Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4462284 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (3684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
connie2flex:
Do u need the services of a reliable site engineer in Benin or Warri to supervise your site, contact Engr Ehis on 09078698235
are u d engineer ehis?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
@Piyke
My reply to your Nairaland PM is not going thru. So supply your email address here if you need to communicate.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abike12(f): 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
folmus:

Madam, e go better make you continue your project otherwise, na 2018 we won enter o; laaala to losoke is nigeria situation o.

I'm telling you. There's no way of predicting what's to come.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Piyke: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
mufutau55:
@Piyke
My reply to your Nairaland PM is not going thru. So supply your email address here if you need to communicate.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Thanks Oga Hajji
My email is piyke(at)diyautoworksng(dot)com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:29am On Jun 30, 2017
Piyke:

Thanks Oga Hajji
My email is piyke(at)diyautoworksng(dot)com

Email sent. Thx.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 12:54am On Jun 30, 2017
Veterans in the house, I greet u all...I have been following this thread since inception and have really learnt a lot.. I would like to post my Archi drawing here for critical analysis and possibly price estimate for my first milestone (foundation to first deck)... location...PH

Ground floor

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 12:55am On Jun 30, 2017
First floor

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 12:56am On Jun 30, 2017
Pent floor

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 30, 2017
francmoda:
Veterans in the house, I greet u all...I have been following this thread since inception and have really learnt a lot.. I would like to post my Archi drawing here for critical analysis and possibly price estimate for my first milestone (foundation to first deck)... location...PH

Ground floor

Is the laundry outside the house?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodmanFather: 5:32am On Jun 30, 2017
johnson232:

are u d engineer ehis?

Johnson232 my second son. You don't need to lobby for job on Nairaland. You don't want to end up like Brabus. A computer Engr turned builder. You better face your BetNaija job well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 5:59am On Jun 30, 2017
francmoda:

Ground floor

There might be certain Things I do not Like e.g the Laundry Outside, and the Fact that the small Kitchenette is away from the family lounge and also its enclosed. its something I like to be open and attached to a General sitting area for easy proximity. But these comments are not criticizing the drawings because it might be that its the best arrangement of it might be that its the way you like it.

My only area of criticism is that considering the size of each areas, mostly the general areas, infact for all areas, you would do well with wider windows. They are looking too Thing making each space look Like a box. I am of the experience that a the end they never look aesthetically pleasing. but note, it depends on how you like it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:14am On Jun 30, 2017
francmoda:

Ground floor
Laundry positon is not good.
I would prefer if d visitors toilet can be move to the left side.
The access to the pantry from d stair hall, i don't think it is gonna work.

but i like the space arrangement...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 6:19am On Jun 30, 2017
skimanski:

There might be certain Things I do not Like e.g the Laundry Outside, and the Fact that the small Kitchenette is away from the family lounge and also its enclosed. its something I like to be open and attached to a General sitting area for easy proximity. But these comments are not criticizing the drawings because it might be that its the best arrangement of it might be that its the way you like it.

My only area of criticism is that considering the size of each areas, mostly the general areas, infact for all areas, you would do well with wider windows. They are looking too Thing making each space look Like a box. I am of the experience that a the end they never look aesthetically pleasing. but note, it depends on how you like it.

Which kitchenette? d one behind the stair? i m not seeing it clearly though. guess the architect didn't just know what to do with dat space....

Can u explain the bold? are u suggesting spaces allocated are too big or small?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2017
johnson232:

Which kitchenette? d one behind the stair? i m not seeing it clearly though. guess the architect didn't just know what to do with dat space....

Can u explain the bold? are u suggesting spaces allocated are too big or small?

The kitchenette is the one directly Opposite the Family lounge. In between those two toilets. I agree with you. Maybe he didn't want the space to go to waste. OP can use that as a utility space though.

For the Bold, The windows have to be made wider. The wider the better.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:53am On Jun 30, 2017
francmoda:

Ground floor
. Please kindly send me your plans for better estimate to "benavoh@gmail.com". What's the nature of your land? N/B: You need to check your windows arrangement for proper ventilation and also the orientation of your dining, laundry and kitchen, etc,etc. Do something about it. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2017
skimanski:

The kitchenette is the one directly Opposite the Family lounge. In between those two toilets. I agree with you. Maybe he didn't want the space to go to waste. OP can use that as a utility space though.

Lol...just saw d kitchenette now...was thinking it was d space close to pantry at the back..
I totally agree with u, it should be used as utility & personally i would even advised there shouldn't be any door, so dat it can also serve as source of light to d lobby.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Is the laundry outside the house?
yes it is
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
skimanski:

thanks for ur observations...really appreciate...for the laundry, I hate using dryer for cloths...so my thought was..from d washing machine to the lines outside...

