Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,729 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414225 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 6:39am On Mar 25, 2017
amanikondo:

I shipped some commercial floor cleaning machines and the custom could not figure what they are they call them tractors.

I want to ship solar panels in vehicles. Hopefully I don't run into issues
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2017
Marpol:

Like this.
oh tnx but dis fence no go work on 4 9ja oh ✌
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
amanikondo:

I shipped some commercial floor cleaning machines and the custom could not figure what they are they call them tractors.

Lol! I bow for Nigeria Custom officers! Tractors ke? I can't stop laughing here. Abeg no blame them, too much equipment for oyibo land that customs can't catch understanding. But to call an industrial floor mop machine a tractor is something else.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
Did anyone have news on current price of cement, and rods??

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 2:59am On Mar 26, 2017
oyb:

Earthing of your lightning protector is to conduct current from lightning strikes safely to earth. Earthing of your electrical installation is for conducting of fault current / leakage to earth.

Faulty earthing or bad design is why we are sometimes electrocuted by household items. The moment there ie earth leakage, your earth leakage breaker should trip.

Earthing requires regular checking and maintenance to ensure that Earth resistance has not built up. In domestic installations, checking of the integrity of earth installations is rarely if ever done.

What this means is that in the event of a lightning strike, a bad earthing installation may fail to conduct the current to earth. If the arrester earthing and building earthing are linked, the current may travel into your system and destroy your electronics.

It is better you keep earthing of lightning protection and building separate. The cost implication is not significant

Thanks a lot. This is very enlightening.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2017
Mayor78:
Did anyone have news on current price of cement, and rods??

Cement is still 2650... still waiting for the drop in prices.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 8:07am On Mar 26, 2017
KolaShangOne:

Cement is still 2650... still waiting for the drop in prices.
Cement is 2500 around here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:19am On Mar 26, 2017
anochuks08:
Cement is 2500 around here.

DANGOTE 42.5?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:47am On Mar 26, 2017
ice4u999:

I want to ship solar panels in vehicles. Hopefully I don't run into issues
nah U wont.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
KolaShangOne:

DANGOTE 42.5?
Yeah, Dangote. Dangote, Unicem goes for 2,500 while BUA goes for 2550/2600
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
anochuks08:
Yeah, Dangote. Dangote, Unicem goes for 2,500 while BUA goes for 2550/2600
asked from a retailer here in rukporkwu PHC he said 2800 for dangote3x

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
bereiweris:
I bought dangote yesterday. Location is Enugu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
That's the problem with Nigeria. When price of materials goes up exponentially for whatever reason, it stays at that point.
The cost of this very important building material 'cement' went up sharply because of increase in dollar to naira exchange rate, now the dollar to naira has crashed, cement price hasn't come down as reports from above suggests.

Even where the price of roof and roofing materials are coming down, it still has little significant because you can't roof without building.

Nigeria traders are shylock fraudsters ready and willing without mercy to pounce on their customers at any given opportunity all the time.
I no know whether God go bless them for their unreasonablilities.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
view prices of building materials go to www.set2build.com/market-prices.
Mayor78:
That's the problem with Nigeria. When price of materials goes up exponentially for whatever reason, it stays at that point.
The cost of this very important building material 'cement' went up sharply because of increase in dollar to naira exchange rate, now the dollar to naira has crashed, cement price hasn't come down as reports from above suggests.

Even where the price of roof and roofing materials are coming down, it still has little significant because you can't roof without building.

Nigeria traders are shylock fraudsters ready and willing without mercy to pounce on their customers at any given opportunity all the time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
view cuurent prices of building materials, go to www.set2build.com/market-prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
anochuks08:
I bought dangote yesterday. Location is Enugu
PHC dealers 1st to increase last to decrease

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
bereiweris:
PHC dealers 1st to increase last to decrease
Howmuch now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zagadat1: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
bereiweris:
Dangote is 2500 here in osogbo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
erico2k2 post=54
968958:

Howmuch now?
Oga MI 2800 oh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
N2,800 shocked shocked

Dangote 42.5r and Elephant are both N2,500 in my little enclave.

Please don't come and Lagonificate our area, just leave us alone and let us enjoy our palm wine and "eran oya" in peace in our village.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FirstS2B(f): 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Why You Need Window Blinds For Your Home or Office

1. Control the Light Entering the Room

Window blinds provide you with more control over the amount of light entering the room because you can cover the entire window or just part of the window according to your own needs. For example, the slats on some window blinds are fitted so tightly together that they do not allow any light in at all. This could be ideal for a room where you have a home theater or in your bedroom where you don’t want any light to wake you up in the morning.

2. Countless Styles, Colors, & Patterns

Window blinds come in an endless variety of styles, colors, and patterns, allowing you to create the perfect look in your kitchen, living room, or bathroom. Choose from mini blinds, vertical blinds, day and night blinds, and even cordless blinds, which are safer for children and also being very elegant.

3. Wide Variety of Materials

The variety of materials that blinds come in allows you to choose the blind that is most suitable for you in terms of both price and style. For example, if your living room contains wooden furniture, you can complement the room by installing wooden blinds. However, if you find wooden blinds too expensive, you can opt for faux wood instead to keep the costs down. You then have plastic blinds, bamboo blinds, aluminum blinds, and other materials to choose from to ensure that you can always find the right blinds for any room in your home.

4. Enjoy Complete Privacy

Blinds provide you with a level of privacy that you cannot get from many other options such as curtains. For the ultimate in privacy control, consider installing top-down shades. Using these, you can lower the shade from the top so that the natural light can come in, but you can still enjoy as much privacy as you require.

