Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404151 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
FastShipping:

They have Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore paint in Nigeria now.

Thanks, I think I saw someone on here posting about Sherwin Williams.

Will it be our Sherwin Williams or naija own?

I'm being decidedly prudent on expenses for the garage apartment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
FastShipping:

They have Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore paint in Nigeria now.

And there is always Dulux, which kobo-kobo guys like us cannot afford so we go for locally produced.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thanks, I think I saw someone on here posting about Sherwin Williams.

Will it be our Sherwin Williams or naija own?

I'm being decidedly prudent on expenses for the garage apartment.

She is still here. She's actually selling real SW paint.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
mufutau55:

And there is always Dulux, which kobo-kobo guys like us cannot afford so we go for locally produced.

Hajji M.

Kobo kobo and you are about to complete 6 bedroom duplex with two living rooms and 5 bathrooms. You can definitely afford that Dulux paint but you just don't see why you should use Dulux paint.

You have been blessed sir. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 3:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And some of us don't even want tile. It seems like Nigerians are equating tiles with class, just like they do duplexes grin

Give me a stained concrete floor and a few Persian rugs and I'll be a happy camper.

Here you go sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
ottersberger:

Here you go sir.

Ose bami.

I flew with some of your military countrymen three days ago. They were coming to Las Vegas for military training maneuvers. I was quite alarmed at first seeing about 30 hefty german men boarding the plane. I think the smallest is about 6'6" tall grin

What do you guys feed on over there?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Ose bami.

I flew with some of your military countrymen three days ago. They were coming to Las Vegas for military training maneuvers. I was quite alarmed at first seeing about 30 hefty german men boarding the plane. I think the smallest is about 6'6" tall grin

Love this one.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
FastShipping:

Kobo kobo and you are about to complete 6 bedroom duplex with two living rooms and 5 bathrooms. You can definitely afford that Dulux paint but you just don't see why you should use Dulux paint.

Thank you jare my brother. Just trying to hide in an open space ni o. smiley
We surely thank God o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by barakah(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello House,
Please has anybody got information on price,experts,names and measurement of this home interior item?
It's the modern type of window blind and it comes in varieties and different colors.
That's about all i know.
I want to use it for my living room but i don't know where to get it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
barakah:
Hello House,
Please has anybody got information on price,experts,names and measurement of this home interior item?
It's the modern type of window blind and it comes in varieties and different colors.
That's about all i know.

There are two peoples offering here on NL. I have contacted them at one point. One of them even
installed somr windows in a friend house. I will check for their logon names. I actually have their numbers on my Whatsapp but nit sure if they want it in public.
send me an email if you have my address.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
FastShipping:

Hian, l have forwarded your name & Egunmogaji to EFCC to investigate both of you because you keep saying kobo-kobo business and you and Egunmogaji are building mansions in Nigeria discreetly, it has been established that you and Egunmogaji have spent over 100 Million Dollars in your mansions in Nigeria, EFCC promised to give me 10% for telling them about the 2 of you, meanwhile @lastpage, l will start following your footsteps by coloring my write-ups/ post tongue

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ottersberger(m): 6:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Ose bami.

It's mostly genetics I guess. My small boy is over 1.90m, and na me born am

Our Eurofighter Typhoon pilots train over the Nevada desert. These were probably the guys you encountered.

I followed through your experience in Ibadan, learned a thing or two. Surely, we both agree on what flooring ought to look like and indeed efficient modern construction methods.

Welcome back home.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 6:40pm On Feb 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:

Hian, l have forwarded your name & Egunmogaji to EFCC to investigate both of you because you keep saying kobo-kobo business and you and Egunmogaji are building mansions in Nigeria discreetly, it has been established that you and Egunmogaji have spent over 100 Million Dollars in your mansions in Nigeria, EFCC promised to give me 10% for telling them about the 2 of you, meanwhile @lastpage, l will start following your footsteps by coloring my write-ups/ post tongue

God and Hajj are my witnesses sir. I'm yet to spend fraction of you just stated. I'm struggling to complete my shack.

Anyway, I'm trying to be like the Asiwajus' in Egunmogaji and Hajj. They move while I follow. God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2017
FastShipping:

God and Hajj are my witnesses sir. I'm yet to spend fraction of you just stated. I'm struggling to complete my shack.

Anyway, I'm trying to be like the Asiwajus' in Egunmogaji and Hajj. They move while I follow. God bless.
grin grin grin cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:

grin

Me wey I dey lay one block per year in some kind of village in the very outskirts of Ibadan.

