Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401986 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:03am On May 05, 2016
This dude was already aware of this product back in 2013.

adegbitetunji:
We will appreciate it if you can get a picture of it and show is here.

Hajji Mufutau

...There you go sire...ama get the company making this stuff in NG...we used it in abuja...am sure the company or her retail outlet is in abuja...if u ever use that stuff...damn its d bomb...lightweight, flexible design, easy to install...less $$, less material...less load on the building...concrete cornice sucks $$$, add extra load, its not flexible, u can't change in future without jeopardizing d structural detail of the building...etc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 5:31am On May 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What ever do you mean Sir?

The capillary conducive properties of the sub strata must certainly be judiciously evaluated and adequate research that is proportional to both the foreseen and unforeseen usage of any liquid master that eminates from as such must be considered.

One just doesn't drill without proper technical training that cumulates in an engineering accumen from a suitable institution of pedigree grin
What you just said was the grammer i refered to. Yours did His at that Cost. When grammer plenty for matter know sey abracadabra don enter, The more you look the less you see
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:43am On May 05, 2016
back2sender:

What you just said was the grammer i refered to. Yours did His at that Cost. When grammer plenty for matter know sey abracadabra don enter, The more you look the less you see

The Ibadan borehole crew are not smiling, N450,000 was the lowest that I could find. It sucks when I keep hearing this low borehole prices in Lagos and South east.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:20am On May 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The Ibadan borehole crew are not smiling, N450,000 was the lowest that I could find. It sucks when I keep hearing this low borehole prices in Lagos and South east.

It costs very little to drill a borehole in Lagos and PH, also low in Owerri and some parts of Anambra. Enugu is so high to drill that you might sink N2m and still not get good water in most parts, except Ninth Mile corner of Enugu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 6:52am On May 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I don't know why ib is like that. The borehole I did recently in Lagos was 23k. The 3k on the 20k was even a 'dash' cos the guy was nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:55am On May 05, 2016
Borehole

It's good we're talking about various subjects on construction and this good topics explains why the cost of building the same structure in different location can never be the same.

Depth
Borehole in Ibadan (Elebu) can never be cheap because of the the nature of formation in the sub surface and the depth of the water table.

The depth of the water table in some eastern states could go as low as 250ft - 1000 ft or more which means drilling to get to the bedrock would require specialized equipment.

When I was faced with real challenge of getting good flow, I went as far as getting the geological formation of a whole county in Ondo state and realize that I was in a wrong terrain.

Casing Pipes
It'll always be cheaper to sink a borehole in. terrain with high water table because the no of casing pipe required will be less (always between 2 -7 in most cases). Some challenging terrain can take up to 20 - 30 casing pipes and still not get good water.

#Ask me what happened in Ondo. Talking of things paid for and assumed were not done. erico2k2. When Davezo Nigeria Ltd (one of the best rigger in Niger Delta) gave a quote of 1.5m for a 10m cubic borehole, the estimate was thrown away and the locals got the job for fraction of the cost.

Water Analysis and Treatment
In areas where boreholes are so cheap, there may not be any need for laboratory test. I knew how much I spent to carry out such test at Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo.

Drilling Equipment and Submersible Pump

And a lot more. This is the more important reason why a comprehensive investigation needs to be carried out before purchasing any land.

The worse part is you can dig this borehole and still not get good water or a very low recharge rate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 7:36am On May 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What ever do you mean Sir?

The capillary conducive properties of the sub strata must certainly be judiciously evaluated and adequate research that is proportional to both the foreseen and unforeseen usage of any liquid master that eminates from as such must be considered.

One just doesn't drill without proper technical training that cumulates in an engineering accumen from a suitable institution of pedigree grin
This grammar made me pour out my big Tim Horton's coffee on my way to work, the Tim Horton's girl was asking me why am l laughing so hard, l told her it is EgunMogaji's grammar chai, Nairaland Una go kill person with laugh, EgunMogaji, abeg, slow down, na night school l go, help me break the "Eng-rishhh" into smaller bits so l can understand..buhahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:56am On May 05, 2016
Goodmorning nairalanders,i would love to know how much it would cost me to build this plan in benin from foundation to finish as am about starting the project,thanks and God bless

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2016
Teebawse:
Goodmorning nairalanders,i would love to know how much it would cost me to build this plan in benin from foundation to finish as am about starting the project,thanks and God bless
lovely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2016
@ Teebawse, 1000 likes for your plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:06am On May 05, 2016
thanks bro but i need an estimate sir any advice
n3xt:
@ Teebawse, 1000 likes for your plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:22am On May 05, 2016
Teebawse:
thanks bro but i need an estimate sir any advice

Sure there is.

Twinskenny - Give us ballpark figure for the Electricals (rough-ins and wiring to service panels)
Rotecch77 - Give us tiles and plumbings guesstimate
Abdulwastecx, Segzy14, KolaShangOne - Let's have figure for the carcass and plastering
Adeekiti - what should the client budget for the Windows.
Dominionng - Baba, you know what to do. Just give a budget.
Tinotino, sova - food don ready. We need a budget for this kitchen.

Teebawse - please kindly provide the key datas. Cost of sand, granite or Chippings, iron rods blocks in your location. And more importantly accessibility. It may help the guys provide you a near perfect guesstimate.

My benchmark for this build is between N8.5m - N9m.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by orllar(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:

you can have a sizeable three bedroom flat with good space to pack 3 vehicle in front of the building.

something like this can enter the plot comfortably:
three bedroom each : 12ft x 12ft
three toilet each : 4 x 8ft
kitchen : 8ft x 8ft
dining : 8ft x 8ft
living room : 16 x 14ft
store : 4 x 4ft

total floor area = 1024square feet
plot size = 2000square feet

percentage built up area = 51.2%
its becoming over-density, it should be 40%used area n 60% unused
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:33am On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

Sure there is.

