Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child (1763 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And Benny Hinn At Sea Of Galilee, Israel (Photos) / TB Joshua Arrives Israel. Deputy Major Of Jerusalem Said This About Him (pics) / Proof Of Evolution: The Imperfect Human Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2016
Christians do believe in the power of names and it dates back to the beginning. If you don't as a christian, you shouldn't be called christian in the first place because the name 'Christian' connotes a representation of christ. It is said that not all that glitters, is gold. I could say thesame for names, particular names from the bible. Using my name as a case study, the Name Israel is a name birthed by God himself when Jacob encountered him, He changed Jacob's name to Israel which in hebrew means "a prince with God or God's soldier or A victor". The name Israel alone is very attractive, beautiful and appealing to the senses but people seem not to bother themselves with the storylines. Christian parents just pick names from the bible as if it's Konga and give their children. I was lucky cos my late father being a pastor named me by divine utterance after God gave him a name when i was in the womb(or so i was told). Many of such wonderful names like samson, solomon, paul, lucifer, moses et al are given to children by their parents forgetting the history made around such names.
To my point, Israel as a people; being God's soldier fought a lot of battles of which it is to never end till the end of time. This i've noticed is spelt out in the life of so many Israels i have come across. I know because if i find out you're my namesake, we get acquainted asap.
Israel as a people were what we christians today term "rising nd falling believers". They're in christ(hot) today, tomorrow they're cold. It's like a struggle to live Holy. Many Israels today(my story before) struggle to remain holy atleast for a month; struggling with easily besetting sins of lust, pride, etc.
Israel as a people were gifted as i've seen many Israels today in that light talking about music, the word et al but they still struggle to make it. So it seems when a parent gives the name to his child, you have sealed his faith to be a soldier by force. I was happy at first when a woman called me and said she had name her new baby boy after me because she liked God's grace upon my life as i'm good in the word, music, drama and admin but i became sad after i thought about the name. If only she knew how i struggled... I wished the child well tho. In all, don't give your son this name if God did not ask you to.
P.s: the fewer we are the better sef. LOl
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 3:29pm On May 22, 2016
Israel5:
Christians do believe in the power of names and it dates back to the beginning. If you don't as a christian, you shouldn't be called christian in the first place because the name 'Christian' connotes a representation of christ. It is said that not all that glitters, is gold. I could say thesame for names, particular names from the bible. Using my name as a case study, the Name Israel is a name birthed by God himself when Jacob encountered him, He changed Jacob's name to Israel which in hebrew means "a prince with God or God's soldier or A victor". The name Israel alone is very attractive, beautiful and appealing to the senses but people seem not to bother themselves with the storylines. Christian parents just pick names from the bible as if it's Konga and give their children. I was lucky cos my late father being a pastor named me by divine utterance after God gave him a name when i was in the womb(or so i was told). Many of such wonderful names like samson, solomon, paul, lucifer, moses et al are given to children by their parents forgetting the history made around such names.
To my point, Israel as a people; being God's soldier fought a lot of battles of which it is to never end till the end of time. This i've noticed is spelt out in the life of so many Israels i have come across. I know because if i find out you're my namesake, we get acquainted asap.
Israel as a people were what we christians today term "rising nd falling believers". They're in christ(hot) today, tomorrow they're cold. It's like a struggle to live Holy. Many Israels today(my story before) struggle to remain holy atleast for a month; struggling with easily besetting sins of lust, pride, etc.
Israel as a people were gifted as i've seen many Israels today in that light talking about music, the word et al but they still struggle to make it. So it seems when a parent gives the name to his child, you have sealed his faith to be a soldier by force. I was happy at first when a woman called me and said she had name her new baby boy after me because she liked God's grace upon my life as i'm good in the word, music, drama and admin but i became sad after i thought about the name. If only she knew how i struggled... I wished the child well tho. In all, don't give your son this name if God did not ask you to.
P.s: the fewer we are the better sef. LOl

Do you know the meaning of the name Israel? It means Prince of God.

Until you know it's meaning, you're going to keep drowning yourself in beliefs that will only serve to make you gloomy. So if a man is named Kingsley (which probably has to do with something like: King-like) and the first man by that name was a pauper, does that mean he must live the life of those who bore his name in times past?

You really need to differentiate between the meaning of a name and the lives of people with the name.

