Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! (1757 Views)

Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram / Did Bible Instruct Us To Judge Others? Yes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by LadyZika2(f): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2015
this question needs yous own opinion and bible backup,for me, Roman 16:6 makes me to understand that its God's instruction. it says, " Greet Mary who have work so hard for you" please help me by giving mr your own view.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by EgusiSoup: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
LadyZika2:
this question needs yous own opinion and bible backup,for me, Roman 16:6 makes me to understand that its God's instruction. it says, " Greet Mary who have work so hard for you" please help me by giving mr your own view.

Get ready for some bashing by idol worshipers cheesy
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Highcuerayte: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
LadyZika2:
Well Mr get it wrong.The Mary in question is not the mother of Jesus and if she were it holds no reason for honour for in many accounts Paul wrote greet the saints and nobody talk of honoring the saints which generally are the Christains.You don't wake up in the morning and say "Hall mummy" though your mum is a saint of God which Paul wrote the church should greet.

My dear Those who worship God will do so in Spirit and in Truth.This is my Teaching in all places.God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Jeromejnr(m): 11:17pm On Aug 26, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Well Mr get it wrong.The Mary in question is not the mother of Jesus and if she were it holds no reason for honour for in many accounts Paul wrote greet the saints and nobody talk of honoring the saints which generally are the Christains.You don't wake up in the morning and say "Hall mummy" though your mum is a saint of God which Paul wrote the church should greet.

My dear Those who worship God will do so in Spirit and in Truth.This is my Teaching in all places.God bless you.

Seconded.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by LadyZika2(f): 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
still confused, exodus 20:12 says honor your mother and your father ......my question now is, is she not also your mother?

1 Like

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by bossOD: 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
it is wrong to worship anything other than God, Catholicism was an idea that was brought in christendom by a king Called Constantin, and it is not biblical at all.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by An2elect2(f): 1:24am On Aug 27, 2015
LadyZika2:
still confused, exodus 20:12 says honor your mother and your father ......my question now is, is she not also your mother?

Oh dear. When the scripture says honour you mum and dad, it is simply saying obey them in the Lord, give them their due respect as stewards of God who have been placed over you.

It did not say revere them for only God deserves our worship, our awe, our veneration.

Mary was Jesus' earthly mother by God's grace and favour. She was just an earthly vessel, a handmaid, a servant of the Lord and was also a sinner like you and I.

She mothered Jesus and his siblings, and not any of us, and so we cant call her mother in a biological or even spiritual sense.

Remember, only God is Omnipresent. When we all pray, just like multitudes of people are doing now, only God can hear our prayers at once. Mary cannot, because she is not...omnipresent, She is not God.

When you pray to God through His Son, Jesus Christ, and God hears your prayer, then those pagan beads belong to the waste bin!

2 Likes

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by MizJanet(f): 2:30am On Aug 27, 2015
An2elect2:

[i]Oh dear. When the scripture says honour you mum and dad, it is simply saying obey them in the Lord, give them their due respect as stewards of God who have been placed over you.

It did not say revere them for only God deserves our worship, our awe, our veneration.

Mary was Jesus' earthly mother by God's grace and favour. She was just an earthly vessel, a handmaid, a servant of the Lord and was also a sinner like you and I.

She mothered Jesus
and his siblings, and not any of us, and so we cant call her mother in a biological or even spiritual sense.

@underlined , Mary mothered God , Ryt ?

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by ByfireByfire: 7:51am On Aug 27, 2015
LadyZika2:
Honor your father and mother doesn't mean you should idolize them or give them a god status or pray through them instead of through Christ.

It doesn't mean you should make a god out of them as Catholics do Mary. It doesn't mean you should reverence or glorify them with reverence and glory only meant for God as Catholics clearly do with Mary.

They clearly accord her reverence that God alone should have.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
LadyZika2:
let me expound the truth to you. I bear record that you have the zeal to love and serve the Lord with all your heart, mind and strength. I saw your personal text which indicates that youre the servant of the truth. Well i love your fervency and zeal in serving the Lord but youre in the WRONG RELIGION. you need the Lord Jesus Christ and His Works on the Cross to shine and comprehend the darkness of those your church doctrines that blinds many to hell. Christianity is being saved from sin through faith in Christ alone. Mary nor rosary nor pope nor dead saint has virtually nothing nor any share in your salvation with Jesus. You can ask me more questions and by the grace of the Holy Spirit He will answer and lead you to the truth. God bless you
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by LadyZika2(f): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
Catholics don't worship Mary but honor her as our mother, remember what jesus said in john 19:25-27. he said, ..... mother, here is your son, son here is your mother .....so we are Jesus brothers and sister. again Mary didn't bore another child before and after Jesus.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by LadyZika2(f): 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Udeme, if your are a real prophet as you claim, you don't need to be condemning others rather you pray for them. i am proud to be a catholic. remember, salvation is personal, i mean , am talking out of my spiritual experience not doctrine, Virgin Mary is my real mother.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2015
bossOD:
it is wrong to worship anything other than God, Catholicism was an idea that was brought in christendom by a king Called Constantin, and it is not biblical at all.
make research before you type nonesense.

