Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,966 members, 7,952,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:01 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4708932 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (3755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
mufutau55:

I have told you in the past that you are very lucky to have this kind of brother. Please be nice to him in return, he deserves it.
That is one good person out of 100. Personal experience don kill me...
Once my mother supported one of my brother to chop, she knows but never told me, I took the money from her monthly feeding allowance and the whole family heard about it and blamed her... and since then she never, ever get involved again.
Imagine out of 9 kids, I am the only one caring for her for many decades... and still supporting the lousy one... they all take me for granted.

Hajji M.

Mother's love.. No matter how prodigal a son is, they always support them still..
I've heard many mother stories too because mothers are usually the first people we trust..

@NL1960 Your brother deserves a thumbs up.
There are other people who do we service and you think they are on your side but its all camoflague..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
gabbytabby:
A project in ajah axis there was a mountain of iron rod delivered during the day and about midnight some ewele came and carted a great chunk of it off.

The site didn't have a fence? Security?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
Good day all,
1. please I need information on the most suitable type of wood to use as base for a water tank on iron scaffold that will last.
I have seen some that after few days of exposure to water and sunlight buckles and crashes the tank
2. name of the wood, features and going prices will be appreciated
3. Also is it advisable to line the top with nylon before placing the tank or that will promote dampness?
4. lastly, who is responsible for fixing water heater?, plumber or electrician?.
Thanks all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
peaceland:
Good day all,
1. please I need information on the most suitable type of wood to use as base for a water tank on iron scaffold that will last.
I have seen some that after few days of exposure to water and sunlight buckles and crashes the tank
3. Also is it advisable to line the top with nylon before placing the tank or that will promote dampness?
4. lastly, who is responsible for fixing water heater?, plumber or electrician?.
Thanks all.

No4 plumber
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2015
peaceland:
Good day all,
Thanks all.

1. Why do you want to use wood on top of the iron, why not lay flat iron sheet with holes and welded on top of the iron?
(See below pic) There is a iron cross bar and iron/steel sheet is laid and welded on top. No need to being scared to buckle or crash.

4. Plumber

Hajji M.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2015
twinskenny:

No4 plumber
Thanks sir, I am grateful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by peaceland(m): 12:35am On Nov 21, 2015
mufutau55:

1. Why do you want to use wood on top of the iron, why not lay flat iron sheet with holes and welded on top of the iron?
(See below pic) There is a iron cross bar and iron/steel sheet is laid and welded on top. No need to being scared to buckle or crash.

4. Plumber

Hajji M.

Thanks sir,
really appreciate your constant support sir
actually considering all options given that the stand is already in place without that section sorted out, the locals are more used to wooden platforms for the tanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:53am On Nov 21, 2015
peaceland:

Thanks sir,
really appreciate your constant support sir
actually considering all options given that the stand is already in place without that section sorted out, the locals are more used to wooden platforms for the tanks

No problem. Even if the stand is already erected, they can still put that iron plate on it.
The same one you see there was erected and standing and they think the cross ball will be enough; I said No, they should put the plates on it..
The iron plates is not a heavy one and not expensive at all....

The "3mm Flat Iron Sheet" is N7K per each and I used 2 totaled N14k. That will outlast any wood for more than 20 years.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 1:31am On Nov 21, 2015
mufutau55:
@Kolashangone
You talk truth o.. I have been in the same precadiments, and I have learnt from it.
Your family are sometimes your worst enemy. Some friends are actually better than blood relatives.
So, my brothers and sisters, please shine your eyes o.

Hajji M.

I've never worked for many client with trustworthy family members, especially all my Nairaland clients.

Shockingly, only one Nairaland client scaled this hurdle. That's talking of 3strike. His sister is as clean as snow.

Oga 3strike, you heard it from me. You have a reliable person in your sister. She's more than a sister to you!

