Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4460833 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (3684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
abuixech:
Abuixech Engineering Services Ltd is a Construction and Engineering Services providing company. ​​We are official distributor of Okpella​-​BUA Cement and we can deliver to you in any part of Nigeria and we also have lots of construction equipment for renting/Leasing.
For Bulk purchase and distribution, please call us at any time - 08100005540, ​​07059094775​, 08100006610.

FACTORY PRICE OF N950 (Naira Only). WE SHIP TO ANY PART.

OF THE COUNTRY UPON THE CUSTOMER(S) ORDER, AND.

DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR STEP *PRODUCT: OKPELLA BUA Cement Factory

CEMENT (50KG)

*ORIGIN: Okpella BUA Cement Factory.

*PRICE PER BAG: N950 NAIRA ONLY.

*TRAILER LOAD QTY: 600.

*Total Cost: 600 BAGS X... N950 NAIRA: = N570,000 (NAIRA).

*DURATION OF DELIVERY AFTER ORDER:3DAYS.

* TRANSPORTATION COST: DEPENDS ON DISTANCE/YOUR.

Please call us at any time on 08100005540, 07059094775

NOTE:​​ Okpella​-​BUA Cement is made from one of the best quality Limestone in Africa. Located in Edo North and With target production of over three million metric tonnes of cement, Okpella Obu plant, is equipped with cutting-edge facilities, with the capacity to produce all three grades of cement, as allowed by the Nigerian Industrial Standards and the Standards Organisation of Nige​​ria (SON). These are the 32.5, 42.5 and 52.5 grades.
For real!
I hope you do POD.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
lastpage:

Chekitaut! Chekitaut!! Chekitaut!!! shocked shocked

How many times did l call you?

Remove that Ten Thousand Naira you added to that price otherwise there would be E-fight right away! angry angry

I am not smiling at you at all! embarassed embarassed

Lastpage!
That is the way it is now. December sales is 130,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
abuixech:
Abuixech Engineering Services Ltd is a Construction and Engineering Services providing company. ​​We are official distributor of Okpella​-​BUA Cement and we can deliver to you in any part of Nigeria and we also have lots of construction equipment for renting/Leasing.
For Bulk purchase and distribution, please call us at any time - 08100005540, ​​07059094775​, 08100006610.

CEMENT (50KG)

NOTE:​​ Okpella​-​BUA Cement is made from one of the best quality Limestone in Africa. Located in Edo North and With target production of over three million metric tonnes of cement, Okpella Obu plant, is equipped with cutting-edge facilities, with the capacity to produce all three grades of cement, as allowed by the Nigerian Industrial Standards and the Standards Organisation of Nige​​ria (SON). These are the 32.5, 42.5 and 52.5 grades.
interested in 42.5G hw much to Lagos and Abuja?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
abuixech:

CEMENT (50KG)

Truly hoping that this is not a scam.

I'll be watching developments to see who this goes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2015
Soaking away at EgunMogajis.

Question: Based on the current temperature in Ibadan, if the walls were plastered last Wednesday, will it be ready to serve as water storage by Monday?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

pay on delivery works better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
twinskenny:
pay on delivery works better

I only do pay on delivery but even that could still be a scam.

If delivered at all but they delivered sub standard materials or less than the volume in each bag.

And the biggie, if they fail to deliver at all and you have crew standing by with no cement arriving

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
@Egunmogaji were thec4 columns in the inside an after-thought? Cos it looks freshly plastered

The cement might be real. Just that you need to run it through tests to be sure the strength is what it is
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

1,000,000% scam.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2015
You seem soooo sure grin grin grin

FastShipping:

1,000,000% scam.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2015
KolaShangOne:
@Egunmogaji were thec4 columns in the inside an after-thought? Cos it looks freshly plastered and doesnt interlock with the surrounding wall

The cement might be real. Just that you need to run it through tests to be sure the strength is what it is

Not an afterthought and was plastered together with the rest of the wall as far as I can see from the pictures that were sent to me.

I'm not too bothered with it actually as all the pillars will carry just the load of the decking. I think what you guys call static load and there will be no live load ever on top of it.

Thanks for pointing that out, I really appreciate it.

I might have a small job for you. Very small but I can only trust you or Abdulwastecx with it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
gabbytabby:

Oga lastpage you dey make me blush.

2 reasons I was blessed with self contentment and secondly mo baa nile ni as my Dad was a highly intergrious man if the oyinbo dey for dictionary self. grin

Uka-Madam (Like Chief Zebrudiah's boy used to say) grin

I guess yours is a case of a "good home and good home training".