If I have 100 million dollars perhaps Nigeria will be the last place I look to retire in. I'll just go buy some small island in the pacific, build a shack and fish all day.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
barakah:
Hello House,
That's about all i know.

i think i have a girl contact that does it.. she does interior deco
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin

Me wey I dey lay one block per year in some kind of village in the very outskirts of Ibadan.

If I have 100 million dollars perhaps Nigeria will be the last place I look to retire in. I'll just go buy some small island in the pacific, build a shack and fish all day.
You have done well with your build, it will be difficult for anybody to know you have money or not, l like your style, l agree with your last sentence, with 100 Million Dollars, l will retire to a small island in the Caribbean buy a small resort there, open a 5 star hotel and other businesses while l relax with my Caribbean girl to rub Cuban cigar on my chest daily by the pool. Lol grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
FastShipping:

Love this one.

this is lovely.. nicely done.. i believe dominion can create that wall...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin

baba hope u will still be around next satuday.. will be coming around bodija
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
Photo of the day...
grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2017
twinskenny:

baba hope u will still be around next satuday.. will be coming around bodija

Would have loved to meet you but I'm back in California to make more dollars. I'll be back soon in sha allah as I miss Ibadan die.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Would have loved to meet you but I'm back in California to make more dollars. I'll be back soon in sha allah as I miss Ibadan die.
Ok now
Welcome back. Can you tell us some work progress U witnesse along lagos- Ibadan expressway reconstruction.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2017
KolaShangOne:
Photo of the day...
grin
what is that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

God bless sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:

I have recieved teh Intel from EFCC, we are just waiting for a whistle blower grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2017
erico2k2:

I have recieved teh Intel from EFCC, we are just waiting for a whistle blower grin grin grin
Thank you, EFCC must do a thorough investigation on both of them, 100 Million Dollars is a lot of cash and they keep saying they are building kobo-kobo house grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 8:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
lastpage:

No please, dont quit!
Just remember, when Cement was being sold for #2 a Bag, some did not build a house but others built when it was sold at #50 per bag.
Remember that when the Banker earning close to 500K monthly could not build a house, a lowly paid teacher built a Bungalow!
It all boils down to planning, foresight and determination.

YOU will finish this one you have started, in God's name.... by fire, by force. as we say! undecided undecided

Now, how far have you gone?
*How much do you have left (cash)?
*Whatever your projected income stream is, all you need to do is just to "change tactics".

1.) Is your building a "mansion"? (most first builds are) - You can scale it down a bit, for now........... and still build your Mansion later!

2.) Is it possible that you continue with a certain part that you can finish with what money you have (like ground floor), move into it and finish the rest in bits, as money comes in?
Money will come, no bad situation last forever but only those who dont give-up midway, can take advantage of the "change", when it comes! be ready to do so.
3.) Some materials get more expensive quickly than others (Like Cables (prone to high inflation...compared to WC! ). Some Material move a build much further than others (Blocks give the impression you are almost done while Plastering just sucks your money).
Plumbing is the cheapest in finishing while Tiling and Wiring consumes most money!

It is okay to take a break but please, whatever Money you have on you now, dont divert it to other things (like second wife! grin ), just use it to buy Original Cables or Aluminium Roofing Sheets (they dont expire unlike Cement, they are never out of fashion unlike Accessories).
That Man called AllCopacetic can be very helpful in this regard!) and Keep them safely where you live now (Dont let your Landlord see them o, otherwise you are due for a rent increase! shocked ) You can buy smaller Accessories like Taps, Sinks too, if you have good storage space.
The idea is just to keep your money busy and productive towards your house.

4.) Mould Blocks yourself instead of buying.
Why do you need "Stone Dust" Blocks, when you are not building a mini-vault? Okay, what about buying 15Tons of Stone Dust and some Cement... then get a Moulder to mould it at your site? it will definitely be cheaper than buying ready-made ones!

5.) Sacrifice time to go to the market and buy what yo need for building! There is a very high "extra price" to pay, in you leave every buying decision to your contractor! Ofc, it can save you as much as 35% overall cost but it is a lot of "effort" though like Egun, you can also have fun while doing so.