_________
@others, I wish every other clients can tell their family members to say this after me. "May my life be ran the same way I ran my bro's/sister's/client's project"

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:38am On Nov 21, 2015
From the desk of Chekitaut:
Count on us for the best Quantity, Quality, Affordable price of Granite.

Island, V.I, Lekki, Ajah(Roundabout)
30Tons Granite=N140,000

Call Now: 08055545355,08032887233
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 1:43am On Nov 21, 2015
gabbytabby:
A project in ajah axis there was a mountain of iron rod delivered during the day and about midnight some ewele came and carted a great chunk of it off.

mufutau55:

DAMN! Those are "Ewele Boys" for real.
Hajji M.

KolaShangOne:

The site didn't have a fence? Security?

The Ewele's have their territory in Lagos. I think their headquarters is in Lekki Scheme II where they use landrover to pack granite/sharp sand/cement at night, move iron rods during night sanitation and more.

The other place that can pass for their Divisional headquarters is Ajao Estate. I'll never forget how the hunter became the hunted.

People with projects in those two areas can attest to this. You need territorial powers to protect materials in those areas.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2015
twinskenny:

Thank you sir..

i have installed wireless cam in some places here.. the issue is the availability of those cameras... only have two combo here.. which is pretty expensive....

Oga Twins-Kay,
You can import them directly from China, from sites like Allibaba (The ones in Europe/America are costlier though they have better quality) so availability should not be a problem.

Let me also add that l do understand there are "unique' problems with buying things from overseas, within our Nigerian "delivery channels" (Pilferage, non-delivery, e.t.c)
If you have a customer that really needs them, and you are finding it difficult to get, holla me and l can help you buy/take delivery of them offshore and resend to you in Lagos..... but l dont think its as difficult as you think.
The disadvantage of such 'offshore' delivery is that it is more expensive as you have to pay a higher rate of VAT and probably Import duty.

More Grease to your elbow.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:58am On Nov 22, 2015
gabbytabby:

What I can't stand is not being able to trust your mother I can almost forgive anybody but mother that will be pouring sand in your progress is no mother in my book.

Its called GREED!

That thing called Greed knows no 'blood relation'.
Nothing is beyond a greedy person!

When it comes to "speaking on the side of integrity", you Maam is one person l respect a lot, for that.

You wont know why and l wont say why but some years back, you stood for TRUTH... when everyone was playing 'eye-service'.
Since then, l have checked out your positions on so many other issues and you have remained consistent.
If you say something is "1", l know anyone and everyone can bank on it.

I still cant figure-out a way to meet you in person without blowing my own cover. grin grin

Anyway, l can only wish you well... from afar! wink undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2015
spyder880:

This country needs real re orientation. I cannot understand when or how things got this bad but the desperation to defraud people is surprising, but relatives stealing from their own blood is unforgivable.

You can say that again!

It's even more frightening when l see the "moral compass" of the younger generation and how they dont even give a hoot about such things.

We are used to hearing that the "Old generation" has failed the nation.... and that is very true because most of the evil the younger ones are exhibiting, they copied from older folks........... but they have now "re-invented and re-patent" it is such an alarming manner.

Imagine, the robbery around Agbara about a wekk ago and how they just wasted people, including a pregnant woman, like they are ants? angry angry
I am wondering..." How will it look like, say in 40yrs from now"?

We need to talk to ourselves otherwise, we will be our own worst enemy in a few years time.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2015
mufutau55:

I have told you in the past that you are very lucky to have this kind of brother. Please be nice to him in return, he deserves it.
That is one good person out of 100. Personal experience don kill me...
Once my mother supported one of my brother to chop, she knows but never told me, I took the money from her monthly feeding allowance and the whole family heard about it and blamed her... and since then she never, ever get involved again.
Imagine out of 9 kids, I am the only one caring for her for many decades... and still supporting the lousy one... they all take me for granted.

Hajji M.