Dont blush, you are who you are. undecided

Then you agree that l am not just flattering you.

Have a blessed day.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 2:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
Chekitaut:
That is the way it is now. December sales is 130,000

Issokay Sir,
we will have to wiat till January niyen!
undecided undecided grin grin

Probably it will be a hundred by then! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
or maybe 90K by end of Jan grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2015
I need to know.

The idea of decking the roof of the kitchen and using steel to prevent the spread of fire from there, in a case of any.

How effective is this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dieumerci:
I need to know.

The idea of decking the roof of the kitchen and using steel to prevent the spread of fire from there, in a case of any.

How effective is this?

Though I haven't studied the source of most you fires in Nigeria but my opinion is that it's a total waste and a waste of resource common with Nigerian attitude of more and more.

What is the source of the fire? Cooking or over voltage through cheap Chinese wiring?

In my build the stove will have a modern flexible faucet for filing cooking pots directly on the stove and this can use to quench any cooking fire. I will also have fire extinguisher in the kitchen as I have in all my kitchens to date. I don't mean the cheapest fire extinguisher bought from a hawker in traffic but a god fearing grade K fire extinguisher of adequate size that all household members will know how to use because we will have emergency drills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Though I haven't studied the source of most you fires in Nigeria but my opinion is that it's a total waste and a waste of resource common with Nigerian attitude of more and more.

What is the source of the fire? Cooking or over voltage through cheap Chinese wiring?

In my build the stove will have a modern flexible faucet for filing cooking pots directly on the stove and this can use to quench any cooking fire. I will also have fire extinguisher in the kitchen as I have in all my kitchens to date. I don't mean the cheapest fire extinguisher bought from a hawker in traffic but a god fearing grade K fire extinguisher of adequate size that all household members will know how to use because we will have emergency drills.

most time like you said.. bad wiring.... was distributing dstv signal in house some weeks back.. all of a sudden the electric control board caught fire.. what happend? the whole wire used for the building are fake of low quality
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
twinskenny:

most time like you said.. bad wiring.... was distributing dstv signal in house some weeks back.. all of a sudden the electric control board caught fire.. what happend? the whole wire used for the building are fake of low quality

I took some shortcuts on my build and will take some more but will round about and correct then when I am living there 100% (won't happen for some time).

One of the few places I will never take shortcut is in electrical. All my cables and outlets will come from the US.

Instead of decking the kitchen I implore folks to think of using high quality cables and outlets, using whole house surge protector to ensure that only 230v or so comes into the house and also using multiple electrical boxes with as much individual circuits and breakers as possible. Those are the things that are mostly going to protect against fires and not decking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 10:10pm On Nov 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I took some shortcuts on my build and will take some more but will round about and correct then when I am living there 100% (won't happen for some time).

One of the few places I will never take shortcut is in electrical. All my cables and outlets will come from the US.

Instead of decking the kitchen I implore folks to think of using high quality cables and outlets, using whole house surge protector to ensure that only 230v or so comes into the house and also using multiple electrical boxes with as much individual circuits and breakers as possible. Those are the things that are mostly going to protect against fires and not decking.
Well said!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:23am On Nov 24, 2015
lastpage:

Issokay Sir,
we will have to wiat till January niyen!
undecided undecided grin grin

Probably it will be a hundred by then! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!
130,000naira is only December sales after 2015, price will be 140,000 Naira or more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2015
Chekitaut:
130,000naira is only December sales after 2015, price will be 140,000 Naira or more

I suggest we even make it 180,000 Naira by January since the peeps dont seem have "another means/supplier to source" for the same product! shocked shocked undecided undecided
Even the laws of "Demand & Supply vis-a-vis Price Elasticity" does not apply in January when virtually construction is almost non-existent! grin grin grin

carry-go jare, ....nothing do you my brother!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

@EgunMogaji,

l think the focus of that issue (decking a kitchen roof with concrete) has to do with "minimising the effect", in case of a fire outbreak.
While electrical wiring or gas leakage is a major cause of fire in homes, in the Nigerian environment, there are other causes like "Stove catching fire", "adulterated fuel suddenly exploding", "Mama Sikira suddenly forgetting that she is heating palm oil... while using one eye to watch Nollywood", "Baba Chinedu trying to do a "quickie-selfie int he kitchen after returning from Booze, late in the night and then dozzing-off", e.t.c!

