Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,091 members, 7,852,692 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4484327 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

And the 100K doesn't include shipping.
If it was bough i n the Uk, you can do it fru barrels, anything inside £180
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
back2sender:

These equipment cannot crush the kind rock am seeing at gunro land.
That thing will disable any thing put together by man.Its a mechanical chisel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
erico2k2:

the blue barrels in my area are $350. I will still need to clear it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:
If only all the anger on this thread could be used to break the boulders on my site.

One of the reason I asked about the challenges envisaged.

This is serious!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:
If only all the anger on this thread could be used to break the boulders on my site.
ahaha I nor envy una at all grin grin grin
for me the kind race wey I go pick from that site Bolt dey learn grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
erico2k2:

That thing will disable any thing put together by man.Its a mechanical chisel

We call it demolition hammer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

the blue barrels in my area are $350. I will still need to clear it.
Clear it? your folks are criminals lol
my end U just go to their ware house in Lagos to collect your barrel end off.
The can even deliver to you at the co nfort of your home in any state for an additional fee

This one below is Electric and its less than N60K in today's money

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Back2sender keep waiting . You're not getting any word from me .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
erico2k2:

Clear it? your folks are criminals lol
my end U just go to their ware house in Lagos to collect your barrel end off.
The can even deliver to you at the co nfort of your home in any state for an additional fee

This one below is Electric and its less than N60K in today's money

Hopefully years of paying clearing fees are over. Please share their contact info. Hopefully they have partners in the U.S.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
n3xt:

One of the reason I asked about the challenges envisaged.

This is serious!

I never experred it!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

Hopefully years of paying clearing fees are over. Please share their contact info. Hopefully they have partners in the U.S.
Ok will do ASAP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
msogunro:

I never experred it!!

That's real life. You're no longer inside the classroom learning again. You're indeed the classroom now.

May God give you the wisdom and the resources required.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
erico2k2:

There are smaller ones now.
Electric powered and petrol powered arround that range

Yea, have nt tested Dere efficacy sha.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok will do ASAP

Thank you sir

n3xt:

That's real life. You're no longer inside the classroom learning again. You're indeed the classroom now.

Amen!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
n3xt:

Blood of Zechariah cool cool

I thought it was too expensive when I hired it in Akoka at 16k per point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9hoKji7GXM

It's nt dt expensive. I guess it's d operator dat s expensive.

@msogunro, d guy I contact said he won't like to take his machinery outside Lagos. He promised to check on his colleagues. So let's see Wat ll happen by tomorrow. At least to know how much they will charge.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:15am On Aug 19, 2016
n3xt:

But Why
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by wanaj0: 5:01am On Aug 19, 2016
Very interesting thread. Brabus, you get many enemies. People are failing to tell you the truth. Your issues with maverick is 'private' and you people can settle it privately. No point clogging the bandwith with that.

What is however of concern to me is your competence and professionalism! With the various mistakes you have made in building you need to change your approach. You are not a BUILDER neither are you are building professional. That I work in an hospital does not make me a medical doctor even if I can use all the medical jargons. You have admitted of being negligence. There is a 'price' for professional negligence and misconduct. Don't push your luck too far. Don't offer 'professional' advice that you are not competent or certified to give. Check out the small prints with regards to financial advice for example. You don't need to 'impersonate' a building professional in anyway. Come clear on your education, competence and experience. Passion is not the same as competency.

However, that you are not a building professional does not mean you cannot operate in the industry. It just mean that you need to have the required professionals to help you as you go ahead. You can employ or partner professionals to help or work with you. That is what people o. Get people who can COMPLEMENT them to work with them. People who can cover up for their weaknesses.

Packaging can open the door but professionalism and competence is what will sustain. You should not promise the impossible. You should be upfront with your client. Fighting with past, present or future customers is a mistake. Trying to prove 'right' with your customers will damage your brand. Being insensitive to the plight of your client is unbecoming. The issue with QC1 is the last straw. He was told to avoid you. He trusted you and you destroy that trust!

And please, separate your family from your business! How dare you bring your family (including innocent kids) into the dispute you have with your client? Where is corporate separateness?