Dont worry Hajji, at times, l think God has a "destiny" for each of us.... and a "responsibility" to go with it.
With such "responsibility", l also think if we discharge it properly, the Heavens also ensure that we dont lack what it takes to fulfil that destiny.

My Mum has a few words she use to say
*The hand of the Giver, is always On-Top.
*Only those that "have",... can "give". You cant give, if you dont have! undecided
*Giving puts a "mentality" into your psyche such that you will always strive to have more (because of those you need to give to)... and you will always have more! shocked

Look at it this way: Do you think you are the hardest-working/smartest person around.... that God has blessed you this far/much?
*If riches are 'directly derivable' from hardwork, dont you think those people that do "Alabaru" should be the richest in this world?

Let me say something today: There is a "BIG blessing" attached to those who care for their parents.
A Parent's curse/prayer (with good reason) on a child will stick like Evo Stik Gum! undecided undecided

Finally, "l would rather God bless me, so l can continue to help others...than God bless others, so l can beg them to assist me"! undecided kiss

Continue to do it and just ask them to continue to "say a prayer for you", in return.
Thats all you need.

More blessings.

Lastpage!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:24am On Nov 22, 2015
gabbytabby:

ROFL! grin grin

"Ewele" indeed!

One house at Ikorodu, they use Mortar/Cement to chock the Aluminium windows till about 6pm in the evening, by next morning some "Ewele" had removed all the windows before daybreak! shocked shocked shocked
The site does not have a maiguard though.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:33am On Nov 22, 2015
Chekitaut:
From the desk of Chekitaut:
Count on us for the best Quantity, Quality, Affordable price of Granite.

Island, V.I, Lekki, Ajah(Roundabout)
30Tons Granite=N140,000

Call Now: 08055545355,08032887233

Chekitaut! Chekitaut!! Chekitaut!!! shocked shocked

How many times did l call you?

Remove that Ten Thousand Naira you added to that price otherwise there would be E-fight right away! angry angry

I am not smiling at you at all! embarassed embarassed

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Happy Sunday to everybody

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2015
brabus:

I've never worked for many client with trustworthy family members, especially all my Nairaland clients.

Shockingly, only one Nairaland client scaled this hurdle. That's talking of 3strike. His sister is as clean as snow.

Oga 3strike, you heard it from me. You have a reliable person in your sister. She's more than a sister to you!

_________
@others, I wish every other clients can tell their family members to say this after me. "May my life be ran the same way I ran my bro's/sister's/client's project"

I have also faced such situations but whenever they start saying add this and that,I will always tell them please tell your brother/sister abroad that, and if they disturb me too much,I will report them to their brother/sister.
I left a project just because of that instead of dragging my name into the mud.
I have an ongoing project where the first building(bungalow) in that project were supervised by the relatives of the client,from inception to completion the total sum spent for area boys was 500k by the relatives and the ongoing project handled by me from foundation to finishes the client has spent only 80k for the area boys.
The client is still amazed at the margin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeememman(m): 11:03am On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:

ROFL! grin grin

"Ewele" indeed!

One house at Ikorodu, they use Mortar/Cement to chock the Aluminium windows till about 6pm in the evening, by next morning some "Ewele" had removed all the windows before daybreak! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!
i always ensure brick layers are @ work on site b4 i install windows to avoid day dreaming but a colleague fell victim even with dat. Dat experience was a story with episodes because the owner of the house believed he's a conspirator with d thieves. Since then i became more careful, and instal wen plastering is almost finished, though it cost me more tym and manpower. God help us in naija.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2015
segzy14:

I have also faced such situations but whenever they start saying add this and that,I will always tell them please tell your brother/sister abroad that, and if they disturb me too much,I will report them to their brother/sister.
I left a project just because of that instead of dragging my name into the mud.
I have an ongoing project where the first building(bungalow) in that project were supervised by the relatives of the client,from inception to completion the total sum spent for area boys was 500k by the relatives and the ongoing project handled by me from foundation to finishes the client has spent only 80k for the area boys.
The client is still amazed at the margin.

