Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread - Education (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread (350376 Views)

2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread / Adekunle Ajasin University,Akungba 2016/2017 Admission Process Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Geofavor(m): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2015
Profbrian:
yes it does. With the answers inclusive
pls how much is it sold in bookshops?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2015
Geofavor:

pls how much is it sold in bookshops?
1k or so but not more than that. But heard there is an advanced english text book that is so broad and narrative. I'll check on it and tell you. Cos i heard its very reliable and commendable for both jamb and postutme
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by stephennel(m): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2015
Registration completed Lord God,let this be my time
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
stephennel:
Registration completed
Lord God,let this be my time
bro cant register mine. Its saying access code failed at jamb office. They told me the problem is national. Dont know. Am so confused
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by AleXis0r(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hum
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by edygistvilla(m): 5:17pm On Oct 14, 2015
Profbrian:
bro cant register mine. Its saying access code failed at jamb office. They told me the problem is national. Dont know. Am so confused
Jamb access codes are activation pin singularly connected to a particular jamb reg. center...if an access code is faulty, then it is the problem of center...It is fallacious to claim it is a nationwide issue...my advise to you is to register in another center to prevent time-wastage.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by OkekeChristian(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
I feel like creating a thread for this separately, but seeing how that that is so superfluous a decision, I'd just tag along here.

JAMB's UTME is a piece of cake, IF YOU PREPARE WELL; and believe me, preparing well doesn't mean reading 12 hours in a day. I remember when I used to go to the Abuja library as early as 9am, and return as late as 7pm, because I was preparing for JAMB.
Truth is, there wasn't much difference between my last JAMB score - 274 - and the first, 258. For this reason, when I hear of the "first JAMB" syndrome, I can't help but wonder why this is common.

edit this later... powerrrrr...
Edit:

Alright guys; good afternoon. It's past 2pm here, and a like notification reminded me I had something going on before my power supply was interrupted.

I was going to offer help and advice to this year's JAMB candidates, help and advice I didn't have which caused me to stay at home for a number of years. Along the way, despite my apathy for thread cluttering, I might have to open a separate thread if I need to.

My first lines of advice.

1. Do not dwell solely on the idea that it must be a university, or nothing - I know about this, the University > Polytechnic > CoE grading of institutions' mentality which many of us came out from high school with. From now, just set a career goal for yourself, and pursue it, no matter which institution it is in. Puuuleeaase! Polytechnics produce engineers, and CoEs likewise, produce professors. Be informed!

2. Do not put all your eggs in one basket! So what? You have selected your three choices of institutions now, what next? Do not sit at home; look for more opportunities. Go for a remedial, prescience, predegree program or something. Some of us live inside or close to universities but have no idea the wealth of information we miss every time these guys sit for lectures. Whether you're for next year's JAMB or the year after, if you live close to a university or tertiary institution and have free access to attend their lectures, by all means do.

3. Don't start now to read your text books. Eh eh, NO! If by now, you have not gone through your textbooks at least once( or even half) time each, don't bother starting now. What you need to do now is identify your area of weakness, and polish it up. How? Study groups, challenges, exercises, P & Qs, etc. You shouldn't start now to try cramming 30 x 4 chapters of concepts into your brain.

4. I may always end with this, and it is something that has helped me. Always remember, there is no time to waste( movies, games, and the likes - you get time for that later), and always stay positive.

I might have to always edit this space instead of cluttering this whole thread with my posts and having you go around searching for them.
If you are one of those going for Unizik's prescience program come next year, check this my other thread Nnamdi Azikiwe University Prescience programfor updates or visit the link in my signature.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Bwaal(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
following thread
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Bwaal(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
stephennel:
Registration completed Lord God,let this be my time
how much is the reg??
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by abuhubaidah: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
stephennel:
Registration completed
Lord God,let this be my time
did you register in Lagos?if yes where exactly?and how much?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by HomoSapiien: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bwaal:

