Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS (13731 Views)

Bomb Scare At Diamond Bank In Jos As Bomb Is Suspected To Be In Car Parked / Breaking News: Body Suspected To Be Suicide Dr Allwell Orji Recovered (Pics) / 10 Suspected Robbers Killed In Lagos In 12 Days - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
[b]25-year-old Ghanaian graduate Nazir Nortei Alema is feared to have joined the terrorist group Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), according to the Daily Guide.

Nazir, a graduate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) with a degree in Geography and Rural Development, is feared to be one of 10 suspected Muslim youths from Ghana who have joined the terrorist group.

According to family sources, on August 2nd, soon after completing the mandatory National Service in Ghana, which he undertook at the Ghana Statistical Service, Mr. Alema sent a WhatsApp message to his family to the effect that he was traveling to another part of Ghana on a job-related assignment.

Nazir’s father Kabiru Alema said he later sent him another message to negate the earlier one.

“He said that he had lied to us when he said he was on his way to Prestea and Takoradi but that the truth is that he was on his way to join ISIS,” he said.

Excerpts from Nazir’s WhatsApp message read as follows: “Pray for me, for I will never forget you in my prayer and it’s my hope and prayer that we meet again if not in this world then in Jannah (paradise). I love you all. May Allah grant us understanding and guide us all to the straight path. Asalaamu alaikum.”

“I told you a lie to please my Allah. The deception was to go do some research work in far away Prestea while the main idea was to move far away from you all to the Islamic State (IS). I know it might sound kind of crazy for you but your son really had to take this bold step to get out of the corrupt system of Ghana which has democracy first on its list.”

The family says it is convinced that Nazir has joined the ranks of ISIS because “a couple of his friends have also gone missing. We went to their individual houses and discovered that there is no information about their whereabouts.”

Mr. Alema mentioned the name of another KNUST graduate, a certain Abubakar Mohammed aka Brother, as an example of the friends suspected to have taken off with him.

Mr. Alema said, “The youth who have fallen prey to the ISIS craze belong to the same whatsapp group on which they share extreme ideas about Islam.”

The “Sadaqa Train,” which is the name of the whatsapp group, has been deactivated after the father of one of the members questioned to the administrator about their motives.

Mr. Alema also added that some disturbing videos have been spotted on his son’s laptop, a clear indicator that Nazir has been sufficiently brainwashed online.

He also disclosed that a certain Badharn, a Guinean who attended the University of Ghana and joined ISIS five months ago, is responsible for the recruitment of these young Ghanaian Muslims.

Concerns have been expressed in several quarters about a covert drive to recruit vulnerable Muslim youth for the terrorist organization.[/b]

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/25/ghanaian-graduate-among-10-suspected-have-joined-isis

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
ISIS now recruiting university/collegd graduates hereby helping the tragic unemployment state of the nation.
just send your CV to terroristrecruitment@ISISjobs.com

dem just dey enlarge their coast anyhow, having ambassadors from many countries...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by experimentist: 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
ah, charlie too don join movement..

14 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Nairadean(m): 4:25am On Aug 26, 2015
That's serious
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by ignis: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
Fresh Graduate joining ISIS?
Should we call this Graduate Trainee or what?

If nothing is done to unemployment in Africa, ISIS will soon become the highest employer of graduates.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by DICKtator: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
Hey Chale!!

Wetin carry your charcoal arzze to ISIS?

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by ajoskele(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
If this will "free" Africans from the firm grip of the West, so be it!!

For those of you ready to press "Quote" and join in the "Mention", I salute you. Continue calling on Seun to ban me.
Nairalanders can be too serious!!
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by danielblessing(m): 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
this is bad. I wonder why a religious person would take pleasure in killing another human being.
The truth is people are supporting armed miscreants like boko h n insisted alike.
Mtchew!
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by adonbilivit: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2015
hmmm. nawa o

Bleep ladyF, its ADONBILIVIT again grin angry cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 7:26am On Aug 26, 2015
Ghana must go grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Yinkahlite(m): 7:26am On Aug 26, 2015
hhmmmm
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by SeverusSnape(m): 7:26am On Aug 26, 2015
Peaceful religion. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Dygeasy(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by clefstone(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2015
My opinion: Every Muslim is a potential recruit of ISIS, even the ones that r going to quote me.

9 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by damosky12(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2015
The statement that can change the world..
Sobs

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

9 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Blakjewelry(m): 7:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Saw it channel news last night, and I was like what the heck
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by lordtech(m): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by maxiuc(m): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2015
Brain washed gays
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by kennyman2000(m): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Pavore9: 7:28am On Aug 26, 2015
How can one be brainwashed to that extent! angry
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by vicola0281: 7:29am On Aug 26, 2015
haaa. afta dem go say na only Nigerians like terrorism... mayb d boi wan go do him masters wit ISIS.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by nerfetiti: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Ghanaians being doing evil things since the 40's......

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by peddyholly: 7:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2015
Islamabad charlie
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by NaLaugh: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2015
nerfetiti:
Ghanaians being doing evil things since the 40's......

Relax.

No need to start another pointless Naija vs. Ghana bickering.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by passionate88: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2015
All must b Muslims. ... mumu people.

“I told you a lie to please my Allah."

Just imagine. ... taqiyya
lies are acceptable in islam

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by chichriso: 7:32am On Aug 26, 2015
good move for him

Any way, let talk something important here

DO YOU WANT TRAFFIC TO YOUR BLOG? CLICK MY SIGNATURES TO ADD YOUR BLOG LINK
Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Ybnm4life(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2015
See recruitment everywhere, just hope we won't get to hear "Nairalanders joins ISIS" grin
And they call this religion of peace They should tell it to the birds.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Graduate Among 10 Suspected To Have Joined ISIS by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 26, 2015
Why do some people believed when they kill they will be rewarded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Virginia Tech Rampage / 6 Children Rescued From Human Trafficker In Ogun / Fake EFCC Official Nabbed In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.