Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369856 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 12:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
allCopacetic:

You're killing me with curiosity oo, chief. Literally.

But I'll put the pieces together one day cheesy

You wont, EVER! grin grin grin
Never judge a man by his writings!

I still insist l could be the Mai-Guard that opens that your gate for you, day-in, day-out! grin grin grin

Not withstanding, you are one person l have done repeated business with, ....and l am glad l did. (do you want a clue? . Naaah! tongue tongue grin )

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dangote 3X is still N2,250 plus N50 to deliver to site for me in my enclave in Ibadan.

I wish I could hoard but the fear of bags of cement turning to rock concerns me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by choclatoria(f): 12:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
For every interior need ,let Torrian prestige solutions hook you up, Window blinds , curtains,3D wall panel,wallpaper ,wall cladding,bespoke furniture,general furnishings. Call or whatsapp 08137676551

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubyventures: 1:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
TLAX:

I used chinese door but regretted it as constant rain has damaged it. When replacing it in 2018 i will use fabricated steel doors.

Mai Gard opens gate and washes cars. Goes on easy errands like pay NEPA bill etc. Sweeping of compound is done by a lady cleaner.

These fabricated steel doors , what do they look like?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

For external areas like driveways and walkways, yes.

For some reason they refuse to go inside.
But I see it is used inside in many google pictures like living room area

My tiler is going to do my garage as a pre test for the main house.
good idea

Shown are concrete countertops
Thanks for posting this. This really everlasting. I dont have to worry about wood or marble counter-top

FastShipping:

Stained concrete floor.
Thanks so much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2017
Empiree:
But I see it is used inside in many google pictures like living room area

good idea

Thanks for posting this. This really everlasting. I dont have to worry about wood or marble counter-top

Thanks so much

Here in the USA, it's used both internally and externally. All of the vendors on Nairaland however refused to do internal here in Nigeria. Not sure why.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

You wont, EVER! grin grin grin
Never judge a man by his writings!

I still insist l could be the Mai-Guard that opens that your gate for you, day-in, day-out! grin grin grin

Not withstanding, you are one person l have done repeated business with, ....and l am glad l did. (do you want a clue? . Naaah! tongue tongue grin )

Lastpage!
Oga last page please i need your help here, IT related question.

Can i send free bulk sms through my email account? We have a meeting of our Landlords association and the names plenty to send sms to. We are trying to start up the association. The sms is to share the date n time , venue and agenda in advance.

Secondly i suggested a power Point presentation for the meeting, so that we can do something different from the norms in the area. Make it look professional and not a town market stuff.

Others in the house with informations can please help out
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 1:30pm On Feb 20, 2017

I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who fought tirelessly on this thread to fight fraud and fraudsters........pls know that your efforts are not in vain. ......its been over 10 months now and no new cases of fraud. This should count for something and you should all be proud of yourself. You sanitized the thread.

There was a time....new week, new fraud case.

Anyways you all should have a good week.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2017
3strikes:

I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who fought tirelessly on this thread to fight fraud and fraudsters........pls know that your efforts are not in vain. ......its been over 10 months now and no new cases of fraud. This should count for something and you should all be proud of yourself. You sanitized the thread.

There was a time....new week, new fraud case. You

This is true . At least we all don wise . grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 1:42pm On Feb 20, 2017
Very true observation.
It has now become a forum where people can get educated, exchange ideas and learn.

VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THAT MADE THIER VOICES HEARD. NOBODY LIKES FRAUD APART FROM FRAUDSTERS !!

3strikes:

There was a time....new week, new fraud case.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2017
back2sender:

Can i send free bulk sms through my email account? We have a meeting of our Landlords association and the names plenty to send sms to. We are trying to start up the association. The sms is to share the date n time , venue and agenda in advance.

Secondly i suggested a power Point presentation for the meeting, so that we can do something different from the norms in the area. Make it look professional and not a town market stuff.

(1) Put the phone numbers of the people separated by a comma in a text document. Names are not needed. Just phone numbers. e.g. 080aaaaaaaa, 080xxxxxxxx, 080yyyyyyyy, 080zzzzzzzz

(2) Just register with any bulk sms provider. They are plenty. Just google some of them. Ban dey fear me otherwise i would have posted one or some for you as i do not know what is not banable. grin

(3) Upload the file in (1) above onto the contact list provided by the bulk sms provider.