1 Like

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by spencerwilliams(m): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2015
LadyZika2:
when the bible said "honour your fada and moda" and u are made to beleive the mother there is mary,who now becomes the father? is it Joseph? is your biological father? or any man that is a father?. The summary is that ALL catholics are idol worshipers and should repent.God bless u
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by italo: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2015
bossOD:

Yet St Ignatius said: "where Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church" around 110AD...more than 200 years after Constantine was born.

Catholicism existed from Pentecost in Jerusalem 33AD. There is an unbroken line of Popes front St. Peter to Pope Francis.

Arise from ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by italo: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2015
ByfireByfire:

Honor your father and mother doesn't mean you should idolize them or give them a god status or pray through them instead of through Christ.

It doesn't mean you should make a god out of them as Catholics do Mary. It doesn't mean you should reverence or glorify them with reverence and glory only meant for God as Catholics clearly do with Mary.

They clearly accord her reverence that God alone should have.

Catholics don't do these things.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by italo: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2015
spencerwilliams:
when the bible said "honour your fada and moda" and u are made to beleive the mother there is mary,who now becomes the father? is it Joseph? is your biological father? or any man that is a father?. The summary is that ALL catholics are idol worshipers and should repent.God bless u

So we are idol worshippers because we honour Mary who God honored abi?

1 Like

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Freksy(m): 10:29am On Aug 29, 2015
LadyZika2:

Do you honor your parents the same way you honor Mary? Besides, are you sure what you give to Mary is merely honor?

You quoted Exodus 20:12, I want to believe you also read it preceding verses (like 4 and 5).

1 Like

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Jeromejnr(m): 10:31am On Aug 29, 2015
Freksy:

Do you honor your parents the same way you honor Mary? Besides, are you sure what you give to Mary is merely honor?

You quoted Exodus 20:12, I want to believe you also read it preceding verses (like 4 and 5).

Good question.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by ByfireByfire: 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
italo:

Catholics don't do these things.

You are like a muslim that'll say Islam is peace while in real life you meet many muslims and see people that are ready to kill at a slight mistaken misuse of Mohammed's name.

You say Catholics don't do these things and as usual with Catholics you are ready to argue till eternity but in daylight practice you visit the average Catholic family or any Catholic church and see these happening in full glare.

I won't banter with you on this but let your conscience judge you as it will the muslims.
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by LadyZika2(f): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
i can't believe this, so you people think that we are worshiping our mother Mary?
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by veecovee: 7:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
LadyZika2:
chaplet, mary status, cross are all against God's commandments.

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. Exodus 20:4
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Anas09: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
I was actually waiting to see her quote from scriptures where the Bibke enjoins Catholics to chant the Rosary. I chanted that for yrs, then I read "The Great Controvacy" and The Universe in Conflict" from that point, I started reading my Bible. I started looking for these things to see where God commanded his followers to do these things. Wen I didn't find, I left the Catholic religion. If u r still there, know that u r not a christian, u r just a catholic.
Why does the Catholic Reverence Fatima, Mohammed's fovarite daughter? Idol worshippers like muslims.

1 Like

Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Unbias: 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
LadyZika2:
The answer is NO. There is nothing of such in the Bible. Jesus gave us prayer model in Mathew 6:9 and he never said a rosary would be needed for prayers. Let me ask you; can you not pray without a rosary? Did Jesus, Peter and other disciples use the rosary to pray and perform miracles?
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by Unbias: 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
LadyZika2:
i can't believe this, so you people think that we are worshiping our mother Mary?
Why do catholics (not all) knee, roll and cry in prayers before Mary's statue? Why do catholics see Mary as advocate-praying to Jesus through Mary?
Re: Does God Instruct Us To Be Praying Rosary? Am Confused, Help!! by 0micheal735: 1:02am On Aug 31, 2015
veecovee:
chaplet, mary status, cross are all against God's commandments.

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. Exodus 20:4

Broda pls make a very good research or rather ask questions from members of catholic church before concluding......mary status is just a direction that leads to her what matters most as a Christian is your believe..who do you believe and trust in. As catholic we Apostles Creed...which says; I believe in God, the father Almighty, d creator of heaven and earth. The honoring of mother mary is most common to the legion of mary group and the catholic church entirely. As the mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ its her duty to win Souls for God, and how can she perform this her duty to the world?? Its is only by bring her to the world. The legion of mary grp then takes it as there duty to bring mary to the world and win souls for our lord Jesus Christ that's. As the mother of God she deserves honor.
Luke 1v48 behold all ages shall call me blessed Since Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead, conquering death for us, there is no reason why we cannot ask those in heaven to pray for us just as we ask those still living on earth for their prayers. After all, in Christ all are alive. Therefore we ask the Ever-Virgin Nary to pray to her Son for us, just as we also ask the Saints...most of us even tells our pastors/priest
angels, the saints ,and all faithful believers here on earth to pray on our behalf, as Scripture Commands us to do: "yes we can ask St paul to pray for us the pope and the bishop also. For the Status of Jesus Christ it is just a direction and your believe as I said earlier on. Most of us go to crusade wid pictures of relative, fwends and does who need prayers like the fruit of the womb etc....have you ever ask your self the reasons why dey come with the person's pictures. The reason is that they believe its a direction that leads to the person right So we as a catholic we believe its a direction to God
Thankz for understand broda

(1) (Reply)

Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child / RCCG Sunday School Student Manual 20th January 2019 / What Would Have Happened To Adam If He Rejected Eve When She Disobeyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.