A lawless country... Who these so called area boys?
We are so messed up in this country

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nigeriancuban: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
ckenneths:

And that is why structural guys are adding as much columns as possible for supports. And even the strong solid blocks we are talking about, are they cheap? What made them produce the lower quality is us, when the owner beats down the whole prices?
yes its suppose to be like that naturally,blockwork is to partition the building not resist loads but its very surprising that you see some bungalows without a single pillar,all in the name of managing resources....well I don't blame them though some don't even intend leaving any structure for their kids but the bible says that wise parents lives inheritances for the lineage....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nigeriancuban: 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Trust me Sir, I'm up for trying new ideas. But they have to make sense to me as a non builder.

I just want to make those creative attempts in places where they can be easily corrected. Foundation once done is mostly done. We can change the roof coverings, the paint, doors and windows but not foundation.
lol,and even the listed ones are still very coat depenning...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:

ROFL! grin grin

"Ewele" indeed!

Lastpage!

Now, who bears the cost?

If it was a lumpsum contract, the Engineer / builder will have to bear the cost.
@gabbytabby Madam, who bore the cost of the stolen rods?

@lastpage Happy Sunday

@segzy14 Most family members want to make money without putting the suffering diaspora people pass through.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:

Dont worry Hajji, at times, l think God has a "destiny" for each of us.... and a "responsibility" to go with it.
With such "responsibility", l also think if we discharge it properly, the Heavens also ensure that we dont lack what it takes to fulfil that destiny.

*Only those that "have",... can "give". You cant give, if you dont have! undecided
*Giving puts a "mentality" into your psyche such that you will always strive to have more (because of those you need to give to)... and you will always have more! shocked

Look at it this way: Do you think you are the hardest-working/smartest person around.... that God has blessed you this far/much?
*If riches are 'directly derivable' from hardwork, dont you think those people that do "Alabaru" should be the richest in this world?

Let me say something today: There is a "BIG blessing" attached to those who care for their parents.
A Parent's curse/prayer (with good reason) on a child will stick like Evo Stik Gum! undecided undecided

Finally, "l would rather God bless me, so l can continue to help others...than God bless others, so l can beg them to assist me"! undecided kiss

Continue to do it and just ask them to continue to "say a prayer for you", in return.
Thats all you need.

More blessings.

Lastpage!

Mr. Lastpage.. you couldn't have said it better. I actually thank my lucky star to be able to do for them.
Your words are from the wise to the wise. You tell it like it is. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2015
I reallly reallly love this message. Fantastic.
If only we could all think this way. Kudos my brother/Sister

lastpage:

Thats all you need.

More blessings.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:

Oga Twins-Kay,
You can import them directly from China, from sites like Allibaba (The ones in Europe/America are costlier though they have better quality) so availability should not be a problem.

Let me also add that l do understand there are "unique' problems with buying things from overseas, within our Nigerian "delivery channels" (Pilferage, non-delivery, e.t.c)
If you have a customer that really needs them, and you are finding it difficult to get, holla me and l can help you buy/take delivery of them offshore and resend to you in Lagos..... but l dont think its as difficult as you think.
The disadvantage of such 'offshore' delivery is that it is more expensive as you have to pay a higher rate of VAT and probably Import duty.

More Grease to your elbow.

Lastpage!

thank you sir,.. i really appreciate your advice. whenever need arise i will sure contact you.

thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:
Happy Sunday to everybody

Lastpage!
Happy Sunday to you too, Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuixech(f): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
Abuixech Engineering Services Ltd is a Construction and Engineering Services providing company. ​​We are official distributor of Okpella​-​BUA Cement and we can deliver to you in any part of Nigeria and we also have lots of construction equipment for renting/Leasing.
For Bulk purchase and distribution, please call us at any time - 08100005540, ​​07059094775​, 08100006610.