Greatness is not by name but by grace.

3 Likes

Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Do you know the meaning of the name Israel? It means Prince of God.

Until you know it's meaning, you're going to keep drowning yourself in beliefs that will only serve to make you gloomy. So if a man is named Kingsley (which probably has to do with something like: King-like) and the first man by that name was a pauper, does that mean he must live the life of those who bore his name in times past?

You really need to differentiate between the meaning of a name and the lives of people with the name.

Greatness is not by name but by grace.
i'ld have suggestd you used a biblical name bt can you tell me the origin of kingsley? I bet not. I'm talkin about a name with an origin and a trend. Do you as a christian suggest you give your children any name you want. I agree, the meaning of a name makes for greatness but you should knw that no one was born great. There was always a story to tell. Call your son Jesus and watch him ascend to heaven na. God should give names is my point. To those the name is given, grace is given.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 3:48pm On May 22, 2016
Israel5:
i'ld have suggestd you used a biblical name bt can you tell me the origin of kingsley? I bet not. I'm talkin about a name with an origin and a trend. Do you as a christian suggest you give your children any name you want. I agree, the meaning of a name makes for greatness but you should knw that no one was born great. There was always a story to tell. Call your son Jesus and watch him ascend to heaven na. God should give names is my point. To those the name is given, grace is given.

The origin does not count, but the name does. Will people called patience begin to search for the origin of their names, or just simply accept the meaning of the name? You might call a child beauty when the origin of the name lay in somebody who ironically called their child that many years ago. Point is, it's the meaning and not the origin that counts.

Whether you like it or not, or think so or not, Israel is a perfect name, just like Michael. It has a good meaning.

How can God name every child? Even Adam was given the job to name every creature as he pleased, even his children. Man is meant to name things.

Greatness is not by name, but by grace.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 22, 2016
Am Israel can i get your contacts mine is 07038129989
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by cckris: 4:07pm On May 22, 2016
Israel is a prophetic name for truly converted sinners of the New Covenant: CHRISTIANS.

True Christians are automatically victorious warriors of righteousness in every generation.

But those that are taught to jump & pass trials & persecutions, as sweatless winners, know they're not Overcomers, Revelation chapters 2 & 3.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2016
Tellemall:

The origin does not count, but the name does. Will people called patience begin to search for the origin of their names, or just simply accept the meaning of the name? You might call a child beauty when the origin of the name lay in somebody who ironically called their child that many years ago. Point is, it's the meaning and not the origin that counts.

Whether you like it or not, or think so or not, Israel is a perfect name, just like Michael. It has a good meaning.

How can God name every child? Even Adam was given the job to name every creature as he pleased, even his children. Man is meant to name things.

yes the name matters. I'ld like you to use a name that has been given to someone in the bible so we'll have a clearer picture of things here. I'm not going to argue abt other names yet but mine and why God should name. Adam gave names after he saw the character of things evidently obvious to him not unborn. GOD who sees the end from the beginning being all-knowing is in the best position to name an unborn children or provide a platform for a name to be given. To whom He names, He gives grace...
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2016
cckris:
Israel is a prophetic name for truly converted sinners of the New Covenant: CHRISTIANS.

True Christians are automatically victorious warriors of righteousness in every generation.

But those that are taught to jump & pass trials & persecutions, as sweatless winners, know they're not Overcomers, Revelation chapters 2 & 3.
so your point exactly is...
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2016
Ferisidowu:
Am Israel can i get your contacts mine is 07038129989
thngs dnt work that way. we've literally not met. Israel, What's your opinion on the topic? How is ur life? Do u mind sharing?
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 4:59pm On May 22, 2016
Israel5:
yes the name matters. I'ld like you to use a name that has been given to someone in the bible so we'll have a clearer picture of things here. I'm not going to argue abt other names yet but mine and why God should name. Adam gave names after he saw the character of things evidently obvious to him not unborn. GOD who sees the end from the beginning being all-knowing is in the best position to name an unborn children or provide a platform for a name to be given. To whom He names, He gives grace...

Man was given the authority to name all creation, including their children. Why are you trying to saddle God with that again?

Prince of God is not a bad name. The origin doesn't matter.

Just like we don't know the origin of the name Jezebel, but it means "unmarried". But we all know Jezebel was married to Ahab.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 5:43pm On May 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Man was given the authority to name all creation, including their children. Why are you trying to saddle God with that again?

