Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs (15885 Views)

‘Gunmen’ Invade Adoke’s Brother’s House, Force Caretaker To Dig Ground For Money / Abba Moro Heads To Kuje Prisons / How Adoke Misled GEJ Into Withdrawing Assent To Amended Constitution– Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by xnowball1984(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2015
Everyone of you are same..
godson36:
ABUJA—Indications emerged last night that the immediate past Interior Minister, Mr. Abba Moro, tried but failed to hijack the rescheduled recruitment of 1,600 Nigerians into the Nigerian Immigration Service.

Investigations by Vanguard indicate that Moro, whose ministry supervised Immigrations, Prisons and Civil Defence, had objected to the conduct of the recruitment into NIS by the Presidential Committee raised by former President, Goodluck Jonathan.

Vanguardinvestigation further revealed that Moro tried in vain to stop the presidential committee from recruiting the new hands by raising some legal issues to justify his position, but was overruled by the then Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Mohammed Adoke.

Moro’s attempt to take charge of the new recruitment exercise followed the death of no fewer than 15 NIS job applicants and the loss of at least N1 billion by those who had to part with N1,000 each as a condition for taking part in the controversial and tragic process.

Documents obtained byVanguardin Abuja yesterday, indicated that the former minister, in a memo dated February 17, and addressed to the Attorney-General of the Federation, objected to allowing the presidential committee to handle the recruitment in conjunction with the Immigrations and Prisons Services Board, IPSB, saying it could be illegal.

The memo, with reference No. MI/HMO/S.373/11/25, signed by Moro and addressed to the HAFG, the former minister claimed that neither the presidential committee nor the IPSB had the expressed power to venture into the recruitment of staff for the NIS.

Findings byVanguardshow that the NIS Controller-General, Mr. David Paradang, who was desirous of getting more fresh hands into the service, fell a victim of the recruitment exercise by making the board to ratify the appointment of the 1,600 staff, following the clearance given by the Attorney-General that the exercise was in order.

Paradang had requested that a total of 4,556 officers and men should be recruited to shore up the NIS operations, but the former Minister of Finance and the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, overruled him, saying that there was no money to support that large number.

Rather than get the 4,556 staff at once, the minister directed that the number should be spread over three years.

The NIS boss was suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari last week over the controversial exercise and is yet to be recalled.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-adoke-stopped-abba-moro-from-hijacking-1600-nis-jobs/
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by NoRetreat(m): 7:23am On Aug 26, 2015
With this revelation Paradang is an Hero. He sacrificed his job for the young Nigerians. He should be commended and not condemned if not for him 1500 youths would have still been at home fighting for FTC on Nairaland.
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by jamb20s: 7:24am On Aug 26, 2015
[img]http://exc.10khits.com/surf?id=125046&token=2551fa95f0e59617812fff67927af4fa[/img]

Download any youtube videos directly to your android phone , download videocrat at www.videocrat.com
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by OAMMB(f): 7:29am On Aug 26, 2015
This Abba Moro guy....i hope he gets his fair share in the coming probe

1 Like

Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by Orikinla(m): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2015
[size=18pt]Abba Moro should be arraigned for the untimely deaths of innocent applicants who lost their precious lives during the NIS recruitment exercise last year.
Please, President Muhammadu Buhari must not let this man escape justice.[/size]
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by jabojafa(m): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2015
godson36:
"Oba Moro",, WHAT? So this man have not be sentence to LIFE IMPRISONMENT yet? Oh my God....

Well, Oba Moro, your days are number... Even if you are not sentence to death or Life Imprisonment, am sure that those that Loose their Lives during your fraudulent recruitment will not let you have Peace of Mind..

When the time for you to go to your last home (Kirirkiri Maximum Prison) comes, then a fool called Fayose will tell us that Buhari is witch hunting.....

I want EFCC to start probing of Fayose.... I think all nairalanders can remember the #400million saga between Fayose and Obasanjo led administration....

Fayose collected a poultry contract from Obasanjo then and Fayose lied to Obasanjo that he has finished the Contract.. By the time that Obasanjo came to Inspect the Poultry, the Fowl in the poultry is not more than 100fowls....

That was the main reason why Obasanjo hate Fayose till today......

EFCC, if you truly want to work, then Fayose must be PROBE....

Wailers, it's all over to you
i am nt in support of embezzlement of any form but it is a case of ''theif theifing theif''. Obj hs cases to answer in term of corruption
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by jabojafa(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2015
LordMecuzy:
My 1k
u follow dash dem theives 1k?
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by jabojafa(m): 8:28am On Aug 26, 2015
peter4d2:
These are d lapses sEen during Gejs tenure he shuld have just sacked this guy 4 public interest n display his authority wit due process though,like d same thing he did wit Sanusi b4 his tenure expired.
serioucsly GEJ rili messed up in handling dt issue. He shld hv sacked d guy and charge him to court. Mayb he benefitted frm d spoils of d job scam dt waz why he remained silent.
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by ernecy(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2015
godson36:
"
I want EFCC to start probing of Fayose.... I think all nairalanders can remember the #400million saga between Fayose and Obasanjo led administration....

