Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390526 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
spyder880:
If you live in a dusty area, the precast with lots of curves will be getting dirty often, making you repaint the house after some time.
True...But seems the precast is more flexible when it comes to design.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
educhigo:
please brothers and sister i need urgent answer for those who know the prizes of this disable toilet and wash hand basin in delta state asaba,actually i base in china sending money in nigeria to build rented house but they want to open account on my head,please my people i need answer, picture added

Hi this is around 38k here in Lagos n the waybill cost would not be much depending on how many ure buying

There ones of 35k too n even less

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
educhigo:
please brothers and sister i need urgent answer for those who know the prizes of this disable toilet and wash hand basin in delta state asaba,actually i base in china sending money in nigeria to build rented house but they want to open account on my head,please my people i need answer, picture added

This one is China twyford n its 23k
Top flush
Disable

We also sell tiles and sanitary wares cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
Julivas:
Please guru in the house, what can cause a recently screeded floor to be bleeding out reddish colour fluid? Thanks.

This one you're talking reddish colour, abeg look am well oooo before police visit your site oooooo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
ThatHistoryGuy:

This one is China twyford n its 23k
Top flush
Disable

We also sell tiles and sanitary wares cool

Sir,
You can kindly attach your link to your thread so anyone interested can click on it and follow through instead of continually putting up your products because someone asked a question as regards it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
rotecch77:

So as a builder you advise to load a fresh slab after 3days, ok.

Is there any law that says its wrong?

People have been known to build a single storey building in 30 days.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
bixton:

Sir,
You can kindly attach your link to your thread so anyone interested can click on it and follow through instead of continually putting up your products because someone asked a question as regards it.

It is well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
bixton:

Is there any law that says its wrong?

People have been known to build a single storey building in 30 days.

I thought d op was referring to suspended slab & not german floor....Going by the number of days stated for concrete to attain max. strength, i think it is wrong...

Moreover, building a storey building in 30 days can only be possible in Nigeria when precast concrete is used...& We know that isn't the case in this instance...

Probably u can give a rough breakdown on how u intend to achieve insitu concrete for a storey building within 30days...So we can learn sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
Rubbiish:

I thought d op was referring to suspended slab & not german floor....Going by the number of days stated for concrete to attain max. strength, i think it is wrong...

Moreover, building a storey building in 30 days can only be possible in Nigeria when precast concrete is used...& We know that isn't the case in this instance...

Probably u can give a rough breakdown on how u intend to achieve insitu concrete for a storey building within 30days...So we can learn sir.

There are lots of articles out there but you can get a hint from this link
https://precast.org/2013/10/28-day-myth/

Proper planning and you'll hit that time frame.
Get the right number of workers on site you can handle.
Remember strict supervision is the key to a good outcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by askmeee: 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
rotecch77:

So as a builder you advise to load a fresh slab after 3days, ok.
I have even done after 2 days
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FADEO: 5:12am On Jul 12, 2018
kopell:
Bathrooms window N900, regular N1,800 big windows and doors N2,300, Ark with very good looking designs N2,500. The are not even precast, these are permanently done before plastering with all materials suppled by me about a year ago.

Just Curious... what do u mean these are not precast but are permanently made?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2018
askmeee:
I have even done after 2 days

Ooh! this is a issues great!
You mean one can load fresh Slab of just 2days?
If it's weldone pls kindly prove to house with good reference!
Which I blv u knw about those things, needs to consider while loading Concrete work or SLAB!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
pls house I just what to confirm if 90ft x 30ft will enough to build a 2bedroom flat that will OK
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please house am back again with my questions,I just received this quote from the engineer handling my project in Lagos for roofing woodwork for steptile aluminum cos the roof is hidden ,please any input will help a lot as I think the quote is ridiculous especially the workmanship,it’s a flat roof I have included the quote and the roof plan too,input will be highly appreciated

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2018
Teebawse:
Please house am back again with my questions,I just received this quote from the engineer handling my project in Lagos for roofing woodwork for steptile aluminum cos the roof is hidden ,please any input will help a lot as I think the quote is ridiculous especially the workmanship,it’s a flat roof I have included the quote and the roof plan too,input will be highly appreciated

The price for the wood are good
check the quantity---?
8 bags of nail-- arm robber
wood work should not be more than 120k-- (500k arm robber)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2018
Teebawse:

It appears every quote is now ridiculous. Na raining season we dey.
You did not mention your structure type?
How many floors?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
bixton:

It appears every quote is now ridiculous. Na raining season we dey.
You did not mention your structure type?
How many floors?

It’s just a story building of twin duplex,3 bedroom each

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
donokoh:
pls house I just what to confirm if 90ft x 30ft will enough to build a 2bedroom flat that will OK
It will sir...But u gonna have a linear kind of design for it work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2018
so for of a building project, at the beginning stage which of the options is better, and why. 3br apts x 3 on 1 plot of land

1. buy a 20ft shipping container, [cost btw 150k to 250k], and store your cement+other building accesories inside, this is in addition to the having a small batcher house where a few workers may sleep over.