Prince of God is not a bad name. The origin doesn't matter.

Just like we don't know the origin of the name Jezebel, but it means "unmarried". But we all know Jezebel was married to Ahab.
fine! Go ahead or perhaps you've named all your chldrn already and you don't want a bitter pill but i must tell you that every christian parent(especially fathers like you) must seek God's face on every child conceived. If every parent seeked God's face on their children, things will be a lot easier. Our last born came as a surprise to my parents bt my father got a name(JOHN) nd a revelatn showing a map. On the day of naming, the officiating minister saw a map again. That was a revelation about the life of the baby to touch the world. How did the two Johns fair in the Bible? They were always on the move. I never said Israel is a bad name. It's not a perfect name for every or any child. Certain names are best given to help work the fulfilment of certain destinies. I've been told severally by God that i'll be great just as He told the Israel of old but greatness was to be fought for. Perhaps you feel a 'prince' is handed a silver spoon but in those days, a prince must fight and struggle like a soldier. It's nt like now.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 10:26pm On May 22, 2016
Israel5:
fine! Go ahead or perhaps you've named all your chldrn already and you don't want a bitter pill but i must tell you that every christian parent(especially fathers like you) must seek God's face on every child conceived. If every parent seeked God's face on their children, things will be a lot easier. Our last born came as a surprise to my parents bt my father got a name(JOHN) nd a revelatn showing a map. On the day of naming, the officiating minister saw a map again. That was a revelation about the life of the baby to touch the world. How did the two Johns fair in the Bible? They were always on the move. I never said Israel is a bad name. It's not a perfect name for every or any child. Certain names are best given to help work the fulfilment of certain destinies. I've been told severally by God that i'll be great just as He told the Israel of old but greatness was to be fought for. Perhaps you feel a 'prince' is handed a silver spoon but in those days, a prince must fight and struggle like a soldier. It's nt like now.

Perhaps that was a unique trend in your family, in which your father named you all based on revelation, but man was given the authority to speak and it will come to pass; choose a name for his offspring or whatever may be the case...

In those days a Prince was a man bathed in oils and drunk in the tents. Which princes in the Bible were known to be warriors?

There is the difference between an earthly Prince and The Prince of God. The Prince of God is favored at all times, flourishes at the river bank, is an overcomer and cannot struggle in life.

The most a parent cab do for a child is to pray for it and nurture it. Not all this nomenclature hassles. Any regular name you give your child is good enough.

Names cannot define a person.

Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 5:13am On May 23, 2016
Tellemall:

Perhaps that was a unique trend in your family, in which your father named you all based on revelation, but man was given the authority to speak and it will come to pass; choose a name for his offspring or whatever may be the case...

In those days a Prince was a man bathed in oils and drunk in the tents. Which princes in the Bible were known to be warriors?

There is the difference between an earthly Prince and The Prince of God. The Prince of God is favored at all times, flourishes at the river bank, is an overcomer and cannot struggle in life.

The most a parent cab do for a child is to pray for it and nurture it. Not all this nomenclature hassles. Any regular name you give your child is good enough.

Names cannot define a person.

names cnnt define a person? Are you serious?! Then i advice you name your seed gehazi, jezebel, judas, etc and then pray for them to leave a different life. Why do people like you avoid such names? A prince is an overcomer and doesn't struggle abi? Please what does he overcome? Is it not when one stands after a struggle that they become overcomers? Check out the true sons of david and see if they were not army trained(solomon was sidelined because of hs bckground), jonathan was a warrior that fought with hs father saul, many other princes except those too young. Man hs authority to... Fine! God will not step into what he didnt start. You do smethng on your own and you expect him to bless it? He gives grace to those who submit to tally to him and hs will(the humble). Times have changed sir! Give God every chance! To whom he names, He gives grace.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 8:46am On May 23, 2016
Israel5:
names cnnt define a person? Are you serious?! Then i advice you name your seed gehazi, jezebel, judas, etc and then pray for them to leave a different life. Why do people like you avoid such names? A prince is an overcomer and doesn't struggle abi? Please what does he overcome? Is it not when one stands after a struggle that they become overcomers? Check out the true sons of david and see if they were not army trained(solomon was sidelined because of hs bckground), jonathan was a warrior that fought with hs father saul, many other princes except those too young. Man hs authority to... Fine! God will not step into what he didnt start. You do smethng on your own and you expect him to bless it? He gives grace to those who submit to tally to him and hs will(the humble). Times have changed sir! Give God every chance! To whom he names, He gives grace.

