Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo (969 Views)

Computer Gurus Help Me Resolve Issue With My Laptop / Nairaland Computer Gurus Please Help Me / Computer Repair Gurus Help Me!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Kinkale(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
Pls i need this help urgently, a friend gave me his laptop to install an antivirus for him. After installing it, d computer scanned to an extent and stopped, it siezed and everything we did didnt work so i shut it down from the power button. Since then it doesnt booth completely and ends in the spinning and windows sign.

Its a windows 8 system, all i've tried didnt work even chkdsk from cmd didnt work. I've tried formatting it but it doesnt agree to even run windows 7 setup. All the solutions i've seen on the internet didnt work and am having a feeling the hard disk might be bad.

Pls i need this help urgently, thanks
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Donald3d(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2015
Kinkale:
Pls i need this help urgently, a friend gave me his laptop to install an antivirus for him. After installing it, d computer scanned to an extent and stopped, it siezed and everything we did didnt work so i shut it down from the power button. Since then it doesnt booth completely and ends in the spinning and windows sign.

Its a windows 8 system, all i've tried didnt work even chkdsk from cmd didnt work. I've tried formatting it but it doesnt agree to even run windows 7 setup. All the solutions i've seen on the internet didnt work and am having a feeling the hard disk might be bad.

Pls i need this help urgently, thanks
i am trying to put my finger around it,but it should boot from the disc,except the cdrom is bad,try to boot from a usb flash that contains the OS setup.
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by KINGSNEEZE(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
If the system have a backup u can run the backup. But if it doesn't have backup then u go ahead and format it, trying using Windows. Operating system it will save u lots of stress....but am believing u have tried to boot from the last known configuration, this term is Microsoft language that tells the computer dump d new software and make everything appear d way it was...it will take u back to the way it was before u install the anti virus.just restart d computer using d power button as it is coming press and hold. F8 the scroll down to d option u want which is the last known configuration. This might help
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Kinkale(m): 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
Donald3d:
i am trying to put my finger around it,but it should boot from the disc,except the cdrom is bad,try to boot from a usb flash that contains the OS setup.

it boots from the cd but still nothing works.. I can't even format it.. I swear i don't understand it
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Kinkale(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
KINGSNEEZE:
If the system have a backup u can run the backup. But if it doesn't have backup then u go ahead and format it, trying using Windows. Operating system it will save u lots of stress....but am believing u have tried to boot from the last known configuration, this term is Microsoft language that tells the computer dump d new software and make everything appear d way it was...it will take u back to the way it was before u install the anti virus.just restart d computer using d power button as it is coming press and hold. F8 the scroll down to d option u want which is the last known configuration. This might help

i can't enter safe mood with f8 as its disabled in windows8.. I can't enter last known configuration or even format the system.. When i tried formatting it, it would just stop at starting setup.. Pls this is really urgent i'll appreciate ur input sir
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Awoofawo(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
If you have any linux distro like ubuntu, install it and wipe out windows. You can then re-install windows. Have used that trick before to fit a windows 7 lappy that refuse to boot proper. It may work for you, but you try it at your own risk.......... cool
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Kinkale(m): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2015
Awoofawo:
If you have any linux distro like ubuntu, install it and wipe out windows. You can then re-install windows. Have used that trick before to fit a windows 7 lappy that refuse to boot proper. It may work for you, but you try it at your own risk.......... cool

abeg sir how do i get this ubuntu stuff.. Ion mind wiping the windows out..
Re: Abeg Nairaland Computer Gurus Help Me Ooo by Awoofawo(m): 12:41am On Aug 26, 2015
Kinkale:

abeg sir how do i get this ubuntu stuff.. Ion mind wiping the windows out..
search online for the download link and match iso to lappy type i.e x86 or x64 both are about 1gigabit or so. just type ubuntu into any search engine.....
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Check If Your Email Has Been Compromised. / I Need Correct Download Link For Skype (i'm Unable To Sign In) / Vacancies For Web Developers - Php, Mysql, Js, Jquery, Ajax, Json, Redis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.