Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,447 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Modern Idolatry 1: Love Of Sport - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modern Idolatry 1: Love Of Sport (666 Views)

Astral Projection, Mind Control, And Idolatry. Save Yourself!!! / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) / Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Modern Idolatry 1: Love Of Sport by FreshGreen: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
MODERN IDOLATRY 1: LOVE OF SPORT
Soccer, basketball, baseball, Tennis, etc are not sin but the love of them is a sin of idolatry. Satan has trapped so many people, so many Christians under the bondage of this deity, god of soccer and other sports through their inordinate affection which we think does not matter, as just normal fun.

People are ignorant that this strong, inordinate affection is inspired by satanic spirits. The Bible says people “whose minds the god of this age has blinded” 2 Corinthians 4:4; gods of sport are part of these gods.

You know the different between to like and to love? To like is to have a light affection for something – not a must, if it happens, if it comes, if you have the time, good and if not, good – that is to like and not a sin towards sport.

But to love is a strong affection – it must happen, it must come, I have to get the time - that is an inordinate affection when it is towards sport. So when your affection towards sport becomes a strong affection, something under a must, then it has become an idol to you.

Symptoms of Idolizing sports
(1) When your interest towards your favorite sport or clubs is equal to or has gone beyond your interest towards God's word and prayer, then it has become an idol to you. People are following their favorite club matches more than they follow their Bible reading and Bible study. If you can skip your church program in order to watch a match, if you can omit your personal devotions so as to watch a match, if you can cancel a visitation to minister to people just to watch a sport match, then you are under the web of modern idolatry.

(2) When you discuss sport with people more than you discuss Bible or share gospel with people, then you are already trapped with idolatry of sport. The careless Christians find it easy to discuss their favorite sports and clubs with families, friends and even strangers instead of sharing Bible with them; that is the end time device of Satan of distraction, he has taken away evangelism from the mouth of believers and given them sport talks in return. The Bible says in Malachi 3:16,
"Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name."

So what do you share with one another? If you find it easier to share sport with people more than gospel, then you under the web of modern idolatry.

(3) If you paste picture or sticker of a sport of club on your vehicle, house, etc, it means you have become addicted and obsessed with that sport. It is a sin to set image of anybody or anything on your house or on your car. You can paste sticker with gospel message on your car to minister grace to people; but pasting picture of a club or person is a sign of idolizing the person or club.

Here is a testimony of a man whom God gave a vision about Football and fans.

"I was then shown many teams and their supporters on their way to hell through the tunnels. The first team I saw was Chelsea Football Club, they were being led by Ivanovic, and followed by the other players in a straight line. They all had divers’ items in their hands; some had incense, oil, sacred rings and other things. I was then shown how all those who followed and supported this team with their hearts, were all following them in the tunnel to hell fire." - Emmanuel Agyarko

Sport is not a sin, but when you love it with all your heart, then it becomes a sin of idolatry. Only God we should love with all our heart, with strong affection and attention; and we should also love people, but only in the way of God and according to the word of God.

Mark 12:29-31, "Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. 31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these."

If you find yourself in this category of sport idol, do not harden your heart, but thank God for His mercy, repent and retrace your way to God.

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus afresh to experience genuine salvation, please click on this link, read the article and pray as directed http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:
This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM
Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com
Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org
Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394
If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topic.
Re: Modern Idolatry 1: Love Of Sport by iliyande(m): 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
Correct
Re: Modern Idolatry 1: Love Of Sport by GodnGold: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
I see sense in this.I am obsessed with my phone.pls teach me to stop.It was my TV but somehow I stopped subscribing always.Now this...Please pray for me.

(1) (Reply)

"You Are My Resting Place" By Starlingslimnet , Short Audio / Catholics: Is Mary The Mother Of God ? / Buhari Rejects Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.