Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

"The Feast Of Christ The King" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "The Feast Of Christ The King" (656 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Awka Cathedral Celebrates Christ The King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The Feast Of Christ The King" by Ajibo111(m): 8:03am On Nov 22, 2015

T his Sunday in the Catholic calendar is the Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ the King, the last Sunday of the Church year. (Next Sunday will be the First Sunday of Advent and the first day of the Church’s calendar). It is implicit in the feasts of Epiphany, of Easter, of Ascension. T he feast of Christ the King is celebrated in the Roman Catholic church in honour of Jesus Christ as lord over all creation. This feast of was created by Pope Pius XI in 1925. This is a medieval feast which uses the metaphor of “King”, a powerful one in those days, to describe the role of Jesus. The Kingdom of God is the central teaching of Jesus throughout the Gospels. The word kingdom appears more than any other word throughout the four Gospels. Jesus begins His public ministry by preaching the kingdom. "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel (Mark 1:14).

CC......LALASTICLALA,ISHILOVE

Re: "The Feast Of Christ The King" by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Christ my king

(1) (Reply)

I Woke Up Today, Wish I Had A Like Minded Gentle Man To Call Mine. / Biblical King's Seal Discovered (photo) / Adeboye, TB Joshua Predict New Sexual Disease, Food Shortage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.