Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,335 members, 7,839,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Camon C8 Indept Review: Is The 1GB Really Enough? Find Out In This Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Camon C8 Indept Review: Is The 1GB Really Enough? Find Out In This Review (1868 Views)

This Video Will Convince You that the 1GB Ram, itel A32F is Worth Trying Out / Airtel Has Discontinued The 1GB For N100 Weekend Data Plan / Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Camon C8 Indept Review: Is The 1GB Really Enough? Find Out In This Review by MissTechy(f): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2015
When I first met the Camon C8, the first thing I noticed was the size – exactly 5.5 inches big! Of course with something that big, you’d want to show it off by taking it out on a date and if things go well, start a relationship.

Today marks our 2 weeks anniversary and I can proudly say I’ve known enough about the C8 – what makes it tick, as well as what I like and hate about it.

Did I end up falling in love with the C8? Find out!

P.S: The phone is sold for N25,800

[center]THE TECNO CAMON C8 REVIEW

DESIGN AND BUILD QUALITY[/center]

If you enjoy a phone that feels solid when holding it, then you might just love the Tecno Camon C8, thanks to its leather grainy texture, you get this grippy feel when holding the

As said in the previous post, the Camon C8 doesn’t feel heavy at all. Also, instead of having a notification sensor at the top of the screen, the softkeys placed below the screen served that purpose, you could also adjust the settings (more on that later).

Another thing I loved about the design was the fact that the logo on the back cover wasn’t so obvious. Also, you should bear in mind that the Camon C8 comes with a Micro and Mini Sim. Lastly, We have the power button and the shutter button (To allow you quickly take those images) on the right side

[center]DISPLAY[/center]

Let me start by complimenting Tecno Mobile on making a smartphone display that is so on point! The Camon C8’s 720 x 1080p panel is very sharp and won’t leave anyone wanting for a lack of detail.

I think the display is enhanced by Miravision pre-installed in the C8. All in all, I can tell you that the display on the Camon C8 is crystal clear – all the colors come alive and not just in the night time.

[center]BATTERY LIFE[/center]

With a 3000mAh battery on the Camon C8, do you need to bother with a power bank? Maybe if you’re a terrible game addict. One word for the battery life on the Camon C8 – amazing!

Given my terrible relationship/bad habit with charging phones. (I hardly charge my devices till the last minute) the Tecno Camon C8 still got me covered. I remember waking up one morning to discover that I didn’t charge the C8 and I had 15% to get me through – the 15% got me 30 minutes grace with Wifi and brightness still active.

Also, there is a Battery saver mode and an ultra power saving mode – The battery saving mode reduces the device performance ( Might not be so effective if you need to save more battery)

While the Ultra power saving mode is very effective in saving battery, it creates a simple main screen that allows you use only essential applications.

[center]STORAGE[/center]

The Camon C8 comes with roughly 10GB of usable internal storage, but it’s also equipped with a microSD card slot to help quench your thirst for additional gee-bees.

[center]AUDIO AND SPEAKER[/center]

This might be disappointing to a few people – the Camon C8 has its speaker rooted at the back of the phone, so, for every time you need to play some good music you must always ensure you turn your phone to the back.

[center]CAMERA[/center]

Err, you all know that the major feature Tecno Mobile is selling with the Camon C8 is its camera. For those who don’t know the Camon C8 comes with a 13Mp with auto-focus and dual flash.

..and a 5MP front camera with flash.

It has 4 capture modes – the wave to capture, touch capture, voice capture, and delay capture, it also as a HDR, actual mode, PIP (picture in picture) mode and the slow mo mode.

I am sure you all are waiting to see pictures taken with the Camon C8, however, in order to really go extensive on the camera, a camera review would be made that would contain some comparisons with my Nx300, Infinix Hot 2, Galaxy S5 and S4 to see if the device is truly worth the hype.

[center]SOFTWARE[/center]

If you have been keeping up with the latest Tecno Mobile’s customized Android OS, you would have noticed that their user interface is so beautiful especially with the Boom J7. Well, the Camon C8 is no exception as the UI is even flatter than the previous UI thanks to the fact that it runs on a customized version of Android Lollipop 5.0 (64-bit).

Upon powering up the device after the regular set up, you would be required to do a firmware update to enhance machine stability and patch bugs. The update is 7.22MB in size. Do bear in mind that the update isn’t a software update and upon updating I didn’t really notice any changes

You should also see the Lollipop OS come into play especially when you need to stop apps. Unlike previous OS versions, the Lollipop OS allows you clear all apps at once instead of swiping them one after the other.

It also has some basic functions like tap to wake, quick start, music control, flip to mute and wave to answer.

In case you need to take a quick picture, there is a camera on the home slider where you can take pictures instantly, these pictures would appear on the timeline.

Lastly, as said earlier, your softkey is serving as your notification sensor. To adjust this, just go to display- Light and choose whatever tickles your fancy

PERFORMANCE: MULTITASKING

I am so sure most of you are wondering if the 1GB on the Tecno Camon C8 can handle heavy tasks. To put your minds at ease especially if you are a gamer and need to get the Camon C8, I have created a multitasking test video – In the video, I tried running different games like Monument valley, GTA, Hitman Sniper and other apps like camera, music, temple run, subway surfer all at the same time.

Do Watch the video and tell me what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CL_PbgWulM

BENCHMARKING

What is a review without a few Benchmarks, in order to see how the Camon C8 fared with other high-end devices, I used the Antutu Benchmark and Geek Bench 3. See the results:

Yes! the Tecno C8 got a total of 27,031 which is quite impressive for a phone in that price range.

For the GeekBench 3, the Camon C8 had 574 in the Single core comparison.

CONCLUSION

I have to admit that I like the Camon C8. However, will this like translate to love and possibly lead to a long-lasting relationship? Watch out for part 2.

I’d give my final say when I compare the Camon C8’s Camera with other devices and yes! a professional camera, if the Camon C8’s camera has what it takes to beat these guys .. we can talk about marriage!

Before you go, here are some few bugs/Just for laughs I discovered. (Note: This only happened once, you might not experience this on your device)

Any Chinese reader in the house?

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/neesdz.jpg[/IMG]

That is all I can take and as always I would love to read your comments. (DO CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR MY RATINGS)

1 Like

Re: Camon C8 Indept Review: Is The 1GB Really Enough? Find Out In This Review by Viktor1983(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
Nice Review.
I Think 1GB should be enough for someone like me
My only grudge against the camon is lack of 4G lte .
it wouldn't hurt if keep an MTN/Etisalat on sim one slot and fix a spectranet/Smile 4G sim on the other.

(1) (Reply)

Tecno W4 / Mokee Os Cm12.1 For Tecno Y6 / How To Transfer Whatsapp Messages To Galaxy S7/s6/iphone 7/6S?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.