Fayose collected a poultry contract from Obasanjo then and Fayose lied to Obasanjo that he has finished the Contract.. By the time that Obasanjo came to Inspect the Poultry, the Fowl in the poultry is not more than 100fowls....

like seriously cheesy grin wetin concern EFCC with this kind case, na personal issue btw Fayose and OBJ
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by jabojafa(m): 8:32am On Aug 26, 2015
moshmod101:
No money to employ 4556... but there is billions of dollars to embezzle... okonja ironla and her co PDP goons should be stoned to death!!!
dont mind dem joor no moni to employ grads but d annual enmonulment of a senator/rep member is moree dan enuf to pay more dan 50 graduates
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by tonero230(m): 9:01am On Aug 26, 2015
eleko1:
Thieves undecided No money to pay but they have money wey una looted/for election propaganda sad.No Wonder,we have a battalion of jobless youth,thanks to Mama Okonjo Wahala,Diezani,Jona. Some Mumu dey tell Us Jona isn't aware of dis/dat.

Yet konji iwela told us that gej administration recruited millions of people yearly but do not have money to pay for just 4500 people.Where did she get the money to pay for that millions she recruited yearly?These people integrity have been compromised?

1 Like

Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by eleko1: 9:04am On Aug 26, 2015
sad embarassed I tire ooo.Nah to steal dey sabi.
tonero230:

Yet konji iwela told us that gej administration recruited millions of people yearly but do not have money to pay for just 4500 people.Where did she get the money to pay for that millions she recruited yearly?These people integrity have been compromised?
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2015
godson36:
"Oba Moro",, WHAT? So this man have not be sentence to LIFE IMPRISONMENT yet? Oh my God....

Well, Oba Moro, your days are number... Even if you are not sentence to death or Life Imprisonment, am sure that those that Loose their Lives during your fraudulent recruitment will not let you have Peace of Mind..

When the time for you to go to your last home (Kirirkiri Maximum Prison) comes, then a fool called Fayose will tell us that Buhari is witch hunting.....

Wailers, it's all over to you
Stop typing rubbish. Obj was in the know of every fayose did concerning that poultry. He did everything with approval from obj. it was when obj was looking for scape goat to justify his attack on Atiku that he seek out fayose. the reason fayose went on live TV to call obj names for betrayal.
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by Onlymewakacum(m): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2015
dipopooo:
Space booked

Notin reasonable to comment

Daft fellow!
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by 4reala(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2015
Is Aba Moro still roaming d street freely?
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by tmeg: 10:01am On Aug 26, 2015
My problem is that EFCC self is corrupt
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by Roseey0(f): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2015
Whateva Abba Morro has being using is very potent.
His being using it on everyone, even on PMB.
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by mechanics(m): 11:32am On Aug 26, 2015
Dats gud 4 him, of recent, he came along with d gov of plateau state to plead on his behave, i doubt if Buhari wil listen to him, wen he was there, he thinks he's a god nt knowing dat one day, he wil leave dat place.
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by dasrackhor(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2015
Obrigardo:
How many times are we going to read expose like this and nothing will be done to the evil man?
Isnt it high time we start dealing with these goons and lock them up in prison no matter how rich they are? is he God? Please President Buhari my Guy, do the needful and execute some of these evil men so wailing wailers will get sense.

But Still wailers will wail and SeverusSnape will still be silly nonetheless.
Jobless Lady F, Introvert and other teens will still remain jobless jostling for front page when their age mates are already making money building business and starting families.
my man u said ΐτ̅ all..wailing wailers over to u..I no wan mention name oooo cos d dude has done ΐτ̅ already..
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by peter4d2(m): 11:39am On Aug 26, 2015
jabojafa:
serioucsly GEJ rili messed up in handling dt issue. He shld hv sacked d guy and charge him to court. Mayb he benefitted frm d spoils of d job scam dt waz why he remained silent.

Maybe jess maybe cos we culd only trust people but not d devil in his hrt.
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by testional(m): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2015
This is one of the saga that truncated Jona 2nd bid, an administration that bath and swimming in corruption, One of my church choir that lost her life in the useless recruitment! RIP lucy
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by dipopooo(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
Onlymewakacum:

Daft fellow!

your father
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by zubby29(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
d day i heard d NIS boss has bin suspended because of d botched exercise lst yr i tnked God will now hv a responsible leader,moro needs to b dragged in as well.i cant blv dat man is walking d face of dis earth a free man.he mst pay for d lives of dos lost nd money refunded to all dat applied
Re: How Adoke Stopped Abba Moro From Hijacking 1,600 NIS Jobs by bezimo(m): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
hassan85:
very funny. Even after the scam that led to people's death Gej only ended up creating committee headed by the same ABBA MORO. no punishments..... never again shall all this be over looked

God bless the new Nigeria

Jonathan was a weak leader and indecisive. How can you imagine that useless Moro was not sacked.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arinzechukwu Awogu Flays Obi Over Utterances Against Ndigbo / Geoffrey Onyeama Presents Letters Of Credence (Photos) To Ambassadors / It’s Now Buhari’s Turn To Support Tinubu For 2023, Say Ondo Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.