Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum (18627 Views)

Result Saga:uniabuja Political Science Students Threaten School Management / Result Saga: Uniabuja Political Science Students Threaten School Management / Protests: As GMB Sacks Noun VC In Error And Appoint 4 Out Of 12 Vc's from Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Sojebrand(m): 10:15am On Aug 26, 2015
silvermania:
Dat one na glorified secondary school jor . it SILVERMANIA again
just read weytin u write e make sense for your eye, if u no no weytin u won write because say u won comment for front page abeg just do d needfull lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Richie0974: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2015
steve308:
obviously u never went to school for you to have asked this stupid question

Do you know what a Open University is??
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Rick9(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2015
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2015
Sojebrand:
just read weytin u write e make sense for your eye, if u no no weytin u won write because say u won comment for front page abeg just do d needfull lipsrsealed
that doesn't change the fact. Am not pained
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by stranded(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2015
I am seriously thinking of the need for a Students Union in an Open University, where almost all the students study from their homes, and are too busy for Unionism. The writer, who claims to be the President of the Congress of NOUN students may be aiming for something else, or he is not fully engaged in something that will, in the first place, warrant his studying in an Open University.
Although I do not subscribe to any policy that will be anti students, I think Student Unionism may be a distraction to the many NOUN Students that are majorly engaged in regular work.
I think there are online platforms where students can air their views, or respectfully talk to relevant school authorities, through the media.
Let peace reign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2015
With student unionism comes student unrest. With student unrest comes severe delay in the duration of a program meant for 4 years to 6 years. Students should be careful of what they wish for. I did not encounter all these problems at NOUN.

3 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2015
Richie0974:

Do you know what a Open University is??
Open University means University that all the doors, gates and Windows are open examples of students who graduated from upon University Obasanjo, iniedo, Rita etc while closed University are University that closes their doors, Windows and gates even after passing your jamb and entrance exams the doors, gates are still closed eg NDA LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY
UNIBEN
EBUS
FUTO etc
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Richie0974:
Open University... . What do they need a Student Union for??
..- wonder ooo. Maybe they want to end up like LASU and co. - open today, close tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Ybnm4life(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2015
Hmmm Congress President What do we call that one Shey dat one nah police union ni?
Most universities union are cult platformn they should face their book and building of their C.G.P.A instead of looking for what will not be...
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2015
silvermania:
...it is an accredited university respected world wide.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 26, 2015
silvermania:

A callous statement, thoughtlessly diminishing the fruit of someones labor, all in a bid to gain attention....shameful.

8 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 26, 2015
[quote me
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by samguru(m): 10:42am On Aug 26, 2015
Mr. SUG President, why will you and your cohorts shut down an institution that has already bedevilled with myriad of challenges out of which unionism is the most trivial.

we have had cases of students missing scripts,written exams but no result,outrageous school fees and many more.

In my opinion, This is uncalled for and we student of this school should not in anyway associate or support this man in this empty struggle,besides in NOUN we students don't know one another, even on examinations days you find it difficult to see/relate with your course mates.

Therefore, if your struggle is redirected to engage the management of the institution on operational efficiency,reduction in schools,justification for every kobo paid, fairness to student in marking/grading,deepening student/facilitator relationship,upgrading of study centres to reflect academic ambience and lot more.

I understand student union will put the management of the institutions on their toes to address the mentioned problems, but in NOUN's case if you call congress,you will hardly assemble 50 students and this will not gravitate the desired attention.

to this end, unionism is not necessary in this kind of environment, rather lets ignite e-protest ( on social media platforms like twitter,facebook,instagram etc) which I believe will be more effective and will even attract attentions from international organisations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 26, 2015
AncientJerk:

A callous statement, thoughtlessly diminishing the fruit of someones labor, all in a bid to gain attention....shameful.
I was trying to reply u and I saw your monicker so I decided to just let you be
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2015
silvermania:
I was trying to reply u and I saw your monicker so I decided to just let you be

Wise decision there.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by nkemdi89(f): 11:05am On Aug 26, 2015
silvermania:
Jobless attention seeking creature, do you know the personalities in that school? Or you think its the type you are attending or attended that after four years you will be roaming the major cities like mad dog searching for job. Most of the people you see in that school are in gainful employment or businesses who have the zeal to acquire more knowlege. Youths like you don't make researches because you are among the Ediots who are less informed due to your intellectual laziness. Find out more about open university next time before you write.