how much is the reg??
Everything is #6200.
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
edygistvilla:
Jamb access codes are activation pin singularly connected to a particular jamb reg. center...if an access code is faulty, then it is the problem of center...It is fallacious to claim it is a nationwide issue...my advise to you is to register in another center to prevent time-wastage.
they collected me my 700 naira registration money and urged me to come back on friday. So if by friday, they still mess up. Then i will check on other accredited registration centres. Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Imahaps(f): 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2015
Has anyone registered in Lagos, Can't we register in cyber cafe ?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by gentleman100(m): 7:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Profbrian:
they collected me my 700 naira registration money and urged me to come back on friday. So if by friday, they still mess up. Then i will check on other accredited registration centres. Thanks
guy, improve on your English, if you tackle UTME with this, hmmmm
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by sweet7oyin(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2015
Past questions is very important make sure you answer all the questions I mean all
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by HomoSapiien: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2015
sweet7oyin:
Past questions is very important make sure you answer all the questions I mean all

Okay sir. But the only past question I have on Economics is mainly that of WAEC, is it compatible Jamb? If not, Is there any JAMB past question that is well detailed?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by sweet7oyin(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2015
Just get jamb pq answer all day questions there.... Do 1s you are not sure of u check your text book..... They would surely repeat some questions if not all
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by OkekeChristian(m): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
Edit:

Alright guys; good afternoon. It's past 2pm here, and a like notification reminded me I had something going on before my power supply was interrupted.

I was going to offer help and advice to this year's JAMB candidates, help and advice I didn't have which caused me to stay at home for a number of years. Along the way, despite my apathy for thread cluttering, I might have to open a separate thread if I need to.

My first lines of advice.

1. Do not dwell solely on the idea that it must be a university, or nothing - I know about this, the University > Polytechnic > CoE grading of institutions' mentality which many of us came out from high school with. From now, just set a career goal for yourself, and pursue it, no matter which institution it is in. Puuuleeaase! Polytechnics produce engineers, and CoEs likewise, produce professors. Be informed!

2. Do not put all your eggs in one basket! So what? You have selected your three choices of institutions now, what next? Do not sit at home; look for more opportunities. Go for a remedial, prescience, predegree program or something. Some of us live inside or close to universities but have no idea the wealth of information we miss every time these guys sit for lectures. Whether you're for next year's JAMB or the year after, if you live close to a university or tertiary institution and have free access to attend their lectures, by all means do.

3. Don't start now to read your text books. Eh eh, NO! If by now, you have not gone through your textbooks at least once( or even half) time each, don't bother starting now. What you need to do now is identify your area of weakness, and polish it up. How? Study groups, challenges, exercises, P & Qs, etc. You shouldn't start now to try cramming 30 x 4 chapters of concepts into your brain.

4. I may always end with this, and it is something that has helped me. Always remember, there is no time to waste( movies, games, and the likes - you get time for that later), and always stay positive.

I might have to always edit this space instead of cluttering this whole thread with my posts and having you go around searching for them.
If you are one of those going for Unizik's prescience program come next year, check this my other thread Nnamdi Azikiwe University Prescience programfor updates or visit the link in my signature.

Extra edit:

Hey guys, for those of you struggling with chemistry, use this to keep yourself educated.
https://www.nairaland.com/2662436/5-reasons-why-nigerian-students#38961628

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Profmaojo: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2015
Pls i have been captured in a cyber cafe but they could not print out, saying it is d fault of jamb..dat i need to hold on, dis has been going on since last week, IS IT ACTUALLY JAMB's FAULT? IS THERE ANYONE ALSO EXPERIENCING THIS?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Kejilee(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
OAU SMARTBRAINS EDU-CONSULT

Frequently asked questions by our candidates.

1. What plan does OAU SMARTBRAINS have for PREDEGREE ASPIRANTS this year?

ANS : A 6-day massively power packed preview for all candidates + mock

2. What is the duration of the tutorial/preview?

ANS : Monday 26th October 2015- Saturday 31st October 2015

3. What time will the tutorial/preview hold?

ANS :10am - 4pm

4. Where is the venue for the preview/tutorial?

ANS : Faculty of Social Sciences

5. What is the arrival time for OAU SMARTBRAINS candidates?

ANS : Monday 26th October 2015 from 9am downwards,registration for all candidates interested in tutorials & accommodation commences at the level of Faculty of social sciences basement.