Twinskenny - Give us ballpark figure for the Electricals (rough-ins and wiring to service panels)
Rotecch77 - Give us tiles and plumbings guesstimate
Abdulwastecx, Segzy14, KolaShangOne - Let's have figure for the carcass and plastering
Adeekiti - what should the client budget for the Windows.
Dominionng - Baba, you know what to do. Just give a budget.
Tinotino, sova - food don ready. We need a budget for this kitchen.

Teebawse - please kindly provide the key datas. Cost of sand, granite or Chippings, iron rods blocks in your location. And more importantly accessibility. It may help the guys provide you a near perfect guesstimate.

My benchmark for this build is between N8.5m - N9m.

Sharpsand is 15k, 30tons granite is 130k, good sandcrete blocks,9inches is 190naira per one and 6inches is 140naira per one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:34am On May 05, 2016
@ segzy14, Give figures for carcass and plastering using the datas you provided.

segzy14:

Sharpsand is 15k, 30tons granite is 130k, good sandcrete blocks,9inches is 190naira per one and 6inches is 140naira per one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dudubody: 9:01am On May 05, 2016
Guys I need your input on this.... 1.6m for plastering a block of 4 three bedroom flats in ibadan. Labor only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:13am On May 05, 2016
dudubody:
Guys I need your input on this.... 1.6m for plastering a block of 4 three bedroom flats in ibadan. Labor only

Breakdown as follows:

Each flat - 400k
Each room (assuming 3 bed, 1 kitchen, 1 lounge) - 80k
Labour charge per day (Assuming 4 men rendered a room inside out) - 20k per day work.

Can I apply for a job under you bro? grin

_______
Hear it first from me, screeding job done at Atlantic City project is just N350 per sqm and it is top class installation. I think Atlantic City project is about the biggest ongoing project in Nigeria as of today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:24am On May 05, 2016
dudubody:
If you want someone to give you option quote let me know...my bricklayer is right there in ibadan a good guy too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2016
Pls I need an idea of how many bundles of PVC ceiling that could cover a 12*12 feet bedroom.

The PVC comes in sizes of 10cm*6m and 20cm*6m.

Thanks

cc: mufutau55
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:31am On May 05, 2016
ultron1234:
@n3xt.....pls, I just need a rough estimate

You can't really get a good rough estimate for a project of this magnitude

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:36am On May 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:

You can't really get a good rough estimate for a project of this magnitude

Rough is never good, Bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:40am On May 05, 2016
Dieumerci:
Pls I need an idea of how many bundles of PVC ceiling that could cover a 12*12 feet bedroom.

The PVC comes in sizes of 10cm*6m and 20cm*6m.

Thanks

cc: mufutau55

Using 10cm ceiling strip, you'll need 22 lengths including joints. 36 length without joints but there'll be offcuts to use in other areas.

Using 20cm ceilings strip, you'll need 11 length including joints. 18 lengths without joints but there'll be offcuts to use in other areas.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dudubody: 9:45am On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

Breakdown as follows:

Each flat - 400k
Labour charge per day (Assuming 4 men rendered a room inside out) - 20k per day work.

What is the reasonable amount to pay pls
_______
Hear it first from me, screeding job done at Atlantic City project is just N350 per sqm and it is top class installation. I think Atlantic City project is about the biggest ongoing project in Nigeria as of today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dudubody: 9:47am On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

Breakdown as follows:

Each flat - 400k

_______
what is the reasonable amount to pay pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2016
dudubody:

In all honesty, that I cannot say but I do know 1.6m is too much for plastering a 4 flat (labour only) in Ibadan.

Get an option quote as suggested by Twinskenny and give your own budget to the builder. Me think 200 - 250 per flat is still a very fair deal in Ibadan. A mouthwatering one sef.

I'm not sure you know that your material cost for rendering the house (whatever size it may be) is just about half of the labour cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:04am On May 05, 2016
n3xt:

Rough is never good, Bro.

Yea oga n3xt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:08am On May 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Yea oga n3xt

Working with a rough quote can lead to a rough play - Brabus

Meanwhile, i'm still looking for my Johnny... singing Yemi Alade
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:09am On May 05, 2016
dudubody:

If each of the four bedroom flat are detached, N400,000 each per flat is reasonable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:13am On May 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:

If each of the four bedroom flat are detached, N400,000 each per flat is reasonable

You sabi tease person. Tell me you didn't see "a block of" in the OP question. You be Chaka Demus?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 11:46am On May 05, 2016
Still working on the basis of a generous pay

Breakdown
15kper room with no decking and 20k with decking

lower floor
3rooms 60k
kitchen 20k
3toilet 30k
1 hallway 10k
livingroom 30k
Dinning 10k if separate area
Balcony 10k
3outside walls 20k

Total 190k say add about 40k for each staircase area.

I would say not more than 850k and make sure they do windows and doors at the same time.

Mama ijebu no go pay even this. I do daily rate labour.

Them be contractors me I know which side of my leg my shoe tight me.

dudubody:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2016
@ duduboy, Iya Ijebu don talk.

20k max per room and that's been generous. If mama vex carry artisan from Oyo town come do work, na total crash you go see.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2016
Suppliers Needed

18' long hard wood for roofing, wooden decks and outdoor application.

Contact 08023429122 or email (bosun@nexthomebuilders.com)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.