6.) Develop strong negotiation skills when dealing with Artisans! Remember, they have heard ..and do use the "na Dollar cause am" story as well! undecided
7.) Create time to supervise your build, Lend a hand if need be and you are capable DIY man. (Buy the Tools, they make the work very easy!
When a Carpenter charges you an exorbitant amount just to nail two woods together, ask him to 'break it down' into stages (you are learning! ) and if his price would not come down, DO IT YOURSELF and save the money or just hire a "Labourer" to do the heavy lifting (and pay him a daily rate) while you be the "Oga" and supply the know-how! At the end of the day, you will save about 70% on such not too demanding job.

I know how frustrating it is to be saving to build and prices are skyrocketing daily, especially if you are already at your wits end but what YOU MUST NEVER ENTERTAIN is the thought of abandoning your project!

Keep reminding yourself (infact, write and print it on a Big A4 paper and paste it across your bed so that iy is the first thing you will see each day you wake Up: When the going gets tough, it is the time that ONLY the Tough, get going.... I AM TOUGHER THAN ANYONE THINKS!
Every minute of your spare time, just imagine yourself in your own house, calling the shots and your wife doing Mummy Landlady! grin

I just hope your Landlord makes life more difficult for you so that when you are not too comfortable where you are now, it will be a tonic/incentive for you to be steadfast and finish your own house!

Look, one Musician called Ebenezer Obey once sang: The Fulfilment in Life starts when you build your own house, may God build mine for me (literally). Its like buying your first 'real' car!

So Bro, we are all supporting you with prayers (Emm...., money would have been better sha but Kontiri is not smiling anywhere! shocked grin ) and l am betting on you right now, tha you will finish this house of yours!

Now, just dont set a too-tight, completion date for yourself (that can be hard on your health because of stress) but just smile and tell yourself "This House will finish when God says it will finish but finish it will!
Complete "some small chunks/part of it", every three Months and keep at it.

One day IN FUTURE, you will read the post you made today AND SMILE........ so that is how easy it is, to give up on one's dreams?
WINNERS DONT QUIT
..... and l dont see you as a loser because you have already started something!
Just finish up.

Lastpage!

You're killing me with curiosity oo, chief. Literally.

But I'll put the pieces together one day cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin

Talking about Ibadan, Where would be a good area to buy for the purpose of living in if one is planning on retiring to say in about 10 years. I love a big big compound with greens potentially a pool with one or 2 water features. I have very few guilty pleasure if any at all and home is where my heart is. I love fountains and am obsessed with anything with a laminar jet stream, I can watch it all day long!

https://youtu.be/SKIescbcg9c

I am looking for about 4-6 plots if possible but only if the price is right. If the land is cheap enough I don't mind. but accessibility is important too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2017
kopell:
Ok now
Welcome back. Can you tell us some work progress U witnesse along lagos- Ibadan expressway reconstruction.

I purposefully traveled mid-week, I had my truck delivered to Lagos on the way in and I drove down and there was zero traffic jams.

Construction is actively ongoing, workers are actually there doing work. I didn't take any pictures because it was rather uneventful.

That being said, I wouldn't drive it at night. So many construction dangers, lane switches, open pits all abound so on the way back I opted for a car hire.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by barakah(m): 9:19pm On Feb 18, 2017
mufutau55:

There are two peoples offering here on NL. I have contacted them at one point. One of them even
installed somr windows in a friend house. I will check for their logon names. I actually have their numbers on my Whatsapp but nit sure if they want it in public.
send me an email if you have my address.

Hajji M.

Hajji, i don't have your email address so i sent you a request on this platform that you're yet to respond to.

twinskenny:

i think i have a girl contact that does it.. she does interior deco

Can you share please?
But don't those interior decor people come a bit too expensive, It's only for a modest apartment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 9:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
KolaShangOne:
Photo of the day...
grin
This is probably a concrete ladder. Lol [b][/b]

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
dejavus:

Talking about Ibadan, Where would be a good area to buy for the purpose of living in if one is planning on retiring to say in about 10 years. I love a big big compound with greens potentially a pool with one or 2 water features. I have very few guilty pleasure if any at all and home is where my heart is. I love fountains and am obsessed with anything with a laminar jet stream, I can watch it all day long!

https://youtu.be/SKIescbcg9c

I am looking for about 4-6 plots if possible but only if the price is right. If the land is cheap enough I don't mind. but accessibility is important too.

Even though it's not for me but I recommend one of the GRA's. For security and good roads. Maybe Bodija or Agodi.

I'm a recluse so I prefer living in a secluded enclave.

I'll always have to own a proper SUV to get in and out. So like you though, when I get behind my walls them I'll be in my created private oasis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Orente21(f), kkonsults and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.