Till the present day, children are still names Judas. People do name their children Jezebel. That people associate a name with a negative character does not mean the name is wrong/bad because of the deeds of somebody who had it before. Jezebel was not the first woman named Jezebel. There were probably other women by the name, but she chose to live her life as a seductress. Gehazi was not the first Gehazi to have existed. It was probably a common name. But it doesn't mean nobody can answer the name because one Gehazi misbehaved. It's like saying your child can never be called Adolf because of Hitler, when there were many people bearing the name before him and and the same time as him and even after him. The name not make one a murderer.

Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 8:05pm On May 26, 2016
Tellemall:

Till the present day, children are still names Judas. People do name their children Jezebel. That people associate a name with a negative character does not mean the name is wrong/bad because of the deeds of somebody who had it before. Jezebel was not the first woman named Jezebel. There were probably other women by the name, but she chose to live her life as a seductress. Gehazi was not the first Gehazi to have existed. It was probably a common name. But it doesn't mean nobody can answer the name because one Gehazi misbehaved. It's like saying your child can never be called Adolf because of Hitler, when there were many people bearing the name before him and and the same time as him and even after him. The name not make one a murderer.

do you know about the jews? They describe/judge a person by their names being that jewish parents named their children by divine knowledge and circumstances around the birth. Rachel called her baby Benoni, why did Jacob change it? Because the name would spell doom for the child who was renamed Benjamin. Ask Jabez to tell you more. Israel is my focus but since you're broadening the subject, i'll tell you that bearing Good names saves no one from trouble too. Joshua/Jesus are hebrew and greek names for saviour, now compare their lives. Grace was available to them towards bringing salvation to the people. Mary means bitterness bt people look at the character(Jesus' mum) around the name nd nt the meaning. How many were/are virgns b4 marriage or now? What do u take on that? Don't refer to people that name their children anyhow cos some parents can be foolish enough to have such people as role models. Refer to yourself! Will you name your dot Jezebel? No. Why? There is somethng you fear and that's where your believe lies only you fail to acknwldge it. Man was given a chance in the garden to name when he ruled the world bt nw the prince(satan) of ths world rules. If you dnt take names seriously, demons do. Man is helpless. Let God lead!
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 26, 2016
WHY DO U HARDLY FIND A NIGERIA CHILD NAMED JESUS? BUT IN MEXICO THE NAME IS POPULAR...NIGERIANS AND FEAR SHA
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 9:39pm On May 26, 2016
Elohim1:
WHY DO U HARDLY FIND A NIGERIA CHILD NAMED JESUS? BUT IN MEXICO THE NAME IS POPULAR...NIGERIANS AND FEAR SHA
i've seen it in Nigeria. Nigerian christians are not afraid per se, only pious, they respect the name so much. I for one, will not advice any1 to bear the name because it's a special name for the special one; to bring salvatn to men. The very Name God exalts above every other. That's the essence of ths thread, Let God... If he wills, go ahead. There's always Emmanuel and Joshua to pick from tho.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 3:34pm On May 29, 2016
Israel5:
do you know about the jews? They describe/judge a person by their names being that jewish parents named their children by divine knowledge and circumstances around the birth. Rachel called her baby Benoni, why did Jacob change it? Because the name would spell doom for the child who was renamed Benjamin. Ask Jabez to tell you more. Israel is my focus but since you're broadening the subject, i'll tell you that bearing Good names saves no one from trouble too. Joshua/Jesus are hebrew and greek names for saviour, now compare their lives. Grace was available to them towards bringing salvation to the people. Mary means bitterness bt people look at the character(Jesus' mum) around the name nd nt the meaning. How many were/are virgns b4 marriage or now? What do u take on that? Don't refer to people that name their children anyhow cos some parents can be foolish enough to have such people as role models. Refer to yourself! Will you name your dot Jezebel? No. Why? There is somethng you fear and that's where your believe lies only you fail to acknwldge it. Man was given a chance in the garden to name when he ruled the world bt nw the prince(satan) of ths world rules. If you dnt take names seriously, demons do. Man is helpless. Let God lead!