6 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Kazrem(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2015
stranded:
I am seriously thinking of the need for a Students Union in an Open University, where almost all the students study from their homes, and are too busy for Unionism. The writer, who claims to be the President of the Congress of NOUN students may be aiming for something else, or he is not fully engaged in something that will, in the first place, warrant his studying in an Open University.
Although I do not subscribe to any policy that will be anti students, I think Student Unionism may be a distraction to the many NOUN Students that are majorly engaged in regular work.
I think there are online platforms where students can air their views, or respectfully talk to relevant school authorities, through the media.
Let peace reign.
GOD WILL BLESS YOU FOR THIS

I wonder who sent him message.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Kazrem(m): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2015
samguru:

Mr. SUG President, why will you and your cohorts shut down an institution that has already bedevilled with myriad of challenges out of which unionism is the most trivial.

we have had cases of students missing scripts,written exams but no result,outrageous school fees and many more.

In my opinion, This is uncalled for and we student of this school should not in anyway associate or support this man in this empty struggle,besides in NOUN we students don't know one another, even on examinations days you find it difficult to see/relate with your course mates.

Therefore, if your struggle is redirected to engage the management of the institution on operational efficiency,reduction in schools,justification for every kobo paid, fairness to student in marking/grading,deepening student/facilitator relationship,upgrading of study centres to reflect academic ambience and lot more.

I understand student union will put the management of the institutions on their toes to address the mentioned problems, but in NOUN's case if you call congress,you will hardly assemble 50 students and this will not gravitate the desired attention.

to this end, unionism is not necessary in this kind of environment, rather lets ignite e-protest ( on social media platforms like twitter,facebook,instagram etc) which I believe will be more effective and will even attract attentions from international organisations.

You are blessed with this .

1 Like

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Holak: 11:12am On Aug 26, 2015
teejaykkr:
Nigeria in first 100days of Buhari administration.

Good news about Buhari is now coming from NTA network

Reduction of politicians faces from news line all we see now are technocrats.

Stoppage of war drum from Niger delta war lords.

No more dangerous statements coming from our politicians.

Nigerians now look at Boko Haram as bunch of misled Nigerians who are now getting their ass kicked.

Refineries are now working.

Fuel importers are now begging,

Electricity is now at an average of 12 to 15hrs a day.

Ogoni is getting cleanup,

Policing is no longer for only the rich but the poor

Check points have now varnished.

Corrupt government officials are now retiring themselves.

While others are returning their loots voluntarily.

IGR is increasing and external reserve is also rising dramatically,

Now properties in Abuja are cheaper than in many other states.

Government and all agencies are now having a single account TSA.

Our greedy banks are no longer collecting dollars deposits.

Appointment is now based on merit.

Nigerian politicians show less interest to be appointed as ministers.

For over a month there was no statement coming from the first lady and the wife of the president is traveling on commercial flights.

All this is done without a minister, is all done by one man, one mind, one soul without the interference of others.

What will happen to Nigeria after ministers are appointed?

What a change!

What a great leader!!

Sai Baba.

While haters keep hating.

I wonder who is writing this. While it is in a wrong section and not relevant to the topic of discussion, the contents are too ridiculous to have come from any serious individual.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2015
nkemdi89:

Jobless attention seeking creature, do you know the personalities in that school? Or you think its the type you are attending or attended that after four years you will be roaming the major cities like mad dog searching for job. Most of the people you see in that school are in gainful employment or businesses who have the zeal to acquire more knowlege. Youths like you don't make researches because you are among the Ediots who are less informed due to your intellectual laziness. Find out more about open university next time before you write.
thanks for the insults, God bless you, is that all you have to say? Am talented after school i can never roam around looking for a job rather you will be one of my fans, so it not ideal exchanging words with my elder brother and will soon be fan, Drops mic
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Kazrem(m): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2015
Anyone who knows senior Razaq Hamzat and his cohorts should please tell him that we really and honestly appreciate their relentless effort in ensuring NOUN is a recognized school locally but we do not need all this. We have more pressing challenges in NOUN than this union/Congress of a thing. I believe they have good motive towards this and it is because of that, that they should channel their effort towards other pressing needs. There are various ways (e-platform etc) of engaging the management other than union or whatever. Let's collectively explore these channels. We are too busy to be gathering somewhere for election, protest, and all that that come with unionism.

