Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,921 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4464848 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (3685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
mufutau55:

Also keep in mind that piping for American toilet will be different from Europe/Naija toilets o. (I know you like importation of your stuffs)

Hajji M.

Hajj, the thing pass me sef.

I'm overcome with anxiety and will delay the German floor until I can walk the floor with a plumber.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Hajj, the thing pass me sef.
I'm overcome with anxiety and will delay the German floor until I can walk the floor with a plumber.

I know.. but I think you still gonna break some walls to get things done properly...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nameoh: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Option one is definitely cheaper.

Option one can also be more beautiful or esthetically pleasing than option two depending on how you finished the building and since beauty is subjective.

Option one is more durable and will not lick easily because of lack of excessive Valley. Roof lick easily at the valley, since long span roofing sheet is used for option one the dilemma of joint along purlin is eliminated.

Option one can also have better resistance to uplifting wind or any lateral lad acting on the roof through the introduction of parapet wall (don't confuse with concrete fascia).

how does parapet wall look like.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2015
nameoh:

how does parapet wall look like.

parapet wall is a wall built at the edge of the roof round to serve as wind breaker. It looks good on a building if properly done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 8:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
mavverick:

PPR pipes.
Welded with a machine whereby the pipe goes on a hole within the hand held machine, heats it all up, which reveals a glue part, then they couple the pipes together. The pic above by Topsy/Kola is that of the ongoing pipe work at my site.
Thank you sir.
I know someone who is a plumber and he keeps telling me that PPR pipes cannot be used as a hot water channel.
That it leaks at a certain temperature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Pp-r, pipe is good for both hot and cold water. Line, although many low quality are now flooded the mkt, also Encho pipe is also very good, I do use both of them, these is NL member house project at Ajah and ikeja GRA
Diff" project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
The Ppr pipe can withstand temperature up to 95 oc. And 25bar pressure

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 01, 2015
abdulwastecx:

parapet wall is a wall built at the edge of the roof round to serve as wind breaker. It looks good on a building if properly done

Please share a picture if you can.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2015
I am a novice.
what is PPR pipes please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
@excuzeme; pp-r. Pipe. Means polypropylene random, it's a new technology pipe although it's been existing since early 80's in Germany and other parts of Europe, it's comes in 3 colours green, white and black,mainly for plumbing work

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dieumerci:

Welded pipes?
Are these copper or PPR pipes?

They are ppr pipes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Dieumerci:

Thank you sir.
I know someone who is a plumber and he keeps telling me that PPR pipes cannot be used as a hot water channel.
That it leaks at a certain temperature.

PPR Pipes are Fantastic for Hot and Cold Supply Channels. You just have to know the right ones. To be fully Guaranteed of the Best PPR Pipes, Kindly purchase Directly from Whictech Groups (The Guys that Sell Stone Coated Roofs). They have the Best PPR Pipes available. Though More expensive than the ones you see in the Market, but if the Money is available for the Project, then you go for it, and be rest assured.

Below are some pics of the Main PPR Pipes

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2015

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
skimanski:

PPR Pipes are Fantastic for Hot and Cold Supply Channels. You just have to know the right ones. To be fully Guaranteed of the Best PPR Pipes, Kindly purchase Directly from Whictech Groups (The Guys that Sell Stone Coated Roofs). They have the Best PPR Pipes available. Though More expensive than the ones you see in the Market, but if the Money is available for the Project, then you go for it, and be rest assured.

Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2015
@skimaski;yes wichtech is good but there others good ones in the market also tested and trusted.(R A K, from United Arab Emirate)But the price is a more high than the replica ones that flooded the mkt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2015
skimanski:

Fakes will continue to flood the market even more because demand is high and people continue to look for cheaper options. There's this "this one will do the work too" option we always have.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 11:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
skimanski:

Thank you so much for this valuable information.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2015
Well, soakaway is done. Lots of lesson learned grin

I continue to thank the builders for sharing with us. Most importantly for establishing achievable benchmark in quality.

My bricklayer and I have a different eye for quality.

"Sebi sokawe lasan ni" angry

But he's willing to learn, this is a big plus for me cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2015
Great thread guys... I have 2 serious questions.
1. There is a major gist going around that the cement used in wall screeding "burns" after some years". How true is this?