You just twisted yourself round by mentioning Mary. Was Mary the first Mary? Do all women named Mary live rebellious lives? Wasn't Mary a fulfilled woman at the end of it? If she were true to her name, she would've rebelled against her divine pregnancy, rebelled against marrying Joseph still, just gone about her eat rebelling, because the origin of her name would lie with the first woman named Miriam. Was that Miriam the first Miriam? No.

There were some children called snake-like or snake. Did that in anyway affect them, simply because t heir mother thought them rather pallid at birth?

Your theory of names is strongly revoked in the Bible. Somewhere in Isaiah it said something like, " never in the land of Israel shall the saying be heard, that the teeth of the children were set on edge for the sour grapes their fathers ate ". This means unless you wish to look at the origins of the first person with a name it's pointless doing so.

Jabez was called Jabez, it doesn't mean that his name bright his woes. His name meant sorrow, but you and I don't know what prompted his mother to call him that. If you dish by know the history of Jacob, you would try and read meaning into the origin of the name. Bed cause there are many names with no attached origins that you can see to draw any meaning from whatsoever, and it means nothing but what the name says.

Jewish people, like all ancient customs, named children by circumstances but that doesn't mean the child must live up to the evil of his name. What do you say about those whose names are not evil? Their names don't affect their lives because they're not evil? I've pointed out the name Jezebel before.

You need to stop being negative about the name Israel. If it offends you so much, like Jacob had a name change, change yours to an" easier " one.

Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2016
Tellemall:

You just twisted yourself round by mentioning Mary. Was Mary the first Mary? Do all women named Mary live rebellious lives? Wasn't Mary a fulfilled woman at the end of it? If she were true to her name, she would've rebelled against her divine pregnancy, rebelled against marrying Joseph still, just gone about her eat rebelling, because the origin of her name would lie with the first woman named Miriam. Was that Miriam the first Miriam? No.

There were some children called snake-like or snake. Did that in anyway affect them, simply because t heir mother thought them rather pallid at birth?

Your theory of names is strongly revoked in the Bible. Somewhere in Isaiah it said something like, " never in the land of Israel shall the saying be heard, that the teeth of the children were set on edge for the sour grapes their fathers ate ". This means unless you wish to look at the origins of the first person with a name it's pointless doing so.

Jabez was called Jabez, it doesn't mean that his name bright his woes. His name meant sorrow, but you and I don't know what prompted his mother to call him that. If you dish by know the history of Jacob, you would try and read meaning into the origin of the name. Bed cause there are many names with no attached origins that you can see to draw any meaning from whatsoever, and it means nothing but what the name says.

Jewish people, like all ancient customs, named children by circumstances but that doesn't mean the child must live up to the evil of his name. What do you say about those whose names are not evil? Their names don't affect their lives because they're not evil? I've pointed out the name Jezebel before.

You need to stop being negative about the name Israel. If it offends you so much, like Jacob had a name change, change yours to an" easier " one.