(4) Then select the contact list just created and send your bulk sms message
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
NL1960:

(1) Put the phone numbers of the people separated by a comma in a text document. Names are not needed. Just phone numbers. e.g. 080aaaaaaaa, 080xxxxxxxx, 080yyyyyyyy, 080zzzzzzzz

(2) Just register with any bulk sms provider. They are plenty. Just google some of them. Ban dey fear me otherwise i would have posted one or some for you as i do not know what is not banable. grin

(3) Upload the file in (1) above onto the contact list provided by the bulk sms provider.

(4) Then select the contact list just created and send your bulk sms message

Does gmail has this ability /functions?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:54pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

Its not my 'footsteps', Sir!
A lot of people on Nairaland do the same thing and have been doing it even before l started doing it.
if you are colourful or like colour, why not?

Me, l like. kiss kiss

Its all about personal choices! undecided undecided kiss

At that "Whistle-blowing" law, its one of the best thing to happen, in a very corrupt country!
If "anyone's ways" are clean, then we have nothing to worry about.

h

Lastpage!
l like colours though Lol. l agree with you about the whistle blowing law that has commenced already in Nigeria but l am worried though if it will not lead to vendetta / reprisal actions against those who blow the whistle, lets say for instance l blow my whistle and give a lead to Buhari that Egunmogaji, Fastshipping & Hajj Mufutau of hiding 500 Million Dollars in Lekki, hope my anonymity will be prseverved? because l dont want snippers to trail me on arrival to Nigeria or go after my loved once in Nigeria all because l gave the government a good lead to recover looted funds . Lol. grin grin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
back2sender:

Does gmail has this ability /functions?

gmail is not a bulk sms provider. gmail is a bulk email provider.

You can also go the route of creating a WhatsApp group for your landlord's association and then broadcast your message there for all to see and read.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
Oga

What was your experience with your landlord association, and roughly how many are you guys. Is there like rules/regulation etc and how do you guys take care of financial matters ?

back2sender:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Here in the USA, it's used both internally and externally. All of the vendors on Nairaland however refused to do internal here in Nigeria. Not sure why.
I'm curious
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
topsy23:

Yes, we produce cement locally, Do we really have govt or price regulatory body in Nigeria? Capital NO.... the price will keep on increasing if you don't buy it now. We are in the dispensation of do it the way it pleases you.
\

*Would you agree is the GOVT puts a peg on how much you should charge for wiring a Duplex? (say No Contractor must charge above #30,000 or risk a fine/jail term?)
*Would you call the Govt "Diktatorship! and Tyrant!" ....if it tries to force you to price or offer service within certain price limits
* Will you invoke "WE ARE IN A DEMOCRACY" if Buhari should try to freeze the price you charge your jobs

This is exactly what you are saying ........and blaming the Govt for! shocked shocked undecided

Please Dont throw stones in the market place..... undecided undecided lipsrsealed

We Nigerians are our own worst enemies!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
l like colours though Lol. l agree with you about the whistle blowing law that has commenced already in Nigeria but l am worried though if it will not lead to vendetta / reprisal actions against those who blow the whistle, lets say for instance l blow my whistle and give a lead to Buhari that Egunmogaji, Fastshipping & Hajj Mufutau of hiding 500 Million Dollars in Lekki, hope my anonymity will be prseverved? because l dont want snippers to trail me on arrival to Nigeria or go after my loved once in Nigeria all because l gave the government a good lead to recover looted funds . Lol. grin grin.

There are two ways to it.

1.) Anonymity to protect a whistle blower

2.) No Anonymity to ensure that people dont hide under it, to blow whistle for VENDETTA! (false whistles! )

But we can learn from how it is done in advanced climes:

*If it is common financial crimes of stealing/looting/ill-gotten wealth, you dont need anonymity because you are doing the right thing and you should even be proud to announce that "this good to society" was done by ME!

*If it is whistle on say "Organized Crime", Govt has a duty to protect the whistle blower.

And dont forget, there is money to be paid to the Whistle-blower! We dont want the CEO of the Whistle-blowing Enterprise, to start "paying himself" instead of the real person that blew the whistle, so "a level of transparency" must be involved.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

There are two ways to it.

1.) Anonymity to protect a whistle blower

2.) No Anonymity to ensure that people dont hide under it, to blow whistle for VENDETTA! (false whistles! )

But we can learn from how it is done in advanced climes:

*If it is common financial crimes of stealing/looting/ill-gotten wealth, you dont need anonymity because you are doing the right thing and you should even be proud to announce that "this good to society" was done by ME!