1 Like

Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Omotayor123(f): 11:47am On Aug 26, 2015
samguru:

You speak wisdom!
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Obiwannn: 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
teejaykkr:
Nigeria in first 100days of Buhari administration.

Good news about Buhari is now coming from NTA network

Reduction of politicians faces from news line all we see now are technocrats.

Stoppage of war drum from Niger delta war lords.

No more dangerous statements coming from our politicians.

Nigerians now look at Boko Haram as bunch of misled Nigerians who are now getting their ass kicked.

Refineries are now working.

Fuel importers are now begging,

Electricity is now at an average of 12 to 15hrs a day.

Ogoni is getting cleanup,

Policing is no longer for only the rich but the poor

Check points have now varnished.

Corrupt government officials are now retiring themselves.

While others are returning their loots voluntarily.

IGR is increasing and external reserve is also rising dramatically,

Now properties in Abuja are cheaper than in many other states.

Government and all agencies are now having a single account TSA.

Our greedy banks are no longer collecting dollars deposits.

Appointment is now based on merit.

Nigerian politicians show less interest to be appointed as ministers.

For over a month there was no statement coming from the first lady and the wife of the president is traveling on commercial flights.

All this is done without a minister, is all done by one man, one mind, one soul without the interference of others.

What will happen to Nigeria after ministers are appointed?

What a change!

What a great leader!!

Sai Baba.

While haters keep hating.
DUDE?

WTF are you smoking?
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by nuelzy: 1:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
samguru:

I dunno hw to thank u....d yeye president should be expelled...what is he president of sef,?....e no see nysc issue take tackle d man....i mean noun is a baby to most of dis conventional uni....yet she is doing wonders.....of all issues na student union be im problem....idiot!!
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by nkemdi89(f): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
silvermania:
thanks for the insults, God bless you, is that all you have to say? Am talented after school i can never roam around looking for a job rather you will be one of my fans, so it not ideal exchanging words with my elder brother and will soon be fan, Drops mic
Oh pele o undergrad don't worry when you will leave the four wall of university the reality of life will hit you like tsunami, its easier said when you are not yet there.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by sholatem(f): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
If this union wants to stand,they should @ least start their battle with government 1st,if they have approved most of their courses for years now with jamb regularisation and yet to be enlisted for NYSC,then I guess that's what they should be fi8ing for,not human right to have a student Union.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
nkemdi89:

Oh pele o undergrad don't worry when you will leave the four wall of university the reality of life will hit you like tsunami, its easier said when you are not yet there.
anty what now , i said am not in school to do a white colar job it just for knowledge i have my own plans and it working out, is dx how u wish ur younger ones?
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
nkemdi89:

pls I dont wanna talk about dz again, tnx
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
RitzyPrince:
my greatest fear is not making heaven

Who ask you? undecided
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
sholatem:
If this union wants to stand,they should @ least start their battle with government 1st,if they have approved most of their courses for years now with jamb regularisation and yet to be enlisted for NYSC,then I guess that's what they should be fi8ing for,not human right to have a student Union.

How do they start their battle with the government when they don't have a student union yet?
Can't you see that the reason they want to establish the union is to tackle the issues the students face in and after graduating from the school. I.e NYSC, course accreditation etc.

Don't put the cart before the horse.
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
stranded:

Bros, you are contradicting yourself.

A union will not result in any form of distraction. Its only sensible that the EXCO's will be elected after they have volunteered.
Ordinary members don't have much work to do in the union.

Let peace reign.

Do you know what a pressure group or a union means?
Have you ever thought why pressure groups and unions are formed when everyone can speak for himself?

Basically, for them to 'air their views' or 'respectfully talk to relevant school authorities' and be heard, whether through media or post office, they need to form a union.

Oh for godsakes! Don't you guys think!!
Re: NOUN Students Threaten School VC In Face-off, Issue 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2015
samguru:

How do you ignite an e-protest if you don't not have some kind of association or union?

By the way, all the problems you mentioned is what the Union will be established to collectively tackle, and get results.

Why do you think the VC is afraid of granting them their wish?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Imsu ASUU Begins Strike Today / 13-year-old Adegboyega Emerges Cowbell Mathematics Champion / Ayoola Oluwakemi Is Best African Female Postgraduate Student In China (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.