Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) (2545 Views)

Tecno WX4 Pro Full Specification - New Update (android Nougat) / [daily Update] Android App Deals - Post Here / Update Android 6.0 Marshmallow : Motorola Moto X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by callydon(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2015
Hi pals, today we're going to talk about our favorite chatting app, WhatsApp. Yeah, I just updated my WhatsApp and noticed some cool updates on the app, one on the functionality and one on the design (or would I say, on the way things appear).
So what are these updates

1) On Functionality:
This time WhatsApp has decided to do something about the notification.I know most of us like to set different caller tunes for our different contacts so we can know when that special one is calling, right? Well, u can now do same on WhatsApp chats too. I know before now u can only set different notification tunes for all groups and all contacts. But now with the new update, you can set different notification tunes for EACH of your contacts,

and here's the one I like, you can also MUTE the notification from an individual contact, for all those contacts pestering your life. Cool right?
How to go about this, just click on the contacts profile, click "options" button and then click "view contact". From here you can choose a different notification tune for the contact or you can MUTE the contact altogether.
2) On Design:
The second update I noticed was kinda on the design of the apps appearance. Now you can choose different emojis for a particular emoji. For instance, for the "walking guy" emoji, you can now choose "a white person", "a dark person", "a white person with dark hair", etc.

To do this, just click and hold on the emoji and it's different coloured personalities will pop up, from where you can now choose. Though this might not seem like much, but it will surely add more fun to our already fun filled chatting experience.

So there you have it, and would you like to download this recent update, just click HERE.

Do you have any phone issue NOT covered by this post, feel free to ask using the comment box below.

Pics and download link on source: www.oddytech..com/2015/08/major-whatsapp-update-android_25.html?m=1
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Most i download the drop box app ist. Y not give a direct link
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by donholy28(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
silvermania:
Most i download the drop box app ist. Y not give a direct link
use Google play store
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
donholy28:
use Google play store
k so after I download drop box from playstore I can now come back to dx link right
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by donholy28(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
silvermania:
k so after I download drop box from playstore I can now come back to dx link right
update ur whatsapp directly from playstore

1 Like

Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
donholy28:
update ur whatsapp directly from playstore
sorry pls but will I see the designs you were talking about?
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by unlimitedkin: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by jideprof: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
tongue Already Enjoying The Features Since The Ending Of Last Month

Btw, Whatapp Updates Are First Available On whatsapp.com/Android Before The One In Playstore. tongue grin grin

1 Like

Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by callydon(m): 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
Guys d link has been updated with a good link to download...

Once again, go here to download: http://www.oddytech..com/2015/08/major-whatsapp-update-android_25.html?m=1
And continue to enjoy ur new WhatsApp.
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by donholy28(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
silvermania:
sorry pls but will I see the designs you were talking about?
yes
Re: MAJOR Whatsapp Update (android) by donolushegzy: 12:28am On Aug 26, 2015
Do you have someone looking for a job ? Or u personally wanna change your career.. join the social handler job channel on bbm C00442C96

(1) (Reply)

Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Dual Specification, Features & Price / Who Can Fix This For Me?(pic) / Tecno C9 Or Lg G3(uk Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.