The point l am making is that no matter how you try, even in the "WEST", the fire-fighters are always on-call because there is always fire erupting from as many sources as our imagination can carry us.

Having assumed that, the next question will then focus on "damage control", which is where the idea of Concrete decking for a kitchen comes-in.
Concrete by its nature, is less combustible, compared to other "roofing materials" that can be used in the kitchen-area viz PVC/Wood combo, Asbestos/Wood combo, e.t.c

Concrete Decking will also "contain and restrict" the spread of the fire ...compared to the other methods as fire generally burn "Upwards" and the Decking will definitely restrict that ability.

Thus, l think in addition to all the other options you have highlighted, the Concrete Decking is also a "second-level" protection, when the inevitable finally happens.... though, "Prevention is always better than cure", but we cant be too careful, right?

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2015
lastpage:

@EgunMogaji,

l think the focus of that issue (decking a kitchen roof with concrete) has to do with "minimising the effect", in case of a fire outbreak.
While electrical wiring or gas leakage is a major cause of fire in homes, in the Nigerian environment, there are other causes like "Stove catching fire", "adulterated fuel suddenly exploding", "Mama Sikira suddenly forgetting that she is heating palm oil... while using one eye to watch Nollywood", "Baba Chinedu trying to do a "quickie-selfie int he kitchen after returning from Booze, late in the night and then dozzing-off", e.t.c!

The point l am making is that no matter how you try, even in the "WEST", the fire-fighters are always on-call because there is always fire erupting from as many sources as our imagination can carry us.

Having assumed that, the next question will then focus on "damage control", which is where the idea of Concrete decking for a kitchen comes-in.
Concrete by its nature, is less combustible, compared to other "roofing materials" that can be used in the kitchen-area viz PVC/Wood combo, Asbestos/Wood combo, e.t.c

Concrete Decking will also "contain and restrict" the spread of the fire ...compared to the other methods as fire generally burn "Upwards" and the Decking will definitely restrict that ability.

Thus, l think in addition to all the other options you have highlighted, the Concrete Decking is also a "second-level" protection, when the inevitable finally happens.... though, "Prevention is always better than cure", but we cant be too careful, right?

Lastpage!

I completely agree with you , I always deck my kitchens because of bad kerosene and need to contain any fire inside the kitchen for some time before fighting the fire. The kitchen is one of the places most prone to fire outbreaks and decking it with concrete will reduce some of the risk.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 9:39am On Nov 24, 2015
please, Nigerians in diaspora, how easy is it to come over to the usa and learn a building craft like masonry in a technical/community college? it would be in the form of a short term course for like three months to two years. thanks as i expect your response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Well Said,

I lost my sister in-law to fire caused by cooking while trying to pour petrol in generator.

I can't understand why the generator or even petrol was in the kitchen in the first place but it happened and she is gone for good (RIP).

We really need to educate households here on this issue because we depend alot on Petrol for so many things and its storage in houses poses a very big safety concern.

lastpage:

@EgunMogaji,

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PRODUTIM1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
PRODUTIM1:
My 4bedroom bungalow is now at finishing level. I want to know if anyone has used suspended ceiling at home before? its advantages n disadvantages cos someone just introduced it to me.
Still waiting for advice!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
lastpage:

@EgunMogaji,

Lastpage!

I completely disagree.

Why not kuku deck the whole house because I might decide to smoke a cigar in bed and doze off. Or maybe my crack pipe will explode while I'm hitting it in the restroom. Or the car will catch fire in the garage as I spray carb cleaner in the carbs.

This is all part of the previously discussed overbuilding.

But to each his own.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
Members of the house,

Please can you give me some ideas of how much it cost to set up scaffolding for plastering of a house?

How many bamboos/wood are generally needed?

The site in question is 2 sets of 3 bedroom flats on both the ground and first floor plus a pent house.

Awaiting your responses.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
The kind of things av learnt here on Nairaland, i didn't learn half of it in skol....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
3strike:
The kind of things av learnt here on Nairaland, i didn't learn half of it in skol....

In my book of knowledge, there's a difference between school and education grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
@Hajj e be say this na what is replacing our trusty Bedfords

Alleged 10 tons of dharp sand being delivered on site. Alleged because I don't have a scale onsite grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:
@Hajj e be say this na what is replacing our trusty Bedfords

Alleged 10 tons of dharp sand being delivered on site. Alleged because I don't have a scale onsite grin

That is ≤ 5 tons not to talk of 10 tons.

Below are pictures of 5 tons and 30 tons dump trucks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (3684) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.