Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388856 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kelvin1191(m): 11:26pm On May 16, 2018
skimanski:

Please did they mean a bundle of 16mm is N10,000?
Its not reclain (the one with four core. na ordinary one e fit be. that type they usually write 100yrds.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 7:05am On May 17, 2018
kelvin1191:

Its not reclain (the one with four core. na ordinary one e fit be. that type they usually write 100yrds.

I know its Single Core Cable .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 8:13am On May 17, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Hi sir
Pls when making a choice of where to get your tiles,WC and sanitary wares do well to consider Epic ceramics. We are assorted in design ,quality and colours.

And we can deliver to your site at zero cost if its within Lagos.

Hajj my Boss am very sorry. APPOLOGIES!

You no dey hear word. Lol. You need cane Abi ?? 12 strokes. grin. No ad here, obey or chop cane.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2018
EndiaSami:

You no dey hear word. Lol. You need cane Abi ?? 12 strokes. grin. No ad here, obey or chop cane.

Baba no mind me abeg na buhari cause am
#badmarket grin

Good morning folks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:00am On May 17, 2018
back2sender:
Hello House,
Need some heads up from you all.
I just roofed my house carcass(storey building) and what stage do I proceed now.
1.Laying the plumbing pipes
2. Laying the electrical pipes
3.fixing the aluminium window frame
4.plastering the building.
5.etc etc.
Please how do I arrange the above task after roofing.
Need this so that I can arrange myself financially.
Thanks and look forward to your comments.
Daboomb, angelic, Hajji, skimanski, checkitout,

I agree with this sequence, but be careful of Number 2, do that only if your site is secure. I have had cases of people drawing out the wires from the pipes and stealing them at night. Good wires are costly these days.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:33am On May 17, 2018
What of aluminium wire. Often times when it says 16mm it is the aluminium wire.

skimanski:

Very wrong oo!! 16mm one bundle is 72,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:39am On May 17, 2018
It's probably the 16mm aluminium wire which should be about right I still have left over from the lot I bought in 2010 and it was 3k direct from kabel metal

NL1960:

Thanks. I will use this to engage him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Posi1(f): 12:01pm On May 17, 2018
Can somebody help me with how much bags of cement will do for tilling 2bedroom flat. Kitchen, palour, 3toilets,dinning and small balcony. Tnx ASAP
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 3:18pm On May 17, 2018
Posi1:
Can somebody help me with how much bags of cement will do for tilling 2bedroom flat. Kitchen, palour, 3toilets,dinning and small balcony. Tnx ASAP

You have no total area of where you want to tiled.
Nobody can tell you the right number of cement you need.
Buy four first and see how far that can take the job to
then you decide how many you will buy more to finish the job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 17, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

Baba no mind me abeg na buhari cause am
#badmarket grin

Good morning folks

bros just open your own thread and market your stuffs there. they already said this place is not for ad. but you keep disobeying. what is hard to understand with that rule?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:33pm On May 17, 2018
Posi1:
Is this 2bedroom flat semi detached or single two bedroom sir?
Often times the number of cement bags needed is not always accurate, a tiler may request 10bags & end up using 20. Like someone rightly suggested is buy bag as u go. Get around 6bags for a start, someone should always be on ground to supply them should incase they need more...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 9:57pm On May 17, 2018
gabbytabby:
What of aluminium wire. Often times when it says 16mm it is the aluminium wire.

It’s copper and not Alluminum.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 7:45am On May 18, 2018
back2sender:
Hello House,
Need some heads up from you all.
I just roofed my house carcass(storey building) and what stage do I proceed now.
1.Laying the plumbing pipes
2. Laying the electrical pipes
3.fixing the aluminium window frame
4.plastering the building.
5.etc etc.
Please how do I arrange the above task after roofing.
Need this so that I can arrange myself financially.
Thanks and look forward to your comments.
Daboomb, angelic, Hajji, skimanski, checkitout,

1. Plumbing; Pipe laying only. Fttings to come after plumbing (You will be breaking walls a lot)
2. 1st stage Elelctrical (draw conduit wirings, backpanels, DB's but no final fittings yet)
3. fix Aluminium windows (cover it properly with polythene/Nylon)
4. Plastering (to seal-in windows, plumbing pipes and wires, e.t.c)
5. What about Tilling?