You have a bright future. Don't destroy it before you even start off with pride and arrogance.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2016
n3xt:
Good morning. @ wanaj0, thanks for the advice. Your points are well noted.

I've never offered an advice to anyone here that I am not competent to give. And neither have I imposed any of my advices on anyone.

The things I've done here:

1. I asked someone here Isn't it better to take a look at your roof design and ask your architect to redesign to avoid future maintenance issue? That's not professional advice. It's just a suggestion to avoid a known evil that the professional failed to address. Shocking the only fix after years of fighting and troubles was to redesign the same roof as I suggested.

2. I've asked here that help is needed to address a major issue with a foundation and suggested a fix at the groundwork stage with the hope that everything will be addressed when it is still manageable before imposing too many loads. Its so bad that we are now trying to address the same issue after putting to many energies and resources into the project.

3. Of recent, I have asked someone if he has considered the challenges of a particular terrain and how he planned to address them. That's not professional advice (it's not scientific or technical). It's just simple common sense and we can see the major hurdles been faced at pre-foundation stage.

4. So many more too numerous to recount.

99% of the people who had dealings with me post 2014 have never seen me before nor met any of my family. But the ones who have done are people who have been too close to the family. The ones who have stayed till midnight in my house. They are the ones who are saying all sorts. I don't bring my family into my business. They (my family) don't even come to H52 let alone visit clients.

The talk about packaging. I agreed that I put much energy into my presentations and the way I address issues. That's the same way I do it in the real world. This is because I've dealt with real professionals and I knew what they wanted.

The opportunity this platform has afforded us has been greatly abused. If I'm open enough to build live on a forum like this, I believe I'm trying to pass information across to everyone that I'm open to criticism and professional advices and not just the negative energies which is a common thing in this part of the world.

Again, thank you for your advices. As part of the first fix, I've been busy working on myself (separate Brabus from the real business) and will surely stage one of the biggest comeback.

________
Now, I'm back to Boulders Class. Let the Pros teach us what we need to know.

God bless us all. Amen.
Oga n3xt am still waiting oo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Most of those that are failing to tell him the truth do not like him, or are also his other monikers (Azuh etc). So best to just ignore that one, the chicken leg pillar was plagiarism (from another persons post here on NL). I think this has been pointed out before, so lets not waste time on him or any of the other monikers.

Bosun Shoyoye, does he still have a brand ? I wonder the answer to the question, it feels like its a war that he must win, and interesting that he keeps digging a hole for himself, lets see how deep. How many clients get time for such war ?

wanaj0:
Very interesting thread. Brabus, you get many enemies. People are failing to tell you the truth. Your issues with maverick is 'private' and you people can settle it privately. No point clogging the bandwith with that.

What is however of concern to me is your competence and professionalism! With the various mistakes you have made in building you need to change your approach. You are not a BUILDER neither are you are building professional. That I work in an hospital does not make me a medical doctor even if I can use all the medical jargons. You have admitted of being negligence. There is a 'price' for professional negligence and misconduct. Don't push your luck too far. Don't offer 'professional' advice that you are not competent or certified to give. Check out the small prints with regards to financial advice for example. You don't need to 'impersonate' a building professional in anyway. Come clear on your education, competence and experience. Passion is not the same as competency.

However, that you are not a building professional does not mean you cannot operate in the industry. It just mean that you need to have the required professionals to help you as you go ahead. You can employ or partner professionals to help or work with you. That is what people o. Get people who can COMPLEMENT them to work with them. People who can cover up for their weaknesses.

Packaging can open the door but professionalism and competence is what will sustain. You should not promise the impossible. You should be upfront with your client. Fighting with past, present or future customers is a mistake. Trying to prove 'right' with your customers will damage your brand. Being insensitive to the plight of your client is unbecoming. The issue with QC1 is the last straw. He was told to avoid you. He trusted you and you destroy that trust!

And please, separate your family from your business! How dare you bring your family (including innocent kids) into the dispute you have with your client? Where is corporate separateness?

You have a bright future. Don't destroy it before you even start off with pride and arrogance.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 19, 2016
n3xt:

This is all I can put up for the narrow and odd shaped plot. I've finished drafting before I looked at your message requesting for a guest bed. That'll be a little bit hard though.