FACTORY PRICE OF N950 (Naira Only). WE SHIP TO ANY PART.

OF THE COUNTRY UPON THE CUSTOMER(S) ORDER, AND.

DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR STEP *PRODUCT: OKPELLA BUA Cement Factory

CEMENT (50KG)

*ORIGIN: Okpella BUA Cement Factory.

*PRICE PER BAG: N950 NAIRA ONLY.

*TRAILER LOAD QTY: 600.

*Total Cost: 600 BAGS X... N950 NAIRA: = N570,000 (NAIRA).

*DURATION OF DELIVERY AFTER ORDER:3DAYS.

* TRANSPORTATION COST: DEPENDS ON DISTANCE/YOUR.

Please call us at any time on 08100005540, 07059094775

NOTE:​​ Okpella​-​BUA Cement is made from one of the best quality Limestone in Africa. Located in Edo North and With target production of over three million metric tonnes of cement, Okpella Obu plant, is equipped with cutting-edge facilities, with the capacity to produce all three grades of cement, as allowed by the Nigerian Industrial Standards and the Standards Organisation of Nige​​ria (SON). These are the 32.5, 42.5 and 52.5 grades.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Now, who bears the cost?

If it was a lumpsum contract, the Engineer / builder will have to bear the cost.
@gabbytabby Madam, who bore the cost of the stolen rods?

@lastpage Happy Sunday

@segzy14 Most family members want to make money without putting the suffering diaspora people pass through.

It's a recent occurrence so we are still watching as it unfolds cos the van and co were spotted.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:

Its called GREED!

That thing called Greed knows no 'blood relation'.
Nothing is beyond a greedy person!

When it comes to "speaking on the side of integrity", you Maam is one person l respect a lot, for that.

You wont know why and l wont say why but some years back, you stood for TRUTH... when everyone was playing 'eye-service'.
Since then, l have checked out your positions on so many other issues and you have remained consistent.
If you say something is "1", l know anyone and everyone can bank on it.

I still cant figure-out a way to meet you in person without blowing my own cover. grin grin

Anyway, l can only wish you well... from afar! wink undecided

Lastpage!

Oga lastpage you dey make me blush.

2 reasons I was blessed with self contentment and secondly mo baa nile ni as my Dad was a highly intergrious man if the oyinbo dey for dictionary self. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
abuixech:
Abuixech Engineering Services Ltd is a Construction and Engineering Services providing company. ​​We are official distributor of Okpella​-​BUA Cement and we can deliver to you in any part of Nigeria and we also have lots of construction equipment for renting/Leasing.
For Bulk purchase and distribution, please call us at any time - 08100005540, ​​07059094775​, 08100006610.

FACTORY PRICE OF N950 (Naira Only). WE SHIP TO ANY PART.

OF THE COUNTRY UPON THE CUSTOMER(S) ORDER, AND.

DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR STEP *PRODUCT: OKPELLA BUA Cement Factory

CEMENT (50KG)

*ORIGIN: Okpella BUA Cement Factory.

*PRICE PER BAG: N950 NAIRA ONLY.

*TRAILER LOAD QTY: 600.

*Total Cost: 600 BAGS X... N950 NAIRA: = N570,000 (NAIRA).

*DURATION OF DELIVERY AFTER ORDER:3DAYS.

* TRANSPORTATION COST: DEPENDS ON DISTANCE/YOUR.

Please call us at any time on 08100005540, 07059094775

NOTE:​​ Okpella​-​BUA Cement is made from one of the best quality Limestone in Africa. Located in Edo North and With target production of over three million metric tonnes of cement, Okpella Obu plant, is equipped with cutting-edge facilities, with the capacity to produce all three grades of cement, as allowed by the Nigerian Industrial Standards and the Standards Organisation of Nige​​ria (SON). These are the 32.5, 42.5 and 52.5 grades.

Interesting, wot is d total cost per unit to Ajah lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (3755) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), horlabiyi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.