My method, my opinion.
More grease to your elbow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:07am On May 18, 2018
Daboomb:

1. Plumbing; Pipe laying only. Fttings to come after plumbing (You will be breaking walls a lot)
2. 1st stage Elelctrical (draw conduit wirings, backpanels, DB's but no final fittings yet)
3. fix Aluminium windows (cover it properly with polythene/Nylon)
4. Plastering (to seal-in windows, plumbing pipes and wires, e.t.c)
5. What about Tilling?

My method, my opinion.
More grease to your elbow.

No 2: draw conduit pipes, DBs
No 3: plaster walls ( at this point make sure entry and exit doors are in place/any door at the external of the building
No:4: fix window and seal them dressing/rendering
Etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asids55: 10:30am On May 18, 2018
please who knows a good supplier of sumo long span aluminum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 11:41am On May 18, 2018
Posi1:
How many Sqm are you tiling
Are you tiling the toilet and kitchen walls?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2018
write2obi:

How many Sqm are you tiling
Are you tiling the toilet and kitchen walls?
Sir pardon my ignorance....Do they also use portland cement for walls? I thought it is white cement...How many cement bags can complete a 12.96 sqm? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jadell: 1:01pm On May 18, 2018
Good day my people, please which is better between thick pipe and square rod for burglary.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 2:36pm On May 18, 2018
jadell:
Good day my people, please which is better between thick pipe and square rod for burglary.

Thank you.
I think size is a major factor. What are the sizes?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jadell: 3:39pm On May 18, 2018
snakebeat:

I think size is a major factor. What are the sizes?

The pipe is three-quarter while the square rod is 14mm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir pardon my ignorance....Do they also use portland cement for walls? I thought it is white cement...How many cement bags can complete a 12.96 sqm? Thanks.
Portland cement can be used for walls, white cement are mostly used to blind the grout.
2 bags will be enough for 12.96sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:11pm On May 18, 2018
write2obi:

Portland cement can be used for walls, white cement are mostly used to blind the grout.
Thanks alot sir.
How many catons of ceramic tiles will cover 12.96sqm? It's just a small corner shop...Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 5:16pm On May 18, 2018
jadell:

The pipe is three-quarter while the square rod is 14mm.
by three-quarter u mean how many inch or mm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:23pm On May 18, 2018
write2obi:

If I go by this estimate, it means l should be looking at about 18 bags of cement for 127sqms? As I currently have a small project of 127square metres that will require tiling in the next couple of weeks? Thanks as you respond

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jadell: 7:52pm On May 18, 2018
Rubbiish:

by three-quarter u mean how many inch or mm?

Half inch
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:33pm On May 18, 2018
jadell:

Half inch
If u have the money i will advise u to go for one inch square pipe, i dont think the difference is that much. But i still prefer the square pipe to thick pipe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 11:08pm On May 18, 2018
Which is better, Galvanised Steel or Iron for Stair case Railings?
Any idea about average price per metre? Or how do they measure it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 11:45pm On May 18, 2018
alstacs:
Which is better, Galvanised Steel or Iron for Stair case Railings?
Any idea about average price per metre? Or how do they measure it?
I thought stainless steel is best for railings?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jadell: 5:07am On May 19, 2018
Rubbiish:

If u have the money i will advise u to go for one inch square pipe, i dont think the difference is that much. But i still prefer the square pipe to thick pipe.

Thanks. Though it's actually a square pipe, I only think the 1 inch square pipe will be a bit bogus.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 8:06am On May 19, 2018
Rubbiish:

Thanks alot sir.
How many catons of ceramic tiles will cover 12.96sqm? It's just a small corner shop...Thanks.

Hi
On your question it all depends on the packing of the tiles in question
Tiles comes in different packing like 1.8,1.6,1.4 etc
But 13m² should not be more thank 7 or 8 packs

(1) (2) (3) ... (970) (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Talktalk2022 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.