*If it is whistle on say "Organized Crime", Govt has a duty to protect the whistle blower.

And dont forget, there is money to be paid to the Whistle-blower! We dont want the CEO of the Whistle-blowing Enterprise, to start "paying himself" instead of the real person that blew the whistle, so "a level of transparency" must be involved.

Lastpage!

All good stuff but we shouldn't also forget that the civil courts works to hold suits for aggrieved folks that are wrongly whistle blowned grin

AngelicBeing, you're being put on notice that I have authorized my dream team of "legal eagles" to initiate a lawsuit in the Superior court, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles, California.

We are alleging but not limited to

1) Defamation of character
2) Emotional distress
3) Loss of income
4) Libel
5) Slander
6) Threat of bodily harm

grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

All good stuff but we shouldn't also forget that the civil courts works to hold suits for aggrieved folks that are wrongly whistle blowned grin

AngelicBeing, you're being put on notice that I have authorized my dream team of "legal eagles" to initiate a lawsuit in the Superior court, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles, California.

We are alleging but not limited to

1) Defamation of character
2) Emotional distress
3) Loss of income
4) Libel
5) Slander
6) Threat of bodily harm

grin
The bold part of your post is enough headache for me, who have time for endless legal brouhaha , Ahan, Ahan, where is my friend @ lastpage , this is exactly part of my worries, with all this charges from High chief EgunMogaji 's legal team, you still expect me to blow my whistle to Buhari? l will only do that if there is a written document between me and the government promising me protection and to cover my back, Nigeria is not a place to gamble anyhow "security wise " or alternatively, l whistle blow, take my commission and avoid Nigeria for the next 10 years grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2017
back2sender:

SMS goes through the GSM network so to say and usually not free.
You can buy "bulk SMS" service from a Network provider (assuming you want to send to their phone numbers).
Other 'web' operators also sell bulk SMS via the web, for example, REBTEL.

I will assume you know their Email Address as well.
You can send Multiple Emails to all the Addresses AT ONCE... just write one Email and include everyone's address in the "Cc" part but if you dont want everyone to know you sent to the other, use the "Bcc" (blind copy) and that is it, even of they dont have WhatsApp or other such Social media methods

Secondly: Its a good idea to use Power Point tot explain things... better understanding and professionalism!
But you must consider that there are many people and the single Laptop may not be big enough for all to see.
Do you have a Projector you can blast it unto for all to see?

Alternatively,
How about putting your Power Point presentation into a "Flyer" pamphlet (re-photocopied and distributed to all) if you dont have a Projector?
That way, they can follow you or even take it home to have a second look-over!

Sorry, my afternoon 'free time' just expired so l am in a rush!

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The bold part of your post is enough headache for me, who have time for endless legal brouhaha , Ahan, Ahan, where is my friend @ lastpage , this is exactly part of my worries, with all this charges from High chief Egunmogaji, you still expect me to blow my whistle to Buhari? l will only do that if there is a written document between me and the government promising me protection and to cover my back, Nigeria is not a place to gamble anyhow "security wise " grin grin

Dont forget High-Chief Egun is a Billionaire in Dollars .....and you are entitled to 2.5% l think! shocked shocked shocked

That alone is enough incentive! grin grin

As long as what is whistled is CORRECT..... nothing to worry about.

Those who abuse or use it vindictively also deserve an even worse punishment.

Lastpage!

And please dont forget us here as well, drop something for the boyz! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

Dont forget High-Chief Egun is a Billionaire in Dollars .....and you are entitled to 2.5% l think! shocked shocked shocked

That alone is enough incentive! grin grin

As long as what is whistled is CORRECT..... nothing to worry about.

Those who abuse or use it vindictively also deserve an even worse punishment.

Lastpage!

And please dont forget us here as well, drop something for the boyz! cheesy
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 4:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:

SMS goes through the GSM network so to say and usually not free.
You can buy "bulk SMS" service from a Network provider (assuming you want to send to their phone numbers).
Other 'web' operators also sell bulk SMS via the web, for example, REBTEL.