i didn't mean that Marys live a bad life. Mary was bitter seeing her innocent son die like a criminal. She lived with that! That was her name playing out. She wasn't the only/first Mary, but the grace to shade the bitter experience of a mother and dead innocent son was given to her. Calling yourself Mary doesn't automatically make you holy and favoured. I was tryng to remind you of the fact that every individual still has a part to play in the destiny drive. Well, my name is not offensive to me sir! My name is just not for every tom and west to bear. Same could apply for yours; and this has been one of the points i've been trying to make from the onset. Is there a perfect man on earth? NO! Is there a perfect name? NO! Only good and bad people, good and bad names. The former is better than gold(riches). Those were God's words by Solomon. Jabez was honourable(well to do) yet his name polluted his honour. (I dnt knw your definition of Perfect tho). Are you saying that names play no part in Destiny? Then you're ridiculing God. He could have called Jesus; John instead. You said, "unless you choose to look at the origin of the first person with a name, it's pointless" good! I know one name with an origin, Israel! First man: Jacob and then A nation. I'm not negative about the name but if the name is perfect then was it all rosy for Jacob and the Israelites? I have a goodname but it'll be perfect when i fulfill my destiny. I get it, you don't believe in the power of a name and You don't believe in Jesus(saviour). Oooh, i love my name and I thank God no man named me. To whom He names, He gives grace.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 5:01pm On May 29, 2016
Israel5:
i didn't mean that Marys live a bad life. Mary was bitter seeing her innocent son die like a criminal. She lived with that! That was her name playing out. She wasn't the only/first Mary, but the grace to shade the bitter experience of a mother and dead innocent son was given to her. Calling yourself Mary doesn't automatically make you holy and favoured. I was tryng to remind you of the fact that every individual still has a part to play in the destiny drive. Well, my name is not offensive to me sir! My name is just not for every tom and west to bear. Same could apply for yours; and this has been one of the points i've been trying to make from the onset. Is there a perfect man on earth? NO! Is there a perfect name? NO! Only good and bad people, good and bad names. The former is better than gold(riches). Those were God's words by Solomon. Jabez was honourable(well to do) yet his name polluted his honour. (I dnt knw your definition of Perfect tho). Are you saying that names play no part in Destiny? Then you're ridiculing God. He could have called Jesus; John instead. You said, "unless you choose to look at the origin of the first person with a name, it's pointless" good! I know one name with an origin, Israel! First man: Jacob and then A nation. I'm not negative about the name but if the name is perfect then was it all rosy for Jacob and the Israelites? I have a goodname but it'll be perfect when i fulfill my destiny. I get it, you don't believe in the power of a name and You don't believe in Jesus(saviour). Oooh, i love my name and I thank God no man named me. To whom He names, He gives grace.

Okay. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

However, you lay too much importance on the name, and less on the individual. A name cannot define you, but your choices and actions in life do.

When it gets right down to it, your name will not save you or make your life easier. Grace will.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 5:06pm On May 29, 2016
Tellemall:

Okay. Whatever makes you sleep at night. A name cannot define you, but your choices and actions in life do.

When it gets right down to it, your name will not save you or make your life easier. Grace will.
True. Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 5:20pm On May 29, 2016
Israel5:
True. Thanks for your contributions.

It's been fun.

Your name is beautiful, one of the most prized on earth. The one who flourishes by the river side, the branch that doesn't cease, the one who God himself loves.

Anybody with the name Israel is already fortunate, just by that name. wink
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2016
Tellemall:

It's been fun.

Your name is beautiful, one of the most prized on earth. The one who flourishes by the river side, the branch that doesn't cease, the one who God himself loves.

Anybody with the name Israel is already fortunate, just by that name. wink
lol. That's huge o. Thanks. But you never said your name...
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Tellemall: 8:19pm On May 29, 2016
Israel5:
lol. That's huge o. Thanks. But you never said your name...

I'm the angel in disguise, the rain to the desert, the smile of a thousand nations, the delightsome brewing greatness, the tornado of man's divinity, the jet that jettisons across life leaving a steam trail of inspiration. I am interested in the freedom of the soul. I dance on stars and set ablaze the sun; I am an inferno waiting to consume, to devour, to salsa with the fuels of ignition.

I. Am. Me.

Call me Tellemall.
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Israel5(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
Tellemall:

I'm the angel in disguise, the rain to the desert, the smile of a thousand nations, the delightsome brewing greatness, the tornado of man's divinity, the jet that jettisons across life leaving a steam trail of inspiration. I am interested in the freedom of the soul. I dance on stars and set ablaze the sun; I am an inferno waiting to consume, to devour, to salsa with the fuels of ignition.

I. Am. Me.

Call me Tellemall.
aii. Farewel
Re: Israel: An Imperfect Name For A Child by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
Israel5:
thngs dnt work that way. we've literally not met. Israel, What's your opinion on the topic? How is ur life? Do u mind sharing?

I agree with virtually everything ..... truly my life is been filled with battles especially on my spiritual life and opinion ... today standing for Christ tomorrow am something else.......

I truly don't know much about the spiritual life of a lot of Israel but I must confess a lot the ones I have met are good strong Christians .... and some are not really concerned about religion (very scare anyway)

I agree with the meaning of Israel

but I don't agree that it's an imperfect name ...... (my views though)

(1) (Reply)

Be Careful Of The Kind Of Anointing Oil You Buy. / 90 Verses In The Bible Say Jesus Is Not God / Only JESUS Can Do This: (video Testimony Of Raul Perez)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.