What I have here is as follow:

A small porch leads into the house can also serve as reception for guest that does not necessarily need to have access into the main house.

Then, there is an Open plan living room and a dog-legged staircase with a visitors toilet tucked under the stair landing. The 33sqm living space is fair enough for the building size.

The Kitchen is spacious enough to eliminate the need for a store or pantry (if you have a very good cabinet design) and also boast of about 3sqm terrace. A bonus space.

On the upper floor, you move straight into the family living space with a Juliet balcony (in times when you want to have a feel of the outside world without having the real space to play with, Juliet balcony comes to mind).

There are 3 bedrooms (ensuite) on the first floor.

The overall footprint sits on less than 75sqm.

That's all I can do for now. There are many more design ideas.

________
Don't mind the sketch design. I just had to quickly put something on paper for you.

- Brabus
Oh! I love this very well. Thank u Brabus

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Happy weekend to everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:59am On Aug 19, 2016
Happy weekend to everyone...

So we rounded off electrical wiring for this site

https://www.nairaland.com/3242029/norther-foreshore-project-electrical-cctv
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
whizbrain:
Oh! I love this very well. Thank u Brabus

You'll need a professional touch on the drawing to do the dimensions and introduce the necessary structural and architectural elements. You also need a good modeller to put life (floor-to-ceiling Windows in the lounge, architectural pillars, quoins and cornices) into it.

You should be able to pull this off with N13.5m or thereabout (Basic finishing) if you're not picking Quartz, marble tops, chrome finished balustrades and 3D floors.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Recently had 9 1 phase meters installed. the 9 forms cost 40k to be signed and installation 15k for all the meters. Each meter cost about 39k

danowena:

The 68k is official as you pay it to the bank. But I was told the contractors will not stamp ur form and send it for processing if u don't pay the 15-10k stamping fee. And if u prove stubborn, u may wait indefinitely for ur Meter.
I am not surprised about their installation fee at all.
Ikeja gives the Meter for free. I challenged eko on this when I went to their head office. They said whatever we pay is removed gradually from our bill. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
@whizbrain....you better be very very careful otherwise you wlll get your fingers badly burnt. I am still battling with brabus issues after paying him a total of almost 20m as at December last year and my house is still yet to be roofed. One story after another. I saw the signs on the wall but i am someone who also believed in giving people second chances. Don't make the worst mistake of your life so far. Now, I am just trying to find a way out of the virus called Bosun Shoyoye a.k.a Brabus. That guy will kill your dreams.

Babalose

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
Please flash me I wan ask you something. No hurry when you are less busy is fine.

erico2k2:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
babalose:
@whizbrain....you better be very very careful otherwise you wlll get your fingers badly burnt. I am still battling with brabus issues after paying him a total of almost 20m as at December last year and my house is still yet to be roofed. One story after another. I saw the signs on the wall but i am someone who also believed in giving people second chances. Don't make the worst mistake of your life so far. Now, I am just trying to find a way out of the virus called Bosun Shoyoye a.k.a Brabus. That guy will kill your dreams.

Babalose

Sir,

Please, let's know what happened between you and Brabus. It is very important.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
FastShipping:

Sir,

Please, let's know what happened between you and Brabus. It is very important.
Please don't encourage him to do so...,

---------
May be difficult to handle......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnetimeOnly: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
segcymoor:

Please don't encourage him to do so...,

---------
May be difficult to handle......

How can someone sharing his experiences with a builder who gives "advice" on this forum be too much to handle?
This thread devolved into the gutter because people kept advocating sweeping the issue under the rug, and deflecting the clear INCOMPETENCE and DISHONESTY of the fraudster builder..

More information is always good. I am not advocating mud-slinging. I just want people to have more information about who they are recieving building "services" and "advice" about.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
The thread below has been modified to include all names of those who have been reported with Grievances:

So come to the thread below and vent your anger and add to the list:

Note:
Names of Builders/Contractors/Suppliers etc. with reported Grievances will be listed below:

1. Brabus - reported by several Clients.

Review, Bash Or Praise Your Clients, Builders, Suppliers Or Service Providers
https://www.nairaland.com/3038050/review-bash-praise-clients-builders#44537037

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.