6. What is the amount for the tutorial & accommodation?

ANS : Tutorial fee : 1000naira
Accommodation fee : 2500naira

7. What should we bring along?

ANS : 4 Passport photographs
Predegree Entrance Exam Slip
Non-scientific calculator
Cardigans & Blanket
Reading lamp
Reading & writing materials including OAU predegree past questions

8. Will OAU SMARTBRAINS cater for our feeding & transport?

ANS : No,you are to come along with what will suffice for the above two factors.

9.How can we contact OAU SMARTBRAINS?

ANS :Mr Lee- 08165359655
Ifyx - 08093459095

Drop your digits so as to be added to our whatsapp group.
www.fb.com/oausb

Your success is our pride

Ify Chuks
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by HomoSapiien: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Profmaojo:
Pls i have been captured in a cyber cafe but they could not print out, saying it is d fault of jamb..dat i need to hold on, dis has been going on since last week, IS IT ACTUALLY JAMB's FAULT? IS THERE ANYONE ALSO EXPERIENCING THIS?

Why go to the cyber cafe for goodness sake I told you the other day that I did mine at jamb office. You should've checked the registration centers as according to jamb website..

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2015
Profmaojo:
mine says access code failed. I have been captured but when they send it to jamb it says access code failed. This happened since last week. They said i should check back tomoro
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by SASukE20: 2:43pm On Oct 16, 2015
still following......
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
It's a very good thing to see that you're all talking and preparing for 2016/2017 UTME. I'd like to advice those opting in for competitive courses like ACCOUNTING, LAW, MBBS et al to prepare very hard not only for JAMB but also for POSTUME. For example, Universities like UI don't give a damn about your High jamb score. Someone who score 200 in jamb has thesame chance as to the person who gets 300 in jamb. The only thing that matters in that school is your Postume score. So please, prepare hard, reduce social media, reduce movies....pray hard too. SUCCESS!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
Shekstatari:
It's a very good thing to see that you're all talking and preparing for 2016/2017 UTME. I'd like to advice those opting in for competitive courses like ACCOUNTING, LAW, MBBS et al to prepare very hard not only for JAMB but also for POSTUME. For example, Universities like UI don't give a damn about your High jamb score. Someone who score 200 in jamb has thesame chance as to the person who gets 300 in jamb. The only thing that matters in that school is your Postume score. So please, prepare hard, reduce social media, reduce movies....pray hard too. SUCCESS!
thanks, i choosed UI education and religious studies and now am already preparing for their post utme cos ive hrd its always strict
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by HomoSapiien: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2015
Hello guys, please is there any specific JAMB Past Question?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by HomoSapiien: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2015
sweet7oyin:
Just get jamb pq answer all day questions there.... Do 1s you are not sure of u check your text book..... They would surely repeat some questions if not all

Okay sir.. Thank you very much..
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by evansvenus(m): 10:19am On Oct 17, 2015
Is dentistry and dental surgery accredited at unical? Need info...asap!
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by orlahtohbadt(m): 10:23am On Oct 17, 2015
gentleman100:
guy, improve on your English, if you tackle UTME with this, hmmmm
he definitely made a typo error, even an illiterate wouldn't put me and my side by side during writing
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by RyanTasie(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2015
I'm thinking of applying to study law at UNILAG. who knows the suitable subjects combination?
Re: 2016/2017 UTME And Admission Process Thread by stephennel(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
abuhubaidah:
did you register in Lagos?if yes where exactly?and how much?
Didn't register in lagos but in ogun state @ LIFE BAKER schools,general cost is #6200.But the thing with this reg. of a thing is that most centres has not been opened for it,just few of them.
Anyway shaa,this school I mentioned had started in full since 12/10/15

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (178) (Reply)

Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / [Updated] UNIZIK 2017/2018 Admission List / Federal University Of Agriculture,Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2015/2016 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.