My use for the kitchenette will majorly be for preparing d kids school lunch box...then brunch...I think proximity to d family lounge is not an issue

For the windows, I will Discuss with my architect and correct that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2017
johnson232:

Laundry positon is not good.
I would prefer if d visitors toilet can be move to the left side.
The access to the pantry from d stair hall, i don't think it is gonna work.

but i like the space arrangement...
thanks alot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by francmoda: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
skimanski:

the space under the stairs will be used as the inverter room...if it is not safe to have it there, the inverter will be outside in the gen house then will use the space for CCTV/ utility room
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
francmoda:
the space under the stairs will be used as the inverter room...if it is not safe to have it there, the inverter will be outside in the gen house then will use the space for CCTV/ utility room

The inverter equipment can be under the stairs but extractor fan must be provided to extract the battery fumes out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
so trying to do a comparism btw fencing using blocks and wiremesh.
land in question is a farmland...and am thinking of saving cost....since i hv an idea of the cost of block work..am looking for who has idea of wiremesh fence..similiar to this or stronger.
still intend to add an overhanging portion at the top to discourage people scaling it

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
DrGoodmanFather:

Johnson232 my second son. You don't need to lobby for job on Nairaland. You don't want to end up like Brabus. A computer Engr turned builder. You better face your BetNaija job well.
una no go kill person with laff here I swear .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:17pm On Jun 30, 2017
earthrealm:
land in question is a farmland...and am thinking of saving cost....since i hv an idea of the cost of block work..am looking for who has idea of wiremesh fence..similiar to this or stronger.
still intend to add an overhanging portion at the top to discourage people scaling it
Well it depends on d type of farm u intend doing...wiremesh people can see through, but no one can see through block fence....but i don't think wiremesh is gonna be cheaper....haven't use it for fencing though....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
earthrealm:

If it were me this is what I would do.

Calculate and mould your own 6" blocks.

Negotiate with a block maker to bring his equipment on site.

Negotiate with a bricklayer to do the fence at his leisure as time permits but set a goal of X amount of blocks laid per X time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
WorldAmbassador:
@Astrogeotech. Pls clarify. By installation, do you just dig the foundation to install the overhead tank? or do you construct the scaffolding for an overhead tank? If you do the welding, construction and all, please give me a quote for a 40-feet overhead tank with 4mm H beams. Thanks.

Your quotation is ready but your number is not available kindly send me your email or send me an email: astrogeotech@yahoo.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2017
Why is the Nigerian builders' work spaces so untidy with total disregard to Health and Safety? Do we as a people have an affinity to dirt and untidiness? How difficult is it to clean up after the day's work in readiness for tomorrow's work? I think we are fantastically very receptive to dirt and chaotic environment and when compared to the orderliness that is obtainable internationally, this is shocking. How can people work in such dirty environment beats me.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
diordaves:
Why is the Nigerian builders' work spaces so untidy with total disregard to Health and Safety? Do we as a people have an affinity to dirt and untidiness? How difficult is it to clean up after the day's work in readiness for tomorrow's work? I think we are fantastically very receptive to dirt and chaotic environment and when compared to the orderliness that is obtainable internationally, this is shocking. How can people work in such dirty environment beats me.

I don't even bother debating it with folks on my site now.

I just schedule regular cleanups and they still try to tell me that "Aah Sifu, waste of money ni yen, ko da nkonkon duro".

Frankly, we have a long way to go.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:07am On Jul 01, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don't even bother debating it with folks on my site now.

I just schedule regular cleanups and they still try to tell me that "Aah Sifu, waste of money ni yen, ko da nkonkon duro".

Frankly, we have a long way to go.

I have the same situation and just take it upon myself to pay for the clean up. But to be honest with you, the client should not be forking out extra for site clean up. Each contractor or workman should clean up after them after the day's job, but what the client is saddled with is the electrician after completion will leave his mess behind, same for the POP crew, plaster man, carpenter, plumber etc and by the time you get to floor tiling the site is filled with so much waste, even poo and poo load of pure water sachet. No be so na.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WorldAmbassador: 12:25am On Jul 01, 2017
toxxnoni:

Your quotation is ready but your number is not available kindly send me your email or send me an email: astrogeotech@yahoo.com

j_okona@hotmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:02am On Jul 01, 2017
diordaves:
Man you need to introduce that painter in action to us here, his working environment may not be as neat as expected. I can see his method of painting is as professional as it could be. I may be wrong he used spraying gun instead of local traditional brush that will take forever to paint a house. In spraying method one could save a lot in paint and it could be done faster. I do understand every corner can not be easily sprayed but most wide-opened space can be sprayed to save time and money.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:28am On Jul 01, 2017
topsy23:

The inverter equipment can be under the stairs but extractor fan must be provided to extract the battery fumes out.
In my opinion, its better to keep it way if possible exterior for safety peace of mind, instead of using engineering control. If you can eliminate the risk why control it ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (3684) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joedguy, AngelicBeing and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.