Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393795 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 5:06am On Mar 23, 2017
mufutau55:

That no mean say he no get the dough.... The kobo-kobo part be say he wan come home at interval to do the work himself; which is the best way... but not be say money no dey for that guy pocket o... But for me I for show you the holes wey dey my pocket. smiley
Hajji M.

Many no go mind that kind holes becos e resemble CBN~Deziani~Dasuki holes

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 5:21am On Mar 23, 2017
bereiweris:
pls House i need ur help planning on moulding blocks during 2nd week of may bt people are advising me not to cause of the rains in port harcourt bt i reali want to mould den so i dont gulp up the little money ve saved. please how do i go about moulding during this said period. ur advice wud b very much appreciated. Tnx
Nothing wrong with moulding around mmonth of May if rain no too much. A little bit of rain after moulding would even save you the cost in terms if labour and water of watering the blocks. If the blocks set few hours after moulding b4 rain you have no problem. You can also protect unset ones with waterproof cover. Moulding blocks yourself saves you lot of money. Start now, dont wait till may, you will be amazed how many you get before heavy rain. Get as much moulders as possible to site. I did that and enjoyed the benefits, you can as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 7:51am On Mar 23, 2017
I would advice you start moulding your blocks now , I just finish moulding the first set of blocks on my site. Just like what mayor 78 said if rains comes get a damp proof to cover them and even the rain will help u watered your blocks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

We can only compare carcass since finishing will be different.

Can we audit the finances of the build? I'm assuming not grin

EgunMogaji you are right, finishing will be different hence with N1m more, we could make up that difference like kitchen.

We can audit the finance na. No be government money o. Na old students money, so very transparent.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:24am On Mar 23, 2017
Mayor78:

Hehehehe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2017
Daboomb:

Garage => Pantry => Kitchen => Kitchen Cabinets => Pot or Mouth
As we move from left to Right, the 'Item's Quantity' get Smaller.

I dont see anyone jumping the Kitchen and its Cabinets.... to fetch Fufuu, Soup or Biscuit in the Pantry! shocked shocked shocked

Thank you Sir, l have nothing more to add to the pantry affair........ you have broken it down beyond what hammer can do.

pantry
ˈpantri/Submit
noun
noun: pantry; plural noun: pantries
a small room or cupboard in which food, crockery, and cutlery are kept.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 23, 2017
Marpol:

pantry
ˈpantri/Submit
noun
noun: pantry; plural noun: pantries
a small room or cupboard in which food, crockery, and cutlery are kept.

The plot thickens grin

The Anglo-French source of pantry, panetrie, means "bread room," from the Medieval Latin panataria, "room of a servant in charge of food or bread." The Latin root, panis, means "bread."

It seems that my Wife and I have a differing opinion on the type of house maid I require in my retirement. My choices, svelt young well-stacked nubians are not meeting her standard. Unless she will take such housemaid with her wherever she goes and never be left alone at home with me sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:57am On Mar 23, 2017
ice4u999:

Waoo my Dad also graduated from this college before the 80's though and I still remember how wonderful he said the school was back then.

Please ask your dad if he's attending old students meetings. If not, we love to hear from him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:01am On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I just dey look Hajj one kind way dey shake my head grin

Me wey I get one kind small padlock garage for elebu village while only one of Hajjs superstructures is an edifice thats as big as the parliament house.

Speaking of parliament house, hope you guys in London are okay. i heard about some nutty bloke that was running rampant today

EgunMogaji we thank God. Thanks for checking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The plot thickens grin

The Anglo-French source of pantry, panetrie, means "bread room," from the Medieval Latin panataria, "room of a servant in charge of food or bread." The Latin root, panis, means "bread."

It seems that my Wife and I have a differing opinion on the type of house maid I require in my retirement. My choices, svelt young well-stacked nubians are not meeting her standard. Unless she will take such housemaid with her wherever she goes and never be left alone at home with me sad

Ashawo man like you. By their fruit, we shall know them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 23, 2017
diordaves:

Ashawo man like you. By their fruit, we shall know them.

Hey, I have nothing but the purest of intentions grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:32am On Mar 23, 2017
diordaves:
To bring back the lost glory of Benin Technical College, the old students UK/Europe Chapter of which I'm a member are about to hand over a built 10 rooms toilet facility to the school. The project was executed with N2m. See pix.