2. construct the gate/security house first, and let it serve as your store room, while construction is going on

3rdly, am thinking of having separate water tanks for each of the 3 apartments, with a 4th one being for general purpose, washi g cars, security man use etc, and i intend to mount the tanks on top of the security house, what are the possible pros and cons of this plan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
Teebawse:

It’s just a story building of twin duplex,3 bedroom each

My Guess is you are doing a 25ft height roof
criminals Nigerians
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
earthrealm:
so for of a building project, at the beginning stage which of the options is better, and why. 3br apts x 3 on 1 plot of land

1. buy a 20ft shipping container, [cost btw 150k to 250k], and store your cement+other building accesories inside, this is in addition to the having a small batcher house where a few workers may sleep over.

2. construct the gate/security house first, and let it serve as your store room, while construction is going on

3rdly, am thinking of having separate water tanks for each of the 3 apartments, with a 4th one being for general purpose, washi g cars, security man use etc, and i intend to mount the tanks on top of the security house, what are the possible pros and cons of this plan?

The above number one, please be careful if you can send cement to site on demand
Your bags of cements might have legs to walk away

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
Rubbiish:

It will sir...But u gonna have a linear kind of design for it work.
thanks bro. sorry to ask, by linear what do mean?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donokoh(m): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
GoodFaith:

The above number one, please be careful if you can send cement to site on demand
Your bags of cements might have legs to walk away
�true talk bro.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2018
donokoh:
U gonna have a straight like building plan & not square like...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
GoodFaith:

criminals Nigerians

There are only 2 types of people who are not yet criminals
1.....those who don't know how
2.....those who are yet to see the opportunity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
GoodFaith:

criminals Nigerians

It’s a flat roof,with block works covering it,as shown in the pictures but for 2 units

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
earthrealm:

Guess the structure is going to be a double storey.
1....You can build 2 separate batcher 12x12 for cement/material and the other for workers to sleep.
2....You can possibly put 2 tanks on the structure or build a separate tank stand and put 3 tanks on it to serve the apartments inclusive of the security house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
Teebawse:

It’s a flat roof,with block works covering it,as shown in the pictures but for 2 units

Probably #220k inclusive of nogging.

Just a question
Since its a hidden roof, why don't you just slab the entire roof?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
bixton:

Probably #220k inclusive of nogging.

Just a question
Since its a hidden roof, why don't you just slab the entire roof?

That’s going to cost me more than the roofing is the decking alone for the first floor for the 2 units cost me almost 6m

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
bixton:

Guess the structure is going to be a double storey.
1....You can build 2 separate batcher 12x12 for cement/material and the other for workers to sleep.
2....You can possibly put 2 tanks on the structure or build a separate tank stand and put 3 tanks on it to serve the apartments inclusive of the security house.

yeah its actually a twin duplex, but 1 side of the twin would be 2units 2br apartments, 1 up.. 1 down.
i hate the sight of tank stands, i am still thinking of how am gonna ide the tanks.
the idea i have is to have a recessed/deep flat roof, like in the picture above and plave the tanks there, so that they will be barely visible from the ground, the only draw back to this is that the gate house cum tank stand will now tower far abobe the main building,

the other option am toying with is to place 2 tanks on the flat roof of the main building, and now have the other 2 tanks on the roof of the sec man house, being that the 2 tanks there would be serving the ground floor apartment and the gatehouse, it doesnt need to be so high again, so being on the roof of the gate house would be ok, and the gate house can then be only ground floor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2018
donokoh:

Lounge, dining, kitchen one side
Rooms the other side.
A very simple floor plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2018
earthrealm:

yeah its actually a twin duplex, but 1 side of the twin would be 2units 2br apartments, 1 up.. 1 down.
i hate the sight of tank stands, i am still thinking of how am gonna ide the tanks.
the idea i have is to have a recessed/deep flat roof, like in the picture above and plave the tanks there, so that they will be barely visible from the ground, the only draw back to this is that the gate house cum tank stand will now tower far abobe the main building,

the other option am toying with is to place 2 tanks on the flat roof of the main building, and now have the other 2 tanks on the roof of the sec man house, being that the 2 tanks there would be serving the ground floor apartment and the gatehouse, it doesnt need to be so high again, so being on the roof of the gate house would be ok, and the gate house can then be only ground floor

Since you don't like tank stands, your architect/engineer can incorporate 2 separate slabs on the main building where you can place your tank(s) and the positioning should be in a way where you can put a roof over it so it flows with the building.

Putting a tank on the security house will look a bit odd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dendrick123, SanniOluwafemi(m), completey(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.