Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) (1068 Views)

Top 7 Nostalgic Nigerian TV Commercials To Take You Down Memory Lane [video] / Channels TV Wins Best TV Station For The 10th Time, Nigerians React On Twitter / Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) by phummiesylvia: 6:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
Lol, I couldn’t help but laugh when i saw this picture.

For those who are referred to as ‘indomie’ generation (no pun intended), they might not remember this very old TV station, NTA 7.

Even though I was a child then, the memory still remains fresh on my mind. what strikes me the most is the opening sound that sends the kids running to the front of the television set to watch their favorite TV program.

How time flies that such station has to go underground, and most especially in Lagos, NTA station is of little relevance.

This TV station was among the existing stations in those days when Parle soda, Limca and Gold-spot were usually advertised in one sequence…

In addition, Erinkeke, a comedy series by popular Yoruba Comedian “Baba Suwe” that swept viewers off their feet was aired weekly. There was another exciting program “Tales by Moonlight” which always kept children close to the TV screen with eyes glued. It was a program that children always wanted to watch and would therefore finish up their house chores on time to avoid restriction from watching it by their parents.

I remember the” News Panorama” which is just the same as what we call the News Headline presently. “Hogbe” was News casted in Igbira language (Badagry) and we had to laugh and make fun of the Newscaster whenever the News was being read. “News-line” was another interesting program that was usually aired, it was all about events and happenings around Nigeria, more of a National documentary.

What a good nostalgia!

http://www.thefinix.com/2015/08/old-tv-station/

Re: Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) by dulux07(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Lol..wen did u get this.. vry old..lagos had NTA 7, NTA2 channel 5 n Nta 10.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) by peterovanski(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hahahaha
Re: Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) by hummerwise(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
dulux07:
Lol..wen did u get this.. vry old..lagos had NTA 7, NTA2 channel 5 n Nta 10.
this man don old grin
Re: Do You Still Remember This Nigerian TV Station? (picture) by nerodenero: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
In addition, Erinkeke, a comedy series by popular Yoruba Comedian “Baba Suwe” that swept viewers off their feet was aired weekly
This reminds me of Suwebatu and Opebe. Time truly flies grin grin.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Need Your Short Films, Movies, Tv/web Series / Who Remember This Popular Movie From Way Back. (picture Included) / Tstv Begins Distribution, Installation Of Decoders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.