2. I intend to build a small lowcost duplex within three years. While following spyder's thread I feel he will achieve his with about 6m after roofing. My question is that I intend to go in 3 stages of 2m each. How do I break the stages or do I start with purchase of blocks and rods with the first 2m?

Great day guys
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:51am On Dec 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Well, soakaway is done. Lots of lesson learned grin

I continue to thank the builders for sharing with us. Most importantly for establishing achievable benchmark in quality.

My bricklayer and I have a different eye for quality.

"Sebi sokawe lasan ni" angry

But he's willing to learn, this is a big plus for me cheesy

Baba you Don try oo..

More grease.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 02, 2015
twinskenny:

Baba you Don try oo..

More grease.

Thank you Sir.

I get motivated by you guys to keep it going.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
ceelog:
Great thread guys... I have 2 serious questions.
1. There is a major gist going around that the cement used in wall screeding "burns" after some years". How true is this?

2. I intend to build a small lowcost duplex within three years. While following spyder's thread I feel he will achieve his with about 6m after roofing. My question is that I intend to go in 3 stages of 2m each. How do I break the stages or do I start with purchase of blocks and rods with the first 2m?

Great day guys

Abeg make una answer my questions nau... @Hajji and co
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:53pm On Dec 05, 2015
ceelog:

Hehehee! grin grin grin

See as the "screeding experts" just avoid this question! shocked shocked (Not referring to Hajji in anyway)

That "screeding" is one big scam for the uninformed!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
ceelog:

It really depends on how quickly you want to complete or at least reach decking stage.

If you want to reach decking within 6 to 9 weeks then start money on about 3k blocks, 500 bags of cement, sharp sand, Gravel or granite, 2 tonnes of iron (1-16mm, .5-12mm and .5-8mm, about 50 pieces of 1by12by12 plank wood . After this hold about 500k for misc. Your next big purchase should be at decking level.

I say this assuming that you are supervising it yourself and can secure the cement otherwise buy about 200-300 initially and the rest at decking stage.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
lastpage:

Hehehee! grin grin grin

See as the "screeding experts" just avoid this question! shocked shocked (Not referring to Hajji in anyway)

undecided undecided

Lastpage!
they would soon go for your head for saying the truth.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2015
abouzaid:

No one will go for his head

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
lastpage:

Hehehee! grin grin grin
undecided undecided
Lastpage!

Nah true o. I still get plenty big Ogas for here o. But I have never screeded any of my house o... I too poor for that o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
abouzaid:

I actually dont mind folks "calling me out" .....as far as they are objective and factual about it. undecided

This my coconut head may even need replacement one of these days, so maybe they would be doing me a favour, by doing that!
shocked grin grin grin

"Screeding" Experts, make una come assist us for these B.I.G Kweshion!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Shoutout to my Oga that sent me this link. Still don't get the wall screeding being a scam part!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dominionng:
Shoutout to my Oga that sent me this link. Still don't get the wall screeding being a scam part!

I don't either and I'm waiting for the cool kids to explain it to the class.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
mufutau55:

Nah true o. I still get plenty big Ogas for here o. But I have never screeded any of my house o... I too poor for that o.

Hajji M.

Hajji M,

I have read where all our expert Builders (almost everyone of them) have pasted on their construction projects.. "Now we are into Screeding stage".

How come none of them can answer the question the gentle man asked?
I am trying to provoke someone to answer the question, though.

I have never done (that is if l even know) this thing they call "Screeding" in any of my builds but l do know that we use 'white chalk' (Efun, white plaster or what ever name you wish to call it) to paint the wall first, to allow the final colour to stand out. undecided

That is an age-old tradition ..... but this "Screeding" term got me all confused so, l need help there too.

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dominionng:

Well, there is more than one way to kill a Cat!

Someone who has done "Screeding" on his build can tell us what it is all about.

Then we can use that to really understand the scam part since l am sure, scam is not such a big grammar!

Its like if l say "Unorthodox specimens conglomerate to the nearest proximity" ... shocked shocked

....when all l intend to say is simply "Birds of the same feather, flock together" undecided

Now, that is a "grammatical scam"! grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (3685) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dangoteinlaw and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.