Now the footprint of the project is equivalent to a 3 bedroom bungalow. So pump in a further N1m will get one a half decent 3 bedroom bungalow.

Nice one. I was about to take up on what you and the old students have done for the school before i saw this. This is what giving back should be like. My Old students are the ones doing many projects in my alma mater now. It has even gotten to a level that class sets are doing projects now. My class set is presently doing several projects in my alma mater now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Mayor78:

You don expose me finish o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 11:13am On Mar 23, 2017
Mayor78:

Nothing wrong with moulding around mmonth of May if rain no too much. A little bit of rain after moulding would even save you the cost in terms if labour and water of watering the blocks. If the blocks set few hours after moulding b4 rain you have no problem. You can also protect unset ones with waterproof cover. Moulding blocks yourself saves you lot of money. Start now, dont wait till may, you will be amazed how many you get before heavy rain. Get as much moulders as possible to site. I did that and enjoyed the benefits, you can as well.

thank u very much this has uplifted my spirit.there are crops on the land dat wud b harvested by april ending thats y am thinking of may
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 11:14am On Mar 23, 2017
jiday4:
I would advice you start moulding your blocks now , I just finish moulding the first set of blocks on my site. Just like what mayor 78 said if rains comes get a damp proof to cover them and even the rain will help u watered your blocks

tnx am greatful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Kopell is right o.
For EgunMogaji, nah chicken change... the man just dey hide the loot. Ask am if he no know Dasuki.

Hajji M.
I no say that Egun man dey loaded all those little change no be problem for him. Especially someone like him way the live close to Silicon Valley where all money and the technology dey.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
@EgunMogaji good day. I've sent you an email. Grateful for your response.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please what other Uses can this pallets be put to use apart from as base for bed lol.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Freezer stand hw u see am
back2sender:
Please what other Uses can this pallets be put to use apart from as base for bed lol.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
bereiweris:
Freezer stand hw u see am
Thanks man.
Eguns baba what can this pallets be used for, any ideas? I have 100 of this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
back2sender:

Thanks man.

Fence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
hw pls
Marpol:

Fence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
back2sender:

Thanks man.

Man I'm salivating here. Old pallets are excellent project material.

But it requires that you disassemble them, the pain and join them together mostly.

Maybe Hajj can use them as is to stack his dollars off of the floor grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Man I'm salivating here. Old pallets are excellent project material.
But it requires that you disassemble them, the pain and join them together mostly.
Maybe Hajj can use them as is to stack his dollars off of the floor grin

NO Sir. I use metal boxes for that o and put them in storage.... no pako for my side, wey those golden teeth termites go come drink all my Dollars..

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
bereiweris:
hw pls

Like this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
back2sender:
Recycle them, reused them for compress wooden doors and cabinets. Most of those fancy looking wooden chairs, doors, cabinets and many other wooden products that are imported to Naija are made form the those woods.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 6:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
mufutau55:

Those Chinese/Turkey steel doors (like the one Egunmogaji used), Yes. Not those iron metal doors being used for extrrnal.

Hajji M.
Sir are those chinese doors steel? i thought they were wooden?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 6:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
erico2k2:

I saw this just now.I'm planning to have these .
There are 12 panels on the roof of this building.
I thought power is constant over there...why are they still using solar panel sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
Barryton:

Sir are those chinese doors steel? i thought they were wooden?

It's the color that's throwing you off and is why I chose and paid more for white. I haven't looked at them closely but the outer material is some sort of light aluminum cover on top of most likely wood or fiberglass.

But they're definitely not wood because a dent has appeared during transport, much to my chagrin angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Barryton:

I thought power is constant over there...why are they still using solar panel sir?

At least here in the USA, the government will subsidize your purchase of solar equipment to save on energy. Just by going to a smart thermostat alone I got $500 back on a $100 thermostat. They encourage energy savings.

Also, you can sell excess electrical power back to your local power generating company when you have solar. So you are generating your own electricity and also making money.

I don't really get too much into comparing here with there because where does one even start.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arch24: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
for your building design needs, contact uboks.nyah@yahoo.com for your Awe striking building designs at best rates.
https://www.nairaland.com/3696405/contemporary-moderate-building-designs#54818903

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EngrBello(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
dearpiriye:
shocked shocked....wow!!
how far? pls email me ur what's app num¿

(1) (2) (3) ... (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chikebrain and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.