5. Easy to Maintain

Finally, one of the best things about window blinds is that they are typically very easy to maintain. In fact, many blinds simply require a quick wipe with a damp cloth from time to time to remove the dust. Compare this to curtains, which need to be washed every once in a while, and blinds start to look like the most convenient option. In addition, they are also long lasting, especially blinds made
from wood or aluminum, meaning you won’t have to replace them until you decide you are ready for a change.

Call or WhatsApp 08025101177 for your blinds today. We sell and install far and near promptly.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 3:21am On Mar 27, 2017
This oyinbo people I dont know what to make of them. Imagine this one delivering a factory made measure to make roofing caracas. All dimensions are taken, sketched and cut exactly to nearest measured millimetre. Na waa, I am just wondering if our carpenters and engineers here can give us similar services without stories 'Oga the wood wey you buy no reach',
Oga no be my fault we be say the length no reach, na as the engine de cut am be that!
Oga na small problem now we go come amend am but you go put small money!
Oga we no get light since last month the work never ready!
Oga we no dey oyinbo land I never see person wey do roofing caracas for workshop-ooh!
Oga you wan turn us to winch, how you wan make we measure your roof and doam for another place.

Our people will come with ndless limiting excuses as they look for ways to dealt with you? I wonder oooo!!!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 3:23am On Mar 27, 2017
More

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:46am On Mar 27, 2017
Mayor78:

Good morning bro, I think the problem is just as it is in every other Nigerian sector. Things are not working the way it is supposed to.

My knowledge of economics taught me that the price mechanism is a process controlled by the market forces of demand and supply. Where demand outstrips supply, price should rise, and vice versa.

But due to the wide swings and suddenness of the rise of all materials in this country, everything cannot return to normal immediately. Take for instance the man who imported his materials the time dollars was selling at N520, and is just bringing his goods in now dollars are seriously going down in value, he cannot afford to bring down his prices or he will take a big loss. It will take time for the prices to return to normal.

I am encouraged by the rapid drop in iron bars. That one continued to crash all through last week.

The prices will all come down with time, as newer dealers try to get more customers, and we pray for some stability in the economy so we can get a steady price for many of our materials.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 8:19am On Mar 27, 2017
spyder880:

Good morning bro, I think the problem is just as it is in every other Nigerian sector. Things are not working the way it is supposed to.

My knowledge of economics taught me that the price mechanism is a process controlled by the market forces of demand and supply. Where demand outstrips supply, price should rise, and vice versa.

But due to the wide swings and suddenness of the rise of all materials in this country, everything cannot return to normal immediately. Take for instance the man who imported his materials the time dollars was selling at N520, and is just bringing his goods in now dollars are seriously going down in value, he cannot afford to bring down his prices or he will take a big loss. It will take time for the prices to return to normal.

I am encouraged by the rapid drop in iron bars. That one continued to crash all through last week.

The prices will all come down with time, as newer dealers try to get more customers, and we pray for some stability in the economy so we can get a steady price for many of our materials.
Good morning Oga Spyder! Yours was a good take at optimism towards improving cost for customers like us as dollar to naira exchange improves for the later. It will be good to give importers time to sell off goods they imported imported at high exchange rate, but let us remember that they didnt allow us to buy up the goods they imported at lower exchange rate before dollar starts to rise. It is even arguable if most of them import any at all during the short period that dollar rose.
What is good for the geese should be equally good for the ganders.
They hiked the prices on goods imported with low rate, they need to lower the prices as dollar are coming down irrespective of whether they import with high rate.

I doubt though because greed and cheating too much for average Nigeria trader body. Na God go help us because we knew Nigeria traders too well. Oga you wan make I close shoop? I imported with high exchange!!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 9:25am On Mar 27, 2017
view current prices of building materials today march 27th, 2017. go to www.set2build.com/market-prices.
mobile view enabled.

also follow us on our social media handles:
facebook www.facebook.com/set2build
instagram: @set2build
Twitter: @set2build
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hollasmall: 9:49am On Mar 27, 2017
I think it a gradual process though the price may not be what the use to sell before but let expect some changes soon a friend of mine went to Ibadan for lintel roof last week he told me the price has drop far more than his budget I think from 4,500 to 2000 I hope cement should be the next too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 10:09am On Mar 27, 2017
EgunMogaji:
N2,800 shocked shocked

Dangote 42.5r and Elephant are both N2,500 in my little enclave.

Please don't come and Lagonificate our area, just leave us alone and let us enjoy our palm wine and "eran oya" in peace in our village.

hahahahahaha oga beg mayb u go join me for the palm wine & eran oya oh.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mayor78:

Good morning Oga Spyder! Yours was a good take at optimism towards improving cost for customers like us as dollar to naira exchange improves for the later. It will be good to give importers time to sell off goods they imported imported at high exchange rate, but let us remember that they didnt allow us to buy up the goods they imported at lower exchange rate before dollar starts to rise. It is even arguable if most of them import any at all during the short period that dollar rose.
They hiked the prices on goods imported with low rate, they need to lower the prices as dollar are coming down irrespective of whether they import with high rate.

I doubt though because greed and cheating too much for average Nigeria trader body. Na God go help us because we knew Nigeria traders too well. Oga you wan make I close shoop? I imported with high exchange!!
You just took the word out my mouth, it's always going to be an excuses because it's became way of life for most people out there.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bossman(m): 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
I concur. The prices will come down with time. Since the purchaseing power of those changing $ has been reduced, they will not purchase at teh currently inflated prices. hence, the demand will fall, causing sellers to adjust their prices downwards. It will take some time, but it will come down. It's basic supply/demand.

spyder880:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumz1: 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
Please any idea how much 16mm and 12mm rods are being sold for at the moment?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
Mayor78:

1000 Likes!

You nailed it.
Its all about GREED

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.