I will assume you know their Email Address as well.
You can send Multiple Emails to all the Addresses AT ONCE... just write one Email and include everyone's address in the "Cc" part but if you dont want everyone to know you sent to the other, use the "Bcc" (blind copy) and that is it, even of they dont have WhatsApp or other such Social media methods

Secondly: Its a good idea to use Power Point tot explain things... better understanding and professionalism!
But you must consider that there are many people and the single Laptop may not be big enough for all to see.
Do you have a Projector you can blast it unto for all to see?

Alternatively,
How about putting your Power Point presentation into a "Flyer" pamphlet (re-photocopied and distributed to all) if you dont have a Projector?
That way, they can follow you or even take it home to have a second look-over!

Sorry, my afternoon 'free time' just expired so l am in a rush!

Lastpage!
Thanks man for the heads up on ideas one can use . Yeah i have a projector which will make it easier to project. Love the pamphlet option never looked at that angle.
This is why i love this particular thread. Great minds full here jaburata

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
mavverick:
Oga

What was your experience with your landlord association, and roughly how many are you guys. Is there like rules/regulation etc and how do you guys take care of financial matters ?

Bros we have a constitution now that guides the association. The first set of people elected themselves and used our money to build thier houses and buy cars join. People like us that used to sit on the fence now said it will no longer be business as USUAL, thier was push backs but we stood our ground.
Yours throughly is the financial officer and i can tell you while the Landlords are happy about it, The cabals Landlords dey try instigate a revolt amongst thier loyalist.
To lead no easy, naa here i see am.
Part of the innovation i want to bring to the table is the power Point presentation approach during meetings, secondly instead of prayers we will sing the pledge or national anthems.
In terms of numbers over 500
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2017
H
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2017
h
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2017
lastpage:
\

*[b]Would you agree is the GOVT puts a peg on how much you should charge for wiring a Duplex? (say No Contractor must charge above #30,000 or risk a fine/jail term?)
*Would you call the Govt "Diktatorship! and Tyrant!" ....if it tries to force you to price or offer service within certain price limits
* Will you invoke "WE ARE IN A DEMOCRACY" if Buhari should try to freeze the price you charge your jobs

This is exactly what you are saying ........and blaming the Govt for! shocked shocked undecided

Please Dont throw stones in the market place..... undecided undecided lipsrsealed

We Nigerians are our own worst enemies!
[/b]

Lastpage!

He doesn't know what a free market is.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2017
mufutau55:

You need something better so when you decide to put some load on it, the load will not put too much pressure on the generator.
I have the one below and it was purchased for N140k before the rise in prices due to forex started.
I use it in my BQ, but my friend who had the same uses his own in a 5 Bedrooms Duplex with lights loaded
and two AC of 1HP going does nothing to the performance of it. The fuel consumption is very good and lasted
more than 14hrs none-stop on a full tank and very, very silent. My said friend love it so much and even bought the 10kva of the same.
Very quiet with infrared remote control going thru the wall and distance. Although I intend to buy a standalone 20KVa, this
little gem will still be my good backup when that happens. But for now this is a good unit.
I have recommended same to some Nairalanders here and they also love it; may be they will see this and testify to it.
I think it's around N160k now, but not sure. If you are interested, I can find the dealer info and post it here later.

Hajji M.

Oga Hajj,
Our country don spoil finish. I contacted chudy (the authorized dealer) and he said, that generator now goes for 250k.
Count yourself lucky bro for buying it at that amount.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2017
Truthinlife:

Oga Egumogaji,Hajj,Twinskenny, etc.
What can this 5Kva Diesel Engine generator comfortably power in a duplex. (Appliances etc)

I really like this little guy. It's actually pretty robust and can power much.

I searched and found the manufacturers site.

http://ng.sumecfirman.com/show-9-1-1.html

How much is it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2017
Re: Whistle blowing, I am actually putting finishing touches to the details I have been collating regarding blowing the whistle on an ex-NNPC employee that I know, Good thing is, I will not pass the information to the government myself but rather through a proxy, I don't care if any incentives comes back to me because I can say the person to be whistle blown on is a family member so this is not a malicious effort but just angry at how everyone is complacent to this and we expect Nigeria to get better.

We all know these "Civil" servants who have multiple houses around the country with children in expensive schools abroad and even houses abroad. We all know their salaries are not adequate enough for this but no one speak about this but rather blame the government.

I just pray for Good Health for PMB to be able to better implement this initiative. Nigeria is completely rotten and no one seems to care.

PS: I don't live in naija but hope to do so full time at some point and it would be good to come back to a sane society at some point.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.