

Is it still possible or we've passsed the point of no return?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I ask the following question to all waring parties with the outmost of all seriousness.

How can we put our swords back in the sheath and return home from the war front?

Is it still possible or we've passsed the point of no return?
very possible. Let the anti Brabus spammers stop spamming the thread with their issues and take it to threads already created for that purpose. Let this thread serve it's intended purpose. It is bigger than 1 person and if anyone feels cheated by Bosun let them report to the appropriate security agency for redress and let us hear word here. Online ranting and wailing cannot help their cause and just cause unnecessary distraction to the good we all stand to benefit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (3687) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.